Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,487 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

Why Must Only The Married Women Wear Wedding Rings But Not The Men? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Must Only The Married Women Wear Wedding Rings But Not The Men? (3508 Views)

Wedding Rings Only / Why Do Some Married Women Cheat? / Man Feels Guilty Everytime His Wife Reigns Curses On The Men Who Raped Her. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Must Only The Married Women Wear Wedding Rings But Not The Men? by chocolateme(f): 10:37pm On Jan 28, 2016
Nigerian husbands always expect their wives to always put on their wedding bands wherever they are going including when At home.
But why can't the guys also wear their own? Even also in the case of engagement rings.
They practically turn the women into "Lord of the Rings" ok oo it is well with our Nigerian guys.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Must Only The Married Women Wear Wedding Rings But Not The Men? by Emmaus12: 10:46pm On Jan 28, 2016
Aunty when he gives u d ring, please dont wear it....also if he already given you please throw it away grin grin

Between if you want him to wear the engagement ring, kindly propose to him. It is not the sole preserve of a man to propose or is it? tongue

6 Likes

Re: Why Must Only The Married Women Wear Wedding Rings But Not The Men? by Cutehector(m): 11:24pm On Jan 28, 2016
Married men put on their rings na.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Must Only The Married Women Wear Wedding Rings But Not The Men? by Richy4(m): 11:42pm On Jan 28, 2016
You don't have to generalize dear OP.....it depends the kind of job some men do..... My colleague has lost three rings already.... his work entails that he remove his rings... he can't be putting on and removing his ring all the time without loosing it some day....

Most married engineers that goes down and dirty will equally tell you that same thing...even some male chefs.......

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Must Only The Married Women Wear Wedding Rings But Not The Men? by 3Dee(m): 4:06am On Jan 29, 2016
1) I think a woman is much more respected when she wears her ring.
2) it also makes their finger beautiful.
3) Then, it complements their dressing, e.g women wear bangles, neck chain, earrings, nose ring, lips ring etc.

1 Like

Re: Why Must Only The Married Women Wear Wedding Rings But Not The Men? by Nobody: 4:17am On Jan 29, 2016
It is women the ring means a lot to. If men don't buy it for them, it will look as if he's bad what does a man need a ring for. Na burden to wear iron on my finger. I feel free d way I am.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Must Only The Married Women Wear Wedding Rings But Not The Men? by callola: 6:06am On Jan 29, 2016
i dont wear mine, but i have seen alot of married men wearing wedding ring. Its a choice. Being married is not on the ring but in the heart

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Must Only The Married Women Wear Wedding Rings But Not The Men? by PresVA: 7:55am On Jan 29, 2016
callola:
i dont wear mine, but i have seen alot of married men wearing wedding ring. Its a choice. Being married is not on the ring but in the heart
I hope you don't ulterior motive?

1 Like

Re: Why Must Only The Married Women Wear Wedding Rings But Not The Men? by Nobody: 9:09am On Jan 29, 2016
Most men don't have time for that "YANGA" wedding ring because that is only a symbol of "i'm married", unlike most women who take it as marriage advert.
Most men believe in the real marriage.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Must Only The Married Women Wear Wedding Rings But Not The Men? by BE811APP: 10:03pm On Feb 03, 2016
I always wear my ring

why generalize men

Have u seen all or tasted all undecided
Re: Why Must Only The Married Women Wear Wedding Rings But Not The Men? by oloyede252(m): 10:14pm On Feb 03, 2016
PresVA:
I hope you don't ulterior motive?
see questiƶn..how is that your problem.
Re: Why Must Only The Married Women Wear Wedding Rings But Not The Men? by Kanwuliajeje: 1:26am On Feb 04, 2016
Unless you be 'bush woman' wey marriage dey shack ke! grin
As soon as my husband took his own off. . . . I DID LIKE WISE!!! cool
The marriage is sweeter than ever!
No DIE-VORCE necessary! cool

When you are dealing with a Nigerian husband, you have to learn to stew him in his own juices ke! cheesy

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Must Only The Married Women Wear Wedding Rings But Not The Men? by LewsTherin: 5:38am On Feb 04, 2016
Really? Married nigerian men don't? That's strange. Cos I wear mine and every married man in my circle of contacts wears theirs too. So where did you see married Nigerian men without their wedding rings?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Must Only The Married Women Wear Wedding Rings But Not The Men? by SAMBARRY: 5:50am On Feb 04, 2016
grin grin grin

You this woman you're funny grin grin
Kanwuliajeje:

When you are dealing with a Nigerian husband, you have to learn to stew him in his own juices ke! cheesy
Re: Why Must Only The Married Women Wear Wedding Rings But Not The Men? by PresVA: 6:18am On Feb 04, 2016
oloyede252:
see questiƶn..how is that your problem.
See question, how's it your business? Did I quote you? tongue
Re: Why Must Only The Married Women Wear Wedding Rings But Not The Men? by Blade21: 8:07am On Feb 04, 2016
this generalisation is false my hubby wears his wedding band all the time except at home it's even me that forgets mine so not all Nigerian men. good morning

1 Like

Re: Why Must Only The Married Women Wear Wedding Rings But Not The Men? by oloyede252(m): 9:00am On Feb 04, 2016
PresVA:
See question, how's it your business? Did I quote you? tongue
yes.you just did
Re: Why Must Only The Married Women Wear Wedding Rings But Not The Men? by PresVA: 9:04am On Feb 04, 2016
oloyede252:
yes.you just did
Stop telling people to mind their business when you ain't minding yours. ... have a good day!
Re: Why Must Only The Married Women Wear Wedding Rings But Not The Men? by oloyede252(m): 9:08am On Feb 04, 2016
PresVA:
Stop telling people to mind their business when you ain't minding yours. ... have a good day!
you too stop asking stupid questions.good day
Re: Why Must Only The Married Women Wear Wedding Rings But Not The Men? by byvan03: 9:27am On Feb 04, 2016
OP that's generalisation , there are men that have never removed their wedding rings since their wedding.
Re: Why Must Only The Married Women Wear Wedding Rings But Not The Men? by bukatyne(f): 9:36am On Feb 04, 2016
chocolateme:
Nigerian husbands always expect their wives to always put on their wedding bands wherever they are going including when At home.
But why can't the guys also wear their own? Even also in the case of engagement rings.
They practically turn the women into "Lord of the Rings" ok oo it is well with our Nigerian guys.

Most of my married male colleagues and family members wear their rings....

There are some women who do not wear their rings also.

Re: Engagement rings...

Do women give men engagement rings?
Re: Why Must Only The Married Women Wear Wedding Rings But Not The Men? by God2man(m): 7:27pm On Feb 04, 2016
Wedding Ring is overrated. Is it the ring that will help the marriage? After some time you will forget to put it on your finger again.

Some will flush the ring down the toilet or throw it away after a little misunderstanding.

Let your marriage be established on the word of God, not ring.

Anybody that will walk on the narrow way has to do things differently. Do not follow the crowd.

I used the Bible as a symbol of Love not the Wedding ring. I could afford the Wedding Ring but I insisted on using the Word of God which is settled forever in heaven.

I thank God for my wife.

God2man.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Must Only The Married Women Wear Wedding Rings But Not The Men? by raumdeuter: 9:19pm On Feb 04, 2016
Women naturally like jewellry

See an unmarried girl and boy dressed to go out and count the number of jewelries on each.

Start from chain, rings, bangles, earrings, etc

Then you would realize why
Re: Why Must Only The Married Women Wear Wedding Rings But Not The Men? by herboshedhe(f): 10:43pm On Feb 04, 2016
Kanwuliajeje:

E go better for you magrin
Re: Why Must Only The Married Women Wear Wedding Rings But Not The Men? by Moana(f): 7:03am On Feb 05, 2016
callola:
and its okay for your wife to move around with hers if decides she doesnt want to wear it as well?
Re: Why Must Only The Married Women Wear Wedding Rings But Not The Men? by 2good(m): 7:45am On Feb 05, 2016
chocolateme:
Nobody including men is forcing you to wear your ring. You can throw it away if you want to. Stop lying that men want their wife to wear the ring because I know we don't care.
Re: Why Must Only The Married Women Wear Wedding Rings But Not The Men? by MooreJozo(m): 9:12pm On Sep 28, 2017
Freshing rre
Re: Why Must Only The Married Women Wear Wedding Rings But Not The Men? by sisisioge: 9:16pm On Sep 28, 2017
Don't mind them. They would say they aren't jewelry people, they forget easily, etc. All na lie...they just don't like the idea of being branded.It is still an ego thing.
Re: Why Must Only The Married Women Wear Wedding Rings But Not The Men? by MooreJozo(m): 6:14am On Sep 29, 2017
Buy o

Re: Why Must Only The Married Women Wear Wedding Rings But Not The Men? by Nobody: 11:47am On Sep 29, 2017
chocolateme:

It is because women are scum
Re: Why Must Only The Married Women Wear Wedding Rings But Not The Men? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Sep 29, 2017
chocolateme:
That most Nigeria men insist on their wives putting on ring does not mean all Nigeria men does that. There are many women not wearing rings yet they're married.it all boils down to the man in question
Re: Why Must Only The Married Women Wear Wedding Rings But Not The Men? by Nobody: 10:41pm On Sep 29, 2017
callola:
Correct

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Genital Warts A STD? / Newly Weds Eats Outside While Guest Waits Inside..!!! Pics / Does obeah really exist?/Going to the evil Herbalist, does it really work?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.