Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,056 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

We Have Accepted The Supreme Court Verdict - Dakuku Peterside, APC Rivers - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Have Accepted The Supreme Court Verdict - Dakuku Peterside, APC Rivers (36979 Views)

Wike Says He Is Niger Delta President, Calls Buhari Fellow President- APC Rivers / Rivers Rerun: PDP Releases Photos, Alleges FG Doles Out Billions To APC Rivers / Peterside & APC Rivers Hold Thanksgiving Service Over Supreme Court's Judgement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Have Accepted The Supreme Court Verdict - Dakuku Peterside, APC Rivers by amacastel: 10:42am On Jan 29, 2016
As if he have choice
Re: We Have Accepted The Supreme Court Verdict - Dakuku Peterside, APC Rivers by oganology33(m): 11:52am On Jan 29, 2016
ddippset:
that's a lie. The supreme court clearly stated that it was affirming the decision of the justice of the appeal court to shift sitting to Abuja because of the violence recorded at that time. Don't even attempt to twist facts here. Secondly no one is talking about which party did what or didn't do what! Fact is, there was violence and a credible election wouldn't happen in an atmosphere of violence. Very simple logic.

Was there Violence in all polling units in the state?
Do u realise dat in some wards/units whr dia was violence elections was shifted 2 Sunday
Lastly, If we are 2 go by ur proposition, then elections will b cancelled in the entire nation. Pls mention one state dat was devoid of violence in the last general election
Re: We Have Accepted The Supreme Court Verdict - Dakuku Peterside, APC Rivers by Mhudi: 12:39pm On Jan 29, 2016
For me, the supreme court judgement is a supreme disappointment and a bad precedence to Nigeria's electoral journey. If the elections were free and fair and devoid of intimidation, violence, rigging, manupulation, His excellency, Governor Nyesome Wike would have won. And even, if another election is conducted, I believe, Wike will still win, and I prefered if the Supreme court had nullified his victory, so that a fresh election is conducted and he wins convicingly and undoubtedly. As it is, a wrong precedence has been set and the Supreme court has entrapped itself by that judgment.

The implication of the judgement is that, once an election is conducted, concluded, and a winner declared, the result will stand no matter the violence and rigging that characterised the election. So, for Nigeria and Rivers' people, prepare for the worst of elections in the future since the Supreme court will always uphold a declared winner no matter the nature of his victory.
Re: We Have Accepted The Supreme Court Verdict - Dakuku Peterside, APC Rivers by wilcox(m): 7:13am On Jan 30, 2016
Every judgement was a hit BACK TO BACK, DAKUKU ADOLPHOUS PETERSIDE, if you want the sit come and have it.
Re: We Have Accepted The Supreme Court Verdict - Dakuku Peterside, APC Rivers by wilcox(m): 7:20am On Jan 30, 2016
Mhudi:
For me, the supreme court judgement is a supreme disappointment and a bad precedence to Nigeria's electoral journey. If the elections were free and fair and devoid of intimidation, violence, rigging, manupulation, His excellency, Governor Nyesome Wike would have won. And even, if another election is conducted, I believe, Wike will still win, and I prefered if the Supreme court had nullified his victory, so that a fresh election is conducted and he wins convicingly and undoubtedly. As it is, a wrong precedence has been set and the Supreme court has entrapped itself by that judgment.

The implication of the judgement is that, once an election is conducted, concluded, and a winner declared, the result will stand no matter the violence and rigging that characterised the election. So, for Nigeria and Rivers' people, prepare for the worst of elections in the future since the Supreme court will always uphold a declared winner no matter the nature of his victory.
I quite agree with you to an extend, but on the contrary nobody won election by employing violence rather the opposition cooked up that lie and made it so big that it almost became truth. But at the end this victory has revealed the exact happening during the election. Rivers state will experience more peaceful elections in years to come.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I’m Ill But Not Dead, Bedridden – Babangida / Hyundai To Build Refinery In Owaza, Abia State (Photos) / OSUN APC Governorship Primary Election Update (Gboyega Isiaka Leading)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.