Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,449 members, 7,846,873 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 05:09 AM

Jean Meslier - A Real Closet Atheist. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jean Meslier - A Real Closet Atheist. (1940 Views)

Can A Real Born Again Girl(+prayer Worrior) Be Romantic?? / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist / The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jean Meslier - A Real Closet Atheist. by Tudor6(f): 6:35pm On Jun 30, 2009
Well, it kinda sounds to me like before that ''first day'' you referred to, we had no knowlege of the existence of god. That effectively makes us atheists, it not?
Re: Jean Meslier - A Real Closet Atheist. by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jun 30, 2009
Tudór:

Well, it kinda sounds to me like before that ''first day'' you referred to, we had no knowlege of the existence of god. That effectively makes us atheists, it not?

No . . . your conscience is a constant reminder that there is a God. Its the reason so many of you atheists parade these boards in the first place.
Re: Jean Meslier - A Real Closet Atheist. by huxley2(m): 6:43pm On Jun 30, 2009
davidylan:

Rejected them both . . . i am ready to face the consequences if i'm wrong about them both.

"If you are wrong"?  Notice a touch of uncertainty there.  I thought you knew you could NOT possibly be wrong.  What is happening with your faith?  Has it now become a matter of playing odds?
Re: Jean Meslier - A Real Closet Atheist. by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jun 30, 2009
huxley2:

"If you are wrong"?  Notice a touch of uncertainty there.  I thought you knew you could NOT possibly be wrong.  What is happening with your faith?  Has it now become a matter of playing odds?

you're hunting for "uncertainty" where there is none. I categorically stated FIRMLY - i have rejected both allah and sussicorn. No moments hesitation, no uncertainty, no fear . . . i boldly reject them . . . period.
Re: Jean Meslier - A Real Closet Atheist. by Tudor6(f): 6:54pm On Jun 30, 2009
Davidylan Wait a minuite, are you saying we are born with a conscience?
What makes you so sure?
Re: Jean Meslier - A Real Closet Atheist. by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jun 30, 2009
Tudór:

Davidylan Wait a minuite, are you saying we are born with a conscience?
What makes you so sure?

You are born with a conscience dude . . .
Re: Jean Meslier - A Real Closet Atheist. by Tudor6(f): 8:32pm On Jun 30, 2009
That is a LIE from the pit of 'hell'. . . A new born baby has no sense of right and wrong. It's learned as one develops in the society.
Re: Jean Meslier - A Real Closet Atheist. by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jun 30, 2009
Tudór:

That is a LIE from the pit of 'hell'. . . A new born baby has no sense of right and wrong. It's learned as one develops in the society.

but hell doesnt exist no? grin You're more confused than you care to admit.

A new born baby has no sense of right or wrong NOT BECAUSE HE WASNT BORN WITH IT but because he doesnt have the mental capacity to articulate right or wrong! A new born baby isnt born with the ability to chew meat . . . does that mean we were all born NEVER to chew meat? You have to grow teeth first and strengthen your digestive system.

Have you ever taught a baby to lie? Have you ever taught a 3 yr old to pinch N5 from his mother's purse? Where did he learn this behaviour?
Re: Jean Meslier - A Real Closet Atheist. by Tudor6(f): 9:20pm On Jun 30, 2009
I KNOW Hell doesn't exist thats why i put it in quote as in 'hell'- shine your eyes shocked

Going by the falsehood you typed above it would mean animals have conscience too. Coz some can't chew initially but later learn when much developed.- however we all know animals have no conscience per se but possess basic survival instinct.
Babies are not neccesarily taught to lie , if a child throws down a toy and he's punished, next time the mum asks who did this, the child denies just to avoid punishment. This is basic survival instinct to avoid danger and move towards reward, similar to animals. The difference however is that we are social animals and are taught to survive within a set of rules made by society.
Re: Jean Meslier - A Real Closet Atheist. by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jun 30, 2009
Tudór:

Going by the falsehood you typed above

that's the problem arguing with you fishbrains . . . for you anything that doesnt toe the atheist line = falsehood.

Tudór:

it would mean animals have conscience too. Coz some can't chew initially but later learn when much developed.- however we all know animals have no conscience per se but possess basic survival instinct.
Babies are not neccesarily taught to lie , if a child throws down a toy and he's punished, next time the mum asks who did this, the child denies just to avoid punishment. This is basic survival instinct to avoid danger and move towards reward, similar to animals. The difference however is that we are social animals and are taught to survive within a set of rules made by society.

the above you typed here is bull. While there is learned behaviour there is also no denying the fact that we as humans are born imbued with a conscience . . . which you FALSELY and DELIBERATELY wish to call "basic survival instinct" . . . i.e. we are no different from animals.

Why then can animals not learn to speak english? Afterall we are all born just like them no? Why cant we just learn to moo and chew grass too. What makes us CLEARLY different from animals?

You used a scenario of the child being punished as reason why he learns to lie . . . but it is AN ACCEPTED FACT that children dont need to be punished to LEARN TO LIE . . . was the boy simply exercising "basic survival instinct" when he poked his hand into his mothers pot to steal meat? Who told him taking meat from the pot without asking was wrong?
Re: Jean Meslier - A Real Closet Atheist. by bindex(m): 10:16pm On Jun 30, 2009
davidylan:

It is simplistically stupid and false statements like this that get me shaking my head in wonder. There is a difference between the label "christian" and having a genuine relationship with Jesus Christ . . . i doubt you understand that difference.

Having a relationship with Jesus is not something you automatically inherit by birth, if not the sons of Eli would have been the best priests that ever lived and Samuel would not have needed to anoint Saul as King.

What is this fool saying?  . You are a christian because you were born into the religion, if you were born in saudi arabia you would have been waiting for allah to save your miserable ass and give you 72 virgins when you die.

What has having a relationship with an imaginary deity got to do with anything. Who were samuel and saul? did they know who Jesus was? 

davidylan:

Big world of difference . . .

being born an atheist implies God doesnt exist - A LIE.
Being born a sinner IMPLIES there is a God whose laws are eternal and which you are guilty of and for which you require the blood of the sinless Lamb to cleanse you from.

How do you know you are born a sinner? Because some goat hearders that lived thousands of years ago who thought the sun moves from place to place wrote that a man and woman were decieved to eat from a tree?  . Where is your evidence to show that people are born as  sinners? The bigger LIE is that there is an Imaginary god that exist. No god has ever told you that he exist all you have are the words of men who LIED that the earth was created before the sun, people who do not even know that we share our solar system with other planets telling you that you have to believe in their imaginations and fantasy. By the way what is sin?

davidylan:

No . . . your conscience is a constant reminder that there is a God. Its the reason so many of you atheists parade these boards in the first place.

That's your OWN opinion, My conscience tells me there is NO god. You parade the muslim board because your concience pricks you that allah is god and you are serving the wrong god. No?
Re: Jean Meslier - A Real Closet Atheist. by tpiah: 5:07pm On Jul 01, 2009
why are there no Catholics on this thread? Huxley says the person in the OP was a Catholic priest.

so why isnt any Catholic person answering him?
Re: Jean Meslier - A Real Closet Atheist. by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jul 01, 2009
Bindex . . . indeed God doesnt exist . . . enjoy your paranoia.
Re: Jean Meslier - A Real Closet Atheist. by Tudor6(f): 6:58pm On Jul 01, 2009
@davidylan
See how you shame and embarass yourself. . . So because animals can't speak english and we do it means humans have a conscience? It now takes conscience to learn english in the crazy world of davidylan- what a joke!

A child will steal meat from the pot to satisfy his desires whether hunger or greed, just the same way a goat will do. It's survival instinct.
Haven't you seen children take toys from other kids without any knowledge they've done wrong. If they were born with a conscience like you falsely claim they'd know they've done wrong.
In all cases it takes the parents to tell the child what's right and wrong according to their society.
A child born in a cannibal society will not think twice before devouring your hare-brained head,why?. . .because his society calls it right.
Re: Jean Meslier - A Real Closet Atheist. by bindex(m): 8:18pm On Jul 01, 2009
davidylan:

Bindex . . . indeed God doesnt exist . . . enjoy your paranoia.

davidylan: God exist and I know he does.
bindex: How do you know this.
davidylan: Because some king solomon said he exist.
bindex: who is king solomon.
davidyalan: He wrote a book saying that god told him to tell people that the sun moves from place to place and that life is useless.
bindex: Does the sun move from place to place shocked. Is that your evidence to show that god exist? The writings of a man that said god told him to tell you that the sun moves from place to place?
davidylan: Yes and what is wrong with that you fool? you son of satan, you disturbed soul, you idiot.
bindex: Enjoy your delusion grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Read This Article It Might Save Your Life: The Antidotes Of God / Problems With The Gospels: An Honest Survey For 4evergod (Part 1) / 21 Years In The Faith And I Have Not Tasted Alcohol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.