Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,307 members, 7,819,048 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. (31687 Views)

Ven Ernest Ezumezu, Anglican Priest Dies While Preaching At A Wedding In Anambra / Anambra Governorship Election: Anglican Church Releases Public Announcement / This Female Nigerian Anglican Priest Will Officiate Wedding Of Gay Bisi Alimi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by Sanchez01: 5:17am On Jul 09, 2017
madgoat:

This is absolute nonsense. From your write up its so obvious you were a luke-warm Catholic and never really had good understanding of Catholic teachings/dogma. You obviously never understood PURGATORY for you to have written such rubbish about the Catholic church not teaching rapture and saying its purgatory. Up till now you still dont even understand purgatory for u to have made such comments above. Anyway i leave you with your ignorance and your new found 'light'. But a word of advice: dont allow ignorance and lack of knowledge becloud your senses.
Care to explain what purgatory is with sound scriptural backing? Who knows, you just might end up converting a fellow today.

1 Like

Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by drnoel: 5:41am On Jul 09, 2017
ikechizoba:
I came from a staunch Catholic family, my dad is a knight, he has held many positions in various catholic association, right now he is down with partial stroke for the past nine years now.

In 2014, I got married to my Anglican husband with the full support from my parents,but my daddy's only sister, who lives in the village,was strongly against it,she fought our kinsmen when they secretly anchored our first for the fear of being reported to the church, threatening to report to the parish priest, saying that Catholics are not allowed to marry non Catholics in our village,she went ahead and reported l and my parents to the church.

Due to my dads condition, they couldn't go, so i went alone but was shocked at what the priest told me, he made me choose between the two churches, making it clear that if i wed in Anglican, that I have chosen darkness over light.

To cut the long story short, I successfully got married but my aunt made her own family and our kindred not to attend my traditional marriage, it was rather attended by the non Catholics, and also the church made my parents not to attend my white wedding, that if they attend, that they will not bury them when they die. But now, even without attending my white wedding, the church still insists that they will not bury my parents if they die since they allowed me to marry an Anglican, except if they openly apologize to the whole church.

My question is apologize for what? Please am not trying to paint catholic black, I was a devoted catholic even till now, but this?? pls NL, I need the address to the head of catholic church in Nigeria,I need answer to this please question

Pls careful how u portray this issue. When u say the church, it has nothing to do with the church itself cos am sure u mean the parish Priest and probably parish council and not the catholic church itself. This ur situations sounds very familiar with Catholic Priests in the southeast and most esp Nigerian Priest.
Please note that what ever they intend to achieve is not in the catholic doctrines or dogma, its just their way of trying to teach you people a lesson. I am catholic but completely dislike pompous priests, I can't stand them. Another thing u should remember is that they deal with lots of people that tend to worship them, people that take their word as law so it tends to put em out of touch with reality. Believe me I know, I have many ordained in my family and grew up with many of them. Our problem in Nigeria is that we don't know our right. From ur oratory its obvious that u are very depressed about it so push the stress back their way. Pen a letter with the full information to the Papacy and copy ur Bishop and the parish you attend and follow the latter up with rejoiners. If that doesn't reset their heads, nothing will
Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by drnoel: 5:46am On Jul 09, 2017
Pamelayoung:
A friend of mine was in a similar situation, they wudn't bury her dad, wat her family did was simply converted to Anglican. Your family shld do likewise

Not necessary, u can't expect someone who is catholic all his life to suddenly convert. Anyway, my dad was a Knight, a real worker of the church and builder of the church in Lagos and the east. Still they delayed burying him till we his children pay off outstanding dues and imagine this, promises he made to the parish in the east. Is that not madness, we almost freaked out. I almost stormed that parish. The Nigerian sectors are the problem I.e I mean the clergy and faithful
Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by thestevens: 5:49am On Jul 09, 2017
What your village church is practicing is tradition,cos I don't see how and what you're saying has to do with religion.my both parents are strong catholic and are knight of st John international as well but I can categorically tell you that only one of my brothers attend catholic church right now,it about your faith and your understanding of the word.
Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by Nobody: 6:11am On Jul 09, 2017
You should all know all of you are engaging I cultists Nd not religion of Jesus. Is lam Is the only religion acceptable by God every Muslim worships in each other's mosque no matter the name
Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by Nobody: 6:19am On Jul 09, 2017
Erhun10z:
Lol, Waooo !!! I Am So Proud Of Myself. At Least I Made You Use The Dictionary Today And Because Of Me, You Are Constructing Better Sentences. Waoo!!! Your Concord Is Improving. Isn't God Wonderful ? Look At How The Product Of A Kangaroo Has Helped A Savage From A Human. Bros, You Can See That I'm Better Than You, I Don't Need To Stress Myself Over Piss Off Like You. Just Chill, And May Sense Fall On You.
Let confidence fall on you with force greater than 100G,
Is it low self esteem that made you to proclaim yourself better than me when you ran out of vocabularies....
Just go and beg your village chiefs to release your sense.
Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by Nobody: 6:21am On Jul 09, 2017
ikechizoba:
I came from a staunch Catholic family, my dad is a knight, he has held many positions in various catholic association, right now he is down with partial stroke for the past nine years now.

In 2014, I got married to my Anglican husband with the full support from my parents,but my daddy's only sister, who lives in the village,was strongly against it,she fought our kinsmen when they secretly anchored our first for the fear of being reported to the church, threatening to report to the parish priest, saying that Catholics are not allowed to marry non Catholics in our village,she went ahead and reported l and my parents to the church.

Due to my dads condition, they couldn't go, so i went alone but was shocked at what the priest told me, he made me choose between the two churches, making it clear that if i wed in Anglican, that I have chosen darkness over light.

To cut the long story short, I successfully got married but my aunt made her own family and our kindred not to attend my traditional marriage, it was rather attended by the non Catholics, and also the church made my parents not to attend my white wedding, that if they attend, that they will not bury them when they die. But now, even without attending my white wedding, the church still insists that they will not bury my parents if they die since they allowed me to marry an Anglican, except if they openly apologize to the whole church.

My question is apologize for what? Please am not trying to paint catholic black, I was a devoted catholic even till now, but this?? pls NL, I need the address to the head of catholic church in Nigeria,I need answer to this please question

Hey sister, did you follow the news at all? Even the pope threatened to defrock some Igbo priests when they disobey a direct order from their bishop. The threats your family is facing are from your priests and are in no way serving the Church's agenda. I'm Catholic too, and this are the requirements for marrying non-Catholics:
(1) You declare that you are prepared to remove dangers of defecting from the faith;
(2) you make a sincere promise to do all in your power so that all offspring are baptized and brought up in the Catholic Church;
(3) the other party is to be informed at an appropriate time about the promises which you are to make, in such a way that it is certain that he or she is truly aware of the promise and your obligation; and
(4) both parties are to be instructed about the purposes and essential properties of marriage which neither of the contracting parties is to exclude.

I've met legally married Catholic priests in the US, who were formally married Episcopalian (or Anglican) priests but converted due to internal problems within the Anglican fold. Concerning married Episcopalian clergy becoming Catholic priests, the Holy See specified that this exception to the rule of celibacy is granted in favor of these individual persons, and should not be understood as implying any change in the Church's conviction of the value of priestly celibacy, which will remain the rule for future candidates for the priesthood from this group. This is the outcome of the second Vatican council 'decree on ecumenism'. Surely the church can cut you and your Anglican hubby some slack if they allow married Anglican priest to perform ecclesiastical duties in the Catholic Church.

Feel free to relocate your dad and other members of your family west, folks are more liberal and forward thinking. Personally, I'd stop attending that church.

1 Like

Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by TrumpDonald2: 7:10am On Jul 09, 2017
analice107:

Have you asked why 85% of Nairaland Atheists are Catholics by birth and by up bringing? Find out why they are turning to Satanism, unanswered questions.
And you got your statistics from?
By the way, how many nairalanders do you know personally to make such a conclusion?

And mind you, an atheist cannot practice satanism. It is self contradictory.
Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by TrumpDonald2: 7:14am On Jul 09, 2017
Bjgirl1:
I've edited my post. got nothing against Catholic church because my best friend was a member before she left,she wedded there but married to a redeemed member and when her mom died,Catholic did the burial without no problem, 1st reply was directed to that person saying she's a disgrace to her parents, I wasn't referring to Catholic church as a whole but some of the extremist priests, I still believe that's never Catholic rules and regulations.

Its alright
Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by Missonas(f): 7:45am On Jul 09, 2017
Sanchez01:

Just when I thought I have seen it all. So you mean to imply that a Catholic lady should seek to 'convert' the husband even when he is a Christian? How is your Jesus different from the one in other denominations? The emboldened in your words only goes ahead to confirm my fears, the Catholic Church is a very dangerous cult where dogma reigns supreme.
Its a beautiful thing for couples to worship with thesame believes and practices this may be difficult for u to understand.
You only love what you understand, admire and like. Your assumptions are free to run wild you will curb it as you grow older. Peace!
Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by Erhun10z: 8:32am On Jul 09, 2017
Movingcoil:

Let confidence fall on you with force greater than 100G,
Is it low self esteem that made you to proclaim yourself better than me when you ran out of vocabularies....
Just go and beg your village chiefs to release your sense.
Lol, The Thing Pain You Die... But, Bros Sorry Na, I Nor Know Say E Go Pain You Reach Like Dis Na...Ok, Take This #10 Go Buy Kulikuli Eeenh, Nor Take Am Serious Again..
Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by Sanchez01: 9:00am On Jul 09, 2017
Missonas:

Its a beautiful thing for couples to worship with thesame believes and practices this may be difficult for u to understand.
You only love what you understand, admire and like. Your assumptions are free to run wild you will curb it as you grow older. Peace!
You sure are one to talk. Quite unfortunately, people like you hav proven time and time again that the Catholic church is not only an arena of dogma, but also of idolatry.

If I may ask, what is the basis of your Christianity, the much revered 'Holy Mary' or Christ? Which of them do you folks truly worship? Why would you need to 'convert' a fellow who believes in the teachings and practices of Christ if not for your dogmatic foundation?

At the emboldened, ask yourself, what is the belief of the Catholic Church and how is it in any way different from other Christian folks? The problem with the Catholic church is not only idolatry, the church today is more successful than all other denominations combined when it comes to brainwashing and Bible contradicting practices. What is the purpose of knighting a fellow and how is it in tandem to the Word of God?

I know whatever cogent point I bring to the fore would not reach you, because like many other 'practicing' Catholic members, you are equally brainwashed and carefully formatted.
Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by Nobody: 10:17am On Jul 09, 2017
drnoel:

Pls careful how u portray this issue. When u say the church, it has nothing to do with the church itself cos am sure u mean the parish Priest and probably parish council and not the catholic church itself. This ur situations sounds very familiar with Catholic Priests in the southeast and most esp Nigerian Priest.
Please note that what ever they intend to achieve is not in the catholic doctrines or dogma, its just their way of trying to teach you people a lesson. I am catholic but completely dislike pompous priests, I can't stand them. Another thing u should remember is that they deal with lots of people that tend to worship them, people that take their word as law so it tends to put em out of touch with reality. Believe me I know, I have many ordained in my family and grew up with many of them. Our problem in Nigeria is that we don't know our right. From ur oratory its obvious that u are very depressed about it so push the stress back their way. Pen a letter with the full information to the Papacy and copy ur Bishop and the parish you attend and follow the latter up with rejoiners. If that doesn't reset their heads, nothing will

yes my brother,it is not the church and it's teachings,but it's the people in it.My village people have left the light in the Catholic Church,and embrace laws they made themselves,it has caused alot of quarrels and segregation among the villagers,l can remember saying over and over again, that l will never marry out of the Catholic Church,l was very good when arguing with non Catholics,l saw them as the lost sheep,the unfortunate ones,that was not the teachings of the Catholic Church,but the teachings of SOME of our teachers who taught us from childhood to adulthood,they were extreme with their teachings,l have a lot of them to site but l don't want to prolong this issue. Catholic Church needs to sensitize some of it's teachers esp in rural areas, they are the ones painting the church black

1 Like

Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by Missonas(f): 10:58am On Jul 09, 2017
Sanchez01:

You sure are one to talk. Quite unfortunately, people like you hav proven time and time again that the Catholic church is not only an arena of dogma, but also of idolatry.

If I may ask, what is the basis of your Christianity, the much revered 'Holy Mary' or Christ? Which of them do you folks truly worship? Why would you need to 'convert' a fellow who believes in the teachings and practices of Christ if not for your dogmatic foundation?

At the emboldened, ask yourself, what is the belief of the Catholic Church and how is it in any way different from other Christian folks? The problem with the Catholic church is not only idolatry, the church today is more successful than all other denominations combined when it comes to brainwashing and Bible contradicting practices. What is the purpose of knighting a fellow and how is it in tandem to the Word of God?

I know whatever cogent point I bring to the fore would not reach you, because like many other 'practicing' Catholic members, you are equally brainwashed and carefully formatted.
I got to people like you and i stopped reading...I just stopped
Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by Missonas(f): 11:35am On Jul 09, 2017
ikechizoba:

yes my brother,it is not the church and it's teachings,but it's the people in it.My village people have left the light in the Catholic Church,and embrace laws they made themselves,it has caused alot of quarrels and segregation among the villagers,l can remember saying over and over again, that l will never marry out of the Catholic Church,l was very good when arguing with non Catholics,l saw them as the lost sheep,the unfortunate ones,that was not the teachings of the Catholic Church,but the teachings of SOME of our teachers who taught us from childhood to adulthood,they were extreme with their teachings,l have a lot of them to site but l don't want to prolong this issue. Catholic Church needs to sensitize some of it's teachers esp in rural areas, they are the ones painting the church black
Not only in the rural areas. We are all looking for solutions and answers in this life and we tend to loose it often times. There are too many 'i know more than you' everywhere and they infuse their rules on others. The only most important rule of God I know is to Love!
Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by analice107: 12:06pm On Jul 09, 2017
TrumpDonald2:

And you got your statistics from?
By the way, how many nairalanders do you know personally to make such a conclusion?

And mind you, an atheist cannot practice satanism. It is self contradictory.
So i need to know them personally to know they are atheists?

Sorry for your ignorance. Atheism is satans own religion, since you need telling, know it now.
Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by mecussey(m): 12:53pm On Jul 09, 2017
ikechizoba:

Dont mind the foolish people, but thats not how other catholic priests are.
Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jul 09, 2017
Sanchez01:

You can't expect a catholic to defend his/her religion. They simply can't because deep down, they fear the truth. So my dear, simply let them be. Otherwise you risk losing your patience trying to explain.

The reason they wont hear word is because they are drunk...........the charismatic sounds, nice chapels, well dressed pedophiles called fathers. I said earlier on, even if you where to ask them how much they know about these silly knights they talk of........nothing. Free them, their father Pharoah had a hard heart too so, what do you expect from his followers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jul 09, 2017
ikechizoba:

Fake church #Catholics full of holier than thou shakara! Na you be mumu wey dey send them.

Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by TrumpDonald2: 6:27pm On Jul 09, 2017
analice107:

So i need to know them personally to know they are atheists?

Sorry for your ignorance. Atheism is satans own religion, since you need telling, know it now.

Lol...then, they are truly not atheists. Google Atheism and read more about it.

And for knowing them personally, I'll say yes because a lot of people spew rubbish online just for attention.
Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by TrumpDonald2: 6:31pm On Jul 09, 2017
jagugu88li:
You can't expect a catholic to defend his/her religion. They simply can't because deep down, they fear the truth. So my dear, simply let them be. Otherwise you risk losing your patience trying to explain.

The reason they wont hear word is because they are drunk...........the charismatic sounds, nice chapels, well dressed pedophiles called fathers. I said earlier on, even if you where to ask them how much they know about these silly knights they talk of........nothing. Free them, their father Pharoah had a hard heart too so, what do you expect from his followers

Before you condemn the Catholic church and Catholics, can you kindly tell me the name of your church?
Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by analice107: 7:27pm On Jul 09, 2017
TrumpDonald2:

Lol...then, they are truly not atheists. Google Atheism and read more about it.

And for knowing them personally, I'll say yes because a lot of people spew rubbish online just for attention.
I see
Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by Nwabundo38(f): 7:28pm On Jul 09, 2017
ikechizoba:

Your village is archaic
Am a Catholic and my aunt got married to an Anglican without stress..
Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by Sanchez01: 7:32pm On Jul 09, 2017
jagugu88li:

Honestly, it is nauseating.
Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by Amhappy(f): 12:00am On Jul 10, 2017
@ikechizoba As per your complain about the Knights,it seems you are yet to join meetings in the village. Once you as a member is incapacitated,the only way to keep your membership is to be financially up to date. Is the same even in your present church. My neighbour lost his mum after many years of sickness and their village church demanded for clearance of all her dues,her husband's and all her children before her burial. They begged and begged until they agree for just hers,husband and first child. Only few meetings both church and natives grant dues waiver for sick members in the village. I know your dad value his membership of KSJ so just pay his dues little by little. If its accumulate,it becomes a burden. If he cannot pay,respond to their letter and let them know. I dislike knighthood too,however many people are doing it so it's not a surprise. I know a penticostal church that marks card for tithe paying and there are benefits attached.
Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by DoctorAlien(m): 3:07am On Jul 10, 2017
analice107:

So Christ's teachings are the Catholic teachings? really? DoctorAlien biko come and see this guy talking about Catholic teachings being Christ's teachings. imaoo.

Guy, am in a good mood so i will let you off the hook, if not, i would ve taken you on ride, but what for?

No point. Enjoy your evening.

We can only pray that the veil of deception and ignorance be lifted from their eyes, and that their eyes be opened to the truth contained in the Bible, which is totally and diametrically opposed to the false teachings and practices of the Roman Catholic Church.

2 Likes

Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by analice107: 11:06am On Jul 10, 2017
DoctorAlien:

We can only pray that the veil of deception and ignorance be lifted from their eyes, and that their eyes be opened to the truth contained in the Bible, which is totally and diametrically opposed to the false teachings and practices of the Roman Catholic Church.
We owe them only prayers.
Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by shumax: 11:20am On Jul 10, 2017
Homeboiy:
Me wey de attend catholic na just for show

I was baptized in Anglican n changed to Catholic

I was told that I need to be re baptized in Catholic _I said no

Well...Na only 3times I don go church since this year

They r always preaching about money always
That's a lie, Catholics don't re baptised you are just required to make a profession of faith rejecting the errors and falsehood of Aglicanism and accepting the truth of catholism

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Arrives Uyo (photos) / COVID-19 Kills 200 ECWA Mission Supporters / 114 Babies Delivered As RCCG Convention Ends (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.