Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,906 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

Ooni Of Ife Visits Awujale Of Ijebuland (Photos) - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Of Ife Visits Awujale Of Ijebuland (Photos) (30432 Views)

Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri / Sikiru Adetona, Awujale Of Ijebu Is Dead / Amosun Reconciles Awujale Of Ijebuland And Alake Of Egbaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Awujale Of Ijebuland (Photos) by Jobabori(m): 1:33pm On Jan 30, 2016
ijebubabe:

Yes ooooooo. I like the fact that he knows the "line of hierarchy" in Yoruba land. grin

Who is the alake when the Awujale of the wonderful ijebu empire is there? kiss

Who is the olubadan when Aalafin of Oyo is there? grin

You are an enemy of Yoruba race. Your intention is to continue nurturing the hierchical feud among our Obas which the new Ooni is trying to bury. He cannot visit all Oba at the same time neither can he visit all Obas. Ibadan that you mentioned is not having an Oba at present, whom did you expect him to visit there.? He is visiting the Obas because he is a man of peace. If he is a man of discord like you, he could have expected the Obas to pay homage to him. I advise you to stop this message of rebellion among the Yorubas. Remember the history of Basorun Gaa and Afonja and desist from being a promoter of disunity among the Yorubas.

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Awujale Of Ijebuland (Photos) by AreaFada2: 1:33pm On Jan 30, 2016
birmingham04:
That is the reason we need more youth in the seat of power I mean the youths who are positive thinker like his HRM Oni of Ife. If am right shower me with like.

True.

But a thank you tour is normal after ascending the throne. Maybe elderly monarchs cannot take the rigour of it. Younger ones can.

The Oba of Benin did a nationwide thank you tour in the early 80s after coronation about a year or two earlier.

I had relatives in the convoy.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Awujale Of Ijebuland (Photos) by oxyG: 1:36pm On Jan 30, 2016
englishmart:
nothing historic about visiting a place where everybody visits

You must be an BIAFRAN
Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Awujale Of Ijebuland (Photos) by Jobabori(m): 1:37pm On Jan 30, 2016
gcode123:

He can only visit the Alake the rest are meant to visit him.
The new face of Yoruba race, the Ooni of Ife is not thinking in this your line of thought.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Awujale Of Ijebuland (Photos) by Jobabori(m): 1:38pm On Jan 30, 2016
gcode123:

He can only visit the Alake the rest are meant to visit him.

The new face of Yoruba race, the Ooni of Ife is not thinking in this your line of thought.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Awujale Of Ijebuland (Photos) by ideylaff: 1:56pm On Jan 30, 2016
ademega:
short of words honestly.... this king is great. it's not like normal king that sits in the place expecting stolen money from subjects and politicians. let me say... I see this king becoming the president one day

hey not so fast buster.. calm down... don't let EFCC come after him ooo

His case file will just be opened again ni oooo

He does not need any money since Jagaban is looking after things
Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Awujale Of Ijebuland (Photos) by less20: 2:00pm On Jan 30, 2016
[quote a
Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Awujale Of Ijebuland (Photos) by tpiar: 2:24pm On Jan 30, 2016
Shymm3x:
Lol. Awujale got the second visit after the Alaafin of Oyo lol.

To all the illiterates and ignorant folks who love arguing - the Ooni of Ife just displayed true history without speaking about it. That is how you know a true Yoruba King with knowledge of history.

Proud of the Ooni of Ife - a true Ife royalty with knowledge of history and bridge builder.

I believe the visit is related to attempts to track "Ijebus" in Nigeria although it could also be a general courtesy call, among other things.

However, tracking "Ijebus" via Ogun state might not really yield accurate information since "Ijebu" is not necessarily a name of origin but more of a descriptive title.

Owu was the first kingdom established by Oduduwa, going by legend, so its very naive to assume this is a one up on Abeokuta.

Not at all
Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Awujale Of Ijebuland (Photos) by ladycomfort(f): 2:26pm On Jan 30, 2016
Emeniyen:

For your scam using the bible, the curse of the Lord shall be upon u and ur family. This year, you shall make money only to treat sickness. I m still fasting this morning, your resources shall be used to buy you drugs. You are cursed as from today and it shall be upon u in everything you do. You shall run and never meet up. You shall beg your mate before you could eat. From the depth of my soul as I am waiting, so shall it be in Jesus name. Except u repent and refund ALL.
. Please how did the person with that moniker scammed you.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Awujale Of Ijebuland (Photos) by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jan 30, 2016
This palace is beautiful
Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Awujale Of Ijebuland (Photos) by tpiar: 3:10pm On Jan 30, 2016
cdapsin:
endtime

true that.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Awujale Of Ijebuland (Photos) by flavourwole: 3:36pm On Jan 30, 2016
Other Kings and Governors must emulate this young King of our time.He just bought buses worth #56m 4 his people in ile-ife 4 transportation.to empower youth and cater 4 20,000 widows.1million gbosas 4 him joor.have never heard any king does that .

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Awujale Of Ijebuland (Photos) by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jan 30, 2016
AdeniyiA:
The Ooni is true a follower of our Lord Jesus Christ, what do you expect? The Lord Jesus is taking over....
he is a true follower of Mohammed too. after all, he sat on the floor and prayed with mosque when he visited us too.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Awujale Of Ijebuland (Photos) by bigfrancis21: 5:25pm On Jan 30, 2016

(1) (2) (3)

Masquerade Spotted Dancing Zanku / Leg Work On The Street(video) / Know Truth About Agwu Spirit And Your Destiny / Olubadan, Lekan Balogun Dies At 81

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.