Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,493 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

Similarities Between Hebrew And Amharic #israel/ethiopia - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Similarities Between Hebrew And Amharic #israel/ethiopia (1254 Views)

The Yoruba And Other Canaanite/hebrew Israelites Of Nigeria / A Great Amharic Song With Traditional Dance (Ethiopia) / Some Igbo Words That Are Same Meaning With Hebrew (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Similarities Between Hebrew And Amharic #israel/ethiopia by nkemdilem: 10:18am On Jan 31, 2016
My journey to Ethiopia was actually two journeys. I’ve already written about one, and the one I have yet to write about actually began on the Ethiopian Airlines jet that took me to Addis Ababa.

As soon as I boarded that jet, every time I would meet an Ethiopian, I would ask her (the stewardesses were all women) what her name meant. I did this consistently through the end of my travels. In this sense, my journey began with Mulubebet. As soon as she told me what her name meant, I knew that my Ethiopian language journey would be an interesting one.

Mulubebet means “full in the house,” and in Hebrew it would be Malebabayith. Many, if not most, Ethiopian names have some sort of Hebrew-like root. Take the late emperor, Haile Salassie. Haile means “strength” – as in the Hebrew esheth Hayil or “woman of valor.” Salassie means, of course, “trinity.”

continue reading here: https://jewamongyou./2015/04/21/similarities-between-hebrew-and-amharic/

shocked
Re: Similarities Between Hebrew And Amharic #israel/ethiopia by garyaustin(m): 10:41am On Jan 31, 2016
Mulubebet in Igbo language means born in the house of bet
Re: Similarities Between Hebrew And Amharic #israel/ethiopia by Nobody: 11:04am On Jun 13, 2017
Since both languages are Semitic, it's expected to have some extent of similarities.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Black Americans Feel Bad They Don't Have Culture? / Oba Of Benin Is My Father - Oba Of Lagos / Church Denominations In Igboland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.