Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,222 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

Jonathan Relegates Obasanjo To Local League - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Relegates Obasanjo To Local League (38414 Views)

Fayose Wants Obasanjo To Refund The N10m Donation He Made Towards His Library / Olusegun Obasanjo To Folorunsho Alakija: 'Madam, I Made You A Billionaire' / Obasanjo To Buhari: 'Begin Anti-Corruption War With Yourself, Osinbajo, Saraki' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Relegates Obasanjo To Local League by datigbogirl: 12:10pm On Jan 30, 2016
praxisnetworks:

This doctor again..... Kingtom please do the needful NMA needs to re check his certificates for validity

What annoys me is when ignorant people try to make a point...so NMA is d board dat verifies certificate? That's why Nigerians will say Chemist and even Herbalist are better dan dr Doctors and dy end up loosing dr lives all due to whatever issues dy got in dem.

and d Kingtom too dey laugh instead of him to set the buffoon straight.

Nairaland has only section to me: Joke.
Re: Jonathan Relegates Obasanjo To Local League by puffcity: 12:10pm On Jan 30, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
Wailers won't seize to amaze me.

You mean the meaningless awards from unrecognised organisations he goes about buying are what makes him miles ahead of the man that got him to power?

Do you know anything about OBJ at all?

You must be a Fan of the Ineffectual Buffoon.
I guess u v no idea who's OBJ is? A leader of d xleaders in d whole world including ur so call hero......lols, my friend Atom lim s a special adviser to OBJ on special duty, they just came back from USA dis week, nothing I said nothing can be done in world that OBJ will not b involved. Pls let Google tell u who OBJ is.
Re: Jonathan Relegates Obasanjo To Local League by SonOfEl(m): 12:12pm On Jan 30, 2016
scholes0:

He did what he was expected of him, shikena.
You loose an election, you VACATE the house premises.

Only in Africa is Jonathan seen as any sort of Hero for relinquishing power, because of the abysmally low standards that is expected of Africans......
Who praises Clinton, Bush or Gordon Brown for handing over leadership to their predecessors....... smh

Its only wishful to think that Buhari, Tinubu, obj and co would not be too selfish and greedy to relinquishing power... I will forever respect GEJ

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Relegates Obasanjo To Local League by SonOfEl(m): 12:13pm On Jan 30, 2016
puffcity:
I guess u v no idea who's OBJ is? A leader of d xleaders in d whole world including ur so call hero......lols, my friend Atom lim s a special adviser to OBJ on special duty, they just came back from USA dis week, nothing I said nothing can be done in world that OBJ will not b involved. Pls let Google tell u who OBJ is.

Yoruba chest beating as usual

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Relegates Obasanjo To Local League by KingTom(m): 12:14pm On Jan 30, 2016
datigbogirl:

What annoys me is when ignorant people try to make a point...so NMA is d board dat verifies certificate? That's why Nigerians will say Chemist and even Herbalist are better dan dr Doctors and dy end up loosing dr lives all due to whatever issues dy got in dem.

sorry sir Oya make I cry. cry cry
Re: Jonathan Relegates Obasanjo To Local League by menesheh(m): 12:16pm On Jan 30, 2016
OVI75:
Truth is am pro-Jonathan,BT the way this European peeps be doin d award tinzy may present a bad precedent like African laedrs do any poo while in office, contest,read the handwriting on d wall early enuf they are gonna loose,quickly call their oponent to conceed defeat,get some form of international immunity by signing a peace accord shud the dog and babboon theorist loose there be peace,after handing ova international awards start pouring in.

Ooh for your mind, you think it is so easy to relinquish power like that. Your imaginations had very much failed you.
Re: Jonathan Relegates Obasanjo To Local League by signz: 12:19pm On Jan 30, 2016
Truth is that OBJ after handing over to a civilian govt in 1979 became a poster boy for the west.

Now OBJ is old and Africa needs a new poster and GEJ happens to be the new bloke in town after handing over to Buhari.

Believe it or not, GEJ has now joined Abdulsalam Abubakar and OBJ as the face of western interest in Africa.
Re: Jonathan Relegates Obasanjo To Local League by NovusHomo(m): 12:20pm On Jan 30, 2016
APCHaram:
Since leaving office, former President Goodluck Jonathan has out-staged obasanjo within the international community.

Now all we see of Obasanjo is attending local events were he spews his hypocritical rants about the state of the polity.

The only international event Obasanjo has attended since GEJ left office was as an appointed Nigerian election monitoring envoy - a position made possible by Buhari.

Goodluck is now out shining Obasanjo and he is not finding it funny.

This is why he will in the coming months begin to slander Jonathan just as the likes of oshiomole and falana have been doing with Ngozi Iwella.

There is a Jewish saying that states; " the best form of revenge, is to live good".

Oga Jonah and Madam Ngozi keep shining so that your dark enemies will die of jealousy.

Nigga please!
Re: Jonathan Relegates Obasanjo To Local League by praxisnetworks: 12:20pm On Jan 30, 2016
datigbogirl:

Y quote a supposedly ignorant person mdcn president... Will you face front with your basic looking face!
Re: Jonathan Relegates Obasanjo To Local League by able20(m): 12:22pm On Jan 30, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
Wailers won't seize to amaze me.

You mean the meaningless awards from unrecognised organisations he goes about buying are what makes him miles ahead of the man that got him to power?

You started again, This your frustration go soon give you heart attack and back to your depression.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Relegates Obasanjo To Local League by GworoChewinMaga: 12:23pm On Jan 30, 2016
signz:
Truth is that OBJ after handing over to a civilian govt in 1979 became a poster boy for the west.

Now OBJ is old and Africa needs a new poster and GEJ happens to be the new bloke in town after handing over to Buhari.

Believe it or not, GEJ has now joined Abdulsalam Abubakar and OBJ as the face of western interest in Africa.

Actually you are getting it all wrong.

GEJ was booted out by the west for not playing ball and for moving too close to China.

It is the current clueless govt that is a western puppet as we all know his campaign was guaranteed from the White house complete with a borrowed change slogan and Obama's personal campaign manager to boot.
Re: Jonathan Relegates Obasanjo To Local League by anonimi: 12:24pm On Jan 30, 2016
doctokwus:
An ineffectual buffoon relegating a man that contested the UN secretary general position and came 3rd,is current head of Congress of ex heads of states and is engaged in one international assignment or another!
Tell us something!!.

YOU tell us something. angry
What international assignment is the Ebola Owu doing now?
Hope you don't come with a list of international oloshos that the Agbaya of Otta is shining their congos.
Or are you not talking about this man who RUINED us for eight years

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2829397_screenshot201412071133571_jpeg8e776d1183226bc80c2560544562a452

NIGERIA: Why Obasanjo's war on corruption is faltering

lagos, 30 July 2004 (IRIN) - When President Olusegun Obasanjo took office in 1999, ending more than 15 years of corrupt and often brutal military rule, he declared it was the end of "business as usual" with graft.

Corruption, he said, was a cancer that had debilitated the Nigerian state and frustrated development efforts, despite the country's huge oil riches. It was,therefore, an enemy to be fought until it retreated.

The first bill which Obasanjo sent to the national legislature after he took office proposed the creation of new anti-graft body, the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC).

Corruption watchdog undermined by low funding

When the bill became law a year later, after overcoming resistance by legislators who sought to weaken its provisions, Justice Mustapha Akanbi - a retired president of the Federal Appeal Court - was named to head the new commission.

But four years later, it has yet to secure any significant conviction.

On the contrary, all the signs are that corruption is spreading and that Obasanjo is losing the war he declared on bribes and kickbacks.

Nigeria's rating by the Berlin-based corruption watchdog, Transparency International, has not improved at all. It remains at the bottom of the table, with only Bangladesh rated as a worse place in which to do business.

More from: http://www.irinnews.org/report/50876/nigeria-why-obasanjo-s-war-on-corruption-is-faltering

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2467944_obasanjotransparencyrating2004_jpegf577f3dadf99ddddb409ec370bb5548d

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Jonathan Relegates Obasanjo To Local League by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jan 30, 2016
EmtolalaaPRAISE:

O shut up stupid? Does it look like UN and the officials can be bought? Be here hating on the blessed man! Retard!
when did UN give him an award?
Re: Jonathan Relegates Obasanjo To Local League by blackpriest0911: 12:27pm On Jan 30, 2016
The person that wrote this crap has water and cotton wool in his or her head
Re: Jonathan Relegates Obasanjo To Local League by hush15: 12:29pm On Jan 30, 2016
osikiabu:
I just pity the generation of youths in this country. Take or leave it Obj had made a great impact on the life of the ordinary masses of this country that history can never forget he is that leader that raised the standard of living of teachers to where it is today.During his regime for the first time teachers could afford to buy cars.pls just mention one impact that GEJ can be rememberd for?.

To start with, the legacy of peaceful transitioning on the African continent. May not be the first but he is definitely the second to sustain it. That's a lesson for Buhari himself to learn to live and let others live.

The concept of peace and unity which he clearly demonstrated by proofing his political ambition is not worth the blood of Nigerians.

The concept of patriotism which he demonstrated by extending a hands of fellowship and congratulating the then president elect putting Nigeria first

Or is it the maturity displayed before, during and after public service. He doesn't run his mouth anyhow inspite of the mouth diahorrea of the ruling party inspite being in power. He is teaching them how to play positive and collaborative politics unlike OBJ that massacre an entire village for no good reason. He should be in ICC prison now sef rotting away along with his hypocrisy

Let's go to economic situation,

Whatever or however it is, it is on record that Nigeria became the number 1 economy in Africa. It's no gainsay. The only government to reduce fuel price twice in a 6yr tenure. Obasanjo increased it more than 3times. Buhari couldnt even do a naira reduction even when a barrel of crude is less than 35dollars.

So far, all the economic direction of the government of today has been harsh, unconducive and the national economic condition keeps nosediving. I really want him to do better cos it is affecting me too. £s is 422 to a naira as at today.

Is it the judicial freedom or electoral independence and strengthening of institutions unlike the impunity we hear of today by security agencies or the social freedom compared to what we have today.

When Jonathan mentioned economic saboteurs, everybody was saying there is nothing like that. Buhari is shouting the same thing and everyone be like o yes...

Hypocrisy is all time high in the history of this nation.

Jonathan is an exceptional leader. He had not just impact but positive impact on our economy and nation. Like every human, he has his own setbacks and challenges but that's not enough to overshadow his good deeds and impact. And as far as I am concerned, he did much better than obj and earned any accolade given to him

Chikena

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Relegates Obasanjo To Local League by naijaict: 12:31pm On Jan 30, 2016
Anyways, stealing is not corruption.
Re: Jonathan Relegates Obasanjo To Local League by Stylz69(m): 12:33pm On Jan 30, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
Wailers won't seize CEASE to amaze me.

Abeg, check my signature to know why Girls don't reply your bbm and whatsapp chats jare.
I'm just helping you correct your spelling so people don't call you a misspelling Buffoon. SEIZE and CEASE may sound alike but they don't mean the same thing. Thank you sir

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan Relegates Obasanjo To Local League by nickxtra(m): 12:33pm On Jan 30, 2016
J
APCHaram:
Since leaving office, former President Goodluck Jonathan has out-staged obasanjo within the international community.

Now all we see of Obasanjo is attending local events were he spews his hypocritical rants about the state of the polity.

The only international event Obasanjo has attended since GEJ left office was as an appointed Nigerian election monitoring envoy - a position made possible by Buhari.

Goodluck is now out shining Obasanjo and he is not finding it funny.

This is why he will in the coming months begin to slander Jonathan just as the likes of oshiomole and falana have been doing with Ngozi Iwella.

There is a Jewish saying that states; " the best form of revenge, is to live good".

Oga Jonah and Madam Ngozi keep shining so that your dark enemies will die of jealousy.

You are ignorant of the happenings in and outside Nigeria. I wonder the Obasanjo you are referring to! Is it the same Obasanjo that is AU and Commonwealth Chairperson on South Sudan crises resolution? Is the same Obasanjo that is a Special Envoy to the President on Equatorial Guinea? Is the same Obasanjo that is an Honorary member of AU general assembly? Is it the same Obasanjo no foreign Head of state comes to Nigeria without meeting with him? Is the same Obasanjo that the Government of Colombia approached to help meet with Buhari on way of collaborating to fight terrorism? Is the same Obasanjo that many governors in the Nigeria want do anything to just host?(Pls go and get your self schooled in nigeria and international politics.
Re: Jonathan Relegates Obasanjo To Local League by pabjo: 12:36pm On Jan 30, 2016
[quote author=bloodyBLOGGER post=42456137]Wailers won't seize to amaze me.

Abeg, check my signature to know why Girls don't reply your bbm and whatsapp chats jare.op explain who obj is and what relevant have he contribute to nigeria out shining
Re: Jonathan Relegates Obasanjo To Local League by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jan 30, 2016
Back to back since 2015

From one interational meeting to another.

If u need d meetings, come and take d passport

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Relegates Obasanjo To Local League by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jan 30, 2016
Stylz69:

I'm just helping you correct your spelling so people don't call you a misspelling Buffoon. SEIZE and CEASE may sound alike but they don't mean the same thing. Thank you sir
thanks very much.

No one is above making mistakes in the circle of Synonyms.
Re: Jonathan Relegates Obasanjo To Local League by datigbogirl: 12:47pm On Jan 30, 2016
praxisnetworks:

Y quote a supposedly ignorant person mdcn president... Will you face front with your basic looking face!

oh so you now know it's MDCN ryt?
Re: Jonathan Relegates Obasanjo To Local League by datigbogirl: 12:48pm On Jan 30, 2016
KingTom:
sorry sir Oya make I cry. cry cry
kids.
Re: Jonathan Relegates Obasanjo To Local League by robosky02(m): 12:50pm On Jan 30, 2016
ok

Re: Jonathan Relegates Obasanjo To Local League by lmureli: 1:07pm On Jan 30, 2016
doctokwus:
An ineffectual buffoon relegating a man that contested the UN secretary general position and came 3rd,is current head of Congress of ex heads of states and is engaged in one international assignment or another!
Tell us something!!
GEJ can buy all the awards he can,but just as operates in the civilized world,we now have a govt that will bring any criminal to book,particularly one who commits crimes against the state,no matter the number of awards or who awards it.
GEJ wud sooner than later outshine OBJ in a prison cell.
Don't mind these sycophants jare they are as dull as their hero..they don't seek knowledge, they just post anything that makes the feel good...that's why they are called wailers..people who complain senselessly

I bet they didn't kno obasanjo was on his way to observe the Presidential elections in ivory coast 3months ago when he had that accident, and they also don't kno that
He was one of the speakers at the
Annual Global African Investment forum, which took place on 1st to 3rd December, 2015 at Westminster, Central London, it was attended by African Heads of States Ministers, Private equity firms and investors to discuss opportunities for investment and development in African Economies.
They are comparing wit the mumu awards that the organizers are not known
Re: Jonathan Relegates Obasanjo To Local League by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jan 30, 2016
praxisnetworks:

Not good
Re: Jonathan Relegates Obasanjo To Local League by klax(m): 1:18pm On Jan 30, 2016
able20:

You started again, This your frustration go soon give you heart attack and back to your depression.

Pls prescribe drug for him before his blood presure explode.
Re: Jonathan Relegates Obasanjo To Local League by turnup05: 1:18pm On Jan 30, 2016
[quote author=osikiabu post=42460419]I just pity the generation of youths in this country. Take or leave it Obj had made a great impact on the life of the ordinary masses of this country that history can never forget he is that leader that raised the sta

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Relegates Obasanjo To Local League by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jan 30, 2016
Says who? Who knows if Jonathan would have committed suicide due to his re-election lose, hence the international invitation to take away his mind from that colossal lose.
Re: Jonathan Relegates Obasanjo To Local League by bubbleslink: 1:25pm On Jan 30, 2016
Funny, internationally recorgnised awards are not bought buh merited! wink Observation was made, you can only prove it wrong no critisize! quote author=bloodyBLOGGER post=42456137]Wailers won't seize to amaze me.

Abeg, check my signature to know why Girls don't reply your bbm and whatsapp chats jare. [/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Won In Kaduna On Muslim-Muslim Ticket - El-Rufai / You Are Better Off In Benin Republic, Buhari Tells Nigerians Living There / Soldier Henry Edobor Reunites With His Daughter. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.