Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,458 members, 7,830,282 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

How Governor Ambode Earned My Utmost Respect - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Governor Ambode Earned My Utmost Respect (1346 Views)

See How Governor And Dignitaries Wept As Suntai's Corpse Arrived Taraba. / Uduaghan Had Not Entered UNIBEN When I Earned My Phd – Prof. Utomi / How Governor Dankwambo Is Transforming Gombe State (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Governor Ambode Earned My Utmost Respect by naijacarlovers: 11:42pm On May 20, 2016
Exactly one week today, last Friday, I was opportuned to be one of the journalists invited to cover the grand opening of the CFAO Yamaha Motorcycle assembly plant at Amuwo Odofin.

I decided to be outside and observe the arrival of the number 1 citizen of Lagos.

At exactly 10am, the convoy of the governor drove into the compound. After the greetings the event started like 10.15am. Just 15 mins behind the scheduled starting time of 10am.

This I must say is a far departure from what obtains with most Nigerian VIPs especially politicians. As most of them get to events or functions late, keeping invited guests waiting.

But not 'Ambo'.

Apart from the security agents and aids, he came across as a humble 'guy', even his voice was voice was calm not showing his purpose-driven leadership as is evidenced with his strides so far in Lagos State.

I took note and also told myself to adopt such characteristics when I also become a 'big man'.

Even as he left, while driving back, he stopped over at the horribly failed portion of the Apapa-Oshodi Expressway at Berliet/Itire Bus stop to see things for himself.

There he felt first-hand the agonies of the road users who suffer untold hardship at that stretched of the road. He immediately ordered his Ministry heads to mobilize and ensure the road is speedily rehabilitated.

It was a pleasant surprise yesterday, (just within one week), when I drove through that road but on the opposite Lane to see that men of Julius Berger seriously working on the road.

We have gotten used d to politicians making promises they intend never to keep but not our 'Ambo'. From the pictures herein, one can see the seriousness of the work going on there.

I am not appreciating him because of anything but being sincere in apportioning well deserved accolades to a man who trying to continue the legacies he inherited, better them and also initiate and execute his own laudable activities.

If information at my disposal is correct, then he should be commissioning the newly built Okota road tomorrow. The speed in finishing the project he inherited from his predecessor was simply legendary.

Well done Your Excellency and may God continue to lead you and your administration so that you can achieve more.

Ambo!

Culled from www.naijacarlovers.com.

Pictures show the Governor during the event and some sections of the newly-built Okota Road.

1 Like

Re: How Governor Ambode Earned My Utmost Respect by Ballmer: 12:17am On May 21, 2016
Tales by moonlight. This was how they hyped Fashola with barely nothing accomplished in Lagos. Private individual build road without praise or reimbursement from the govt. I wonder why Ambode should be praised for being a failure.

Please OP does Ambode think that all highways in Lagos are motorable ? If he knows they are not why wait till he pass by each one before instructing contractors to move to site ? And that is for just major road what about the intra city roads ?
Re: How Governor Ambode Earned My Utmost Respect by chriskosherbal(m): 12:31am On May 21, 2016
He is indeed a wonderful governor.

1 Like

Re: How Governor Ambode Earned My Utmost Respect by 68816419: 8:14am On May 21, 2016
Ballmer:
Tales by moonlight. This was how they hyped Fashola with barely nothing accomplished in Lagos. Private individual build road without praise or reimbursement from the govt. I wonder why Ambode should be praised for being a failure.

Please OP does Ambode think that all highways in Lagos are motorable ? If he knows they are not why wait till he pass by each one before instructing contractors to move to site ? And that is for just major road what about the intra city roads ?

where are you from, u think if fashola hasn't done anything in the state he will be assigned to head three big positions?, Nigeria will never have a governor like him, what ambode is currently doing, is improving on what fashola has done.

3 Likes

Re: How Governor Ambode Earned My Utmost Respect by jfking2005(m): 8:27am On May 21, 2016
Ballmer:

You need to change the way you reason to progress in life.
That Road belong to Fed govt but he choose to make life easy for the people and not wait till fed govt is ready.

3 Likes

Re: How Governor Ambode Earned My Utmost Respect by Ballmer: 8:48pm On May 21, 2016
jfking2005:
You need to change the way you reason to progress in life. That Road belong to Fed govt but he choose to make life easy for the people and not wait till fed govt is ready.

68816419:
. where are you from, u think if fashola hasn't done anything in the state he will be assigned to head three big positions?, Nigeria will never have a governor like him, what ambode is currently doing, is improving on what fashola has done.

Free yourselves from mental slavery and unforced delusion. How old are you two by the way. A Fashola that can not provide low cost housing for the teaming population of Lagos, a Fashola that built Lekki rd with tax payers money only to tow the same road, a Fashola that construct borehole for 58 million per one in Lagos state where everywhere is saturated with fresh water. The borehole is not in Ibadan where you need to blast rock to get to water.

Fashola aside please is that the only road or only federal road that is in a bad condition in Lagos state ? Must Lagosian wait for Ambode to pass by other roads before he set up the machinery to ensure each and every road in Lagos state is motorable ? Did he visit each business in Lagos before he demanded tax from them ?

In as much as Fashola is exceptional among his Nigerian colleagues he remains a colossal failure when you compare his achievement with the debt portfolio he left Lagos with, add the allocation accruing to Lagos plus the Tinubu era owed local govt fund Yardua credited Fashola or with governors of other cosmopolitan cities such as Jo'burg Capetown Cairo Rabat Tunis What exactly did he do with all the fund ?

We Yoruba should educate ourselves and stop celebrating mediocrity simply because that is what Nigeria is bedeviled with. We should desist from measuring accomplishments of our governors using the colossal failure of Nigerian standards.

Lagos should be competing with cities such as Cairo Johannesburg Capetown Rabat Casablanca Alexandria Tunis. Cities where each road federal state or local is tarred to the sitting room of every citizen, cities with sewage system which Lagos completely lacks, cities with pipe borne water to every single homes etc. I have deliberately left out European Asian and American cities simply to justify the mediocrity you both are celebrating in the person of Fashola and his achievement in Lagos.

Ethiopia stated building it's railing two years after Fashola launched his with only about 10% of the cost of Fashola's Ekorail and yes you heard me correctly the cost of the Ethpoia rail is less than 10% of Ekorail and before one paid commentator start his balderdash the two rail line are of the same gauge. The KM of Fashola's Ekorail which can not be ascertain as the Lagos APC as turned the project into a pipedrain to siphone scared resources is the only thing holding back the comparison in terms of cost and KM.

1 Like

Re: How Governor Ambode Earned My Utmost Respect by Ballmer: 3:20pm On Jul 21, 2016
jfking2005:

You need to change the way you reason to progress in life.
That Road belong to Fed govt but he choose to make life easy for the people and not wait till fed govt is ready.

With your way of reasoning you can never make it life. Why abandoned his primary responsibility to be solving the problem of the FG ? Please tell me as Amboe fixed all Lagos roads major ones not even LG roads ? Please stop being an idiot okay.
Re: How Governor Ambode Earned My Utmost Respect by idupaul: 3:44pm On Jul 21, 2016
Ambo keeps performing while Buhari keeps telling stories ..the tale of two leaders
Re: How Governor Ambode Earned My Utmost Respect by blazetitov: 4:10pm On Jul 21, 2016
Ballmer:

With your way of reasoning you can never make it life. Why abandoned his primary responsibility to be solving the problem of the FG ? Please tell me as Amboe fixed all Lagos roads major ones not even LG roads ? Please stop being an idiot okay.

Whether FG or state government, will the road not benefit nigerians that passes through on a daily basis?

Re: How Governor Ambode Earned My Utmost Respect by blazetitov: 4:11pm On Jul 21, 2016
Ballmer:

Whether FG or state government, will the road not benefit Nigerians that passes through on a daily basis?

Re: How Governor Ambode Earned My Utmost Respect by Ballmer: 4:16pm On Jul 21, 2016
blazetitov:

Whether FG or state government, will the road not benefit nigerians that passes through on a daily basis?

And the state road he left undone as no benefit to the Nigerians that use it right ? Some of you stupidity as been programmed into your cerebum from birth.
Re: How Governor Ambode Earned My Utmost Respect by blazetitov: 4:31pm On Jul 21, 2016
Ballmer:

And the state road he left undone as no benefit to the Nigerians that use it right ? Some of you stupidity as been programmed into your cerebum from birth.

Oga ade, What's is your point? Why are you ranting up and down like a rabid dog?

Can the governor fix all the roads in the state at the same time?

You kept on insulting people because you are frustrated and suffering from low self esteem.

Grow up and stop your senseless arguments.

Re: How Governor Ambode Earned My Utmost Respect by johnwizey: 4:40pm On Jul 21, 2016
Dat is how they will be claiming to be Yoruba but we know they are from the lost tribe of yiisreal awon oloshi gbogbo. Imagine sumone saying Fashola did nothing in Lagos state and such person wonders why things ain't going well with his life
Re: How Governor Ambode Earned My Utmost Respect by Ballmer: 7:00pm On Jul 21, 2016
blazetitov:

Oga ade, What's is your point? Why are you ranting up and down like a rabid dog?

Can the governor fix all the roads in the state at the same time?

You kept on insulting people because you are frustrated and suffering from low self esteem.

Grow up and stop your senseless arguments.
. Low self esteem my foot and yes a governor can fix all the highways major roads in a state if the will to do that is present. Because you are born celebrating mediocrity does not mean sensible Nigerians should be partakers of such foolishness. Hold your elected officials to the highest possible standard, celebrating a 35 millionaire bore hole or 1 billion / KM road construction riffle with poth holes after 3 months is not the way to go.

(1) (Reply)

I Wouldn't Arrest Jonathan-buhari Open Up / To Hell With Niger Delta Oil, North Can Feed The Nation –senator Waku / Behind Close Doors: Caption This Picture Of Buhari And Aisha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.