Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,146 members, 7,835,835 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

Burial Of Bessie Ikpeazu , Okezie Ikpeazu's Mother (gov Abia State) - Photos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Burial Of Bessie Ikpeazu , Okezie Ikpeazu's Mother (gov Abia State) - Photos (1777 Views)

Okezie Ikpeazu Standing In A Train In China (Photo) / Fayose At Governor Ikpeazu's Mother's Burial (pictures) / Governor Ikpeazu's Mother Betsy, Dies At 87 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Burial Of Bessie Ikpeazu , Okezie Ikpeazu's Mother (gov Abia State) - Photos by DailyPost: 2:27pm On Jan 29, 2016
Deputy President of the Senate, Ike Ekweremadu, Ebonyi State Governor Dave Umahi, Ekiti State Governor, Ayo Fayose, Cross River State Governor, Prof Ben Ayade are all physically present at Umuobiakwa at the funeral of Madam Bessie Ikpeazu.
Wife of President Buhari is ably represented by Mrs Rochas Okorocha, wife of the Imo State Governor.
Members of the National Assembly, leaders of the PDP from across the country are here too.
Of course, the full complement of the Government of Abia State led by the Deputy Governor, Rt Hon Ude Oko Chukwu, Speaker of the State Legislature, Rt Hon Martins Azubuike as well as other top dignitaries are here.
It's indeed a full house.peter Obi , Orji Uzor Kalu ,Rochas Okorocha , Ayodele Fayose and others were present at the burial of the Late mother to governor of Abia State Okezie Ikpeazu, see photos below.

Condolence Messages From The Burial of Okezie Ikpeazu's Mother , In Abia State

WE MOURN WITH YOU ON THE PASSAGE OF DEACONESS (MRS) BESSIE IKPEAZU.

On behalf of my family and friends, members and supporters of the All Progressives Grand Alliance in the state, I convey my sincere condolences to Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu, his wife and other members of the Ikpeazu family as well as the entire Umuobiakwa community and Obingwa LGA.

Even though we would have wished that she stayed longer, at 87, there is no doubt that she lived a long and fulfilled life leaving behind her a lot of legacies amongst which you and your siblings are an eloquent testimony.

You should take solace in the fact that as a practicing Christian, who held tenaciously to her faith in the Lord, she accomplished, in no small measure, the very essence of man on earth.

No doubt, she lived an exemplary life, having touched the lives of others around her positively and impacted on her immediate family.

It is my understanding that she also made remarkable contributions towards the upliftment and overall wellbeing of the womenfolk in Umuobiakwa and its neighbouring communities in Obingwa Local Government Area in particular.

There is no doubt that her demise has created a vacuum for the women of the area, who hitherto looked up to her for guidance and support.

It is my prayer that God shall give you and your relatives the grace and fortitude to bear the pain associated with the death of a mother and grandmother. I also enjoin you, just like it is written, not to sorrow like those who have no hope as we are assured of our place in the hereafter.

May the good Lord grant her soul eternal repose.

Dr. Alex Otti (OFR)
29/Jan/2015

CONDOLENCE MESSAGE TO DR. OKEZIE VICTOR IKPEAZU ON THE DEMISE OF A MOTHER GENERAL, BESSIE IKPEAZU

May I very reverently and respectfully on behalf of my family, friends and all those who share my sequential sentiments in recent unfolding events, heartily condole with the family of Dr. Okezie Victor Ikpeazu on the demise of their Matriarch, Mrs. Bessie Ikpeazu.

I have had the opportunity of reading so many heartwarming and cheering tributes in her honour and make haste to affirm that Mama Bessie is indeed a Mother General and uniquely, the quintessence of womanhood. I particularly note with nostalgia, that in an age where insensitivity to the feelings and psyche of many has don the stage of human affairs, a woman such as Mama Bessie, with milk and honey in her breast and bowels are not completely in extinction.

I note again that today, earth has lost another gentle and genial soul and heaven has gained one more beatific and bountiful Angel. It is therefore, unassailable to conclude that quite a huge number of people who were birthed and breathed into by Mama will continually and continuously interact with Mama in the beautiful garden of memory.

I am persuaded that as Mama Bessie is now wrapped in celestial apparel and transformed into the very image of her creator for a perpetual rest in His bliss, she will not cease to guide the heart and mind of those of us who truly believe in her ideals of faith, good conscience and justice.

I therefore pray that my brother and friend, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu and his family will find solace in the fact that beautiful people like Mama do not really die. Such rare breeds, like others in Mama’s fold and creed will live on and their remembrance and reminiscences will keep impacting lives.

It is well, regardless.

Nwala Chukwudi Oracle Esq.

Today, the remains of the mother of the Governor of Abia state, Madam Bessie Ikpeazu will be laid to rest. To her family, she was the best mother. To her collegues, friends, community, Church, she was a rare gem. She will be dearly missed. For some people, 'She would have stayed a little longer to enjoy as, Mama Governor' but, it is only the will of God that prevails in all things. We wish her well, as she journeys to the world beyond. May she find rest in God, her maker and may the good she did here on earth, surpass the not too good, she did as a human and may heaven give her a place, among the saints.
Find rest, Mama Governor. Obioma Okezie

MOTHER & SON SEPARATED:

Mrs Betsy Ikpeazu otherwise known as Madam Ikpeazu- the mother of the Executive Governor of Abia State- Dr Okezie Victor Ikpeazu will be buried today @ UMUOBIAKWA in Obingwa LGA Abia State.

Friends, let us all go out to stand behind our Governor bury his beloved mother. He is in sorrow because mother and son are now completely separated.

We know that today's burial will attract a lot of visitors from all parts of the country. Just as the Governor stated yesterday when we had a brief meeting, may I also plead with Abians to welcome all our visitors first. Let us all behave ourselves in this moment of sorrow. It will be well with all of us.

May the gentle soul of Mama Betsy rest in perfect peace, Amen! - Ugochukwu Amaraizu

As the body of the Late Madam Bessie Ikpeazu is laid to rest today at her home town, Umuobiakwa in Obingwa LGA of Abia State, we stand fully by our Governor, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu and his siblings at this most difficult time.
May her soul rest in peace and may God grant the Ikpeazus the strength to cope. - Onyebuchi Ememanka

May God give the entire family of Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu PhD, the executive Governor of Abia State, the fortitude to bear the death of their mother, Late Deaconess Bessie Ikpeazu, as she's being buried today. That's to allude William Shakespeare's profound poem, 'The world is a stage...' And so it shall be, ages and their glory will come and fade away and time itself renewed, and to all of us someday, we shall only be remembered. Adieu! - Zarzey

Report From http://www.viviangist.com/burial-of-bessie-ikpeazu-okezie-ikpeazus-mother-governor-of-abia-state-photos

Cc; lalasticlala

Re: Burial Of Bessie Ikpeazu , Okezie Ikpeazu's Mother (gov Abia State) - Photos by DailyPost: 2:28pm On Jan 29, 2016
More @ lalasticlala

Re: Burial Of Bessie Ikpeazu , Okezie Ikpeazu's Mother (gov Abia State) - Photos by DailyPost: 2:29pm On Jan 29, 2016
Cc; lalasticlala

Re: Burial Of Bessie Ikpeazu , Okezie Ikpeazu's Mother (gov Abia State) - Photos by DailyPost: 2:34pm On Jan 29, 2016
Cc; lalasticlala see

Re: Burial Of Bessie Ikpeazu , Okezie Ikpeazu's Mother (gov Abia State) - Photos by viviangist2: 6:05pm On Jan 29, 2016
Cc; lalasticlala
Re: Burial Of Bessie Ikpeazu , Okezie Ikpeazu's Mother (gov Abia State) - Photos by DailyPost: 5:19pm On Jan 30, 2016
Cc; Obinoscopy

(1) (Reply)

Ogun State At 40, "This Governor, OGD, Touched Our Lives" / 20 Of Jonathan's Appointed DGs/CEOs Retained By President Buhari / Most Cubans Originated From Yorubaland – Ambassador

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.