Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,928 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

My Thoughts On The Wedding Cake - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Thoughts On The Wedding Cake (604 Views)

Lady Allows Her Hubby To Marry 2nd Wife, Even Feeds Her On The Wedding Day(pics / Thoughts On Abortion! Will You Do It? / Parents In Tears At The Wedding Of Their Only Daughter In Lagos. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Thoughts On The Wedding Cake by Nyceguy92: 6:25am On Jan 31, 2016
The wedding cake has become a constant feature of church weddings.
It is also a major area of disagreement between couples during the planning stage.

The lady wants the biggest and, of course, most expensive. "After all, you do it only once."
But the man wants something realistic and affordable.

My opinion is that the wedding cake is not critical to the wedding.
It consumes an unfair amount of wedding resources.
In the end, all you get is a Kola nut size crumb, which most people refuse anyway because it's too sweet.

During my wedding, I was presented with a huge estimate for a 7-step cake.
I strongly believe that the most important thing in a wedding reception is food and drink.
After the long journey and sitting through the church service, visitors need to get back their strength.
They don't remember the cake size but they will remember how they starved in your wedding.

I had to put my feet down and cut the budget on cake and invested more on food and drink.
I know that the ladies reading this will frown but the truth is that no wedding is the best. We forget them soon.
The cake is only symbolic and symbolic items are usually small and inexpensive.
How about we scoop a bit of the rice or whatever food available for the `feed your spouse` part ?

Same thought goes for too many Ashebi and all those unnecessary appendages that drain the purse.
Of course those who have should spend, but most men, under pressure from their women, spend to impress.
I have seen several cases of couples regretting afterwards and wished they had another chance to plan again.

My thoughts. What's yours?
Re: My Thoughts On The Wedding Cake by 1bunne4lif(m): 6:40am On Jan 31, 2016
i'll be back

(1) (Reply)

Mothers Of The House / . / Where Can I Find Milk Of Magnesia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.