Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,186 members, 7,822,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Violation Of The Right To Religion Of Section 38 Of 1999 Constitution. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Violation Of The Right To Religion Of Section 38 Of 1999 Constitution. (1528 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: "Self Defence Is Entrenched In The Constitution" / For Fun - Popular Contributors To Religion Section / Who Invited Atheists To 'Religion Forum'? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Violation Of The Right To Religion Of Section 38 Of 1999 Constitution. by muhammadmuqtar(m): 6:55pm On Jan 29, 2016
It is with utmost disdain i read the presidency speech on the plan to ban the use of hijab or veils by muslim women in the country. It is hard to believe that our so called muslim brother- muhammadbuhari can utter that sword-like words in the public. Whats the essence of the constitution if we are denied of our right? Section 38 (1) of the 1999 constitution states that "every person shall be entitled to freedom of thought,conscience and religion, including freedom to change his religion or belief, and freedom to manifest and propagate his religion or belief in worship, teaching and observance" The use of hijab was not chosen by mosleem women but was mandated for them by God. So, why will the government deny them the right to worship and follow the guidelines of ALLAH subuanah watahlah?

I think this is an issue the muslim societies need to put at bay before it goes odd. lets fight for our right. JOIN THE CAMPAIGN!
Re: Violation Of The Right To Religion Of Section 38 Of 1999 Constitution. by Amberon: 7:38pm On Jan 29, 2016
Hypocrite Muslim. Did anyone stop you from practicing your religion?

Now, why should sharia law be enforced in any part of Nigeria, knowing fully well that Nigeria is not a Muslim country? isn't that hypocrisy?

Why should the senate sit down and legalize pedophilia, when the constitution of Nigeria stated that marriage certificates are only issued to adults (18+)? huh??

Why has Islam beclouded your reasoning. Countless number of people in recent times have perpetrated evil (bombings) wearing and disguising themselves with the hijab, and you sit here to talk about "religious tolerance"??

All over the world, which people are known for religious intolerance? Several times , Muslims butchered and killed Christians in the north and you sit here and utter thrash?

my cousin was almost killed by Muslim extremists in the north while she fled for her life, she even stepped on the bodies of dead Christians who had been butchered.

Churches are burnt down regularly in the north, how many mosques have been burnt in the south.

Religious tolerance your let balls. If you don't know what yo say then shut the hell up.

1 Like

Re: Violation Of The Right To Religion Of Section 38 Of 1999 Constitution. by scosco1: 8:00pm On Jan 29, 2016
Take a cue...

Re: Violation Of The Right To Religion Of Section 38 Of 1999 Constitution. by muhammadmuqtar(m): 9:33pm On Jan 29, 2016
May I ask if it was only christians these evil group butchered? did you know the estimation of mosques that were bombed? or should i go mentioning names of imam that were buried alive? of course this will occupy the whole page. This is just a camouflage, no religion ever preach terrorism and as a matter of fact this is a crystal proof that they do not belong to islamic community.
let me ask this question, will you be pleased if you are asked not obey the GOD who created you? so also the ban of veils is as being asked to go against His order and at the same time violating the human right section 38 and 42 stated in the 1999 constitution.

lets wage war against religious intolerance, it will be of benefit if we can be our brothers keeper. NO religion ever preach terrorism. Rights Of Every Nigerians Must Be Sustained. Thanks for your reply,i appreciate your fanatism.

1 Like

Re: Violation Of The Right To Religion Of Section 38 Of 1999 Constitution. by cbravo(m): 8:01am On Apr 19, 2017
Re: Violation Of The Right To Religion Of Section 38 Of 1999 Constitution. by cbravo2: 8:06am On Apr 19, 2017
Re: Violation Of The Right To Religion Of Section 38 Of 1999 Constitution. by akintom(m): 9:23am On Apr 19, 2017
muhammadmuqtar:
May I ask if it was only christians these evil group butchered? did you know the estimation of mosques that were bombed? or should i go mentioning names of imam that were buried alive? of course this will occupy the whole page. This is just a camouflage, no religion ever preach terrorism and as a matter of fact this is a crystal proof that they do not belong to islamic community.
let me ask this question, will you be pleased if you are asked not obey the GOD who created you? so also the ban of veils is as being asked to go against His order and at the same time violating the human right section 38 and 42 stated in the 1999 constitution.

lets wage war against religious intolerance, it will be of benefit if we can be our brothers keeper. NO religion ever preach terrorism. Rights Of Every Nigerians Must Be Sustained. Thanks for your reply,i appreciate your fanatism.

Stop this childish campaign. Religious intolerance, is the primitive mentality, that's prevalent amongst you folks, even in this 21st century.

Now, if i elect to say Allah or Mohammad is.......... The next thing you will do is shout BLASPHEMY to the roof top, until your fellow Muslims, will display the most horrific savagery.

Where you must start from, is to stop defending Allah or his Mohammad, in the most savagery manner.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/222641/false-dichotomy-moderate-muslims-vs-radicals-dr-majid-rafizadeh
Re: Violation Of The Right To Religion Of Section 38 Of 1999 Constitution. by urheme: 10:48am On Apr 19, 2017
muhammadmuqtar:
It is with utmost disdain i read the presidency speech on the plan to ban the use of hijab or veils by muslim women in the country. It is hard to believe that our so called muslim brother- muhammadbuhari can utter that sword-like words in the public. Whats the essence of the constitution if we are denied of our right? Section 38 (1) of the 1999 constitution states that "every person shall be entitled to freedom of thought,conscience and religion, including freedom to change his religion or belief, and freedom to manifest and propagate his religion or belief in worship, teaching and observance" The use of hijab was not chosen by mosleem women but was mandated for them by God. So, why will the government deny them the right to worship and follow the guidelines of ALLAH subuanah watahlah?

I think this is an issue the muslim societies need to put at bay before it goes odd. lets fight for our right. JOIN THE CAMPAIGN!

Your freedom of religion does not give you the right to dangerously encroach on the right of others as well......the same constitution abolished state religion.

the hijap has become a societal problem.....an attire for carrying weapons of mass destruction.....both male and female criminals could disguise in them......and beside....it does not look good and it is unhealthy......not only that,....it is not decent...mask is mask.....a tradition or religion that mask and hide people raises suspicion.

When your right conflict with that of the general public, you will be denied and even restrained......the hijab has nothing to do with the worship of your god......
Re: Violation Of The Right To Religion Of Section 38 Of 1999 Constitution. by urheme: 10:52am On Apr 19, 2017
scosco1:
Take a cue...

grin grin grin grin grin

I see somethings may be people that look like robbers

team "Ban Hijab"

(1) (Reply)

Proud To Be A Catholic / Adebayor Reveals Why He Converted To Muslim / Pastor Confesses To Using Black Magic To Grow His Church And Make Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.