Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,002 members, 7,821,512 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

Searching For A Job? Look Inwards! - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Searching For A Job? Look Inwards! (4520 Views)

Does God Play Any Role In Searching/ Securing Of Jobs. / Automotive Designer; Searching For A Scholarship, To Study Abroad / Stop Searching For Job!!! Be Your Own Boss Today And Earn Like A Bank Manager (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Searching For A Job? Look Inwards! by edwinia(f): 2:35am On Nov 08, 2006
God bless nairalanders 4 making me discover that i truly have d key to my very own destiny Hope to share my testimony very very soon cheesy
Re: Searching For A Job? Look Inwards! by eolutosin(m): 7:37am On Nov 08, 2006

We all have a choice! A choice to attend the NYSC or not.

Well let me tell you, I regretted spending 5 years of my life in the University gaining nothing and I made up my mind NEVER to serve! Why should I waste another year on youth service? I was persuaded severely, told of some abstract consequences but I stood my ground.

So if some people decide to go and waste their time and lives by going into one bush or where ever to do something that won't influence their lives in any way, it is their choice.

I did attend the NYSC and I have never regret that decision. I would try to share my write-up on why one needs the NYSC still. NYSC is a actually another opportunity to prepare for what lies ahead.

If I may ask you Bola, why didn't you gain anything from the university? Whose fault? I can tell you that so many others are proud that they at least had the opportunity to pass through that system that you regret going through. It is all about perspective. What happens to you in life is not the fault of the system but rather a matter of how you are able to make use of the opportunities that are given to you per time. Anyway, let's start focusing on what we can do with our life,
Re: Searching For A Job? Look Inwards! by bolaoni(m): 3:38pm On Nov 08, 2006
Emmanuel,

As you rightly said, it is a matter of perspective. I have always promised myself that I won't EVER deceive myself. I gained NOTHING, academically, in the University. Imagine a Mechanical Engineering Student, NEVER doing any practical while in school? All the practicals we were supposed to do for the whole duration of my course, were given to us to do under two weeks and after writing our final paper! shocked

I was brought up to value hard work, but I got to the University to see that pocket pays more than brain. That first shocked me and before I could recover, I have lost interest in everything.

Regret may not be the right word anyway, I would have picked going to a computer school over the University going by what I know now. We all have our days of ignorance though and I thank God he helped me discover what I have been carrying inside myself all along.

If not for personal discovery and His grace, I would have been a frustrated person! cool

If others enjoyed their stay in the system for any reason, Good Luck! You know i said CHOICE is all that matters. kiss kiss kiss
Re: Searching For A Job? Look Inwards! by loma(m): 5:01pm On Nov 08, 2006
Emmanuel,
I hope you still keep your assortment of colored pens(blue,red and black).
Good write-up.

One of my guiding philiosophies has been" Where there is a need, there is an opportunity"
For instance, one of the crowd of jobseekers could have decided to provide seats,files, umbrellas,etc for the crowd,and from that instance set up a business to cater to job seekers everywhere.

Talking of job creation, the fact that you are an employee doesnt mean you cant also be an employer.
I work in the oil and gas industry outside Nigeria, yet I am an employer of labour in Nigeria because I have identified some needs which I have turned into opportunities for myself and others.

Keep the good work up.
Re: Searching For A Job? Look Inwards! by soki2ng(m): 5:31pm On Nov 08, 2006
yes you all dont have to contact me!!! but no its best to learn from some one who is already in the business, besides i gain if i teach you. If you dont want to learn from me visit www.google.com/adsense they own the business, but if you want to learn from me visit www.makemillions.tk, and contact me for more info, u asked how many times i have been paid, i got to tell you, since i dont have a computer at home, i have been paid only twice, u get paid once u reach a minimum of 100 USD, but they guy who taught me gets his cheque every month sometimes even 300, he has been paid over 10 times, its strictly advertising for google, and right now, this is one of my ad campaigns, talk to you later,
Re: Searching For A Job? Look Inwards! by eolutosin(m): 8:04am On Nov 09, 2006
hm, I have found out in life that everybody can not be employed even if every has the relevant skills required for the jobs. So, the earlier you get to discover what your passion is, the better. Whether we accept this reality or not, some of us must go out to create businesses.

The irony of life is that some of the people who are already employed are planning to resign from their offices so as to enable them fully pursue their passion while so many still queue behind them to take the jobs they are leaving behind. So, let us focus on discovering what we would rather do naturally without being paid. That is a clue to what we can do to make money. Let's keep look inward and do something,

Thanks for the reminder loma. If you do not mind, you can contact me via me@yemma.com.ng.
Re: Searching For A Job? Look Inwards! by bolaoni(m): 10:33am On Nov 09, 2006
@loma,

Great one! It has always being said that eyes that look are plenty but those that see are FEW!

Action is another word we all need to understand. There are so many people dreaming of the day they will start pursuing their dreams, but they wait too long dreaming and nothing happens.

Nairaland wouldn't have been in existence if all Seun did is dreaming. Your dream business will not come to reality if you don't do something NOW! There is no better time to do anything than NOW! It is all you have gotten.

Best of Luck! kiss wink
Re: Searching For A Job? Look Inwards! by mylife(f): 2:04pm On Nov 10, 2006
well dat was a gud write up well i must say this i am really glad all i will say is may God help us
Re: Searching For A Job? Look Inwards! by bolaoni(m): 6:23pm On Nov 10, 2006
God's help is always available. He is not a man that will lie.

We need to also take action as well. kiss
Re: Searching For A Job? Look Inwards! by osegwu(m): 4:02pm On Nov 11, 2006
What will be will be. He that will get a job will always get a job. It is a matter of opportunity and how fast and smart you are to identify the opportunity and snatch it before it snatch you. A country no matter how industrially developed ca never employ all her citizen so we as individuals should strive to do for ourselves what the country can not do for us. or better still instead of seaking for employment that is not forth coming, just go into politics at least that is where the money is now.
Re: Searching For A Job? Look Inwards! by eolutosin(m): 11:27am On Nov 14, 2006
What will be will be. He that will get a job will always get a job.
I do not agree that what will be will be. God has given some inherent ability with which we cann create our world. I believe that what you currently experience now is as a result of your actions yesterday. So, you really need to make a conscious effort to create the kind of life you want. The choice is yours to live out your dream.
Re: Searching For A Job? Look Inwards! by miftah: 9:46pm On Mar 29, 2008
:-x :-x :-x :-x
Re: Searching For A Job? Look Inwards! by seefar: 2:24am On Mar 30, 2008
Have you being searching for jobs and vacancies for ages without any help? Or you have been asked to pay some amount of money to get a job link? Well if you answered yes to any of the above questions then you are about to make your biggest discovery on how easy it is for you to find all the jobs you need in one place all for FREE.

All you need to do is visit http://joblinkage..com and you will have a sound reason to smile. We not only provide you with the links to the jobs and vacancies we also help you get read and prepared for interviews.

so you are welcome to your online job portal and biggest datebase of jobs and vacancies.

http://joblinkage..com smiley
Re: Searching For A Job? Look Inwards! by seefar: 7:51am On Mar 31, 2008
there are fresh job and vancancy update for those seeking for a job. so better hurry and apply as most will be closing by 1st of April 2008. Apply now at the link below.

http://joblinkage..com

(1) (2) (Reply)

Train On Wireworks And Beads In Just 2weeks / How To Get Started With CFA Program / Thread For Facilities Managers And Interests

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.