Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,724 members, 7,862,305 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 01:33 PM

Who Created God? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Created God? (1775 Views)

If God Created Everything, Who Created God? / Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? / Who Created God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Created God? by sexyLeamon(f): 10:29am On Jun 28, 2009
think poster think harder till you go insane rubbish
Re: Who Created God? by Thor(m): 10:30am On Jun 28, 2009
Faith has nothing to do with God. It is a human element that we hope there is something better than the miserable existence the majority suffer during life and it is also down to the fear of dying, nothing more and nothing less!

The worst contradiction is that if we don't believe then we will be tortured in the after life  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed LMAO

But don't forget, Jesus loves you  grin grin grin
Re: Who Created God? by huxley2(m): 10:30am On Jun 28, 2009
FRA:

The fool in his mind says there is no God. "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. This is what the ancients were commended for. By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God's command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible." Hebrews 11: 1- 3  wink

Only the fool quotes the bible in support of the bible.
Re: Who Created God? by wirinet(m): 10:31am On Jun 28, 2009
God was created by the powerful elites in a society to control the populace and arrogate absolute power to themselves by claiming to be the spokesman for an all powerful and all conquering invisible ( to the masses anyway)god, or a spokesman of a spokesman of the god. The God is often a carbon copy of the society that crates it. The people are kept in check by offering a system of carrot and stick - fear and reward, for remaining loyal to the spokesman of the spokesman of the God. Sometimes a king that is able to acquire absolute power transforms to a god, or a reincarnation of god, or the only messenger of god. Finally the King will direct a holy book to be written by the few literate men available according to his dictates, and if one already exists will appoint scholars to re-translate  the holy book to meet his purpose and the holy book will be declared law.
Re: Who Created God? by FRA: 10:47am On Jun 28, 2009
I sense frustration, anger, confusion, loneliness, anxiety, the feeling of being lost, not wanted. I understand that is what happens when you are a lost sheep. sadUnfortunately there is no reprieve or remedy until you accept that you need help from God. The God i know gives peace of mind. You can have all the best responses, wise cracks and cover your frustration with attitude but in the depth of your heart you know something is missing. There will always be a void in your life. You know what, it doesnt really matter what you think or say about God, he has been the same, is the same today and will be the same for eternity. His existence does not depend on your recognising him or not. You can read all the so called best books about whether he exists or not, the only way to know about Him is to open your heart and let him in. And yes, I expect to receive more wise cracks to this. grin
Re: Who Created God? by Aremugangan(m): 10:48am On Jun 28, 2009
Most of u guys here opposing d existence of d Almighty re lyk some blind men asked 2touch n explain w@ en Elephant is. because dey had no sight, doz wu touchd d legs explaind it 2b a tree or a pillar, doz wu touchd d tail explaind it 2b a rope, doz wu touchd d ears explaind it 2b a blanket; different ppl had different opinion evn dou der were sayin d same tin bt d worst ppl were doz d@ did nt touch anytin yet dey claimed it was notin. D only ppl d@ got d perfect picture were d visibles.
Proper explanation: d xtians re lyk d blind men, dey av different opinion abt deir God dependin on deir sects. D non-belivers abt d existence of God re doz d@ did nt feel it yet concluded dere is no God, n d Muslims; we re d visibles. We ol blv d God is Allah; before n afta whom dere is nobody. Pls b reasonable!!!
Re: Who Created God? by Thor(m): 10:50am On Jun 28, 2009
It is very easy for me to prove that God does not exist. I ask you to prove that he does exist!

Just as 10,000 years ago the Egyptians believed in a myriad of God's, they have all disappeared. Give Christianity the same amount of time and something new will come along to replace the current beliefs lipsrsealed

LMAO No Bible quotes please  grin grin grin
Re: Who Created God? by FRA: 11:51am On Jun 28, 2009
@Thor.I am really interested to hear how you intend to prove that God does not exist. Please educate me while you assume that I am unable to provide proof that he exists.
Re: Who Created God? by Tudor6(f): 12:47pm On Jun 28, 2009
He's able to deduce your god doesn't exist due to your inability to provide evidence evidence that he does. Simple. undecided
Re: Who Created God? by FRA: 12:52pm On Jun 28, 2009
Your logic is so convincing. Keep it up cheesy Its like saying because I am standing therefore I am not sitting grin
Re: Who Created God? by KAG: 12:56pm On Jun 28, 2009
Krayola:

haha . . .i don't even know what ontology means.

Don't worry about it. Noetic doesn't know what it means either.

Tudór:

He's able to deduce your god doesn't exist due to your inability to provide evidence evidence that he does. Simple. undecided

To be fair, that shouldn't be one's only criterion for dismissing the god hypothesis.

FRA:

Your logic is so convincing. Keep it up cheesy Its like saying because I am standing therefore I am not sitting grin

"because I'm standing therefore I'm not sitting" is actually logical.
Re: Who Created God? by FRA: 1:06pm On Jun 28, 2009
Na wa O. I didnt say his response was not illogical, just that it was too easy and sounded like he wanted to get an easy way out of the discussion
Re: Who Created God? by Tudor6(f): 1:24pm On Jun 28, 2009
Easy way or not, TRUTH IS TRUTH.
Besides,you don't need to be a rocket scientist to know your god doesn't exist.
Re: Who Created God? by FRA: 1:31pm On Jun 28, 2009
@Tudor you have just taken the easy way out again. I agree that the truth IS the truth and Jesus is the truth, the way and the light and anyone that comes to him shall receive eternal life. wink
Re: Who Created God? by jagunlabi(m): 1:32pm On Jun 28, 2009
The God of God created God.Of course we will have to follow that with the next question, "so,who created the God of God that created God?"Really,who wants to play this game?It might last a lifetime.
Re: Who Created God? by FRA: 1:37pm On Jun 28, 2009
Jagunlabi, why you dey confuse yourself like this, pele oooo. Read Genesis chapter 1, maybe it will help
Re: Who Created God? by jagunlabi(m): 1:38pm On Jun 28, 2009
So you want me to read the genesis chapter 1 to confuse myself even further?No,thanks. grin
That chapter says "In the beginning, ". Question, "In the beginning of what?"
Before that beginning there was god,which signifies that there existed a beginning prior to the biblical "beginning", and this god was in that "beginning".So what was there before that particular "beginning" in which the bible god existed in order to create the "beginning" talked about in the genesis chapter 1?Are you confused,already?I know i am. grin
FRA:

Jagunlabi, why you dey confuse yourself like this, pele oooo. Read Genesis chapter 1, maybe it will help
Re: Who Created God? by Thor(m): 1:43pm On Jun 28, 2009
Keep putting your money in the church collection box people or else you are going to burn in hell grin grin grin

LMAO
Re: Who Created God? by FRA: 2:01pm On Jun 28, 2009
Am glad to know that at least Jagunlabi has read or has a copy of the bible. There is still some hope for you. When you have finished confusing yourself, late at night when that void in your heart start to worry you, that your copy of the bible will come in useful.

Its been nice chatting with you guys, but I am going to watch the football. Later tongue
Re: Who Created God? by Tudor6(f): 2:02pm On Jun 28, 2009
Quote from: FRA
@Tudor you have taken the easy way out again. I agree that the truth IS the truth and Jesus is the truth, the way and the life and anyone that comes to him shall have eternal life
This is a BIG LIE!
Re: Who Created God? by bindex(m): 2:39pm On Jun 28, 2009
FRA:

I sense frustration, anger, confusion, loneliness, anxiety, the feeling of being lost, not wanted.

I am an atheist and I am MOST happy now that I am one, I have never been happier in my life, now that I know that the whole religious tale is a farce. I know the superficial comfort and hope religion gives but it is nothing compared to the new found happiness I now have as an atheist. By the way where is your evidence to show that atheist are frustrated, confused, anxious and feeling lost?  .

I understand that is what happens when you are a lost sheep.  sadUnfortunately there is no reprieve or remedy until you accept that you need help from God.

grin grin How does your invisible boogey man help people? If he exist and helps people there will be evidence and it will be seen. NO?

The God i know gives peace of mind.

How? there is NO evidence to show that Christians have more peace of mind than non christians.

You can have all the best responses, wise cracks and cover your frustration with attitude but in the depth of your heart you know something is missing.

What might be missing?  grin grin, The idea that a person is frustrated because he does not believe in the invention of ancient jews and romans is absurd. How do you know that we are frustrated and what are we frustrated about? 

There will always be a void in your life. You know what, it doesnt really matter what you think or say about God, he has been the same, is the same today and will be the same for eternity.

Only that you do not even know which god you are really talking about, the bible god has never been the same read the OT and NT and see how he has changed completely and made a complete U turn. The bible god has never been the same because the people that keep creating him in their minds to fit in with the culture keep changing him over and over again, that is why believers can not even agree on his basic nature because each of them seem to create him to fit their world view.

His existence does not depend on your recognising him or not.

The day people stop believing in your imaginary god is the day he will cease to exist. He exist only because people believe in him, the day people stop believing in him he will die off like most of the gods before him that have die away.

You can read all the so called best books about whether he exists or not, the only way to know about Him is to open your heart and let him in. And yes, I expect to receive more wise cracks to this. grin

How did you come to believe in a god? did you not also read the writings of other people telling you about him? have you ever heard any god tell you that he exists? did you not read about what other men wrote about the god they created in their own image?
Re: Who Created God? by jagunlabi(m): 6:10pm On Jun 28, 2009
I have read the bible,indeed.That was how i was able to know that it is a book not meant to be taken seriously nor literarily.An ancient fairy tale from the middle eastern desert is all that it is.
FRA:

Am glad to know that at least Jagunlabi has read or has a copy of the bible. There is still some hope for you.

Hope for what, exactly?Why should i require a book of ancient and outdated fairy tales to have hope?Please clarify. grin
FRA:

There is still some hope for you.

Not really.The bible is the cause of the confusion in the first place,plus the worrying void in the heart late at night.What with all those crazy unanswered questions swirling around in the head of the readers.Those are enough to cause,and does cause huge voids in hearts of believers.That is what stifled unanswerd questions cause to the body and the psyche. Remedy?Let go of it,like i did.
A book can never save you,especially not the one written by cattle herders in the middle east thousands of years ago. wink
FRA:

When you have finished confusing yourself, late at night when that void in your heart start to worry you, that your copy of the bible will come in useful.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Something To Learning From Osama Bin Ladin / Be Led By The Spirit Through The Word - Pastor Chris. / Is It Right To Shout God Is Great When Murdering Fellow Human Beings ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.