Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,523 members, 7,819,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

Introverts Are Depressed, Prove Me Wrong!! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Introverts Are Depressed, Prove Me Wrong!! (1333 Views)

Having Dry Throat And Sharp Pains. Feeling Depressed / Is It Possible To Be Depressed And Not Know It / Nigerian Scientists Prove Efficacy Of Nano-medicine In HIV/AIDS Cure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Introverts Are Depressed, Prove Me Wrong!! by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jan 28, 2016
I know some introverts who keep claiming they ain't depressed but want to spend most of their time alone, really?.
Depressed people wants to be alone, introverts wants to be alone.
Depressed people are drained in public gatherings, introverts are drained in public gathering. Depressed people don't like coming out, introverts also don't like coming out too.
Depressed people keep their emotions to themselves, introverts also keep their emotions to themselves. Etc.
In my own perspective, introverts are depressed, depressed people are introverts. The two are d same and shouldn't be separated. Pls feel free to prove me wrong if u don't agree.
Cc
Lalasticlala
Obinoscopy
Richiez
Farano
Re: Introverts Are Depressed, Prove Me Wrong!! by donTbone(m): 3:20pm On Jan 28, 2016
To some extent, i'd say yes...
But NO!

Introverts just speaks at the right time!
Re: Introverts Are Depressed, Prove Me Wrong!! by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jan 28, 2016
donTbone:
To some extent, i'd say yes...
But NO!

Introverts just speaks at the right time!
you kinda right bro. But 98% introverts are depressed And maybe anxious at d same time.
Re: Introverts Are Depressed, Prove Me Wrong!! by donTbone(m): 3:27pm On Jan 28, 2016
Durentt:
you kinda right bro. But 98% introverts are depressed And maybe anxious at d same time.
Maybe... Maybe not!
Just being positive about their personality.

Am not an introvert...and ion really like dealing much with them!
Re: Introverts Are Depressed, Prove Me Wrong!! by Tolupage(m): 3:40pm On Jan 28, 2016
Rubbish...

introvert ain't depressed, been an introvert is more or less a natural way of life mostly in the gene not as the result of external factors such as economic hardship, problem in relationships among others.
some of these things could make anybody depressed introvert or extrovert.

introverts are logical thinkers but a depressed mind can hardly think straight.

An introvert enjoys his/her own company but a depressed person is forced to be alone as a result of circumstances beyond his/her control

A depressed person and an introvert may share similarities but they are NOT the same.

4 Likes

Re: Introverts Are Depressed, Prove Me Wrong!! by tubouncen(m): 3:49pm On Jan 28, 2016
U mean NL introvert?.... What of LadyF... Cos they are always fighting for FTC
Re: Introverts Are Depressed, Prove Me Wrong!! by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jan 28, 2016
Tolupage:
Rubbish...

introvert ain't depressed, been an introvert is more or less a natural way of life mostly in the gene not as the result of external factors such as economic hardship, problem in relationships among others.

An introvert enjoys his/her own company but a depressed person is forced to be alone as a result of circumstances beyond his/her control

A depressed person and an introvert may share similarities but they are NOT the same.
thx for d input
Re: Introverts Are Depressed, Prove Me Wrong!! by INTROVERT(f): 4:43pm On Jan 28, 2016
tubouncen:
U mean NL introvert?.... What of LadyF... Cos they are always fighting for FTC

white washed sepulchre....
Re: Introverts Are Depressed, Prove Me Wrong!! by tubouncen(m): 5:04pm On Jan 28, 2016
INTROVERT:

white washed sepulchre....

Are u just waking up?
Re: Introverts Are Depressed, Prove Me Wrong!! by Tolupage(m): 11:11am On Jan 29, 2016
Durentt:
thx for d input
You're welcome bro.
Re: Introverts Are Depressed, Prove Me Wrong!! by drss(m): 7:39pm On Feb 05, 2016
Tolupage:
Rubbish...

hmm true talk.
Re: Introverts Are Depressed, Prove Me Wrong!! by drss(m): 7:41pm On Feb 05, 2016
Cc: lalasticlala dis thread go better for htqrs.
Re: Introverts Are Depressed, Prove Me Wrong!! by chriskosherbal(m): 1:18am On Feb 06, 2016
Not really all
Re: Introverts Are Depressed, Prove Me Wrong!! by Nobody: 7:40am On Feb 06, 2016
To an extent they exhibit similar superficial traits as you've listed. The major difference,i feel is in what led to these traits.As someone has rightly said,one is due to genetics the other is as a result of external factors. Introversion is the quality of focusing on one's self while depression is a state of low morale and unhappiness. An introvert is not unhappy.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Are Depressed, Prove Me Wrong!! by damesilver(m): 6:40pm On Feb 07, 2016
Who will save the introverts of all these daily torrents of bashing, bombarding us left, right and center; and more appallingly from the supposedly educated who lay claim to knowledge.

Somebody who is depressed will have bouts of it, but more of lively moments and yearning for association, if he is not an introvert.
Introverts are pleasantly looking forwarding to having time alone, living in their minds and enjoying the wonders of the internal world.

People should endeavour to maintain silence, or where necessary, and not for vainglorious seeking, find out more about what they do not fully understand, rather than remorselessly betray themselves as unlettered critics lacking in creative thinking and depth of character with proudly puff-up hypothetical postulations of misleading proportions.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Are Depressed, Prove Me Wrong!! by Nobody: 8:07pm On Feb 07, 2016
damesilver:
Who will save the introverts of all these daily torrents of bashing, bombarding us left, right and center; and more appallingly from the supposedly educated who lay claim to knowledge.

Somebody who is depressed will have bouts of it, but more of lively moments and yearning for association, if he is not an introvert.
Introverts are pleasantly looking forwarding to having time alone, living in their minds and enjoying the wonders of the internal world.

People should endeavour to maintain silence, or where necessary, and not for vainglorious seeking, find out more about what they do not fully understand, rather than remorselessly betray themselves as unlettered critics lacking in creative thinking and depth of character with proudly puff-up hypothetical postulations of misleading proportions.
pls summarize undecided
Re: Introverts Are Depressed, Prove Me Wrong!! by calculator123(m): 8:43pm On Feb 07, 2016
i am an introvert and am not always depressed,i love my fantacies and hate public gathering.so don't generalize@durrent
Re: Introverts Are Depressed, Prove Me Wrong!! by Nobody: 8:33am On Feb 08, 2016
calculator123:
i am an introvert and am not always depressed,i love my fantacies and hate public gathering.so don't generalize@durrent
ok, sorry for d generalisation. So bro, u picked math or mech eng?
Re: Introverts Are Depressed, Prove Me Wrong!! by calculator123(m): 9:12am On Feb 10, 2016
Durentt:
ok, sorry for d generalisation. So bro, u picked math or mech eng?
i stick with maths mech eng has lost it lucrativity.
Re: Introverts Are Depressed, Prove Me Wrong!! by Nobody: 9:53am On Feb 22, 2016
I don't want to go into this medically but being Introverted and being Depressed are in no way the same thing.

Being an Introvert is your natural personality while being Depressed is an illness.
Introverts especially Melancholics are most prone to depression but that is not a defining line.
And to say that most introverts are depressed is plain wrong and illogical.
Depression is one of the worst things to happen to us.

If you are really curious, Google. smiley
Re: Introverts Are Depressed, Prove Me Wrong!! by Nobody: 2:06pm On Mar 04, 2016
Ellimist:
I don't want to go into this medically but being Introverted and being Depressed are in no way the same thing.

Being an Introvert is your natural personality while being Depressed is an illness.
Introverts especially Melancholics are most prone to depression but that is not a defining line.
And to say that most introverts are depressed is plain wrong and illogical.
Depression is one of the worst things to happen to us.

If you are really curious, Google. smiley
thanks

1 Like

Re: Introverts Are Depressed, Prove Me Wrong!! by phibetakappa: 2:19pm On Mar 04, 2016
Introverts are just what they are. It has been wired into their genes. Depression can happen to both Introverts and extroverts. Depression is a temporary condition, people can't be depressed all their lives.
Re: Introverts Are Depressed, Prove Me Wrong!! by Nobody: 2:32pm On Mar 04, 2016
phibetakappa:
Introverts are just what they are. It has been wired into their genes. Depression can happen to both Introverts and extroverts. Depression is a temporary condition, people can't be depressed all their lives.
well said but some people can be depressed all their live.
Re: Introverts Are Depressed, Prove Me Wrong!! by phibetakappa: 10:35pm On Mar 04, 2016
durentdbiitch:
well said but some people can be depressed all their live.
Are you sure?

(1) (Reply)

Cure Erectile Dysfunction And Small Manhood Now,before Losing Your WIFE To ... / Solution To Fibroid Pain Without Surgery / Uses Of Miso-fem Pills, Dosage And For Incomplete Abortion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.