Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

How Much Energy Does It Take To Vaporize A Human? - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How Much Energy Does It Take To Vaporize A Human? (1525 Views)

Fish That Looks Like A Human Being Goes Viral / How Much Energy Will My Appliances Use Over A Given Period? / Graphic: See Shocking Photos As A Goat Gives Birth To A Human-like Kid In Taraba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Energy Does It Take To Vaporize A Human? by Lilimax(f): 3:04pm On Jan 27, 2016
I was reading about Mohammed Emwazi aka Jihadi John; the infamous British ISIS executioner and how he was vapourised in Syria by American Pilots sitting in Nevada.
It got me thinking of how a human being can be vapourised?

According to a 2013 study published in the Journal of Interdisciplinary Science Topics (Annals of Mad Science and the Journal of Sophisticated Villainery not having nearly as good of impact factors) it would take 2.99 GJ worth of energy to completely vaporize an entire human body. This fact should give you pause before you try to vaporize a place, rather than a person, writes blogger Kyle Hill. You'd need more than 70 of the most powerful lasers that currently exist just to off that one person. And that's not very efficient evil.

1 Like

Re: How Much Energy Does It Take To Vaporize A Human? by Donald3d(m): 3:10pm On Jan 27, 2016
Lilimax:
I was reading about Mohammed Emwazi aka Jihadi John; the infamous British executioner and how he was vapourised in Syria by Americans Pilots sitting in Nevada.
It got me thinking of how a human being can be vapourised?

According to a 2013 study published in the Journal of Interdisciplinary Science Topics (Annals of Mad Science and the Journal of Sophisticated Villainery not having nearly as good of impact factors) it would take 2.99 GJ worth of energy to completely vaporize an entire human body. This fact should give you pause before you try to vaporize a place, rather than a person, writes blogger Kyle Hill. You'd need more than 70 of the most powerful lasers that currently exist just to off that one person. And that's not very efficient evil.
hehehe "not very efficient evil"
Re: How Much Energy Does It Take To Vaporize A Human? by RobinHez(m): 4:10pm On Jan 27, 2016
I just went through an article on the story. I believe the word 'evaporated' was not intended for literal decoding by the reader.

The attack was targeted at him in a street from a remote controlled missile.... Thats like snooping out a rat from dozens of rats... And the after-word being used was "we killed..." shey u get na? There was no mention of lasers sef.
Re: How Much Energy Does It Take To Vaporize A Human? by Outofsync(m): 6:44pm On Jan 27, 2016
The person above me has said it all

2 Likes

Re: How Much Energy Does It Take To Vaporize A Human? by bqlekan(m): 9:29pm On Jan 27, 2016
Lol, RobinHez said it all.. but can the human body really be evaporated? How much energy is needed to sublimate the enamel? grin

1 Like

Re: How Much Energy Does It Take To Vaporize A Human? by RobinHez(m): 9:33pm On Jan 27, 2016
bqlekan:
Lol, RobinHez said it all.. but can the human body really be evaporated? How much energy is needed to sublimate the enamel? grin

I believe that would be a complex thing to achieve... With the kinda technology we currently possess... Actual disintegration of an object would seem easier...
Re: How Much Energy Does It Take To Vaporize A Human? by Angelou(m): 9:38pm On Jan 27, 2016
please send me the link to where you read that news lilimax
Re: How Much Energy Does It Take To Vaporize A Human? by bqlekan(m): 9:47pm On Jan 27, 2016
RobinHez:

I believe that would be a complex thing to achieve... With the kinda technology we currently possess... Actual disintegration of an object would seem easier...
Yeah, disintegration is much achievable. More like speeding up the process of decaying.. even at 4 trillion degrees?
Re: How Much Energy Does It Take To Vaporize A Human? by RobinHez(m): 10:10pm On Jan 27, 2016
bqlekan:

Yeah, disintegration is much achievable. More like speeding up the process of decaying.. even at 4 trillion degrees?
The highest man-made temperature? shocked

Well... I cannot tell.. lipsrsealed
Re: How Much Energy Does It Take To Vaporize A Human? by bqlekan(m): 10:14pm On Jan 27, 2016
RobinHez:

The highest man-made temperature? shocked

Well... I cannot tell.. lipsrsealed
Lol grin lets just hope vapourisation won't be a max penalty in the coming years.. M sure that temp would do more than sublimate the human body... grin
Re: How Much Energy Does It Take To Vaporize A Human? by RobinHez(m): 11:13pm On Jan 27, 2016
bqlekan:

Lol grin lets just hope vapourisation won't be a max penalty in the coming years.. M sure that temp would do more than sublimate the human body... grin

I refuse to imagine... grin

1 Like

Re: How Much Energy Does It Take To Vaporize A Human? by Lilimax(f): 11:45am On Jan 28, 2016
Re: How Much Energy Does It Take To Vaporize A Human? by ghostofsparta(m): 10:10pm On Apr 06, 2016
Lilimax:
it would take 2.99 GJ worth of energy to completely vaporize an entire human body. This fact should give you pause before you try to vaporize a place, rather than a person, writes blogger Kyle Hill. You'd need more than 70 of the most powerful lasers that currently exist just to off that one person. And that's not very efficient evil.
I wanted to recommend you should contact Neil DeGrss Tyson who is in the best position to answer your question, but you already answered it yourself, why then the asking ?

(1) (Reply)

SHOCKER! Fish With Human Teeth Discovered – See What Was Found In It Stomach / How To Get More Twitter Followers Free Instantly Without Following Back / 3 New Planets Discovered Could Host Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.