Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,806 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

6 Ways You Can Prevent Razor Bumps - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / 6 Ways You Can Prevent Razor Bumps (28450 Views)

Getting Rid Of Razor Bumps / For Men: 5 Ways To Prevent And Treat Razor Burn / Season 1: Green Aso Ebi Styles That Will WOW You And Give You Goose Bumps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Ways You Can Prevent Razor Bumps by Aminat508(f): 2:01pm On Jan 30, 2016
[img]http://3.bp..com/-hmdtQ6-mIvY/VqybZUZ5XsI/AAAAAAAACBo/GwjAGbbgajs/s320/62615-bump-photo3.jpg[/img]
Razor bumps can occur on the face of any man who shaves, but if you shave correctly and treat your skin right prior to and after shaving, soft and bump-free skin is more likely to be yours when you step out of the bathroom.
Guys Here Are 6 Ways You Can Prevent Bumps.

1. Single-edge razor blade

[img]http://4.bp..com/-wA5mNZWoq7Q/Vqyd5IjaVsI/AAAAAAAACB0/HwcF664BUtY/s320/Ever-Ready-USA-Single-Edge-Razor-1950s-310_detail.jpg[/img]
Shave with a sharp, single-edge razor blade. Avoid using razors with more than one blade, as they give a closer shave. Shaving too close to the skin will cut the hair at a level that lies beneath the surface of the skin, which will increase the possibility that curly hair will curl downwards and back into the skin before it has the chance to break the surface of the skin.

2. Exfoliating scrub

[img]http://2.bp..com/-EWPYl7gyGnE/VqyfTkMf6yI/AAAAAAAACCE/RSCUcaGADx0/s320/2158764.jpg[/img]
Exfoliate your skin with an exfoliating scrub and warm water prior to shaving. This will help to clear out the pores, remove dead skin and even the skin tone. After exfoliating, massage warm water into the hair you’ll be shaving to help soften the hairs

3.Moisturizing shaving cream

[img]http://1.bp..com/-1B_2ZStmOJI/VqyezRdBFUI/AAAAAAAACCA/-252hQPDhoI/s1600/300.jpg[/img]
Apply a thick layer of moisturizing shaving cream to the wet hair. Leave the shaving cream to sit on your skin for about one minute before shaving to allow it to completely coat the hairs

4.Shave in the direction that the hair is growing

[img]http://4.bp..com/-psXgHaKPlqA/Vqyh_mx9-wI/AAAAAAAACCY/b36JhSNHfJ4/s320/Neville-shave-guide-image-5.jpg[/img]
Shave in the direction that the hair is growing, rather than in the opposite direction. Shaving in the opposite direction of the hair growth gives you a closer shave.

Avoid pulling the skin taut while shaving, and don’t go over the same area more than a couple of times, as this, too, will shave the hair too closely. Rinse your skin with cool water and pat it dry with a soft towel

5. Hydrating aftershave solution

[img]http://1.bp..com/-fepGCdcSEPo/Vqyi5W54boI/AAAAAAAACCk/SZ5I5x8ekhM/s320/NiveaMen-Max-Hydration.png[/img]

Apply a hydrating aftershave solution to your skin immediately after shaving. Look for products that contain ingredients like tea tree oil, witch hazel or aloe. These products will reduce discomfort and redness and help to prevent razor bumps. Stay away from alcohol-based products, which can dry out the skin and give it an ashy appearance

6. Washcloth

[img]http://1.bp..com/-pivo34ehd1w/VqypJECO2zI/AAAAAAAACC0/e-x8ZxMP09o/s320/washcloth.jpg[/img]
The first day after shaving, gently massage the freshly shaven skin with a dry washcloth before bed to help loosen and remove dead skin, as this helps to prevent hairs from curling back into the skin.

Razor bumps are not as bad as they may seem as long as you follow the afformentioned steps you will be fine.

Source: http://www.amiloaded.com/2016/01/guys-here-are-6-ways-you-can-prevent.html?m=0

21 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 6 Ways You Can Prevent Razor Bumps by Funjosh(m): 2:16pm On Jan 30, 2016
smiley Thank You For remembering we the men this time smiley

Their was a time I wish I had irungbon, but now I wish it just stop growing sad

13 Likes

Re: 6 Ways You Can Prevent Razor Bumps by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jan 30, 2016
Well done op! This is so needed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: 6 Ways You Can Prevent Razor Bumps by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jan 30, 2016
I hate this crap so bad, very irritating especially when the person sweats. lipsrsealed
Why I use scissors,yeah it was difficult to learn tongue
Re: 6 Ways You Can Prevent Razor Bumps by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jan 30, 2016
blublahd:
I hate this crap so bad, very irritating especially when the person sweats. lipsrsealed
Why I use scissors,yeah it was difficult to learn tongue

Wait.... So men with full facial hair don't suffer from this problem

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 6 Ways You Can Prevent Razor Bumps by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jan 30, 2016
Nubian113:

Wait.... So men with full facial hair don't suffer from this problem
I have seen such depends on how you take care of yours, especially those who use straight razors and shaving cream.
So I improvised with a scissors, but mine hasn't grown fully. tongue

1 Like

Re: 6 Ways You Can Prevent Razor Bumps by Ahmed4002(m): 3:53pm On Jan 30, 2016
Where my military men.

Mopol
Customs
Naval
Oga at the top
DSS

Etc

Cc Ibnsultaan

2 Likes

Re: 6 Ways You Can Prevent Razor Bumps by sukkot: 6:44pm On Jan 30, 2016
hookay
Re: 6 Ways You Can Prevent Razor Bumps by ritababe(f): 6:46pm On Jan 30, 2016
I don't know but this sound funny
Re: 6 Ways You Can Prevent Razor Bumps by Aare2050(m): 6:46pm On Jan 30, 2016
ok
Re: 6 Ways You Can Prevent Razor Bumps by ladyF(f): 6:46pm On Jan 30, 2016
Very educating

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Ways You Can Prevent Razor Bumps by henxhenry: 6:48pm On Jan 30, 2016
Helpful

1 Like

Re: 6 Ways You Can Prevent Razor Bumps by airsaylongcon: 6:49pm On Jan 30, 2016
The simplest way to prevent bumps is to shave daily. I shave with Gillette 5 blades with zero problems. Shave with the grain rather than against
Re: 6 Ways You Can Prevent Razor Bumps by pretydiva(f): 6:49pm On Jan 30, 2016
Seen
Re: 6 Ways You Can Prevent Razor Bumps by Occurstaem(m): 6:50pm On Jan 30, 2016
This is very helpful.Thanks.
mentorandfriend also had created a similar thread, but those mods are busy with Tonto Dike's posts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Ways You Can Prevent Razor Bumps by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jan 30, 2016
Shave your beards into a stubble and this problem would remain a thing of the past.

1 Like

Re: 6 Ways You Can Prevent Razor Bumps by lexicot: 6:52pm On Jan 30, 2016
Electronic clipper works for me. After shaving I use soap and water to clean off the shaved area.

I tried using the usual shaving stick once and it was not good..

The major setback with electronic clipper is when you are far from the city and there is no access to electricity.

What a coincidence: I just finish shaving about 5 minutes back.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Ways You Can Prevent Razor Bumps by Rapsowdee01(m): 6:52pm On Jan 30, 2016
HOW WILL I KNOW THE DIRECTION IN WHICH MY HAIR GROWS na ?

3 Likes

Re: 6 Ways You Can Prevent Razor Bumps by NnaekweC(m): 6:52pm On Jan 30, 2016
Referring to a friend
Re: 6 Ways You Can Prevent Razor Bumps by tunwumi: 6:53pm On Jan 30, 2016
Ok
Re: 6 Ways You Can Prevent Razor Bumps by thefakestan: 6:53pm On Jan 30, 2016
You no put those 100naira creams for park.

ThefakeStan
Re: 6 Ways You Can Prevent Razor Bumps by Kangol99(m): 6:53pm On Jan 30, 2016
Ok, Thanks so much!
Re: 6 Ways You Can Prevent Razor Bumps by missdebs(f): 6:53pm On Jan 30, 2016
e be like say op dey advertise Nevis. we have seen
Re: 6 Ways You Can Prevent Razor Bumps by shotgun22(m): 6:53pm On Jan 30, 2016
ritababe:
I don't know but this sound funny
why? you don't shave??
Re: 6 Ways You Can Prevent Razor Bumps by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jan 30, 2016
Thanks a million

1 Like

Re: 6 Ways You Can Prevent Razor Bumps by shotgun22(m): 6:54pm On Jan 30, 2016
ladyF:
Very educating

ehn..kilode?

1 Like

Re: 6 Ways You Can Prevent Razor Bumps by DirtyGold: 6:55pm On Jan 30, 2016
Why use razor when a clipper is readily available?

Seems this op likes men... grin

What's tha business?
Re: 6 Ways You Can Prevent Razor Bumps by SeedofAfrica(m): 6:55pm On Jan 30, 2016
Beards in men are so terrible sometimes that you wish it could be prevented totally.

some men know how to maintain it while in some, it is usually disgusting.
A bunch of thanks to the Op for the piece. very educative
Re: 6 Ways You Can Prevent Razor Bumps by thefakestan: 6:56pm On Jan 30, 2016
Looking for smth like NL rule 17.
Re: 6 Ways You Can Prevent Razor Bumps by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jan 30, 2016
ladyF:
Very educating

Honey hope you've learnt a thing or two to use on your beards.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Ways You Can Prevent Razor Bumps by Escobapablo(m): 6:57pm On Jan 30, 2016
Just rub jik of hypo after shave n was off after 5min. Even if u hv d worst skin, bums will be a thing of d past.

1 Like

Re: 6 Ways You Can Prevent Razor Bumps by Herrmes: 6:58pm On Jan 30, 2016
Why the hell would I shave my facial hair that low? It's my thing of pride

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The African Woman, When?� / Photo Of A Man Proudly Wearing Weave-on / Meet Egunyinka Oluwatosin, Nigeria's Rep At The Miss Globe World Finals 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.