Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,138 members, 7,811,200 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:25 AM

Hiding Php Source Code! Any Ideas? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Hiding Php Source Code! Any Ideas? (3417 Views)

Here Is How To Get The Source Code From Any APK File / Php Source Code For Calling Calling Individual Student Online Results / Funny Source Code Comments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hiding Php Source Code! Any Ideas? by davidt(m): 11:38am On Jun 28, 2009
I have been developing PHP applications for quite some time. I have always wondered if there was any easy way of hiding your PHP source code such that anyone who has access to the server on which the application is hosted on, would not be able to see the raw PHP code.

Furthermore, I am looking for ideas on how to prevent a PHP application from being used on more than one host computer i.e. locking the PHP application to a specific computer.

I came across someone who wants me to build a particular PHP application but wants to have access to the source code so that he would be able to edit the source code if he finds any problem, or so he claims. The issue here now is how to deploy the application is such a way that the server admin is able to edit the source code if he wants but is not able to 'steal' the application and use it on another computer, and this may mean obscuring the source code or some other form of security, does anyone have any ideas on how to do this, on how to allow a person edit source code if he wants but not 'steal' the application and use it on another computer. I am trying to do some research on this and would post any ideas I find here. I would appreciate all the help I can get from nairaland software developers.
Re: Hiding Php Source Code! Any Ideas? by Z1mbabwean: 8:35pm On Jun 28, 2009
You are looking for a miracle. The best way for a script to run on a particular pc only is you use activeX or Java script to get the MAC address. Otherwise get the user's ip, then write something like

<? $ip = getenv("REMOTE_ADDR"wink ; getenv("REMOTE_ADDR"wink;

// 23.12.34.45. being the users ip

if ($ip ! = 23.12.34.45.)
{
header("not_authorised.php"wink;
}
else
{
header("authorized.php"wink;
}
?>
Re: Hiding Php Source Code! Any Ideas? by lojik(m): 4:19pm On Jun 29, 2009
It is very possible at a price through customized encryption of just a function, class, page or just 1 line of code that's important to the whole process but if you want free, then you can put an important function in a file thats called using include. make the function run something like Z1mbabwean's code and then encrypt the file with my PHPLocker available free at my website at www.afrisot.org. If you need more security, i can modify PHPLocker for you at a small price.
Re: Hiding Php Source Code! Any Ideas? by wizziweb: 4:11pm On Jun 30, 2009
Think what you need is an ioncube software .It encrypts your php code and also adds restiction to the domain on which the codes can run.this way you can license your applications to specific domains.
You could get one from www.ioncube.com
Re: Hiding Php Source Code! Any Ideas? by davidt(m): 9:19am On Jul 02, 2009
@Z1mbabwean
Thanks for your suggestion. Getting the user's IP and/or MAC address and restricting the application to this info would do a good job of limiting the application to one computer. It's just that IP addresses and MAC ADDRESSES CAN BE CHANGED. The success of this endeavour would greatly depend on preventing the user from knowing that MAC addresses and/or IP addresses are the limiting factor. Thanks again,

@lojik
I like your idea and I'm impressed with your work, I visited your site and I like what you've done. Please keep it up. I like knowing hardworking people like you exist in this dreary country. I would like to stay in touch with you and probably share a few ideas.

@wizziweb
Thanks

More suggestions are definitely welcome. Thanks everyone.
Re: Hiding Php Source Code! Any Ideas? by lojik(m): 12:07pm On Jul 02, 2009
davidt:

@lojik
I like your idea and I'm impressed with your work, I visited your site and I like what you've done. Please keep it up. I like knowing hardworking people like you exist in this dreary country. I would like to stay in touch with you and probably share a few ideas.

Thanks a million man. u just doubled my velocity in the right direction. *blushing*
Re: Hiding Php Source Code! Any Ideas? by scartag(m): 11:15pm On Jul 07, 2009
@davidt , you should take a look at http://www.zend.com/en/products/guard/

It has everything you need , i've actually used it a few times , the draw back is that it requires the php version on the server to have Zend Optimizer (PHP 4 or later have it)

complete encryption
ip / server locking
licensing / trial limits

Just check it out , you'll see.
Re: Hiding Php Source Code! Any Ideas? by davidt(m): 11:08am On Jul 08, 2009
Thanks scartag.

I have already checked it out. The fact that it requires the server to have Zend Optimizer is a phenomenal drawback in my case. Nevertheless, it's a really wonderful tool.

Thanks a lot for your contribution, man!

(1) (Reply)

File Copy Monitoring Using Vb.net - Pls Help / Please Is There A Place In Benin City Where Programmers Meet Everyday? / Need For More Programmers In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.