Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,513 members, 7,865,155 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 01:07 PM

Saraki Replies Obasanjo: We Are Committed To Good Governance - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Replies Obasanjo: We Are Committed To Good Governance (825 Views)

Saraki Formally Replies Obasanjo, Promises To Cut Waste, Fight Corruption / Saraki Replies Sun Newspapers Over Allegations / Saraki Replies APC Leadership On NASS Crisis, Says "My Hands Are Tied" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Saraki Replies Obasanjo: We Are Committed To Good Governance by ozoigbondu: 4:04pm On Jan 28, 2016
Senate President Bukola Saraki has acknowledged and replied a letter addressed to him by former president Olusegun Obasanjo.
In his letter, Obasanjo had accused members of the National Assembly of corruption and extravagant wastage of the nation’s resources despite the harsh economic reality confronting the nation. He had specifically alleged that the federal legislators allocated to themselves, salaries and allowances above the template approved by the Revenue Mobilisation, Allocation and Fiscal Commission for National Assembly members.
Responding on his twitter handle (@bukolasaraki), Saraki thanked the former president for his active role in reminding those at the helms of affairs of their responsibilities.
He assured the former president that the leadership and membership of the 8th Senate are committed to good governance, transparency, accountability, due process and responsiveness to the economic reality of our nation.
“It is for this reason that the legislative chamber has introduced bold and progressive reforms in the management of the finances of the National Assembly,” he said.
“This is of even greater importance during a tough fiscal period for our country. Like i said during my closing address at the plenary after our debate on the 2016 Budget, the Senate must lead by example in terms of our own funding, budgets and accountability – showing, beyond doubt, value for money.
“I have canvassed that we must lay bare the budget of the Senate, nay the National Assembly and its affiliated institutions.”
Saraki further wrote that he canvassed the need to strengthen the capacity of the legislative institution to carry our effective oversight of the executive arm so that the lawmakers can ensure the budget leads to the realization of the policy objectives of the Buhari Administration.
“Again, let me reiterate my position in the speech i made this morning on the need for us to work towards blocking all areas of revenue leakages while also strengthening the anti-corruption agencies so that the little resources that are now available will serve the interest of the overwhelming majority,” he added.
“As a former President and a father of the nation that we all hold in high esteem, i intend to reply the letter and outline the actions the Senate is taking to address his concerns.”
www.punchng.com/saraki-replies-obasanjo-we-are-committed-to-good-governance/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Saraki Replies Obasanjo: We Are Committed To Good Governance by royallord1(m): 4:06pm On Jan 28, 2016
hmm...... wat is obj's angle to dis latest act.. is he seeking relevancy in dis government... or he tinks we had forgotten about halliburton...
Re: Saraki Replies Obasanjo: We Are Committed To Good Governance by Toosure70: 4:09pm On Jan 28, 2016
S A R A K I ! ! ! Be careful with baba o.
Re: Saraki Replies Obasanjo: We Are Committed To Good Governance by phemmie06(m): 4:11pm On Jan 28, 2016
The fear of OBJ the beginning of staying longer in office.
Re: Saraki Replies Obasanjo: We Are Committed To Good Governance by mars123(m): 4:13pm On Jan 28, 2016
it's not by talking alone, you must prove your commitment by firstly; deliberate upon and pass into law the money laundering bill brought to you by the executive. otherwise, expect more letters loaded with I.e.d.
Re: Saraki Replies Obasanjo: We Are Committed To Good Governance by Pheals(f): 4:16pm On Jan 28, 2016
:-Xpot calling kettle black....everyone cheating this country are cheaters
Re: Saraki Replies Obasanjo: We Are Committed To Good Governance by Pheals(f): 4:17pm On Jan 28, 2016
phemmie06:
The fear of OBJ the beginning of staying longer in office.
bro u are absolutely right ;DD know one as ever competed with ebora of owu here
Re: Saraki Replies Obasanjo: We Are Committed To Good Governance by chriskosherbal(m): 4:22pm On Jan 28, 2016
Saraki will hope 8th national assembly will keep to the promise of good governance.
Re: Saraki Replies Obasanjo: We Are Committed To Good Governance by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jan 28, 2016
Hmmn
Re: Saraki Replies Obasanjo: We Are Committed To Good Governance by iokpebholo: 4:22pm On Jan 28, 2016
Obasanjo!!d greatest hypocrite wey naija don ever get.my question is how much was his worth in 1999 and hw much is he worth now?if he can answer this then I wil start taking him serious.
Re: Saraki Replies Obasanjo: We Are Committed To Good Governance by Flexherbal(m): 4:23pm On Jan 28, 2016
Saraki show us the result of your commitment
Re: Saraki Replies Obasanjo: We Are Committed To Good Governance by johnmartus(m): 5:03pm On Jan 28, 2016
chriskosherbal:
Saraki will hope 8th national assembly will keep to the promise of good governance.
undecided
chriskosherbal:
same saraki i knew? please withdraw your statement
Re: Saraki Replies Obasanjo: We Are Committed To Good Governance by Mynd44: 5:09pm On Jan 28, 2016

(1)

Nigerian Troops Intensify Operations Against Boko Haram (photos) / Ben Murray-bruce Storms Ondo State, Meets Gov Mimiko (photos) / DSS Under Buhari Now Tool For Highest Bidder - APGA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.