Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,094 members, 7,828,830 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

Who Is Mother Nature? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is Mother Nature? (637 Views)

June 12 Is Mother Of May 29, Says Tinubu / Africans are Demonic In Nature. / What Exactly Is Mother's Maiden Name.............. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Mother Nature? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jan 30, 2016
Does the phrase, “Mother Nature,” bug you as much as it does me? Who is in control anyway? God or Mother Nature?

I can’t believe I heard it again today on the news, “Mother Nature unleased her wrath again today!” They were talking about the awful tornados that tore their way across the country. Every time there is some unusual weather event someone called, “Mother Nature,” gets the blame or credit. Who is this Mother Nature anyway?

The dictionary says: Mother Nature, noun

“The personification of nature as a powerful and nurturing woman.”

Nature is everything that is not man-made according to the dictionary. Therefore, nature is God made.

Wikipedia says:

“Mother Nature is a personification of nature.”

Every time we get tornados, hurricaines, blizzards, floods, and other weather woes the news and weather media blame it all on Mother Nature. Not only that, but when we have wonderful weather and a beautiful day they say something like, “Mother Nature smiled on us today with this warm weather.” She gets the credit and the glory. So, what is the real story?

God says in Exodus 20:3, NASB “You shall have no other gods before Me.” This is one of the ten commandments, and is serious business.

God is to be praised and worshipped. Not other gods. We in our nation are getting very careless in this area. When we hear the phrase, “Mother Nature”, used over and over it becomes common. We use it without thinking of the true meaning behind it. Most of us wouldn’t intentionally praise another god.

Did you know that God is in control of the weather not Mother Nature?

The Bible has a lot to say about God and how He controls the weather.

(Psalms 78:26 NASB) He caused the east wind to blow in the heavens And by His power He directed the south wind.

(Psalms 107:25 NASB) For He spoke and raised up a stormy wind, Which lifted up the waves of the sea.

(Psalms 135:7 NASB) He causes the vapors to ascend from the ends of the earth; Who makes lightnings for the rain, Who brings forth the wind from His treasuries.

(Psalms 148:8 NASB) Fire and hail, snow and clouds; Stormy wind, fulfilling His word;

(Proverbs 30:4 NASB) Who has ascended into heaven and descended? Who has gathered the wind in His fists? Who has wrapped the waters in His garment? Who has established all the ends of the earth? What is His name or His son’s name? Surely you know!

(Mark 4:39 NASB) And He got up and rebuked the wind and said to the sea, “Hush, be still.” And the wind died down and it became perfectly calm.

God created the Heavens and the Earth and He controls the weather. So, you may ask, “Why does God allow this terrible weather to cause us all kinds of problems?” The answer is that God is Sovereign. He can do whatever He wants. He is in control and nothing gets by Him.

Have you ever stopped to think that God allows bad things to happen to our nation to get our attention? We have lost our moral footing. In our society today anything goes. The news certainly validates this. There used to be sin and shame, but it has been replaced with nothing is right or wrong.

But, God says:

(Colossians 3:5 NASB) Therefore consider the members of your earthly body as dead to immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and greed, which amounts to idolatry.

(Colossians 3:6 NASB) For it is because of these things that the wrath of God will come upon the sons of disobedience,

“The sovereignty of God is that golden sceptre in his hand by which he will make all bow, either by his word or by his works, by his mercies or by his judgements.” Thomas Brooks

The world says, “You can’t fool Mother Nature.” I say, “You can’t fool God.” He is still there, He is in control, and He holds us in the palm of His hand. We need to cry out for mercy!

Re: Who Is Mother Nature? by tpiar: 3:01pm On Jan 30, 2016
Re: Who Is Mother Nature? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jan 30, 2016
tpiar:

What happened to your former moniker? I prefer that tpia to this one - tpiar.
Re: Who Is Mother Nature? by tpiar: 3:21pm On Jan 30, 2016
NORAD:

What happened to your former moniker? I prefer that tpia to this one - tpiar.

why do you not prefer tpiar?
Re: Who Is Mother Nature? by Idrismusty97(m): 3:23pm On Jan 30, 2016
Yes you are actually right, Since god take credit for all good things he should equally take credit for the bad. Like the 7.0 magnitude earthquake in Haiti killing over 200,000 people(2010), The Japan Tsunami, Hurricane Katrina, Floods and many other disasters. These are purely god doings not an innocent mother nature, After all god created mother nature didn't him?
Re: Who Is Mother Nature? by Idrismusty97(m): 3:25pm On Jan 30, 2016
The almighty God has no other way to get our attention but by killing Thousands and even millions of people. Yea that's better, To get attention kill people! Just like Boko haram. Thanks for giving me more reason not to worship this blood thirsty god.
Re: Who Is Mother Nature? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jan 30, 2016
tpiar:

why do you not prefer tpiar?
I'm just used to it.
Re: Who Is Mother Nature? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jan 31, 2016
Idrismusty97:
Yes you are actually right, Since god take credit for all good things he should equally take credit for the bad. Like the 7.0 magnitude earthquake in Haiti killing over 200,000 people(2010), The Japan Tsunami, Hurricane Katrina, Floods and many other disasters. These are purely god doings not an innocent mother nature, After all god created mother nature didn't him?

I think you should first take responsibility for the trash you just spewed out. Or, do you want to blame God for that too?
Re: Who Is Mother Nature? by Olamipapa(m): 1:37pm On Jan 31, 2016
My dearest EARTH

(1) (Reply)

Military In Ekitigate / Nse Essien: A Good Samaritan, Not A Father Christmas / Kogi State Speaker Impeached

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.