Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,898 members, 7,821,130 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

Photo : Traffic Warden Yanks Out Motorist’s Teeth Over N50 - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Photo : Traffic Warden Yanks Out Motorist’s Teeth Over N50 (587 Views)

Worker Knocks Off Indian Boss’ 7 Teeth Over Unpaid Salary (Photo) / Stray Bullet From Police Pursuing Driver Over N50 Hits Man In Rivers (Graphic) / Traffic Warden In Zamfara Breaks Pastor's Head At Tudun Wada, Gusau (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photo : Traffic Warden Yanks Out Motorist’s Teeth Over N50 by braimeddy: 5:47am On Jan 27, 2016

Scene of the incident

There was pandemonium at the Omole bus stop on Oba Ogunnusi Road in the Ojodu area of Lagos State on Tuesday after a traffic warden, Sunday Charles, engaged in fisticuffs with a motorist, identified only as Kingsley.

We learn that Kingsley, who was stopped by a team of traffic wardens at the junction, was allegedly beaten up by Charles for refusing to part with N50.

The motorist lost three front teeth during the brawl.

Our correspondents gathered that Kingsley and some people in the bus manhandled Charles and threatened to drag him to the Ojodu Police Division for the assault on the driver, before some pedestrians advised them against reporting the incident.

One of our correspondents observed that at about 11.30am, Charles, who was with three female officers and four officials of the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority, had stopped Kingsley’s vehicle at the junction.

The traffic warden allegedly demanded N50 from the motorist before he could let him go.

It was learnt that trouble, however, started when Kingsley claimed that he had earlier given N50 to the warden, adding that he would not give him another until evening.

Charles, who allegedly insisted on collecting the money, was said to have dragged Kingsley down from the vehicle and punched him in the face, during which the motorist’s three teeth fell off.

It was gathered that Kingsley held the warden and demanded medical treatment. A large crowd was said to have gathered at the scene and tried in vain to separate the warden and the motorist who held each other’s clothes.

Speaking with our correspondent, Kingsley said he refused to allow Charles to go because he had injured him.

He said, “I am a commercial driver. The warden stopped me about 8am and I gave him N50. So, I was surprised when he asked me again.

“I was going towards Agidingbi Road when he stopped me. He demanded another N50. I refused, saying he should wait till evening. He dragged me from the bus and started punching him on my face.

Kingsley

“My mouth started bleeding. I realised three of my front teeth had fallen off. So, I grabbed his uniform. People bundled him inside my vehicle and said I should take him to the police station.

“His colleagues and LASTMA officials stood away during the altercation because he did not listen to them. I suspect the warden was drunk because of the way he dragged me from my vehicle.”

A pedestrian, who was a witness, Abiodun Dada, told one of our correspondents that other traffic wardens and LASTMA officials, who were embarrassed by Charles’ action, later calmed down enraged motorists not to protest against the incident.

He said, “It was the warden who first hit the motorist. He punched him on the mouth and yanked out some of his teeth. It was the blood gushing from the driver’s mouth that attracted pedestrians. We later discovered it was an argument over payment of N50.

“If not for the wardens and the LASTMA officials who begged angry motorists, the gathering could have turned violent.”

Another pedestrian, whose shirt was bloodstained as he tried to rescue Kingsley from Charles, said, “As people dragged the warden inside the vehicle, his trousers were torn, and buttons of his shirt also fell off. We wanted to report him at the Ojodu Police Station, and to demand that he should take Kingsley for treatment at a hospital.

“But when we saw that his uniform had torn, we advised Kingley to let him go and leave the matter to God. We suspected that the police could turn the matter against him for tearing the uniform of their officer and neglect his missing teeth.”

Our correspondents learnt that Charles was freed by the motorist at about 12.30pm.

The Police Public Relations Officer, Dolapo Badmos, said it was the motorist and his condoctor who assaulted the traffic warden, adding that Charles’ uniform was torn during the attack on him.

She said, “The traffic warden was beaten by a commercial bus driver and his conductor who are still at large. His service uniform was torn to pieces. He was rescued by a team of policemen deployed in the scene. The case will be dealt with decisively.”

http://www.punchng.com/traffic-warden-yanks-out-motorists-teeth-over-n50/
Re: Photo : Traffic Warden Yanks Out Motorist’s Teeth Over N50 by LEOSIRSIR(m): 5:50am On Jan 27, 2016
That's lagos for you wink
Re: Photo : Traffic Warden Yanks Out Motorist’s Teeth Over N50 by Bambless1(m): 5:57am On Jan 27, 2016
In Fela's Voice Na Craze Man Be That Caraze Man ! ! !
Re: Photo : Traffic Warden Yanks Out Motorist’s Teeth Over N50 by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:58am On Jan 27, 2016
So we have such talent in this CUNTry & we are looking for boxers
Re: Photo : Traffic Warden Yanks Out Motorist’s Teeth Over N50 by boboLIL(m): 6:12am On Jan 27, 2016
All dis touts wey dem de employ for road dis days....

If na me,,, the matter no end here oh.... He must replace my lost teeth with GOLD SLUGS....

That driver should thank God the man no blow am again oh..

1 blow = 3teeth

2 or 3blows ,,, you will just resemble my great grand mother
Re: Photo : Traffic Warden Yanks Out Motorist’s Teeth Over N50 by 7footre(m): 6:13am On Jan 27, 2016
Lol! 3 cha? The guy no pity am at all o! Banks should take note o. Cos we coming for them...
Allah ya raba mu da babu cry
Re: Photo : Traffic Warden Yanks Out Motorist’s Teeth Over N50 by donholy28(m): 6:15am On Jan 27, 2016
Blame Buhari
Re: Photo : Traffic Warden Yanks Out Motorist’s Teeth Over N50 by boboLIL(m): 6:17am On Jan 27, 2016
donholy28:
Blame Buhari
why. U go blame buhari? na buhari blow the driver?
Re: Photo : Traffic Warden Yanks Out Motorist’s Teeth Over N50 by eleko1: 6:20am On Jan 27, 2016
Useless Dolapo Badoss whatever useless name she bear undecided sad.How did she knw that the driver/conductor assault that drunk yellow fever undecided? Who removed the driver 3 front teeth undecided sad? NIG police sad need deliverance
Re: Photo : Traffic Warden Yanks Out Motorist’s Teeth Over N50 by sugarbelly4: 6:55am On Jan 27, 2016
hahahaha

(1) (Reply)

When Ghanians Teach Canadians, Old School "Alaba Market" Ways / Muslim Trader Stabbed To Death For Wishing Christians Happy Easter / Police Arraign Hospital Workers For Mutilating Woman In Osun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.