Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:30 PM

That Whatsapp & Wikipedia Ish Is A Scam. Do Not Try It! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / That Whatsapp & Wikipedia Ish Is A Scam. Do Not Try It! (1270 Views)

China Is Launching It's Own Version Of Wikipedia / Want To Become A Successful Blogger? Why Not Try This Monetization Platform? / OZ Bulk Sms Is A BIG Scam! Do NOT Invest There! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

That Whatsapp & Wikipedia Ish Is A Scam. Do Not Try It! by Kelklein(m): 4:35pm On Jan 30, 2016
Couldn't really figure out how to title this piece

it is simply to notify you of the scam I saw on frontpage about Whatsapp being linked to Wikipedia.

The whole ish is meant to get a pool of numbers as much as possible. What the scammers want to do with them is what I don't know.

Do not fall victim...it's not what they say it is.

a quick Google search will show you the country code +92 is india..so the number is linked to an Indian mobile phone.

Delete the number from your phone if you already saved it

Be warned.

A concerned dude,

kelklein!

lalasticlala..please take note

2 Likes

Re: That Whatsapp & Wikipedia Ish Is A Scam. Do Not Try It! by tpiar: 4:39pm On Jan 30, 2016
Kelklein:

The whole ish is meant to get a pool of numbers as much as possible.

anybody who doesnt know this by now,na them sabi o.

4 Likes

Re: That Whatsapp & Wikipedia Ish Is A Scam. Do Not Try It! by imeller: 4:39pm On Jan 30, 2016
It dont work I tried it.
Re: That Whatsapp & Wikipedia Ish Is A Scam. Do Not Try It! by Hero10001: 4:47pm On Jan 30, 2016
It's working good, it's either you guy didnt follow the instructions or y'all bunch of obsessed weasel.
India is not Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: That Whatsapp & Wikipedia Ish Is A Scam. Do Not Try It! by dmostcheerful(f): 5:03pm On Jan 30, 2016
working perfectly here....
Re: That Whatsapp & Wikipedia Ish Is A Scam. Do Not Try It! by Rainmaker69(m): 5:08pm On Jan 30, 2016
Ignorance though... A little research on the internet would enlighten you. It works fine. It's a data/messaging project by www.duta.in
Re: That Whatsapp & Wikipedia Ish Is A Scam. Do Not Try It! by yungchief(m): 5:17pm On Jan 30, 2016
Adonbilivit undecided
Re: That Whatsapp & Wikipedia Ish Is A Scam. Do Not Try It! by Warlord3000(m): 5:45pm On Jan 30, 2016
I thought it was quite glaring to everyone but a dummy undecided
Re: That Whatsapp & Wikipedia Ish Is A Scam. Do Not Try It! by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jan 30, 2016
Lol, Nigerians think everything is a scam.

its very hard to cheat a Nigerian because they know all the ways of cheating someone.

You are not a codder and you don't understand anything there, so shut up and move on.

And FYI, Without a working phone number there is no way for DAT stuff to work, since the idea was from an individual, not from whatsapp/wikipedia itself.

2 Likes

Re: That Whatsapp & Wikipedia Ish Is A Scam. Do Not Try It! by Thebrightest(m): 10:36pm On Jan 30, 2016
Lailaiclaiclaica this is back page materia o
Re: That Whatsapp & Wikipedia Ish Is A Scam. Do Not Try It! by duta: 10:58pm On Jan 31, 2016
Hi. I work at Duta. We assure you, there is no intent to scam or defraud. We are doing this to develop more interesting services on messenger in addition to the usual back and forth messages. Thank you for enjoying Duta.
Re: That Whatsapp & Wikipedia Ish Is A Scam. Do Not Try It! by JARUSHUB: 4:28pm On Feb 02, 2016
duta:
Hi. I work at Duta. We assure you, there is no intent to scam or defraud. We are doing this to develop more interesting services on messenger in addition to the usual back and forth messages. Thank you for enjoying Duta.

Tried it but it does not work.
Re: That Whatsapp & Wikipedia Ish Is A Scam. Do Not Try It! by Nobody: 11:38pm On Feb 02, 2016
ignorance

(1) (Reply)

Verified Nigeria And US Adsense Accounts For Sale. / Help On How To Set Up US Adsense Account After Approval / How Can Overcome This Amazon Verification Call??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.