Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,900 members, 7,814,045 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

The Significant Of Moses And Elijah In The Transfiguration Of Christ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Significant Of Moses And Elijah In The Transfiguration Of Christ? (2156 Views)

Primate Elijah Ayodele's 2016 Prophecies: Corruption Will Fight Buhari / Biblical Week Indicates The Second Coming Of Christ To Be Between 2030 - 2035 / The 6th And 7th Books Of Moses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Significant Of Moses And Elijah In The Transfiguration Of Christ? by Igwe9(m): 9:29pm On Jun 27, 2009
After six days Jesus took with him Peter, James and John the brother of James, and led them up a high mountain by themselves.

2 There he was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and his clothes became as white as the light.

3 Just then there appeared before them Moses and Elijah, talking with Jesus.

4 Peter said to Jesus, “Lord, it is good for us to be here. If you wish, I will put up three shelters—one for you, one for Moses and one for Elijah.”

5 While he was still speaking, a bright cloud enveloped them, and a voice from the cloud said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. Listen to him!”
Matthew 17:1-8, Mark 9:2-8, and Luke 9:28-36.

My question goes this way; why is it Moses and Elijah? it could have be any other person that appeared before him(Christ) smiley
Re: The Significant Of Moses And Elijah In The Transfiguration Of Christ? by Tudor6(f): 9:45pm On Jun 27, 2009
The reason is quite simple. The writer of those verses is a BIG LIAR. Transfiguration indeed! cry
Re: The Significant Of Moses And Elijah In The Transfiguration Of Christ? by Image123(m): 10:53pm On Jun 27, 2009
@Igwe
Well God knows best as to why Moses and Elijah were the ones who appeared to Christ at the mount of transfiguration. The reason is not explicitly given in the passage, though some have suggested different reasons. Two reasons I'll re-bring up are these.
1. Some have said Moses represented the Law, while Elijah represented the prophets. i.e the law and the prophets(which make up the old testament) coming together with the new testament Christ.
2. Some have also pointed out to us the reality of the afterlife. There's life after death, not just fossils. Everyone has a soul that is eternal. Many had wondered in doubt as regards the death of Moses. no one even saw his dead body. A similar thing with Elijah who was raptured into heaven. Doubters can be left doubtless as to God's preservation of His own. It's not the way you die or are buried that really counts, it's where you go after death. God takes his own to be with Him, forever safe in the arms of His love
Re: The Significant Of Moses And Elijah In The Transfiguration Of Christ? by Tudor6(f): 6:15am On Jun 28, 2009
What a joke! grin grin
Re: The Significant Of Moses And Elijah In The Transfiguration Of Christ? by Igwe9(m): 6:59am On Jun 28, 2009
Image123:

@Igwe
   Well God knows best as to why Moses and Elijah were the ones who appeared to Christ at the mount of transfiguration. The reason is not explicitly given in the passage, though some have suggested different reasons. Two reasons I'll re-bring up are these.
1. Some have said Moses represented the Law, while Elijah represented the prophets. i.e the law and the prophets(which make up the old testament) coming together with the new testament Christ.
   2. Some have also pointed out to us the reality of the afterlife. There's life after death, not just fossils. Everyone has a soul that is eternal. Many had wondered in doubt as regards the death of Moses. no one even saw his dead body. A similar thing with Elijah who was raptured into heaven. Doubters can be left doubtless as to God's preservation of His own. It's not the way you die or are buried that really counts, it's where you go after death. God takes his own to be with Him, forever safe in the arms of His love

Waow!  @Image123 you deserve a round of stunning applause  smiley smiley smiley

Hey Mr. Tuder,
I think you need a Godly satellite navigation system to make your journey in this planet earth a success.
tongue smiley
Re: The Significant Of Moses And Elijah In The Transfiguration Of Christ? by Tudor6(f): 7:13am On Jun 28, 2009
Those who successfully navigated without the godly sat nav system,what are they. . . .lucky, perhaps? grin

(1) (Reply)

Have You Scrutinized/criticised Your Belief System Or Do You Just Believe? / Why Is The Genesis Creation Story Right And Other Creation Stories Wrong? / Where Are The 12 Disciples Of Jesus ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.