Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,229 members, 7,829,396 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

Experience Of The Holy Spirit - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Experience Of The Holy Spirit (1284 Views)

The Fornication Of The Holy Spirit / "Buhari Will Bring Doom To Nigeria": Father Obimma, What Holy Spirit Told Me / The Holy Spirit Is Evil Spirit: Bible Evidence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Experience Of The Holy Spirit by Raphael81(m): 8:37pm On Jan 29, 2016
Shalom house, please can people share with me their experience and how they encountered the Holy Spirit, and how i can also make preparation to receive him also...Gracias

1 Like

Re: Experience Of The Holy Spirit by Amberon: 9:03pm On Jan 29, 2016
I wish to experience the holy spirit. I hear its a wonderful, breath taking, life changing experience. Can't wait for the "Midas touch" from the holy spirit.

1 Like

Re: Experience Of The Holy Spirit by chieveboy(m): 9:36pm On Jan 29, 2016
To do that, you have to be proactive and not 'wait for the angel of God to stir the water' you may risk waiting forever. So "ask and ye shall recieve" if your request is genuine. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Experience Of The Holy Spirit by seyipeters(m): 9:56pm On Jan 29, 2016
WoW! I'm glad people are seeing reasons to have the Holy Spirit.The Holy Spirit is a gift of promise from the Father and he gives to those that ask of him Luke 11:11. Pls can u contact me so we talk more on this. Whatsapp 08090909349 seyipeterson24@yahoo.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Experience Of The Holy Spirit by Raphael81(m): 9:57pm On Jan 29, 2016
seyipeters:
WoW! I'm glad people are seeing reasons to have the Holy Spirit.The Holy Spirit is a gift of promise from the Father and he gives to those that ask of him Luke 11:11. Pls can u contact me so we talk more on this. Whatsapp 08090909349 seyipeterson24@yahoo.com

ok bro i will
Re: Experience Of The Holy Spirit by Raphael81(m): 10:00pm On Jan 29, 2016
i feel complete whenever i read the word recently, cos i always have this deep emptiness most times, this yearning has been growing stronger hence i am looking for all ways to experience him personally
Re: Experience Of The Holy Spirit by Princewell2012(m): 10:24pm On Jan 29, 2016
seyipeters:
I will also add you on whassap thanks
Re: Experience Of The Holy Spirit by seyipeters(m): 6:07pm On Feb 17, 2016
The Work of the Holy Spirit at Creation

The Holy Spirit was present at the creation. Gen 1:2 says the earth was formless and empty,darkness was over the deep,and the 'Spirit' of God was hovering over the waters. Hovering means to linger in one place. Like he was waiting in a position but alive and ready. But wen God said let there be light, God actually spoke to the Spirit and he went and made all what God said. You will see how God kept saying from vs 2 to 24, and it was so. Psalm 104:30 clarifies this- When you send your Spirit, they are created... So the Spirit is always present at whatever God is creating.

The Holy Spirit is the third person of the Trinity. Trinity was coined from two words Tri and Unity. The three are in Unity. They operate as one. The same greek word used for husband and wife becoming one (Gen2:24) is also used for 'There are three that bear record in heaven,the Father, the Word and the Spirit: and these three are one. I believe that the Holy Spirit has an image and a likeness because God said in vs 26 that Let us make man in our own image and in our own likeness. Here he was talking to the Word (Jesus) and the Spirit. We were made in the Likeness of God the Father, God the Son and the Holy Spirit.

You know that the Holy Spirit is the spirit of God and John 3:34 says that For he whom God has sent speaketh the words of God,for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him. This implies that God gave Jesus the fullness of his Spirit and that was why many times Jesus will say if you have seen me,you have seen the Father, I and my Father :we are one etc.

Now coming to talk about the work of the Spirit at New creation.
In the old testament, the Spirit usually come upon men and use them to serve the purpose of God but the Spirit was never inside of them and that's why the Law was often read unto them. The prophecies and Scriptures was written by men when moved by the Holy Spirit. They were inspired by the Holy Spirit. And the prophecies that were written also was by the work of the Spirit. 2peter 1:21-For no prophecy was ever produced by the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along (moved) by the Holy Spirit.

John 3:5- Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit. This is the new birth and here the Holy Spirit recreate us. When we become born again, the Spirit comes into our life and we have a new nature. When this happens, we bear a new fruit by the Spirit in us. But the fruit of the Spirit is Love,Joy,Peace,Patience,kindness,goodness,faithfulness,gentleness and self-control...Gal 5:22. This is how you can recognize a born again.

Now, that alone is not the work of the Holy Spirit. He is the one that convicts sinners John 16:8. Also, the Holy Spirit comes upon a believer for service. When I say a believer, I meant a born again because the world cannot accept (receive)him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and shall be in you. John 14:17. The Holy Spirit gives a believer power to witness Christ,and this is the coming upon of the Holy Spirit. The evidence of this is speaking in tongues. And ye shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has Come upon you. And ye shall be witnesses of me in... So this is the second vital work of the Holy Spirit in the life of a believer. If you read the book of Acts,you will see how the Apostles preached with the power of the Holy Spirit. In Acts 2:14-39 you will see how peter stood amongst the disciples and spoke with boldness and how people got converted.

Remember that God gave Jesus the Spirit without measure. And the Holy Spirit descended upon him as a dove. He was tempted of satan and when he read from the book of the prophet,he said ; The Spirit of the Lord is 'UPON ME,for he has anointed me 'TO PREACH THE GOSPEL to the poor; he hath sent me TO HEAL THE BROKEN HEARTED... This prophecy was fulfilled when he returned in the power of the Spirit from the wilderness.

We cannot exceed the work of the Holy Spirit in the Scriptures, because he is at work in it by giving us understanding and revealing the truth to us 1Cor 2:1-16. Without him, the letters will kill us 2Cor 3:6 and without him, the Apostles would have been incompetent in their ministry 2Cor 3:4-6. We are also incompetent without the Holy Spirit in us.

The Promise of the Father
And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your
daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream
dreams, your young men shall see visions..Joel 2:28
After Jesus ascension,he received the promised gift from the Father and poured it upon the disciples having given them the instructions to tarry in the Jerusalem until they are fully endued with power from on high.
The coming of the Holy Spirit upon us,which is known as the baptism of the Holy Spirit;is what gives a believer boldness to witness Christ. Acts 2:8. Before the disciples received the baptism of the Holy Spirit, after Jesus resurrection,they locked themselves indoors in fear of the Jews. John 20:19. After they had tarried in the upper room,they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke in other tongues. Acts 2:1-4. This was not an experience that just came without an impact, but it indeed filled them with power and boldness to witness Christ everywhere(Acts 1:cool. Now, Peter is now able to stand and speak with boldness of heart.Acts 2:14-But Peter,standing with the eleven,raised his voice and addressed them...
Through out the book of Acts,we can see how the Apostles witnessed Christ by the power of the Holy Ghost in them.

The gifts of the Holy Spirit
Now,about the spiritual gifts(the special endowments of supernatural energy), brethern, I don not want you to be misinformed 1 Cor.12:1

It is so sweet to know that the Holy Spirit is the one that gives us the power to say Jesus is my Lord,for it is by the power of the Holy Ghost we can really publicly declare that Jesus is indeed my Lord and whoever is having that power and under the influence of the Holy Spirit cannot say that Jesus be cursed 1Cor.12:3.A good example was when peter denied Jesus three times and when he had received power,he stood up with boldness and spoke about Jesus.
Another benefits we will receive from the Holy Spirit are endowments (gifts and extraordinary powers distinguishing certain christians,due to the power of devine grace operating in their souls by the Holy Spirit) and they vary,but the Holy Spirit remains the same.
To one there is given through the Spirit a message of wisdom, to another a message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues, and to still another the interpretation of tongues. All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he distributes them to each one, just as he determines.

With the help of the Holy Spirit,I have been able to compile this very short note and I believe that when he prompts your heart to some places in the scriptures, he will as well give us the understanding when we both study and ask questions. I pray that the Holy Spirit will give you understanding as you meditate more on the Scriptures. Amen

1 Like

Re: Experience Of The Holy Spirit by Raphael81(m): 4:47pm On Mar 06, 2016
The Holy Spirit is so beautiful and real, i finally encountered him yesterday, a thrill of hope he is also generous
Re: Experience Of The Holy Spirit by Raphael81(m): 5:06pm On Dec 29, 2016
seyipeters:
Sup bro longest time
Re: Experience Of The Holy Spirit by Justmeal: 6:17pm On Dec 29, 2016
Raphael81:

Sup bro longest time

Whatsapp me pls 08122129471. Let's talk about Him and how to know him more. I have got a lot to say Bro. Thanks.
Re: Experience Of The Holy Spirit by Raphael81(m): 4:23pm On Aug 26, 2017
The more you look for God, the more you find him, we find God in our hearts not until we climb mountains, visit churches etc

Re: Experience Of The Holy Spirit by Raphael81(m): 9:43pm On Nov 15, 2017
Everyday we experience a new and fresh encounter with the Holy Spirit
Re: Experience Of The Holy Spirit by marttol: 7:44pm On Nov 16, 2017
Re: Experience Of The Holy Spirit by bluntspade: 9:47pm On Nov 27, 2019
Raphael81:
Shalom house, please can people share with me their experience and how they encountered the Holy Spirit, and how i can also make preparation to receive him also...Gracias
Looks like you made it. Can you tell us your experiences

(1) (Reply)

Who Created Cain's Wife? / Open Letter To Pastor W.F. Kumuyi On The Payment Of Missionaries / Why Don't Pastors Tithe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.