Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

Tolu Ogunlesi: "I Didn't Write The Economist 'Ineffectual Buffoon' Article" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tolu Ogunlesi: "I Didn't Write The Economist 'Ineffectual Buffoon' Article" (17415 Views)

''Tolu Ogunlesi Wrote "The Economist" Article Calling GEJ ineffectual Buffoon'' / Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" / THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tolu Ogunlesi: "I Didn't Write The Economist 'Ineffectual Buffoon' Article" by TheophilusA: 8:45am On Jan 30, 2016
Award-winning journalist Tolu Ogunlesi has dismissed allegations that he wrote the article which described ex-president Dr. Goodluck Jonathan as "an ineffectual buffon who let politicians and their cronies fill their pockets with impunity". In a series of tweets, Tolu Ogunlesi said: "I'm surprised and amused by the allegations that I wrote or contributed to the Economist 'ineffectual buffoon' piece. I did not. While flattered to be associated with the Economist, whose literary style I immensely admire, I cannot claim ANY credit for that piece.I am not and have never been one to be anonymous when making journalistic comments about people. I do not hide behind anonymity.I will be sending a letter to the online publication that fabricated the allegation, asking for a retraction and a public apology.Moral of the Story: beware of rumours that cause those who fall for them to tweet like ineffectual buffoons."

http://dawntodusknews.com/tolu-ogunlesi-i-didnt-write-the-economist-ineffectual-buffoon-article-on-jonathan/

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tolu Ogunlesi: "I Didn't Write The Economist 'Ineffectual Buffoon' Article" by TheophilusA: 8:46am On Jan 30, 2016
Re: Tolu Ogunlesi: "I Didn't Write The Economist 'Ineffectual Buffoon' Article" by lekan008(m): 8:48am On Jan 30, 2016
This space is not available for sale.

Bro. Tolu is known for peace and he's a peace journalist.
This FTC is dedicated to all single NAIRALANDERS

2 Likes

Re: Tolu Ogunlesi: "I Didn't Write The Economist 'Ineffectual Buffoon' Article" by DropShot: 8:49am On Jan 30, 2016
Whether he wrote it or not, GEJ was and is an Ineffectual Buffoon. No apologies.

If not, where was he when our treasury was being shared by Dasuki to every Obanikoro, Metuh, Bafarawa, Jaafar Isa, Yuguda, Haliru Bello, Dokpesi and co?

138 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Tolu Ogunlesi: "I Didn't Write The Economist 'Ineffectual Buffoon' Article" by chriskosherbal(m): 8:50am On Jan 30, 2016
Is time for denial right..hmmmm

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tolu Ogunlesi: "I Didn't Write The Economist 'Ineffectual Buffoon' Article" by SUPERPACK: 8:52am On Jan 30, 2016
ineffectual buffoon

8 Likes

Re: Tolu Ogunlesi: "I Didn't Write The Economist 'Ineffectual Buffoon' Article" by KINGwax007(m): 8:53am On Jan 30, 2016
We knw u didn't. Why u go talk thru proxy? Since wen did u start that?

But the ineffective Buffon must stick

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tolu Ogunlesi: "I Didn't Write The Economist 'Ineffectual Buffoon' Article" by Aufbauh(m): 8:56am On Jan 30, 2016
"My mother said to me, if you are a soldier, you will become a general, if you are a monk, you will become the Pope. Instead i was a president, and became an INEFFECTUAL BUFFON" - GEJ cheesy

Meanwhile the TANOID cum IPOB are serial losers both in propaganda and in election!

63 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Tolu Ogunlesi: "I Didn't Write The Economist 'Ineffectual Buffoon' Article" by mars123(m): 9:01am On Jan 30, 2016
the more GEJ buys international awards, the more he gets international reject...Even though he is enjoying himself today, i feel kinda sorry for him.

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tolu Ogunlesi: "I Didn't Write The Economist 'Ineffectual Buffoon' Article" by AtlanticBreeze: 9:03am On Jan 30, 2016
Mr man shut up pls. You wrote the piece. you have been busted. You thought The Economist non disclosure policy of writers will save you this time. hack writer doing hatchet jobs

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tolu Ogunlesi: "I Didn't Write The Economist 'Ineffectual Buffoon' Article" by AtlanticBreeze: 9:06am On Jan 30, 2016
DropShot:
Whether he wrote it or not, GEJ was and is an Ineffectual Buffon. No apologies.
while Buhari is an Ineffectual dullard and you, an Ineffectual zombie.. yeye

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tolu Ogunlesi: "I Didn't Write The Economist 'Ineffectual Buffoon' Article" by ShakurM(m): 9:07am On Jan 30, 2016
I knew it. Tolu Ogunlesi is too professional for that. He would have rather done it in a subtle manner. But GEJ deserves the name sha angry

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tolu Ogunlesi: "I Didn't Write The Economist 'Ineffectual Buffoon' Article" by Nobody: 9:08am On Jan 30, 2016
AtlanticBreeze:
Mr man shut up pls. You wrote the piece. you have been busted. You thought The Economist non disclosure policy of writers will save you this time. hack writer doing hatchet jobs
the onus is on you to prove that he wrote it.

Meanwhile...

[img]http://nairaland.com/attachments/3345401_img20160129073906_jpega2853da92d007e71b583c32fab56aef5[/img]

68 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tolu Ogunlesi: "I Didn't Write The Economist 'Ineffectual Buffoon' Article" by modath(f): 9:13am On Jan 30, 2016
AtlanticBreeze:

Where is the letter The Economist wrote to you confirming the spurious allegation you & your paid online hacks fabricated

Na wah for una ooo... Una nor fit see any project to fruition, every move is a failure, back to back, no clear objective, just clutching at straws upandan!! sad

I won't call Clueless Hero his new appellation but he it fits him to a T, going by the mediocre propaganda his support base put up!!! Each time, gets shut down with speed!!

Y'all are bunch of learners!

I expect abuses, so keep it coming... yeye! smiley

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tolu Ogunlesi: "I Didn't Write The Economist 'Ineffectual Buffoon' Article" by grandstar(m): 9:15am On Jan 30, 2016
I concur. Does Ogunlesi have a super grasp of economics? The Economist only deals with the very best in that field. They are 2nd to none.

2 Likes

Re: Tolu Ogunlesi: "I Didn't Write The Economist 'Ineffectual Buffoon' Article" by mars123(m): 9:17am On Jan 30, 2016
the more GEJ buys international awards, the more he gets international reject...Even though he is enjoying himself today, i feel kinda sorry for him.

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tolu Ogunlesi: "I Didn't Write The Economist 'Ineffectual Buffoon' Article" by DropShot: 9:23am On Jan 30, 2016
AtlanticBreeze:

while Buhari is an Ineffectual dullard and you, an Ineffectual zombie.. yeye
Try harder next time grin

The only person with the adjective of "Ineffectual" is GEJ. You can try as hard as you wish, it won't stick on any other. The Ineffectual Buffoon indeed!
cheesy grin

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tolu Ogunlesi: "I Didn't Write The Economist 'Ineffectual Buffoon' Article" by AtlanticBreeze: 9:24am On Jan 30, 2016
I challenge him to go to court if he is confident of himself.. that he didn't pen the said aarticle.. Bunch of liars

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tolu Ogunlesi: "I Didn't Write The Economist 'Ineffectual Buffoon' Article" by onomeasike: 9:31am On Jan 30, 2016
Anybody who believes that Tolu wrote that Article is An Ineffectual Buffoon

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tolu Ogunlesi: "I Didn't Write The Economist 'Ineffectual Buffoon' Article" by AtlanticBreeze: 9:31am On Jan 30, 2016
mars123:
the logic of ineffectual zombies..

7 Likes

Re: Tolu Ogunlesi: "I Didn't Write The Economist 'Ineffectual Buffoon' Article" by Nobody: 9:36am On Jan 30, 2016
AtlanticBreeze:
I challenge him to go to court if he is confident of himself.. that he didn't pen the said aarticle.. Bunch of liars
who is he going to take to court?

IPOB Youths like you? grin

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tolu Ogunlesi: "I Didn't Write The Economist 'Ineffectual Buffoon' Article" by OVI75(m): 9:38am On Jan 30, 2016
The paid article,its the handwork of APC they ahv become unlike the Britons they have devised fr dem selvs "confuse distract and loot".ders is hunger in d land.APC face it and solve it.

6 Likes

Re: Tolu Ogunlesi: "I Didn't Write The Economist 'Ineffectual Buffoon' Article" by 1wolex85: 10:14am On Jan 30, 2016
Re: Tolu Ogunlesi: "I Didn't Write The Economist 'Ineffectual Buffoon' Article" by Nobody: 10:16am On Jan 30, 2016
why won't he deny it, when he has realized how stupid he was! BTW he's asking for an apology! GEJ never demanded that!

2 Likes

Re: Tolu Ogunlesi: "I Didn't Write The Economist 'Ineffectual Buffoon' Article" by 1wolex85: 10:17am On Jan 30, 2016
OVI75:
The paid article,its the handwork of APC they ahv become unlike the Britons they have devised fr dem selvs "confuse distract and loot".ders is hunger in d land.APC face it and solve it.

**** not comment on a subject on which you do not have a good grasp of. In that same article, Buhari was accused of destroying the economy and making the same mistakes he made 30 years ago, are you saying APC wrote this? everything is not pdp vs apc

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tolu Ogunlesi: "I Didn't Write The Economist 'Ineffectual Buffoon' Article" by 1wolex85: 10:21am On Jan 30, 2016
AtlanticBreeze:
But what is so hard in providing conclusive proof if you guys feel he actually did it? You can't accuse someone out of the blues without a shred of evidence and ask him to go to court to prove his innocence! how does that work?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tolu Ogunlesi: "I Didn't Write The Economist 'Ineffectual Buffoon' Article" by kingdompropty: 10:25am On Jan 30, 2016
Who is tolu? They will soon shock him! The publishers mentioned insider information and his style of writing betray him.

1 Like

Re: Tolu Ogunlesi: "I Didn't Write The Economist 'Ineffectual Buffoon' Article" by missKiffy(f): 10:48am On Jan 30, 2016
Wailers are just something else, after wailing endlessly about Jonathan being called an ineffectual buffoon, one of them now cooked up a story that Tolu Ogunlesi wrote the article, d rest of them as usual quickly believe it cos it suits what they hear, I just pity for this people, bitterness and hate is eating them up

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tolu Ogunlesi: "I Didn't Write The Economist 'Ineffectual Buffoon' Article" by StOla: 11:06am On Jan 30, 2016
AtlanticBreeze:

You wrote the article. I say so because I feel like it.

Now go to court and prove you did not write it.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tolu Ogunlesi: "I Didn't Write The Economist 'Ineffectual Buffoon' Article" by AtlanticBreeze: 11:17am On Jan 30, 2016
DropShot:

Try harder next time grin

The only person with the adjective of "Ineffectual" is GEJ. You can try as hard as you wish, it won't stick on any other. The Ineffectual Buffoon indeed!
cheesy grin
while the coward that called GEJ has denied doing so, I will never deny calling you an ineffectual zombie and your god buhari an ineffectual dullard cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Tolu Ogunlesi: "I Didn't Write The Economist 'Ineffectual Buffoon' Article" by LesbianBoy(m): 11:18am On Jan 30, 2016
Lies! Its only a FOOL that will expect him to say "I wrote it"

1 Like

Re: Tolu Ogunlesi: "I Didn't Write The Economist 'Ineffectual Buffoon' Article" by vedaxcool(m): 11:21am On Jan 30, 2016
grin now wailers wail on something new

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Won't Reply Tinubu Now, Oyegun Says / Buhari May Live Longer Than Those Peddling His Death Rumour —oshiomhole / Vote APC Out If We Fail To Tackle Unemployment -Throwback Tweet Of Bukola Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.