Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,122 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:29 AM

Criticism Won’t Stop Buhari’s Anti-corruption War –mohammed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Criticism Won’t Stop Buhari’s Anti-corruption War –mohammed (499 Views)

We Won’t Stop Bombing, Militants Tell FG / We Won’t Stop Pipeline Bombing - Niger-Delta Militants / I Won’t Stop Talking Of Corruption During Jonathan’s Govt—buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Criticism Won’t Stop Buhari’s Anti-corruption War –mohammed by Millz404(m): 8:27am On Jan 30, 2016
The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, has said that President Muhammadu Buhari will not relent in his war against corruption until the scourge is destroyed in the country.

He also called on Nigerians to join the battle against corruption in the country.

“This is not Buhari’s war; this is not the All Progressives Congress’ war. This is a war for all Nigerians and we must all join hands in waging the war,’’ Mohammed said while delivering a lecture on Friday at the Faculty of Arts, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Osun State.

He claimed that once the people were determined to fight corruption, they were assured of victory.

The minister said, ‘’No power has ever been great enough to defeat a people who are determined to win. Let us all form what I call citizens’ coalition against corruption by speaking up against the crime, refusing to glorify or support looters, irrespective of how much dirty cash they dangle before us, and refusing to be divided along religious or ethnic lines.”

While listing the effects of corruption in the nation, the minister said Nigeria lost $400bn in the oil sector alone, adding that so much money was stolen by corrupt leaders from the health, education, security and other sectors.

According to him, atrocities committed by the Boko Haram insurgents continued for many years because the funds allocated to buy weapons for the military were shared by some corrupt persons.

Apart from massive loss of lives and property, Mohammed stated that corruption in public office had caused endemic poverty, poor infrastructure and lack of qualitative health care, among other effects.

The minister, however, claimed that corruption had started fighting back, saying some of the corrupt persons had started hiring hack writers, pseudo analysts to attack the President’s war against corruption in the media.

He said, “On the part of government, let me reiterate what I said earlier that there is no stopping this fight. Those who doubt the resolve of this administration to successfully wage this battle will learn a tough lesson, a lesson of their lives.

“Failure is not an option in this fight. In the days ahead, we plan a road show of sorts on corruption sensitisation efforts.”

Mohammed decried the use of ethno-religious sentiment to weaken the anti-corruption war, but asked Nigerians to ignore the trick “because poverty and other effects of corruption did not discriminate between people according to ethnicity or religious beliefs.”

http://www.punchng.com/criticism-wont-stop-buharis-anti-corruption-war-mohammed/
Re: Criticism Won’t Stop Buhari’s Anti-corruption War –mohammed by adonbilivit: 8:29am On Jan 30, 2016
I just want to blow
Re: Criticism Won’t Stop Buhari’s Anti-corruption War –mohammed by madridguy(m): 8:35am On Jan 30, 2016
Ok
Re: Criticism Won’t Stop Buhari’s Anti-corruption War –mohammed by Millz404(m): 8:36am On Jan 30, 2016
I
adonbilivit:
I just want to blow

Blow trumpet?
Re: Criticism Won’t Stop Buhari’s Anti-corruption War –mohammed by adonbilivit: 8:37am On Jan 30, 2016
Millz404:
I
Blow trumpet?
no o, I want to blow blomblom

1 Like

Re: Criticism Won’t Stop Buhari’s Anti-corruption War –mohammed by AngryNigerian(m): 8:38am On Jan 30, 2016
Ok, next corruption-fight story please?

Someone should tell them that Nigerians want stories like Sam Egwu bags 10years imprisonment for dash dash dash, Saraki stripped off his post & heads to Enugu prisons: to spend 7 years there..something like this, eeheeeee!!!
Re: Criticism Won’t Stop Buhari’s Anti-corruption War –mohammed by McCarlito(m): 9:08am On Jan 30, 2016
This Lying Mohammed should go and look for a chair and sit at one corner jor....
If he's already sitting; he should go and look for a corner and stand jare..
Re: Criticism Won’t Stop Buhari’s Anti-corruption War –mohammed by chriskosherbal(m): 9:10am On Jan 30, 2016
Criticism is good it puts the government on his toe.
Re: Criticism Won’t Stop Buhari’s Anti-corruption War –mohammed by Nobody: 9:39am On Jan 30, 2016
Good
Re: Criticism Won’t Stop Buhari’s Anti-corruption War –mohammed by gbengaizzHe: 10:11am On Jan 30, 2016
Yeah. Buhari is a man with a strong heart who does what he wants to no matter the distraction..

Currently Lai Mohammed is on channels TV.. wailers pls tune in and be enlightened

(1) (Reply)

Briscoe Helicopter Gone Missing / What Is Politics To Your Own Understanding / Breaking News!!! Udom Defeats Umana At The Supreme Court!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.