Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,486 members, 7,823,130 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

Arsenal To Sign Kelechi Nwakali And Chukwueze Samuel - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Arsenal To Sign Kelechi Nwakali And Chukwueze Samuel (14885 Views)

OFFICIAL: FC Porto Sign Kelechi Nwakali On Loan From Arsenal (Photo) / Kelechi Nwakali And Francis Jacquelyn, His Girlfriend Loved Up In New Photos / Kelechi Nwakali And His Girlfriend, Francis Jacquelyn (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arsenal To Sign Kelechi Nwakali And Chukwueze Samuel by Kangol99(m): 2:27pm On Jan 29, 2016
Arsène Wenger is confident that Arsenal will complete the signings of the Nigeria youth internationals Kelechi Nwakali and Samuel Chukwueze before the transfer deadline on Monday.

But the manager suggested he would make no senior additions to supplement the purchase of Mohamed Elneny as the club’s injury situation had improved significantly. More on this topic

Wenger goes into Saturday’s FA Cup tie at home to Burnley with only Santi Cazorla and Jack Wilshere as long-term casualties. Francis Coquelin is back in contention weeks ahead of schedule after a knee problem and Tomas Rosicky also back from knee trouble.

Danny Welbeck has returned to full training, having been out since April of last year with a knee injury, but he will need a few more weeks before he is competitive again.

Wenger said that David Ospina would start in goal against Burnley and he is expected to give Elneny, who joined two weeks ago from Basel, his full debut. Per Mertesacker is suspended after his red card in the home loss to Chelsea last Sunday.

“The team news is quite good because we have many players in training,” Wenger said. “The only ones who are off training are Wilshere and Cazorla. We have 23 players in training, although not everybody is fully competitive. Welbeck still needs some training but he is back in full training.

“Will there be any other business?
No, not at the moment. As I told you, I have 23 players in training, plus two is 25 and unless people go out, we are not on the verge of bringing anyone in.” Nwakali, an attacking midfielder, was the player of the Under-17 World Cup in Chile last year, which Nigeria won, and at which his team-mate Chukwueze, a winger, also impressed.

They are part of the Diamond Football Academy in Nigeria. “The talks are progressing well,” Wenger said. “Do I expect them to be done this month? Yes. Of course, there are work permit issues and medical issues, because they have to take medicals. But it is progressing well.

“We identified Nwakali as the player of the tournament, basically, and as a top player. We will see if we can manage to get it over the line during this transfer period. [If we can], we will do it. Chukwueze is [signing] as well.”

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jan/29/arsenal-sign-nigeria-kelechi-nwakali-samuel-chukwueze

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal To Sign Kelechi Nwakali And Chukwueze Samuel by Mathematical(f): 2:35pm On Jan 29, 2016
grin nice one..I just pray both play up to expectation.bcoz there's this thing with Africans players..they tend to lose their grip and form too early..

8 Likes

Re: Arsenal To Sign Kelechi Nwakali And Chukwueze Samuel by timilehin007(m): 2:36pm On Jan 29, 2016
... That is why arsenal will remain a football academy.. Wenger is not buying to win the league as far as am concern

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal To Sign Kelechi Nwakali And Chukwueze Samuel by korel9: 2:36pm On Jan 29, 2016
As far as they don't play for APC fc then no problem grin grin

Read my signature before u react to my comment please grin

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal To Sign Kelechi Nwakali And Chukwueze Samuel by Gepheral: 2:37pm On Jan 29, 2016
Great for our international football image

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal To Sign Kelechi Nwakali And Chukwueze Samuel by draftmaster: 2:37pm On Jan 29, 2016
What can I say? Well they are Nigerians so I will say it's a good signing. But let me just speak my mind....this is absolute nonsense. Wenger doesn't even know what he wants. He has no strikers yet he keep on buying mid fielders. Where's the abumeyang he said he wanted to buy from dortmund. Wenger I have nothing to say to u but a heavy disgrace to my club. I will simply advice u to resign cos u re no more adding value to this great club.
Re: Arsenal To Sign Kelechi Nwakali And Chukwueze Samuel by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jan 29, 2016
Congrats to those lads for making international recognition. cool

However, If Arsenal FC like, let them sign Messi, Neymar, C. Ronaldo, Pogba,
Hazard, Vardy even Alex Ferguson as coach's adviser
they will still end the season trophyless
tongue
Re: Arsenal To Sign Kelechi Nwakali And Chukwueze Samuel by Lordtrillion(m): 2:38pm On Jan 29, 2016
Good for them
Re: Arsenal To Sign Kelechi Nwakali And Chukwueze Samuel by allanphash7(m): 2:38pm On Jan 29, 2016
Good move for the lads

5 Likes

Re: Arsenal To Sign Kelechi Nwakali And Chukwueze Samuel by webincomeplus(m): 2:39pm On Jan 29, 2016
Good for them. Nice to see a Nigerian at Arsenal since Kanu.

4 Likes

Re: Arsenal To Sign Kelechi Nwakali And Chukwueze Samuel by costandi(m): 2:39pm On Jan 29, 2016
Nice! Atleast make dem no wash like sani emmanuel and Crisantus.
Re: Arsenal To Sign Kelechi Nwakali And Chukwueze Samuel by Evyivy(f): 2:40pm On Jan 29, 2016
cool Nwakali go break em leg boy!
Re: Arsenal To Sign Kelechi Nwakali And Chukwueze Samuel by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jan 29, 2016
If am not around but my plate was red hot as she was watching my game boy before I wrote the exam at my car pack but the if Kim Karadashinans are deeper life members then it means Book haram campus gate is well organized that even members of redeem can bear me witness that I scored the goal against my goal post but Obama blew the game off penalty post instead am angry of how the devil allows the rice to sell at the market on hot cold freezy afternoon but the Sunday was enough to bang her in my beddy mood but she was not in her open mood but my dad was in his Hardy mood.
Re: Arsenal To Sign Kelechi Nwakali And Chukwueze Samuel by timilehin007(m): 2:40pm On Jan 29, 2016
Mathematical:
grin
I know you will still come back and thank your village headmaster and the witches and wizards in your village for being ftc
Re: Arsenal To Sign Kelechi Nwakali And Chukwueze Samuel by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jan 29, 2016
k
Re: Arsenal To Sign Kelechi Nwakali And Chukwueze Samuel by nickxtra(m): 2:41pm On Jan 29, 2016
I think thought Arsenal has already signed them or are they re-signing them again?
Re: Arsenal To Sign Kelechi Nwakali And Chukwueze Samuel by 1wolex85: 2:42pm On Jan 29, 2016
timilehin007:
... That is why arsenal will remain a football academy.. Wenger is not buying to win the league as far as am concern
Did he say he is putting them in the first team immediately? What of Man city that signed Iheanacho? At what age did Barca sign messi, fabregas and Pique? mtscheew

7 Likes

Re: Arsenal To Sign Kelechi Nwakali And Chukwueze Samuel by Samuelel: 2:42pm On Jan 29, 2016
they av been signed since.
Read Nairaland's Best ROMANTIC STORY:
My Landlady, Her Daughters And A Tenant (part 1 & 2)
Read Here : https://www.nairaland.com/2895316/romantic-story-landlady-daughters-tenant
Re: Arsenal To Sign Kelechi Nwakali And Chukwueze Samuel by 5starmilitant: 2:43pm On Jan 29, 2016
I thought kelechi said his pastor advised him to sign for Wolfsburg instead of arsenal........anyways good luck.

Re: Arsenal To Sign Kelechi Nwakali And Chukwueze Samuel by Sunkyphil(m): 2:45pm On Jan 29, 2016
nice choice for d lads
Re: Arsenal To Sign Kelechi Nwakali And Chukwueze Samuel by winterfell007(m): 2:46pm On Jan 29, 2016
the guys will be a talent to watch. i had hoped Bamidele would be signed aswell, the igbos are really visible in the sport sector, they invested alot in the business of sports, it might pay-off later in the future.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal To Sign Kelechi Nwakali And Chukwueze Samuel by omooba969(m): 2:46pm On Jan 29, 2016
Ok
Re: Arsenal To Sign Kelechi Nwakali And Chukwueze Samuel by mosesukpong: 2:47pm On Jan 29, 2016
Kangol99:

The CNN Young African Writers (CNNYAW) said $4,000 would go to UNICEF in Africa with $4,000 helping the Human Appeal International.

Thousands of children don't have access to quality education in Africa and the money donated will do a little to help.

In Greece, work is continuing to help provide food for those fleeing Syria.

CNNYAW Assistant Head Of Operations in Sierra Leone, Margaret Joles said: "These charities urgently need funding to deliver vital food, shelter and medical supplies in countries devastated by conflict and natural disasters."

"The support from CNN Young African Writers will add to donations from other nations to improve the lives of thousands of vulnerable people."

HOP of CNNYAW in Sierra Leone also said they'd be donating over 3,000 books to help the kids in Africa learn. She mentioned that "education is bright future assured."

The branch of CNN which was launched July 2015, is working hand in hand with UNICEF to eradicate poverty in Africa. www.cnnyaw.com has been operating in Africa for more than 5months now and is partnering with Humanitarian aid agencies to fight poverty and uneduaction in Africa and middle east.

Official website of the CNNYAW is www.cnnyaw.com

Re: Arsenal To Sign Kelechi Nwakali And Chukwueze Samuel by mazimee(m): 2:47pm On Jan 29, 2016
This are the kind of news I long for. If Nwakali and Samuel makes it to Arsenal. It will not be a bad idea at all. It will go long way to delevelop their football career, at the end Nigeria gains.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal To Sign Kelechi Nwakali And Chukwueze Samuel by timilehin007(m): 2:47pm On Jan 29, 2016
1wolex85:

Did he say he is putting them in the first team immediately? What of Man city that signed Iheanacho? At what age did Barca sign messi, fabregas and Pique? mtscheew
Arsenal needs to win epl badly and they needs top players for that
Re: Arsenal To Sign Kelechi Nwakali And Chukwueze Samuel by lonelydora: 2:49pm On Jan 29, 2016
Nice deal.

But I'm here just to check names. I know one day you guys will make us proud.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal To Sign Kelechi Nwakali And Chukwueze Samuel by Intendy: 2:50pm On Jan 29, 2016
Till then Wenger.
naso dem link victor osimen till he signed for Wolfsburg but to join 2017 season
Re: Arsenal To Sign Kelechi Nwakali And Chukwueze Samuel by youngguru23(m): 2:51pm On Jan 29, 2016
Proud to be a Gooner anytime anywhere. #COYG

1 Like

Re: Arsenal To Sign Kelechi Nwakali And Chukwueze Samuel by gbens2000(m): 2:52pm On Jan 29, 2016
I really want this to go through.i still see my club and Barca the only teams in top Europe leagues that has the ability to groom young talents and give them the right opportunity at the right times.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal To Sign Kelechi Nwakali And Chukwueze Samuel by mazimee(m): 2:53pm On Jan 29, 2016
[quote author=winterfell007 post=42435381]the guys will be a talent to watch. i had hoped Bamidele would be signed aswell, the igbos are really visible in the sport sector, they invested alot in the business of sports, it might pay-off later in the future.

Actually,Nigeria as a country really have talents from all section of the country. Its just that its seems like Igbos are blessed from all angle.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Saturday Pool Banker Draws / Tokyo 2020: NFF Congratulates, Dare, Sports Ministry / Osimhen Says He Wants To Be Better Than Yekini And Ighalo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.