Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. (31675 Views)

Ven Ernest Ezumezu, Anglican Priest Dies While Preaching At A Wedding In Anambra / Anambra Governorship Election: Anglican Church Releases Public Announcement / This Female Nigerian Anglican Priest Will Officiate Wedding Of Gay Bisi Alimi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by jonbellion(m): 5:02pm On Jul 08, 2017
flyca:
See the segregation Religion is causing to humanity!!!

Is no longer between Christian and Muslims. Its now Christians an fellow christians!

Sister, how I wish you can understand that Religion is a scam!
undecided
I'm so fucking surprised too bro
Same religion oo
Smh
Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jul 08, 2017
Oyindidi:
Sharrrap, your Church is worst when it comes to segregation. So shut it
Shiri gi mamiri mamiri ga kporuo odu..
So you saw only my church name and didn't see what I wrote about myself right?
I go to church doesn't make me a Christian, it is my innermost conviction that does.
You see church as worshipping God but I don't.
If you ever mention me again, I will get banned for what I will tell you, are you mad?
Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by absolute77: 5:03pm On Jul 08, 2017
Lies, and half truths. The story is absolutely suspect.
Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jul 08, 2017
Sirheny007:
Be wise people and stop peddling false ideas/ rumors about the catholic church.
The catholic church has canon laws that cover this type of situation. It is very possible for a Catholic to marry an Anglican or whatever church..even a muslim. grin
All you need are;
1. A permission for Mixed Marriage
i.e. permission for a Catholic to marry a baptized non-Catholic.
2. A dispensation from Form
i.e. allowing you to marry with the officiant being someone other than a Catholic priest. This form includes a permission from place which states that the wedding is not in a Catholic Church.

In order to get that first permission (Mixed Marriage) you will make two promises. Your future spouse does not make the same promises but needs to witness your promises; namely:

I will remain a Catholic and continue to practice my faith.
I will do all in my power to baptize and raise the children as Catholic.

The Catholic Church is very unique..
It has laws/rules pertaining every situation.
Remain blessed.

Are these laws and promises necessary?? Because i don't think they are.
Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by YelloweWest: 5:05pm On Jul 08, 2017
shocked
What ?? I've never heard anything like this before from the Catholic Church.

This is very strange
Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by Sirheny007(m): 5:06pm On Jul 08, 2017
SnowJay92:

Are these laws and promises necessary?? Because i don't think they are.

Now that's your opinion..and your are entitled to it. smiley
Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by amazon14: 5:07pm On Jul 08, 2017
Sweet heart if your parents are still alive, I will advise you to have serious discussion with them decide to join Anglican church now before its too late. Let the Anglican priest know your ordeal, am very sure they will welcome them with open arms. This is just in case the on avoidable happens.

But one thing I should let you know is that there is no Catholic or Anglican, no Knight or minister in heaven.

2 Likes

Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by NoToPile: 5:09pm On Jul 08, 2017
Not surprised

My friend is having almost similar issue.
Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by saintandsinnerz: 5:09pm On Jul 08, 2017
Joavid:
this is 2017, not 1817.

why do u even need church to bury your parents when they die?

I can't believe this nonsense!

Catholic Igbos take these things too far!
And you must bring Igbo into it just to satisfy your bigotry. God forbid, tribalism has really destroyed a lot of people

4 Likes

Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by ocelot2006(m): 5:10pm On Jul 08, 2017
superior1:
Roman Catholics aren't Christians. Ask your parents to leave idol worshipping and embrace Christ.

You don't need a church denomination to get then buried.

Please do NOT go there. I totally disagree with the action of the lady's Parish as it is quite strange. BUT PLEASE DO NOT INSULT MY CHURCH DENOMINATION.

2 Likes

Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by vexing(m): 5:10pm On Jul 08, 2017
ikechizoba:
I came from a staunch Catholic family, my dad is a knight, he has held many positions in various catholic association, right now he is down with partial stroke for the past nine years now.

In 2014, I got married to my Anglican husband with the full support from my parents,but my daddy's only sister, who lives in the village,was strongly against it,she fought our kinsmen when they secretly anchored our first for the fear of being reported to the church, threatening to report to the parish priest, saying that Catholics are not allowed to marry non Catholics in our village,she went ahead and reported l and my parents to the church.

Due to my dads condition, they couldn't go, so i went alone but was shocked at what the priest told me, he made me choose between the two churches, making it clear that if i wed in Anglican, that I have chosen darkness over light.

To cut the long story short, I successfully got married but my aunt made her own family and our kindred not to attend my traditional marriage, it was rather attended by the non Catholics, and also the church made my parents not to attend my white wedding, that if they attend, that they will not bury them when they die. But now, even without attending my white wedding, the church still insists that they will not bury my parents if they die since they allowed me to marry an Anglican, except if they openly apologize to the whole church.

My question is apologize for what? Please am not trying to paint catholic black, I was a devoted catholic even till now, but this?? pls NL, I need the address to the head of catholic church in Nigeria,I need answer to this please question
Let the priest say what he likes. Your parents can attend another Catholic Church and if they eventually leave this world the priest of the new parish will preside over their funeral. After all you can even bury your parents yourself. Another alternative is for your parents to report to the Bishop and I am sure the Bishop will reprimand the priest. Sometimes we have some over zealous priest that do what they like. I remembered when my brother wanted to baptize his baby, the parish he went refused because the name given to the child is not that of a saint. My brother went to another parish and the child was baptized there. When I started my marriage course, the parish I started with was giving too many conditions, I left and as today my marriage has already been fixed and all the long process removed when I met another priest. So don't bother, there are plenty Catholic parishes around.

1 Like

Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by tonio2wo: 5:11pm On Jul 08, 2017
Thats why I dont belong to any group in the church.
Rubbish!

When I die my family will bury me! After all when one dies (according to d christian faith) its too late for any atonement so whether church bury u or not if ur life when alive was good or bad u still go to heaven or hell s d case may be. undecided
Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by EyeHateGod: 5:13pm On Jul 08, 2017
analice107:

I was born a Catholic. My Dad was also a Knight, he is late now.
You were not a true Catholic...

1 Like

Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by dumodust(m): 5:15pm On Jul 08, 2017
greatcrown:

Why don't you write to the head of Catholic church in Nigeria, why bringing it to Nairaland?
So that you guys can keep such stupid acts hidden abi... i blame the people that swallow such dogma from their fellow men hook line and sinker, we were all brothers and lived together before all this, what changed? Then a human called a priest will be the one to dictate to me... interesting

5 Likes

Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by ocelot2006(m): 5:15pm On Jul 08, 2017
FortuneTeller:
The White man came and told blacks to bow down. They did and never got up. The catholic church is filled with pedophiles and gay men molesting boys. Is God a Catholic? My dear, religion has caused brain rot in all of Nigeria. Leave that place if you ever get a chance.

Every church, irrespective of denomination, is filled with pedophiles, homosexuals, thieves, false prophets, etc. No single church is perfect, not my Catholic church, and DEFINITELY not your own denomination. So stop passing judgement.

2 Likes

Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jul 08, 2017
EyeHateGod:

You were not a true Catholic...

And who are you to conclude that ?

1 Like

Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by Afamed: 5:17pm On Jul 08, 2017
jaggabban:
I love Islam and my fellow Muslims. Non of us has commented badly on this topic, unlike them. Allahu Akbar!
That's what my Quran teaches me my brother. " To them with their Religion and to me with my Religion" Who I am to criticize others? Ma Sallam.

1 Like

Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by elda2303(m): 5:17pm On Jul 08, 2017
Thanks for this reply you have said it as it is. Are we really practicing xtianity or religious dogma; little wonder the body of Christ is in disarray.

analice107:

I was born a Catholic. My Dad was also a Knight, he is late now.

As i was growing, i became very inquisitive, asking questions. My questions actually stems from the kind of dreams i was having. I was having dreams of rapture continuously. In Catholic Church, we were taught Pogatory, not Rapture, this kept me curious.
I needed answers, there was no one to talk to, so i started seeking. Just like the Bible said 'He that seeks shall find', I found answers out of Catholic Church, so i left.
Am a Pentecostal now.

But, some years back, a Catholic man came to marry me, here were his conditions.

1. Return to Catholic Church.

2. Go back to your parish, meet your parish priest. explain yourself and apologize.

3. Your Dad will pay up all the dues which have accrued to you from when you left.

4. Then i will marry you in my Church, he said. (Catholic)

With the knowledge of the Bible i now have, i told him no. I saw him[b] as a religious man, not a Christian. In all he said, i didn't see any iota of Christianity in him

Religion is plunging us back into what Christ saved us from. HATE, SELF, MALICE, SEGREGATION, AND HAUGHTINESS. All these are satanic traits.

You see, in [/b]this life, we came alone and we shall go back alone. Don't let Dogma put in place by men, keep you down.

Love is Christ's only message on earth.

Love is the opposite of Pride. Pride is selective, Love is not.

Ask yourself this my dearest, what Law as far as Christ's teachings are concerned, have you defaulted? and what law did your parents who for all their lives have been good Catholics living according her dogmas done to be shunned?

Wait, does Christ shun anyone? If Christ shuns anyone, which of us will even be alive today?

My dearest, let this hang over your head, If you are a Christian, then find out what Christ says about anything before you do them, and if you are right, pls do it irrespective of what people will say, because ultimately, it is Christ who died for you, you owe, not anyman.

Your parents will die, the Anglican Church can bury your Dad. be concern about his soul when he dies, not his carcass which shall remain in the dust.

Shalom.

Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jul 08, 2017
That's the problems I have with catholics, they like acting self righteous, imagine a priest calling another denomination darkness.
Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by amazon14: 5:17pm On Jul 08, 2017
absolute77:

No, it is not. It always happens with some Catholic parish. I don't know why but I thought that Catholic tradition have died long ago
Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by Ishilove: 5:18pm On Jul 08, 2017
Sirheny007:
Be wise people and stop peddling false ideas/ rumors about the catholic church.
The catholic church has canon laws that cover this type of situation. It is very possible for a Catholic to marry an Anglican or whatever church..even a muslim. grin
All you need are;
1. A permission for Mixed Marriage
i.e. permission for a Catholic to marry a baptized non-Catholic.
2. A dispensation from Form
i.e. allowing you to marry with the officiant being someone other than a Catholic priest. This form includes a permission from place which states that the wedding is not in a Catholic Church.

In order to get that first permission (Mixed Marriage) you will make two promises. Your future spouse does not make the same promises but needs to witness your promises; namely:

I will remain a Catholic and continue to practice my faith.
I will do all in my power to baptize and raise the children as Catholic.

The Catholic Church is very unique..
It has laws/rules pertaining every situation.
Remain blessed.

*permission* So I need permission from my church to marry a Christian? Smh

5 Likes

Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jul 08, 2017
vexing:

Let the priest say what he likes. Your parents can attend another Catholic Church and if they eventually leave this world the priest of the new parish will preside over their funeral. After all you can even bury your parents yourself. Another alternative is for your parents to report to the Bishop and I am sure the Bishop will reprimand the priest. Sometimes we have some over zealous priest that do what they like. I remembered when my brother wanted to baptize his baby, the parish he went refused because the name given to the child is not that of a saint. My brother went to another parish and the child was baptized there. When I started my marriage course, the parish I started with was giving too many conditions, I left and as today my marriage has already been fixed and all the long process removed when I met another priest. So don't bother, there are plenty Catholic parishes around.

You are very right,but in my village,the 3catholic church here,do the same thing,l am not bothered any more..we are ready for them,l will try and sensitize some of my village youths especially the girls,it's affecting us,you need to see the large number of old single ladies who attends our yearly Catholic youth meeting,they are still waiting for Catholic husband

6 Likes

Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by sekem: 5:21pm On Jul 08, 2017
The opiate of the masses

People killing and dividing among themselves over White man's religion

Ndi nzuzu

1 Like

Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by Erhun10z: 5:24pm On Jul 08, 2017
Movingcoil:
Who get tissue ?
That is why anything outside the Bible is something I will never believe in even at gun point or knife point or even if my destiny is denied cos of it. I live for Christ alone and only his teachings will I follow even if am offered the whole world to add or remove from the principles of Christ , I'd rather die than flaunt Jesus' principles and teachings...
Meanwhile...
All these church people Na mumu period...
Am Assemblies of God and anyi na-agba war now....
Is It The Assemblies Of God With Two G.O And Several Court Cases ? My Brother, You And The Rest Church People, Who Come Mumu Pass ? May Common Sense Fall On You.

2 Likes

Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by ziga: 5:26pm On Jul 08, 2017
If so called "christians" can be so divided, what kind of example are we setting.

Hate has nothing to do with religion.

If you are hateful, you will always find a reason to hate, no matter how trivial it might be.
Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jul 08, 2017
Erhun10z:
Is It The Assemblies Of God With Two G.O And Several Court Cases ? My Brother, You And The Rest Church People, Who Come Mumu Pass ? May Common Sense Fall On You.
Maybe the imbecility that is irredeemable in your family DNA never allowed you to comprehend where I wrote that "anyi Na agba war" and that my church is not what I believe in.
I don't blame you cos if the old hag who it's sperm you germinated from were used to plant mango and cashew as manure, Nigeria may be exporting those fruits and getting more revenue apart from oil and ridding this planet a toxic and corrosive substance like you.
Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by EyeHateGod: 5:28pm On Jul 08, 2017
ollah1:

And who are you to conclude that ?
Her friend

1 Like

Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jul 08, 2017
SnowJay92:

This post was made since last year, dunno why it's just making FP but really, to say that I'm shocked is a big understatement. I don't even know what to say or suggest, to think that Christendom is still this divided, chosen darkness over light, for real?? You should have given clues as to where this happened, the parish and diocese. I'm still angry!

my dear, you needed to see my facial expression when he said that,he got angry and said that l was gloating at him,that l just came to waste his time when l have already made up my mind.For your information,l was reported o,by my very own fetish kindreds, seriously we need to scrub and wash out our backwardness,they have subjected our youth, especially those living in the village,to darkness and hatred,love is long dead in my town

2 Likes

Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by Sirheny007(m): 5:30pm On Jul 08, 2017
Ishilove:

*permission* So I need permission from my church to marry a Christian? Smh

Of course! to make the whole thing look legal.. cheesy
unless you want o be the only guest at your own wedding grin

On a more serious note, religion should be a personal thing..
Religion has done more harm than good.
God wanted a fellowship but we gave him religion.
Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by Niceiroko: 5:32pm On Jul 08, 2017
flyca:
See the segregation Religion is causing to humanity!!!

Is no longer between Christian and Muslims. Its now Christians an fellow christians!

Sister, how I wish you can understand that Religion is a scam!
undecided
Christ he has come to bring confusion ,father will disagree with son,understand the times
Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jul 08, 2017
absolute77:

This is nothing but the truth,it happened to me not someone else,l wish l could give you an address but l don't want to prolong this problem

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

19 Year-old Coco Gauff Goes Down On Her Knees In Prayer After US Open Win(Photo) / Pastor Tunde Bakare And His Wife, Olayide (Photos) / COVID-19 Kills 200 ECWA Mission Supporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.