Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,859 members, 7,813,935 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:59 PM

The African Woman, When?� - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / The African Woman, When?� (28436 Views)

Wedding Styles For African Woman – Aso Ebi Styles 2021 / The African Stars Reality Tv Show / Latest Ankara Styles Ideas For African Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

The African Woman, When?� by Yashita: 9:59pm On Dec 26, 2023
African/Nigerian women love hair attachments and wigs. I just don’t like putting on my head anything that is not growing naturally from my head.

These Asian women that we see their hair as the world’s standard of beauty carry their natural hair year in year out all through the seasons (winter/summer/spring/fall) taking care of their hairs with their locally made products and never feeling the need to wear wigs to “protect” their hairs during harsh seasons.

In fact, when I get rich, I’d like to start a movement/NGO to help African women emancipate themselves from mental slavery. Our natural Afro hair should be our standard of beauty.

We can research and locally produce hair care products and accessories. Grants would be given to researchers/manufacturers of Afro hair products.

Natural Afro hair stylists will be rewarded from time to time.

Schools and higher institutions will be visited often time to sensitise people/girls/women to embrace their Afro hair and be stylish with it.

There’d be a TV show/program where natural hair carriers would creatively style their hairs and earn like BBN, etc.

When would this start? cry

165 Likes 19 Shares

Re: The African Woman, When?� by watchwoski(m): 10:46pm On Dec 26, 2023
okay oo i hope to see if that is really going to work

3 Likes

Re: The African Woman, When?� by Yashita: 5:35pm On Dec 28, 2023
Dear MOD, let's push this to front page to get more sensitization.

Modified: I am a woman who has also lived in an Asian country for 2 years and got really worried why these race of women don't put unnatural hair on, but black women die for their hair in imitation.

And the reality is, these Asian countries saw the black woman's craziness and thirst for their own hair and decided to milk us out. I'm talking billions of dollars on a yearly basis.

We need to reorient ourselves, African woman!

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The African Woman, When?� by accordadoga21(f): 8:34pm On Dec 28, 2023
Hehehe

Goodluck!!!

I stopped wearing wigs 5 years ago

68 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The African Woman, When?� by 1Alex: 8:35pm On Dec 28, 2023
You don't have to be rich to start the movement. Just start, you'd be surprise to see influencial people that will promote it.

105 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The African Woman, When?� by DDIA: 8:35pm On Dec 28, 2023
grin

How will these Nairaland mother hens and vultures feel with this?

grin Make I no call hanty names make one of their moderator sympathizers come ban me grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The African Woman, When?� by BusterG: 8:35pm On Dec 28, 2023
I'm a guy and i honestly support this.

The one that baffles me is when seeing African ladies wearing wigs abroad.
Like WTF, how do you expect the people who you bought their hair to admire you.

TEAM NATURAL HAIR/AFRO/DREADS/DIDI/ALLBACK........ ANYDAY ANYTIME TWICE ON A THURSDAY

95 Likes 9 Shares

Re: The African Woman, When?� by richard870(m): 8:36pm On Dec 28, 2023
Hmmm...
Re: The African Woman, When?� by KaptainRobin: 8:36pm On Dec 28, 2023
How about you start a mind your business movement, where people are allowed to buy and wear what they want as long as it does not affect you. wink

61 Likes 16 Shares

Re: The African Woman, When?� by ifytrik(m): 8:36pm On Dec 28, 2023
I still prefer wig to attachment and that nonsense called brazilian wool, my wife will not plate hair, instead she will Barb her hair and I will buy like four different types of wigs for her grin grin grin

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: The African Woman, When?� by Akinowon123(m): 8:36pm On Dec 28, 2023
I automatically get turned off anytime I see ladies in wig. I don't know why

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The African Woman, When?� by NoSmoking: 8:36pm On Dec 28, 2023
You will be assassinated

Sorry to say

🦩

4 Likes

Re: The African Woman, When?� by SALLYBERRY01(m): 8:36pm On Dec 28, 2023
ok
Re: The African Woman, When?� by smokinloud(m): 8:36pm On Dec 28, 2023
grin
You wan change wetin Nigerians, men and women, believe to be definition of beauty without becoming a pastor first and then start preaching ur message from the altar?!.
See this one. You go explain, explain, explain taya

8 Likes

Re: The African Woman, When?� by adioolayi(m): 8:36pm On Dec 28, 2023
This one don fail before you start.

Ladies no go gree

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The African Woman, When?� by Sintamapi: 8:36pm On Dec 28, 2023
Hahah funny
Re: The African Woman, When?� by ItisWell22(f): 8:37pm On Dec 28, 2023
A lot of ladies actually carry their natural hair…

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The African Woman, When?� by SweetDipBenny(m): 8:37pm On Dec 28, 2023
watchwoski:
okay oo i hope to see if that is really going to work
E no go work..

1 Like

Re: The African Woman, When?� by Musty112: 8:37pm On Dec 28, 2023
Being real is defined differently by different people

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The African Woman, When?� by SAMBARRY: 8:38pm On Dec 28, 2023
grin
Re: The African Woman, When?� by tobenuel(m): 8:38pm On Dec 28, 2023
Start am abeg. Naija guys are in full support. some wigs can smell like dawa-dawa wey dem mix with okpeii

29 Likes

Re: The African Woman, When?� by amnesty7: 8:39pm On Dec 28, 2023
All these annoying oyibo-by-force ladies and their simps won't like this thread.
God has given you something natural but because of inferiority complex you must use fake ones to copy others.

29 Likes

Re: The African Woman, When?� by kings59: 8:39pm On Dec 28, 2023
Girls on Wigs are turn off for me.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: The African Woman, When?� by Chikel20000(m): 8:39pm On Dec 28, 2023
Wetin concern me
Re: The African Woman, When?� by Dee60: 8:39pm On Dec 28, 2023
I will be too glad to join you.

I will recommend you for a nobel peace prize if you win.

This is certainly the best idea of 2023.

I dont know why our women are so obsessed with wigs when the natural African weave is a great gift.+

Some marriages have been ruined over husband fighting wife over wigs.

Yet it consumes so much forex.

I think that our politicians are afraid of their wives and girlfriends, otherwise they would have banned wigs.

8 Likes

Re: The African Woman, When?� by Omoawoke2(m): 8:39pm On Dec 28, 2023
Yashita:
African/Nigerian women love hair attachments and wigs. I just don’t like putting on my head anything that is not growing naturally from my head.

These Asian women that we see their hair as the world’s standard of beauty carry their natural hair year in year out all through the seasons (winter/summer/spring/fall) taking care of their hairs with their locally made products and never feeling the need to wear wigs to “protect” their hairs during harsh seasons.

In fact, when I get rich, I’d like to start a movement/NGO to help African women emancipate themselves from mental slavery. Our natural Afro hair should be our standard of beauty.

We can research and locally produce hair care products and accessories. Grants would be given to researchers/manufacturers of Afro hair products.

Natural Afro hair stylists will be rewarded from time to time.

Schools and higher institutions will be visited often time to sensitise people/girls/women to embrace their Afro hair and be stylish with it.

There’d be a TV show/program where natural hair carriers would creatively style their hairs and earn like BBN, etc.

When would this start? cry

I love this, please let me know when you start. I can donate to your NGO

3 Likes

Re: The African Woman, When?� by fineboynl(m): 8:40pm On Dec 28, 2023
I don’t like it either. Most of them just wear it because others a wearing it. And it looks horrible on them. Some see it a status symbol if they don’t wear it they look poor and local to other girls. But its way different from the way guys sees it

22 Likes

Re: The African Woman, When?� by GreaterFuture(m): 8:40pm On Dec 28, 2023
No wigs...
Re: The African Woman, When?� by Chikel20000(m): 8:40pm On Dec 28, 2023
I hate wigs....make ladies look rather artificial than real for me

6 Likes

Re: The African Woman, When?� by Goalnaldo(m): 8:40pm On Dec 28, 2023
ItisWell22:
A lot of ladies actually carry their natural hair…
especially for Benin here.

2 Likes

Re: The African Woman, When?� by topelenege: 8:41pm On Dec 28, 2023
A welcome development.
Supported.

Sometimes I’ve not gotten home before I pull it off into my bag.

This coming January -March hot season, I’m rocking my neat cornrows to work. If dem like, make them send me back home.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

6 Ways You Can Prevent Razor Bumps / Meet Egunyinka Oluwatosin, Nigeria's Rep At The Miss Globe World Finals 2022 / Photo Of A Man Proudly Wearing Weave-on

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.