Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,181 members, 7,953,649 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:47 PM

Animations: Shades Of Levels. - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Animations: Shades Of Levels. (1446 Views)

3D Help, Modeling, Animations, WIPs, Showcases for Beginners n Pros / Video Animations Expert Urgently Needed / How Much Money Can I Make From Animations. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Animations: Shades Of Levels. by reidkrugger(m): 7:22pm On Jan 27, 2016
There‘s a thing about artists that i love and its their ego. Each of them bearing d mark of creativity spurring & boiling from somewhere within & below trying to take over their conscious self in a bid to birth something. Hence d battle between d conscious & subconscious. From painting, sculpting & everything in- between, down to animations, the feeling is thesame. Thus we all struggle to be the best we can at what we do.
But... another thing which also happens to be the best thing i love about been an artist particularly animation is that, u cant force anything down d audience throats. You can try to sell but u cant negotiate ideas or your work with the audience. You do your work, you get it right, they see it, it makes sense, they applaud. We all know what colour red is and trying to pass blue as such wont work here. Worse still, after your work is done, you wont be there when its viewed “most likely“, so you really cant force it.
But as an Animator & as we aspire to be the best at what we do, we reach new levels everyday. Today u r trying to figure out a walk cycle & at another time, your focus is on weight & it continues. You are like ryback. You want to be fed more & you should, because that is how you get better. If you stay true to yourself analysing your current situation, you‘ll discover a head way.
If you‘ve seen animators animate, i mean d pros. You‘ll discover how calm they are and how easy they make it look like. Everything just comes natural to these guys and you‘ve got to love them for it and ultimately want to be like them. Stuffz like this dont come to you in a year jimmy. Legends like this takes time to become. Even with all your videos you still wont close in or break that barrier. Time is time & you have to pay your dues one way or the other. Everything helps. Constant practice, books, films, mentorship, gifts, hobbies, everything & Sacrifice is key. This is like a church, you must learn to give offerings and pay thites. Animations wont come to you on a platter my friend. Something has to give. If it was one of the martial arts or even wrestling, they‘ll tell you “no pain, no gain“.
Animations, when mastered can be very rewarding & you are almost limitless in been creative as well as making money but the journey is a looooonnnng and troublesome one too. If its this troublesome, why should i learn it, you ask. Well maybe for the fact that it has its signature on most major film in terms of vfx & cgi. todays games without it is zero & even TV stations use it on their shows as well as for commercials and their are lots other uses to it than you can imagine including company explainer videos & slides & techy gadget stuffz. The benefits are enermous but you must begin from somewhere to reap all of these. And as you grow with the right attitude & knowledge, it reveals its nude body to you.
At this stage, the conscious does‘nt battle the subconscious anymore, they merge.

1 Like

Re: Animations: Shades Of Levels. by julimax(m): 3:16pm On Jan 28, 2016
As an Animator you feel like a demi-god. You create life out of nothing. An empty still space-you just turn it into an active scene and keep people watching, interpreting and even arguing. You tell your story and keep them occupied, watching it over and over again and marvelling at how you injected life into still characters.

You never hired a camera man, physical lights, cast, location, etc. You just made everything come alive from one empty space just like magic

If you've got a creative head, you'll know how it feels
Re: Animations: Shades Of Levels. by reidkrugger(m): 1:05pm On Feb 13, 2016
julimax:
As an Animator you feel like a demi-god. You create life out of nothing. An empty still space-you just turn it into an active scene and keep people watching, interpreting and even arguing. You tell your story and keep them occupied, watching it over and over again and marvelling at how you injected life into still characters.

You never hired a camera man, physical lights, cast, location, etc. You just made everything come alive from one empty space just like magic

If you've got a creative head, you'll know how it feels

Well said and that is a tip of the iceberg. For me, it‘s not just about animating... It is personal.
Re: Animations: Shades Of Levels. by reidkrugger(m): 10:21am On Jun 03, 2016
Ok, so it's been like some months after the creation of this thread and now i'm back again to post something on here. Here's my recent work done with 3dsmax CAT rig and the lowest poly models possible meaning there are no clothes simulations in this shot. Keeping everything simple, one can still come up with something like this [url][/url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJeWro2eFp0[url][/url]

And yeah, this is what the topic is all about. The Anime shot is not rendered yet and a WIP but you'll get the message even at that. Lets challenge ourselves to do more because that's the only way that ensures steady growth.

(1) (Reply)

Audio, Sound And Lightning Expert For Immediate Hire / What Do You See In This Picture? / Pengason Concepts,..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.