Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Military Battles Insurgents In Maiduguri, Many Killed - PUNCH - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Military Battles Insurgents In Maiduguri, Many Killed - PUNCH (19260 Views)

Double Bomb Blasts In Maiduguri, Many Feared Dead / More Graphic Photos Of The Horror Carried Out By Boko Haram Insurgents In Borno / Army Currently Repelling Attack By Boko Haram Insurgents In Maiduguri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Military Battles Insurgents In Maiduguri, Many Killed - PUNCH by NonFarmPayrol: 5:42am On Jan 31, 2016
Several people have been reportedly killed as the military engaged militants suspected to be members of Boko Haram sect in a fierce gun battle that reportedly lasted for hours on Saturday.

The insurgents were said to have attacked Dalori and Walori villages, on outskirts of Maiduguri, at around some minutes past 7pm on Saturday night.

Dalori village is a few kilometres away from an Internally Displaced Persons camp, which is said to be the most populous IDP camp in the country.

Sources said Boko Haram insurgents usually mounted surprise attacks at that hour of the day, as they had studied the movement of the military.

Residents, including students of the University of Maiduguri, were said to have scampered for safety while the gunfire lasted and explosion rocked the area.

Sources in Maiduguri told our correspondent that fighting was still on going at the time of this report at 10pm. “The fighting started at around 7.30pm but we don’t know how many people have been killed or injured,” the source said.

Another source said, ‘No it is not Dalori camp, there is a village behind the camp called Dalori gari; that is the one which is being attacked by Boko Haram. They have killed many and razed the village.”

The recent attack in Maiduguri comes a day after at least 15 persons were killed, and many others injured, in a twin bomb blast that rocked the Gombi Grain Market in Adamawa State last Friday.

Also, last Wednesday, twin bomb blasts had rocked the Chibok community in Borno State, killing 11 persons and injuring 35 others.

The bomb blasts reportedly went off at a military checkpoint and a market simultaneously, shattering the fragile security situation in the town where about 219 school girls were abducted by the Boko Haram sect in 2014. The girls have yet to be rescued.

http://www.punchng.com/scores-killed-as-military-battles-insurgents-in-maiduguri/

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Military Battles Insurgents In Maiduguri, Many Killed - PUNCH by Mrbigman1(m): 5:43am On Jan 31, 2016
Pinsure or?

U know the rest.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Battles Insurgents In Maiduguri, Many Killed - PUNCH by temblor(m): 5:44am On Jan 31, 2016
PMB how far now? Your cows are under siege. cry

47 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Military Battles Insurgents In Maiduguri, Many Killed - PUNCH by temblor(m): 5:45am On Jan 31, 2016
PMB how far now? Your cows are under attack undecided

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Military Battles Insurgents In Maiduguri, Many Killed - PUNCH by ORACLE1975(m): 5:45am On Jan 31, 2016
Great Nigerian ARMY

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Military Battles Insurgents In Maiduguri, Many Killed - PUNCH by ZKOSOSO(m): 5:59am On Jan 31, 2016
temblor:
PMB how far now? Your cows are under attack undecided

Technically speaking, they are defeated already- Liar Mohamed.

Zombiessssssssssssssss! Una Hero PMB de enjoy for Ethiopia after visiting Kenya Cows!!
While Maiduguri de on fayaaaaaaaa!

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Military Battles Insurgents In Maiduguri, Many Killed - PUNCH by nzeobi(m): 6:02am On Jan 31, 2016
RIP to the dead

I hope lai mohammed sends condolences to the affected on behalf of the government instead of giving us an overdose of propaganda.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Military Battles Insurgents In Maiduguri, Many Killed - PUNCH by Descartes: 6:02am On Jan 31, 2016
Hmmmm cry cry
...and Buhari is busy inspecting and massaging cows in Nairobi, Kenya.smh

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Military Battles Insurgents In Maiduguri, Many Killed - PUNCH by maslong(m): 6:03am On Jan 31, 2016
Re: Military Battles Insurgents In Maiduguri, Many Killed - PUNCH by VcStunner(m): 6:07am On Jan 31, 2016
Technically no one died. But in a wailers caring mentality we wish to commiserate with the maiduguri residents. Before election, every attempted attack on maiduguri was repelled. But now that BH are "technically" defeated, they can now carry out successful attacks in chibok and maiduguri. That's really sad angry

16 Likes

Re: Military Battles Insurgents In Maiduguri, Many Killed - PUNCH by lincolnj88: 6:23am On Jan 31, 2016
grin my northern friend told me buhari have wiped out bokoharam.... I said to him congratulations....

later yesterday morning... he told me he lost his uncle and grand mum to bomb blast in gombi local govt area of adamawa state.... I said to him buhari we wiped dem out he should take heart... grin

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Military Battles Insurgents In Maiduguri, Many Killed - PUNCH by chubhiee: 6:37am On Jan 31, 2016
RIP.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Military Battles Insurgents In Maiduguri, Many Killed - PUNCH by bright007(f): 6:41am On Jan 31, 2016
No froblem!

This is an unstructured attack

6 Likes

Re: Military Battles Insurgents In Maiduguri, Many Killed - PUNCH by Phame: 6:42am On Jan 31, 2016
We are winning the war.

7 Likes

Re: Military Battles Insurgents In Maiduguri, Many Killed - PUNCH by KnowAll(m): 6:46am On Jan 31, 2016
If Mr President don't securr our borders then this war against boko haram would be synomynous with pouring water into a basket. sad

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Military Battles Insurgents In Maiduguri, Many Killed - PUNCH by playtheblues(f): 7:21am On Jan 31, 2016
And Lair Mohammed said that they had eradicated BH.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Military Battles Insurgents In Maiduguri, Many Killed - PUNCH by Cyojunior(m): 7:22am On Jan 31, 2016
Any tyme dis dollardinho junket.
The north east is always troubled by his boko boiz !!!
Are they angry at his hunkering trips ? Or shekau is nt part of the entourage

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Military Battles Insurgents In Maiduguri, Many Killed - PUNCH by skademzy(m): 7:23am On Jan 31, 2016
Until you arrest the shadowry actors who are the main financiers of the insurgents, the battle is nothing close to conclusion. Block their source of fund and supply, and they will come begging for dialogue. Govt should get a conflict resolutor to analyse this bikko. undecided undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Battles Insurgents In Maiduguri, Many Killed - PUNCH by efilefun(m): 7:25am On Jan 31, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Military Battles Insurgents In Maiduguri, Many Killed - PUNCH by efilefun(m): 7:28am On Jan 31, 2016
Cyojunior:
Any tyme dis dollardinho junket.

The north east is always troubled by his boko boiz !!!

Are they angry at his hunkering trips ? Or shekau is nt part of the entourage

5 Likes

Re: Military Battles Insurgents In Maiduguri, Many Killed - PUNCH by kekakuz(m): 7:28am On Jan 31, 2016
Why the noise
Our government has called them soft target

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Battles Insurgents In Maiduguri, Many Killed - PUNCH by Herald47: 7:32am On Jan 31, 2016
Buhari have seen what gej was seeing then.

Lesson

don't criticise what you don't have a clue about.r.i.p to the dead.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Military Battles Insurgents In Maiduguri, Many Killed - PUNCH by Cyojunior(m): 7:43am On Jan 31, 2016
[quote author=efilefun post=42482334][/quote]

Abeg !!! Zombie if my message is nt clear to u , due to d level of cynical I tink u shld park well and dis way ...........................} To lagoon !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Military Battles Insurgents In Maiduguri, Many Killed - PUNCH by sdindan: 7:44am On Jan 31, 2016
I am worried Nigerians were unfair to Jonathan. When there's this type of attack and we waited 1hr without hearing from Jonathan abt the attack Nigerians will jump to social media and other news outlets to abuse Jonathan. But now, I mean this regime no one comment or ask Buhari to comment or send condolence to the families of the victims. We are now heartless. No one is asking the president to visit the scenes. is okay.

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Military Battles Insurgents In Maiduguri, Many Killed - PUNCH by Firefire(m): 7:54am On Jan 31, 2016
RIP to the dead. cry cry cry

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Military Battles Insurgents In Maiduguri, Many Killed - PUNCH by Firefire(m): 7:57am On Jan 31, 2016

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Battles Insurgents In Maiduguri, Many Killed - PUNCH by banki(m): 7:59am On Jan 31, 2016
Some people are just heartless....

Fact is that if the right things were done earlier boko wouldn't have grown to the monsters that they are now!

Let's give peace a chance

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Military Battles Insurgents In Maiduguri, Many Killed - PUNCH by ajepako(f): 8:19am On Jan 31, 2016
Honestly, I pity Mr. Buhari because he doesn't have an idea of the enormity of the problems he is shouldering as a President.

Anyway, GEJ is resting and enjoying in Otueke with Aunty PEJ

God bless me..

Goodluck-Buhari

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Battles Insurgents In Maiduguri, Many Killed - PUNCH by RichFoundation(m): 8:25am On Jan 31, 2016
G

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ondo Election: Candidates Sign Peace Agreement At INEC Office / Britain, France And IPOB: Duplicity Of Failed Empires- The Guardian / S84(12): Supreme Court Strikes Out Buhari, Malami's Suit On Electoral Act

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.