Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,258 members, 7,853,287 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 01:44 PM

MTN Defrauds Me. My Experience - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Defrauds Me. My Experience (941 Views)

Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience / SUBSCRIBERS BEWARE: How MTN Defrauds Nigerians Of Millions Of Naira Daily / SUBSCRIBERS BEWARE: How MTN Defrauds Nigerians Of Millions Of Naira Daily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Defrauds Me. My Experience by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jan 28, 2016
This is my experience with MTN today.
Yesterday, I needed to break down a N1000 note so that I would have smaller notes with me, so I bought a N100 credit and loaded it on my MTN line. Today, I decided to make a call but to my surprise, I was told I had insufficient credit to make a call. I checked my balance immediately, it was then I discovered my credit has been wiped off. I called the customer care immediately and the rude lady who picked said the money was deducted because I subscribed for a package by dialing a code sometimes in 2014 which I never did. So, I asked her, how come this money has not always being deducted from my account but now? I asked her to check well and resolve it but she said "there is nothing to resolve." I told her I have never subscribed for any package not even caller tunes that my money was deducted illegally and if she insists on not resolving it I may have to report it officially to NCC and to surprise, she said in a harsh tune "go ahead and report."
I have been loading my line and I have never experienced such deduction, why now when MTN has a fine to pay NCC? MTN is fraudulent and I can't allow them to take my money unjustly. Pls who knows how I can report this to NCC?
Re: MTN Defrauds Me. My Experience by Cutehector(m): 6:07pm On Jan 28, 2016
So u wan report 100 naira to mtn wen ncc dey beg mtn for billions. Mchew.

1 Like

Re: MTN Defrauds Me. My Experience by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jan 28, 2016
Cutehector:
So u wan report 100 naira to mtn wen ncc dey beg mtn for billions. Mchew.
It is not about the amount but the way the money was taken and the rudeness of their customer service staff

1 Like

Re: MTN Defrauds Me. My Experience by mosjames: 7:39pm On Jan 28, 2016
Was watching some latest music videos with my boom player few days ago, instead of them to deduct from my data, they just wipe my 300 naira airtime, I couldn't cry :-/
Re: MTN Defrauds Me. My Experience by Cutehector(m): 8:23pm On Jan 28, 2016
koastar:

It is not about the amount but the way the money was taken and the rudeness of their customer service staff
OK, pls whenever you call any MTN staff, do well to ask of their names k. So that if anyone speaks rudely to you, it will be easy to call them to order.
Re: MTN Defrauds Me. My Experience by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jan 28, 2016
Cutehector:
OK, pls whenever you call any MTN staff, do well to ask of their names k. So that if anyone speaks rudely to you, it will be easy to call them to order.

I guess you are an MTN staff
Re: MTN Defrauds Me. My Experience by JideSM: 9:18pm On Jan 28, 2016
koastar:
This is my experience with MTN today.
Yesterday, I needed to break down a N1000 note so that I would have smaller notes with me, so I bought a N100 credit and loaded it on my MTN line. Today, I decided to make a call but to my surprise, I was told I had insufficient credit to make a call. I checked my balance immediately, it was then I discovered my credit has been wiped off. I called the customer care immediately and the rude lady who picked said the money was deducted because I subscribed for a package by dialing a code sometimes in 2014 which I never did. So, I asked her, how come this money has not always being deducted from my account but now? I asked her to check well and resolve it but she said "there is nothing to resolve." I told her I have never subscribed for any package not even caller tunes that my money was deducted illegally and if she insists on not resolving it I may have to report it officially to NCC and to surprise, she said in a harsh tune "go ahead and report."
I have been loading my line and I have never experienced such deduction, why now when MTN has a fine to pay NCC? MTN is fraudulent and I can't allow them to take my money unjustly. Pls who knows how I can report this to NCC?

Y'ello Koastar, I am sincerely sorry about this experience.

Please PM the affected phone number for checks.

I await to read from you.

For quicker resolution of this type of complaint on Nairaland, see our thread https://www.nairaland.com/1379574/mtn-customer-care-thread.

Thank you.
Re: MTN Defrauds Me. My Experience by Cutehector(m): 11:07pm On Jan 28, 2016
koastar:

I guess you are an MTN staff
I never mentioned that.
Re: MTN Defrauds Me. My Experience by DeathStroke007(m): 6:54am On Jan 29, 2016
d day Mtn screws with me, that's the day buhari will send em packing... foolish network
Re: MTN Defrauds Me. My Experience by Marvel1206: 9:02am On Jan 29, 2016
Lol. Op, Nobi only you suffer o, them dey chop my money too and it's so annoying no matter the amount.. Can you imagine a situation whereby I called mtn to tell them that I wanna transfer credit to my sim that they should help me check if there's any service that's going to deduct money on my sim so that they can help me cancel it and they did.. 30mins after transferring the card my money was deducted, I almost curse them that day. It happened this January o
Re: MTN Defrauds Me. My Experience by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jan 29, 2016
I called back the customer service and another lady picked it but this one has manners. After explaining to her, she checked everything on her system at the other side but the reasons she gave me were inconsistent with one another. At long run, after she realised I did not buy any of her explanations and I insisted they refunded my money, she eventually refunded it. cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Htc One M7 / What Is The Best Use Of A Phone You`ve Ever Seen? / 4 Steps To A Successful Black Friday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.