Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,410 members, 7,830,065 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

Jean Meslier - A Real Closet Atheist. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jean Meslier - A Real Closet Atheist. (1937 Views)

Can A Real Born Again Girl(+prayer Worrior) Be Romantic?? / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist / The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jean Meslier - A Real Closet Atheist. by huxley2(m): 11:33am On Jun 29, 2009
Jean Meslier (1664 – 1729), was a Catholic priest who was discovered, upon his death, to have written a book-length philosophical essay promoting atheism. Described by the author as his "testament" to his parishioners, the text denounces all religion, and argues the superiority of atheist morality. More from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_Meslier.
Re: Jean Meslier - A Real Closet Atheist. by Tudor6(f): 1:37pm On Jun 29, 2009
Good for him,at least he found the truth before death. . .Dying in self-deciet is probably the worst way to sign out.
Christians, muslims and others WAKE UP!!
Re: Jean Meslier - A Real Closet Atheist. by noetic2: 2:29pm On Jun 29, 2009
whats new?
Re: Jean Meslier - A Real Closet Atheist. by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jun 29, 2009
Catholicism denies the Lordship of Christ, i'm not surprised a catholic priest ended up being a closet atheist.
Re: Jean Meslier - A Real Closet Atheist. by Tudor6(f): 4:29pm On Jun 29, 2009
Pentecostals abound who reverted to atheism what's your take on that?
Re: Jean Meslier - A Real Closet Atheist. by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jun 29, 2009
Tudór:

Pentecostals abound who reverted to atheism what's your take on that?

Too bad. They chose their own destiny.
Re: Jean Meslier - A Real Closet Atheist. by Tudor6(f): 5:52pm On Jun 29, 2009
And they've chosen right.
Re: Jean Meslier - A Real Closet Atheist. by gen2genius(m): 6:02pm On Jun 29, 2009
LOL, who are they? Mention 10 pentecostals who have been unfortunate fall into the cesspit of atheism and I'll give you a 100 atheists who have been fortunate to realise their folly while they still had time. wink
Re: Jean Meslier - A Real Closet Atheist. by Tudor6(f): 6:15pm On Jun 29, 2009
Do you have statistical facts to support the claim you're trying to make??
Re: Jean Meslier - A Real Closet Atheist. by gen2genius(m): 6:24pm On Jun 29, 2009
Just go ahead and mention the pentecostals you mentioned and you'll get all the facts you need wink
Re: Jean Meslier - A Real Closet Atheist. by Tudor6(f): 6:36pm On Jun 29, 2009
You made the ridiculous 100:10 claim, so back up your facts with reliable figures.
Re: Jean Meslier - A Real Closet Atheist. by gen2genius(m): 6:42pm On Jun 29, 2009
What exactly are u up to, friend? Before promising to give you 100 names of atheists who have been exorcised, I said "GIVE ME 10 PENTECOSTALS." Abi u get myopia? shocked shocked grin
Re: Jean Meslier - A Real Closet Atheist. by gen2genius(m): 7:10pm On Jun 29, 2009
Not complete yet? Keep googling, you should get up to 5 by 2015! wink cheesy tongue
Re: Jean Meslier - A Real Closet Atheist. by Tudor6(f): 8:02pm On Jun 29, 2009
You know there's a reason google and wikipedia were invented. I suggest you use them.
Looking back i guess you're right though. We were all born atheists, we came into the world and deceived into christianity, islam etal. Everyday millions of 'default atheist' kids are brainwashed into christianity,those also count as converts right?
Re: Jean Meslier - A Real Closet Atheist. by noetic2: 9:23pm On Jun 29, 2009
Tudór:

You know there's a reason google and wikipedia were invented. I suggest you use them.
Looking back i guess you're right though. We were all born atheists, we came into the world and deceived into christianity, islam etal. Everyday millions of 'default atheist' kids are brainwashed into christianity,those also count as converts right?

Another LIE from the atheists.
Re: Jean Meslier - A Real Closet Atheist. by bindex(m): 9:30pm On Jun 29, 2009
noetic2:

Another LIE from the atheists.

How is that a lie?
Re: Jean Meslier - A Real Closet Atheist. by gen2genius(m): 9:34pm On Jun 29, 2009
No one was born an atheist by "default." We were all born with a part of God in us. Our spirit. The breath of life in you is from God. Does it not amaze you how a single ovum and a single sperm could develop into tissues, organs etc to form a beautiful life? Oh the wonders of the Awesome God!

People only become atheists the moment they sell their souls to satan and allow him to influence their lives. But even with that, they still retain a consciousness of God within them. They have what belongs to God. They have the breath of life, which can depart from them at anytime (or what do you think actually causes death?). And they have their consciences.

We're not born atheists. But we can choose to be satan's allies, through atheism or any other attempt at dishonouring our Maker wink
Re: Jean Meslier - A Real Closet Atheist. by bindex(m): 9:47pm On Jun 29, 2009
gen2genius:

No one was born an atheist by "default." We were all born with a part of God in us. Our spirit. The breath of life in you is from God. Does it not amaze you how a single ovum and a single sperm could develop into tissues, organs etc to form a beautiful life? Oh the wonders of the Awesome God!

People only become atheists the moment they sell their souls to satan and allow him to influence their lives. But even with that, they still retain a consciousness of God within them. They have what belongs to God. They have the breath of life, which can be taken from them at anytime (or what do you think actually causes death?). And they have their consciences.

We're not born atheists. But we can choose to be satan's allies, through atheism or any other attempt at dishonouring our Maker wink

Whats all this nonsense? 95 percent of christians are christians because they were born into the religion, same with islam, hinduism and all the religions out there. A baby born to atheist parents will also become an atheist. I have seen 13 year old kids that do not know what god is when you tell them about god in Sweden because there parents did not teach them anything about god and the god hypothesis, they simply do not understand the concept or what the word means. According to the nonsense you typed the children should start shouting that jesus is god without being told or taught about it since they have the spirit of god living inside the.

What part of god are people born with? So because an ovum and sperm fuse together that means god did it? . What about the the complex process that forms the mosquito and the protozoan parasites that causes malaria which kills millions of people(innocent babies and children most especially) is that part of the awesome creation of your awesome god too?
Re: Jean Meslier - A Real Closet Atheist. by huxley2(m): 10:39pm On Jun 29, 2009
gen2genius:

LOL, who are they? Mention 10 pentecostals who have been unfortunate fall into the cesspit of atheism and I'll give you a 100 atheists who have been fortunate to realise their folly while they still had time. wink

There are quite a few, indeed.  Those I can mention from memory are:

1)  Dan Barker

2)  Charles Templeton

3)  Farrell Till

4) Joe E Holman (http://ministerturnsatheist..com/)

5)  John Loftus

6) G. Vincent Runyon

7)  Michael Goulder

8.) Bart Ehrman

in fact look at http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~slocks/decon.html   for more.
Re: Jean Meslier - A Real Closet Atheist. by huxley2(m): 11:51pm On Jun 29, 2009
Re: Jean Meslier - A Real Closet Atheist. by noetic2: 11:55pm On Jun 29, 2009
huxley2:

more ex-ministers now atheists;

1) Levi Fragell http://philosopedia.org/index.php/Levi_Fragell

2) Lee Salisbury - http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~slocks/tsr/tsr28.html

We know . , . . atheism is now a fast growing RELIGION.
Re: Jean Meslier - A Real Closet Atheist. by Tudor6(f): 9:22am On Jun 30, 2009
Yeeee!!!! Clap for noetic!. . . . , *clap* *clap* *clap*
Re: Jean Meslier - A Real Closet Atheist. by noetic2: 3:26pm On Jun 30, 2009
Now clap for Tudor . . , clap clap clap clap grin
Re: Jean Meslier - A Real Closet Atheist. by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jun 30, 2009
bindex:

Whats all this nonsense? 95 percent of christians are christians because they were born into the religion, same with islam, hinduism and all the religions out there. A baby born to atheist parents will also become an atheist. I have seen 13 year old kids that do not know what god is when you tell them about god in Sweden because there parents did not teach them anything about god and the god hypothesis, they simply do not understand the concept or what the word means. According to the nonsense you typed the children should start shouting that jesus is god without being told or taught about it since they have the spirit of god living inside the.

What part of god are people born with? So because an ovum and sperm fuse together that means god did it? . What about the the complex process that forms the mosquito and the protozoan parasites that causes malaria which kills millions of people(innocent babies and children most especially) is that part of the awesome creation of your awesome god too?

It is simplistically stupid and false statements like this that get me shaking my head in wonder. There is a difference between the label "christian" and having a genuine relationship with Jesus Christ . . . i doubt you understand that difference.

Having a relationship with Jesus is not something you automatically inherit by birth, if not the sons of Eli would have been the best priests that ever lived and Samuel would not have needed to anoint Saul as King.
Re: Jean Meslier - A Real Closet Atheist. by Tudor6(f): 5:15pm On Jun 30, 2009
Good. That means we were all born atheists since whe had no knowledge whatsoever of jesus or god when we came to this earth.
Thanks for clearing it all up.
Re: Jean Meslier - A Real Closet Atheist. by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jun 30, 2009
Tudór:

Good. That means we were all born atheists since whe had no knowledge whatsoever of jesus or god when we came to this earth.
Thanks for clearing it all up.

We are not born atheists, we are born SINNERS . . . but with a God-shaped hole in our hearts.
Re: Jean Meslier - A Real Closet Atheist. by Tudor6(f): 5:25pm On Jun 30, 2009
Geez! Whats the difference?
Re: Jean Meslier - A Real Closet Atheist. by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jun 30, 2009
Tudór:

Geez! Whats the difference?

Big world of difference . . .

being born an atheist implies God doesnt exist - A LIE.
Being born a sinner IMPLIES there is a God whose laws are eternal and which you are guilty of and for which you require the blood of the sinless Lamb to cleanse you from.
Re: Jean Meslier - A Real Closet Atheist. by Tudor6(f): 6:15pm On Jun 30, 2009
Hmmm. . . .so when we are born as "sinners" do we immediately know there's this entity that exists called god and we've sinned against him?
Re: Jean Meslier - A Real Closet Atheist. by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jun 30, 2009
Tudór:

Hmmm. . . .so when we are born as "sinners" do we immediately know there's this entity that exists called god and we've sinned against him?

The day you first heard about the bible you knew. You've had a choice to accept or reject Him.
Re: Jean Meslier - A Real Closet Atheist. by huxley2(m): 6:28pm On Jun 30, 2009
davidylan:

The day you first heard about the bible you knew. You've had a choice to accept or reject Him.

Have you accepted or rejected Allah or Sussicorn?
Re: Jean Meslier - A Real Closet Atheist. by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jun 30, 2009
huxley2:

Have you accepted or rejected Allah or Sussicorn?

Rejected them both . . . i am ready to face the consequences if i'm wrong about them both.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sneezing Is Good But Yawning Is Bad - Will A Christian Subscribe To This ? / Reasons Why The Gospel Of Barnabas Is False / 7yrs Old Girl Reveal That ADEBOYE,T.B JOSHUA, And Others Won't Make Heaven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.