Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,820 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

Jonathan Relegates Obasanjo To Local League - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Relegates Obasanjo To Local League (38419 Views)

Fayose Wants Obasanjo To Refund The N10m Donation He Made Towards His Library / Olusegun Obasanjo To Folorunsho Alakija: 'Madam, I Made You A Billionaire' / Obasanjo To Buhari: 'Begin Anti-Corruption War With Yourself, Osinbajo, Saraki' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Relegates Obasanjo To Local League by Orikinla(m): 11:15am On Jan 30, 2016
MicTayor:
What is wrong with Nigerians? It is not about who outshines who but who has ruled this country better. None has passed the litmus test.

[size=18pt]Chief Olúṣẹ́gun Ọbásanjọ́ is the Father of Modern Democracy in Nigeria.
As the first Yoruba Head of State of the Federal Republic of Nigeria he conducted a peaceful presidential election and restored Nigeria to democratic rule with the Second Republic after 9 years of military rule.

On 1 October 1979, Obasanjo handed power to Shehu Shagari, a democratically elected civilian president, hence becoming the first military head of state to transfer power peacefully to a civilian regime in Nigeria. In late
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olusegun_Obasanjo
[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Relegates Obasanjo To Local League by AOIF(m): 11:15am On Jan 30, 2016
scholes0:

He did what he was expected of him, shikena.
You loose an election, you VACATE the house premises.

Only in Africa is Jonathan seen as any sort of Hero for relinquishing power, because of the abysmally low standards that is expected of Africans......
Who praises Clinton, Bush or Gordon Brown for handing over leadership to their predecessors....... smh
You Nailed It All, Because Jonathan Left Office After His Defeat In The Last Election Some People Have Turned Him To Their Demigod. What An African System Of Reasoning! Even Some People Don't Understand Liberal Democracy.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Relegates Obasanjo To Local League by GworoChewinMaga: 11:18am On Jan 30, 2016
islandmoon:
that was a man who didnt pay salaries but instead preferred to use the little that belong to the poor for Arms deals, sharing it for dasuki, obanikoro and others!! OP, Obasanjo is known as a father in Africa anyday anytime! and we can only be sure of your claim after jonathan has stepped out to talk about arms deal

Keep lying

From this your post I now know that you remain jobless.

Go and ask any civil servant if Jonathan ever owed them salaries

Go and ask them when they collected salaries compared to now.

Keep lying to your jobless self
Re: Jonathan Relegates Obasanjo To Local League by Urine: 11:23am On Jan 30, 2016
This section is a huge comic relief.
Re: Jonathan Relegates Obasanjo To Local League by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 11:23am On Jan 30, 2016
sokera:
I don't care what the world think about OBJ or GEJ , what I know is that Buhari defeated GEJ, Buhari is more respected in the world than GEJ ... God bless Buhari
Same Buhari dat was defeated by GEJ in 2011 and has lost elections 3 times before now? You are a clown!
Re: Jonathan Relegates Obasanjo To Local League by Fongido(m): 11:27am On Jan 30, 2016
bobchigar:
Pack well joor. Who is GEJ to compare with OBJ. GEJ is too small to withstand the comparism.
GEJ is too small to withstand the comparism because OBJ is not only a thief but abomination doer who slept with his daughter inlaw so you can't compare a good and educated man like GEJ with such shameless fool
Re: Jonathan Relegates Obasanjo To Local League by Nobody: 11:30am On Jan 30, 2016
Lol... grin I still dont see him ruling Nigeria plus he is only dancing to his masters flute..the white man..Obj on d oda hand is in Naija strengthening his new party (APC)
PDP is fallen yet GEJ dy form Ajala d traveller..lol

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Relegates Obasanjo To Local League by Abugab(m): 11:32am On Jan 30, 2016
OBJ has been at the international scene since 1970 after the civil war till date.
Are you referring to GEJ's sudden emergence with nameless awards not mentioned by any known or unknown international media except from the Wailers platforms?

When you talk about being international, GEJ is still unborn where OBJ is.

That's the fact.
Daz all

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Relegates Obasanjo To Local League by oz4real83(m): 11:33am On Jan 30, 2016
"I must post something even if na nonsense". That is the rationale behind this your post. Hate him or love him,Gej can never get to the level of Obj. It won't take a heck for Gej to be in prison if Obj wants it even though they are both ex-presidents and also thieves!!! They are not equal!!!
Re: Jonathan Relegates Obasanjo To Local League by rusher14: 11:34am On Jan 30, 2016
YelloweWest:
GEJ was by far better than obj as president.

Of course he was .

Can't you see he left more money in our foreign reserves such that when the price of oil, our major export, began to drop our currency remained strong.

Do you remember how young men fresh out of universities were being employed in IT, banking, embarking on international scholarship without much fear of tomorrow? Jonathan was exceptional.

He employed Ngozi a second time such that our economy grew in leaps and bounds and we are the envy of Africa today.

He fought Boko Haram to a standstill with no controversy concerning purchase of arms, none concerning dishing out monies to the ruling party.

Lastly, he united Nigerians more than ever before. Can't you see how unlike the past you don't need to mention what part of the country you are from when responding to any thread on Nairaland or indeed any social media platform.

Jonathan must be president once again.

How we miss those days.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Relegates Obasanjo To Local League by gigabyte13: 11:36am On Jan 30, 2016
See as this one they reason like coconut and who take GEJ's words serious? Say for his fellow losers and looters.
Re: Jonathan Relegates Obasanjo To Local League by maddock(m): 11:37am On Jan 30, 2016
Dandeson1:
The problem with this country is not bad leaders, no no no... its is the stuppid blind followers like the op and all of us supporting PDP or APC .... what is the use of the topic, obasanjo failed with Niger delta militants, Goodluck failed with BokoHaram, They are both Kings of thieves that's y we haven't achieved anything prudent since 1999... and you way never chop belleful dey here dey fool yourself, I pity your generation animal.

God bless you jare. I have always said we should stop looking at the leadership in nigeria and start taking a critical look at the followership because therein lies the real problem. If people or youth could be arguing over issues that are non issue like this, then am afraid it would take a while for Nigeria to come out of the doldrums.

Well on the brighter side I guess it's joblessness that's the cause, maybe when jobs are created people would be too tired after work to come spew thrash.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Relegates Obasanjo To Local League by wristbangle: 11:38am On Jan 30, 2016
drss:
hahahahahahaha correct talk. D baboon at ota farm is envious of GEJ rising international status.

Bros, can you see that you don't have common sense? undecided

Agreed is the baboon of ota farm but his products still contribute to food security in the nation.

What I can't stop thinking about is what has the ineffectual buffoon produced to sustain Nigerian lives.
Re: Jonathan Relegates Obasanjo To Local League by lmureli: 11:40am On Jan 30, 2016
Obasanjo is a member of Club de Madrid,[36] an independent non-profit organization created to promote democracy and change in the international community. Its members are over 100 former democratically elected Presidents and Prime Ministers from more than 60 countries.

In March 2008, Obasanjo was indicted by a committee of the Nigerian parliament for awarding $2.2bn-worth of energy contracts during his eight-year rule, without due process. The report of this probe was never accepted by the whole Nigerian parliament due to manipulation of the entire process by the leadership of the power probe committee. It is not on any official record that Chief Obassanjo was indicted.[37]

Obasanjo is a member of the Africa Progress Panel (APP), a group of ten distinguished individuals who advocate at the highest levels for equitable and sustainable development in Africa. Every year, the Panel releases a report, the Africa Progress Report, that outlines an issue of immediate importance to the continent and suggests a set of associated policies. In 2012, the Africa Progress Report highlighted issues of Jobs, Justice, and Equity.[38] The 2013 report will outline issues relating to oil, gas, and mining in Africa.

Obasanjo was recently appointed Special Envoy by UN Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon to the war-torn Democratic Republic of the Congo. He has held separate meetings with DRC President Joseph Kabila and rebel leader Laurent Nkunda.

Remembered he had an accident on his way to ivory coast...to observe the Presidential election abt 3months ago.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Relegates Obasanjo To Local League by wristbangle: 11:40am On Jan 30, 2016
Dandeson1:
The problem with this country is not bad leaders, no no no... its is the stuppid blind followers like the op and all of us supporting PDP or APC .... what is the use of the topic, obasanjo failed with Niger delta militants, Goodluck failed with BokoHaram, They are both Kings of thieves that's y we haven't achieved anything prudent since 1999... and you way never chop belleful dey here dey fool yourself, I pity your generation animal.

Spot on bro.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Relegates Obasanjo To Local League by Darayola(m): 11:40am On Jan 30, 2016
APCHaram:
Since leaving office, former President Goodluck Jonathan has out-staged obasanjo within the international community.

Now all we see of Obasanjo is attending local events were he spews his hypocritical rants about the state of the polity.

The only international event Obasanjo has attended since GEJ left office was as an appointed Nigerian election monitoring envoy - a position made possible by Buhari.

Goodluck is now out shining Obasanjo and he is not finding it funny.

This is why he will in the coming months begin to slander Jonathan just as the likes of oshiomole and falana have been doing with Ngozi Iwella.

There is a Jewish saying that states; " the best form of revenge, is to live good".

Oga Jonah and Madam Ngozi keep shining so that your dark enemies will die of jealousy.

I hope you know OBJ is currently the chairman of the world past presidents forum?.....
I hope you know the impact of OBJ tearing his PDP membership card on GEJ internationally?
I hope you know GEJ's reactions to OBJ has caused him and the nation more harm than good?
....OBJ is in all ramification a grandfather to GEJ....
Re: Jonathan Relegates Obasanjo To Local League by momentoftruth: 11:42am On Jan 30, 2016
doctokwus:
An ineffectual buffoon relegating a man that contested the UN secretary general position and came 3rd,is current head of Congress of ex heads of states and is engaged in one international assignment or another!
Tell us something!!
GEJ can buy all the awards he can,but just as operates in the civilized world,we now have a govt that will bring any criminal to book,particularly one who commits crimes against the state,no matter the number of awards or who awards it.
GEJ wud sooner than later outshine OBJ in a prison cell.
your hatred is hereditary go for deliverance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Relegates Obasanjo To Local League by lmureli: 11:46am On Jan 30, 2016
rusher14:

Of course he was .

Can't you see he left more money in our foreign reserves such that when the price of oil, our major export, began to drop our currency remained strong.

Do you remember how young men fresh out of universities were being employed in IT, banking, embarking on international scholarship without much fear of tomorrow? Jonathan was exceptional.

He employed Ngozi a second time such that our economy grew in leaps and bounds and we are the envy of Africa today.

He fought Boko Haram to a standstill with no controversy concerning purchase of arms, none concerning dishing out monies to the ruling party.

Lastly, he united Nigerians more than ever before. Can't you see how unlike the past you don't need to mention what part of the country you are from when responding to any thread on Nairaland or indeed any social media platform.

Jonathan must be president once again.

How we miss those days.

Lovely...wish people can be objective like this
U are d the kind of person I will like to call fellow Nigerian.. Not the sycophants we have today

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Relegates Obasanjo To Local League by osikiabu(m): 11:48am On Jan 30, 2016
I just pity the generation of youths in this country. Take or leave it Obj had made a great impact on the life of the ordinary masses of this country that history can never forget he is that leader that raised the standard of living of teachers to where it is today.During his regime for the first time teachers could afford to buy cars.pls just mention one impact that GEJ can be rememberd for?.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Relegates Obasanjo To Local League by doctokwus: 11:49am On Jan 30, 2016
momentoftruth:
your hatred is hereditary go for deliverance
Go tell that to the airforce fighter pilots that were forced to fly a helicopter with defective rotor blades.
In China GEJ wud be loved by the gods to get just life jail term.Its because of actions like that that has seen China become the 2nd largest economy in the world.
Re: Jonathan Relegates Obasanjo To Local League by hush15: 11:50am On Jan 30, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
Wailers won't seize to amaze me.

You mean the meaningless awards from unrecognised organisations he goes about buying are what makes him miles ahead of the man that got him to power?

Do you know anything about OBJ at all?

You must be a Fan of the Ineffectual Buffoon.

Awesome, a voice from a fan of a grossly incompetent dullard...

How interesting

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Relegates Obasanjo To Local League by momentoftruth: 11:52am On Jan 30, 2016
doctokwus:

Go tell that to the airforce fighter pilots that were forced to fly a helicopter with defective rotor blades.
In China GEJ wud be loved by the gods to get just life jail term.Its because of actions like that that has seen China become the 2nd largest economy in the world.
in China, where would Tinubu, obj, fashola, ameachi, rauf, Rochas etc be
Re: Jonathan Relegates Obasanjo To Local League by hush15: 11:54am On Jan 30, 2016
doctokwus:

Another fan with a Playa Haterz Degree (PHD) of a grossly imcompetent dullard identified...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Relegates Obasanjo To Local League by hush15: 11:56am On Jan 30, 2016
momentoftruth:

How do say hades on Chinese... That's where. I suppose...
Re: Jonathan Relegates Obasanjo To Local League by doctokwus: 11:59am On Jan 30, 2016
momentoftruth:
Who cares,they can all be imprisoned if found guilty of any crime.But none supervised manslaughter by allowing money meant for arms to be shared just for re election.The graves are full of military men who were it possible wud wish GEJ wud be sent to the hottest parts of hell.
Re: Jonathan Relegates Obasanjo To Local League by momentoftruth: 12:00pm On Jan 30, 2016
hush15:

How do say hades on Chinese... That's where. I suppose...
hahaha don't mind the hypocrite
Re: Jonathan Relegates Obasanjo To Local League by banmee(m): 12:03pm On Jan 30, 2016
vikacydevato:
That bold step he took, during the last election has earned him so much respect

What bold step?
Re: Jonathan Relegates Obasanjo To Local League by kachnov(m): 12:04pm On Jan 30, 2016
The Young shall grow...the envious shall die.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Relegates Obasanjo To Local League by momentoftruth: 12:09pm On Jan 30, 2016
doctokwus:

Who cares,they can all be imprisoned if found guilty of any crime.But none supervised manslaughter by allowing money meant for arms to be shared just for re election.The graves are full of military men who were it possible wud wish GEJ wud be sent to the hottest parts of hell.
oga you are just an hypocrite, i can tell you, you know nothing about the arms deal, arms have been bought and it is what the soldiers are using now, this one you are using media to try them was just looted but Recorded as though it's for arms.

secondly, after the looting of the military era, that is most conspicuously IBB to Abubakar,

OBJ IS THE REASON NIGERIA IS IN THE STATE TODAY.

GO AND CHECK THE PRICE OF FUEL IN 1998,

Obj himself looted funds for power sector, police equipment funds, just to mention a few, just this 2 mentioned above is about $20billion, did you shout??

He has played a key part in who becomes the new president whether good or bad.

I'll stop here, today He is celebrated by APC.

oga look for better things to do than hate, as for Gej he is not smelling any prison
Re: Jonathan Relegates Obasanjo To Local League by teepain: 12:09pm On Jan 30, 2016
lmureli:

Lovely...wish people can be objective like this
U are d the kind of person I will like to call fellow Nigerian.. Not the sycophants we have today

Bros the person you quoted is being satirical. He was not praising GEJ

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Burial Of Shiite Members Shot Dead By Soldiers In Abuja (Photos) / Osinbajo Storms Cinema To Watch 'Chief Daddy' Movie / Sanwo-Olu: I Called Buhari Twice, But I Have Not Spoken To Him Yet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.