Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,935 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

I Need A Sincere Advice. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Need A Sincere Advice. (980 Views)

Sincere Advice Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need A Sincere Advice. by MayowaOke(m): 5:41pm On Jan 30, 2016
I will be 30 this year, single....just starting my life in a small way. I stay in my dad's house though he's dead and mom stays elsewhere married to another man, so I practically stay alone in that house. My question is. Is it proper or improper to stay in my dad's house, and also get married there?..though I have plans in building my house in future as God's will prevails over my life.
Re: I Need A Sincere Advice. by domopps(m): 5:47pm On Jan 30, 2016
No crime in that bro...... Or is it not better than to get married in a rented apartment and landlord start doing his tin cos of delay in house rent.......

Just go for a woman that can cope and not the one that would put u under unnecessary pressure all in the name to impress her peers

Cheeeeeers

2 Likes

Re: I Need A Sincere Advice. by Cutehector(m): 5:55pm On Jan 30, 2016
Ur father's house is your house. Just as the lord's house is our house.

2 Likes

Re: I Need A Sincere Advice. by taryour(f): 5:55pm On Jan 30, 2016
MayowaOke:
I will be 30 this year, single....just starting my life in a small way. I stay in my dad's house though he's dead and mom stays elsewhere married to another man, so I practically stay alone in that house. My question is. Is it proper or improper to stay in my dad's house, and also get married there?..though I have plans in building my house in future as God's will prevails over my life.

nothing wrong in that if you are a hardworking man and willing to struggle to accomplish more than your late father did. just be sure you make him proud so he can look down with a smile. God bless your hustle.

1 Like

Re: I Need A Sincere Advice. by hungryboy(m): 5:55pm On Jan 30, 2016
That's your decision to make Op,
Do what you think is proper, not what i or any other person thinks,
Don't live your life based on the expectations of others,
To add to that in case you get any money were you no wan use again, abeg borrow me, my account number dey my signature

1 Like

Re: I Need A Sincere Advice. by osesology(m): 6:09pm On Jan 30, 2016
As for me I'll advice you not to get married while still living in ur dad's house whether ur dad is dead or not, because you'll be feeling too comfortable to make a move any further. But if you move away before getting married, it will make you more matured and independent. Remember, that house is a ``family house'' and nomatter how comfortable you are now, it wont change that fact.
So if you can afford it, bros make a move.

One question: Are you the first born son, and if no, did your dad leave a will?

1 Like

Re: I Need A Sincere Advice. by MayowaOke(m): 6:36pm On Jan 30, 2016
osesology:
As for me I'll advice you not to get married while still living in ur dad's house whether ur dad is dead or not, because you'll be feeling too comfortable to make a move any further. But if you move away before getting married, it will make you more matured and independent. Remember, that house is a ``family house'' and nomatter how comfortable you are now, it wont change that fact.
So if you can afford it, bros make a move.
One question: Are you the first born son, and if no, did your dad leave a will?

Well, I can't afford moving out now...just stuck in between decisions...I hate the fact that I have to rent an apartment(so many things I've heard)...yes I'm the. First and only son.
Re: I Need A Sincere Advice. by Swissheart(f): 6:46pm On Jan 30, 2016
Since you are the only son.. ... staying in the house isn't an issue. You'll get yours later. I hope your siblings are good ppl though

1 Like

Re: I Need A Sincere Advice. by MayowaOke(m): 8:08pm On Jan 30, 2016
Swissheart:
Since you are the only son.. ... staying in the house isn't an issue. You'll get yours later. I hope your siblings are good ppl though

Best sisters ever!

1 Like

Re: I Need A Sincere Advice. by talk2omon(f): 8:21pm On Jan 30, 2016
I dont think there is a problem with your decision.
Re: I Need A Sincere Advice. by Benedict44(m): 8:30pm On Jan 30, 2016
there is nothing wrong with it since you are the only son .
Re: I Need A Sincere Advice. by mostyg(m): 5:25pm On Jan 31, 2016
@op. Thats not your father's house any more. Its practically yours. You are the only son and child. What becomes of the house if you decide to leave?
Re: I Need A Sincere Advice. by mylora: 6:54pm On Jan 31, 2016
So one can actually get a sincere and matured advice on NL? Maybe cos this is not yet on frontpg. I'm impressed. Op, u've got what u searching.
Re: I Need A Sincere Advice. by gidjah(m): 8:26pm On Jan 31, 2016
Do the needful bro

(1) (Reply)

Bride Price And Dignity, An Eye Opener. / Who Is The Real Animal? / 10 Reasons You Should Never Throw Away Those Silica Gel Packets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.