Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,791 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

Dino Melaye Blasts Obasanjo, Says He Exposed National Assembly To Corruption - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dino Melaye Blasts Obasanjo, Says He Exposed National Assembly To Corruption (1340 Views)

Dino Melaye Blasts Bello, Says He Paid Coordinators Money To Forge INEC Signatur / Dino Melaye Blasts Sahara Reporters: Your Lies Are Vitamins To Me (pics) / Made-In-Nigeria Women: Melaye Blasts Oshiomhole (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dino Melaye Blasts Obasanjo, Says He Exposed National Assembly To Corruption by yemiprof(m): 7:17pm On Jan 28, 2016
Senator Dino Melaye, in a response to former president Olusegun Obasanjo’s letter to the national assembly, has said Obasanjo’s administration exposed the legislative arm to corruption through an alleged bribery of lawmakers to support his third term agenda in 2007.

This was contained in a statement obtained through one of Senator Dino Melaye’s social broadcasters and personally signed by the senator. Melaye who noted that he had tremendous respect for the former president Olusegun Aremu Okikiola Obasanjo as a respected pan Africanist and committed patriot, said Obasanjo’s letter was “a misplacement of anger”.

“Our leader is mistaken the 8th National Assembly as the same Senate Assembly that defrauded him in 2007. Those who collected his money and refused to implement the 3rd term agenda. I appeal to Baba that we are not the ones please. After 9 years of that bribery saga, the first of its kind, I expect forgiveness to have taken place.

“There was the case of bribery introduced by the Obasanjo regime in the desperate attempt to remove speaker Ghali Umar Na’Abba from office then”, Melaye revealed.

According to him; “In fact there was open display of that bribery money on the floor of the house. That government exposed the National Assembly to corruption and easy money.

Taking a dig at the former president, Melaye asked if he (Obasanjo) was not planning to distract attention from the Halliburton and Siemens scandal which occurred during Obasanjo’s administration between 1999 and 2007.

“I hope this is not in an attempt to cover up and distract attention from the Halliburton and Siemens corruption allegations”.

“While I am against corruption anywhere in Nigeria, I will not support accusations based on anger and vindictiveness. The 8th Senate should also look inwardly and purge herself of all the deliberate misgivings of the past. Nigeria must work and we must support the anti-corruption stand of the Buhari Administration. God bless Nigeria, Melaye added.

Source: http://greennews.ng/letter-dino-melaye-blasts-obasanjo-says-he-exposed-national-assembly-to-corruption/
Re: Dino Melaye Blasts Obasanjo, Says He Exposed National Assembly To Corruption by benedictac(f): 7:24pm On Jan 28, 2016
Lol
Re: Dino Melaye Blasts Obasanjo, Says He Exposed National Assembly To Corruption by tuniski: 7:24pm On Jan 28, 2016
The battle line has been drawn. Corruption fighting corruption. What a chanji papa and pikin dey roforofo!

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye Blasts Obasanjo, Says He Exposed National Assembly To Corruption by cornoil(m): 7:29pm On Jan 28, 2016
Ghenghen OBJ, Harllibutton, siemens scandal. Hope bubu go get mind prob Baba OBJ?

2 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye Blasts Obasanjo, Says He Exposed National Assembly To Corruption by AngryNigerian(m): 7:35pm On Jan 28, 2016
Hmmm...now I know why the Pharisees left hurridly when Jesus asked, "He who is without sin, let him throw the first stone".

I did not say anything oo, I just wanted to #Say#My#Mind
Re: Dino Melaye Blasts Obasanjo, Says He Exposed National Assembly To Corruption by Sunky200: 7:43pm On Jan 28, 2016
the senate was corrupt way before 2007 bribery saga, the senate has been a corrupt chamber since 99, dino melaye is only trying to brand the serving senators holy, well nigerians knows better.
as for baba, if OBJ had not carry party matter for forehead during his tenure in office maybe he would have reduced corruption that took place under his nose to the minimum. corruption won OBJ regime back to back and thus inherited by his survivors, well except for the present administration

2 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye Blasts Obasanjo, Says He Exposed National Assembly To Corruption by RedCapChief(m): 7:45pm On Jan 28, 2016
It was Atiku that introduced it to the National Assembly. Back then, when $5,000 was enough to bribe a HOR member.

Re: Dino Melaye Blasts Obasanjo, Says He Exposed National Assembly To Corruption by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jan 28, 2016
“Our leader is mistaken the 8th National Assembly as the same Senate Assembly that defrauded him in 2007. Those who collected his money and refused to implement the 3rd term agenda. I appeal to Baba that we are not the ones please. After 9 years of that bribery saga, the first of its kind, I expect forgiveness to have taken place.

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye Blasts Obasanjo, Says He Exposed National Assembly To Corruption by doctokwus: 7:49pm On Jan 28, 2016
Even Dino insulting OBJ!
These are the kind of characters that now dominate our political space, the likes of Saraki, Fayose, and Dino.
It's well.
Re: Dino Melaye Blasts Obasanjo, Says He Exposed National Assembly To Corruption by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jan 28, 2016
Nigerians generally don't take kindly to criticisms whether or not they're constructive.

They usually leave the message and attack the messenger.

How has Melaye addressed the crucial issues raised in OBJ's letter? The purchase of cars, allowances and release of NASS accounts.

We're not interested in the insults.

Address the issues raised by OBJ. You may then abuse him late if you so wish.
Re: Dino Melaye Blasts Obasanjo, Says He Exposed National Assembly To Corruption by TippyTop(m): 7:58pm On Jan 28, 2016
Ok
Re: Dino Melaye Blasts Obasanjo, Says He Exposed National Assembly To Corruption by TippyTop(m): 8:00pm On Jan 28, 2016
[s]
Activa:
Nigerians generally don't take kindly to criticisms whether or not they're constructive.

They usually leave the message and attack the messenger.

How has Melaye addressed the crucial issues raised in OBJ's letter? The purchase of cars, allowances and release of NASS accounts.

We're not interested in the insults.

Address the issues raised by OBJ. You may then abuse him late if you so wish.
[/s]

"He who comes into equity must come with clean hands"

Same ediot who wasted millions in his vain attempt at contesting a third term has the guts to label others corrupt.
OBJ should explain the billions he wasted on the power sector without any significant benefit.

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye Blasts Obasanjo, Says He Exposed National Assembly To Corruption by Orjioorji(f): 8:02pm On Jan 28, 2016
doctokwus:
Even Dino insulting OBJ!
These are the kind of characters that now dominate our political space, the likes of Saraki, Fayose, and Dino.
It's well.
2hen an old corrupt man refused to respect himself what do you expect ? which of the govt from 1998 till date is as corrupt as OBJ he introduced " PDP shear the money "

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye Blasts Obasanjo, Says He Exposed National Assembly To Corruption by yahrant140(m): 8:04pm On Jan 28, 2016
Dino don't let Saraki used you and dump you! Don't joke with baba obansanjo... Your political career may end with it ask Patricia olubunmi ette!
Re: Dino Melaye Blasts Obasanjo, Says He Exposed National Assembly To Corruption by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jan 28, 2016
[quote author=TippyTop post=42413869][/quote]

Empty and mediocre response.
Re: Dino Melaye Blasts Obasanjo, Says He Exposed National Assembly To Corruption by Montaque(m): 8:13pm On Jan 28, 2016
OBJ doesn't have the credibility to task the current legislatures.
Re: Dino Melaye Blasts Obasanjo, Says He Exposed National Assembly To Corruption by benval40(m): 8:27pm On Jan 28, 2016
Dino is my boy, give him food and he will fight 4 u. -- bukola saraki
Re: Dino Melaye Blasts Obasanjo, Says He Exposed National Assembly To Corruption by BERNIMOORE: 9:22pm On Jan 28, 2016
Character for Character Melaye will Rubbish BaBA OLe Ghana Must Go Broda Obasanjo. Saraki is wise no to react first
Re: Dino Melaye Blasts Obasanjo, Says He Exposed National Assembly To Corruption by cktheluckyman: 9:31pm On Jan 28, 2016
yahrant140:
Dino don't let Saraki used you and dump you! Don't joke with baba obansanjo... Your political career may end with it ask Patricia olubunmi ette!

How on earth can Obasanjo end Dino's career? The old man who could not even secure a second term for his daughter as senator would be the one influencing elections in Kogi east? Obasanjo is far more corrupt than the current NASS!! A man who embezzled $16billion meant for power sector is here pontificating about corruption
Re: Dino Melaye Blasts Obasanjo, Says He Exposed National Assembly To Corruption by drokiri(m): 11:07am On Jan 29, 2016
The response from Dino is a way to trivialize the fight against corruption and the call for wise spending not only by OBJ but by all Nigerians. Dino shouldn’t use his grievances with OBJ to discredit the call for wise utilization of the nation’s resources. Every Nigerian who is a manager at one level or the other understands that at this stage, wasteful spending, unnecessary overhead cost and all form of duplication (cars, jeeps inclusive) should be avoided and that all hands must be on deck to fight corruption.

President Buhari also commented on the need to be prudent and the issue of car purchases by NASS involving huge cost during his Presidential Chat. Whether OBJ introduced corruption or not is not the issue currently, the issue now is that we must fight corruption and avoid wasteful spending.

Dino once said “ Jonathan is the promoter of corruption. I am telling you that the Government of Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan is the most corrupt in Nigerian history “ (https://www.naij.com/439845-jonathans-administration-is-the-most-corrupt-dino-melaye.html). But now he is taking it personal when he receives same from another person.

Since he supported the anti-corruption crusade of President Buhari, any other call made from any Nigerian should not been seen as an attack on the personality of anybody.

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo to President Buhari - Begin anti-graft war with yourself / PENGASSAN Shuts Another Agency In Petroleum / How Governor Ambode Earned My Utmost Respect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.