Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

Oba Of Benin Is My Father - Oba Of Lagos - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Of Benin Is My Father - Oba Of Lagos (1254 Views)

The Oba Of Benin Is A Yoruba Man. / Meet Ezelekhae's Benin Crown Prince And His Father, Oba Ewuare ii (Photos) / Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oba Of Benin Is My Father - Oba Of Lagos by phyllosilicate(m): 5:54am On Dec 13, 2017
The Oba of Lagos, Rewanu Akiolu, has disclosed that the blessings given to Lagos State by a past Oba of Benin was responsible for the developmental strides being witnessed in the state.

Oba Akiolu, who spoke in Benin during the weekend at an event to mark the one year anniversary of the coronation of the Benin Monarch, Oba Ewuare II, said “Lagos State is currently enjoying the prayers and blessings of a past Oba of Benin.

“The developmental strides you see in Lagos today were a result of those blessings.”
Akiolu stated that he was happy to be present at the anniversary of an Oba who used to be his “brother” but is now his “father.”

He described the Benin Monarch as a man of integrity that would bring his experience as an Ambassador to rule the kingdom.

The Lagos Monarch however urged women in the kingdom to desist from traveling to Italy for the purpose of prostitution.

On his part, Oba Ewuare II promised to introduce traditional reforms to curb abuse in the conferment of chieftaincy titles in the kingdom.

Oba Ewuare noted that conferment of chieftaincy titles must be in accordance with native laws, tradition and customs of the land.

Oba Ewuare emphasised that as a father to all, he would continue the fatherly roles to all traditional rulers in Edo as well as outside the state.

http://dailypost.ng/2017/10/22/oba-akiolu-reveals-secret-behind-lagos-development/

Re: Oba Of Benin Is My Father - Oba Of Lagos by agwom(m): 6:00am On Dec 13, 2017
hmmm
Re: Oba Of Benin Is My Father - Oba Of Lagos by chiagozien(m): 6:00am On Dec 13, 2017
Everybody knows lagos belong to we benins and was invaded by the fallen demon who now claim the ownership of it.

But what surprises me is how this people drag ownership of lagos why their territory kwara has been taken away.

I call on all the people of good will to help us send this people out of our territory.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oba Of Benin Is My Father - Oba Of Lagos by QueenSekxy(f): 6:08am On Dec 13, 2017
hmmm
Re: Oba Of Benin Is My Father - Oba Of Lagos by QueenSekxy(f): 6:08am On Dec 13, 2017
chiagozien:
we know lagos belong to benins and was invaded by the fallen demon who now claim the ownership it.
lol..funny
Re: Oba Of Benin Is My Father - Oba Of Lagos by chiagozien(m): 6:17am On Dec 13, 2017
QueenSekxy:
lol..funny
queensekxy are you from Edo?
Is time for we benin to send this land grabbers out of our territory

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Is My Father - Oba Of Lagos by QueenSekxy(f): 6:20am On Dec 13, 2017
chiagozien:
quee nsekxy are you from Edo?

Is time for we benin to send this land grabbers out of our territory
In little or no time,,they will be chased out
..they think our silence is foolishness cry

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Is My Father - Oba Of Lagos by Provalker: 6:23am On Dec 13, 2017
agwom:
hmmm
Are you thinking what I am thinking.
Re: Oba Of Benin Is My Father - Oba Of Lagos by Bede2u(m): 6:27am On Dec 13, 2017
This one go sha pain yorubas cheesy
Re: Oba Of Benin Is My Father - Oba Of Lagos by chiagozien(m): 6:32am On Dec 13, 2017
QueenSekxy:
In little or no time,,they will be chased out ..they think our silence is foolishness cry
that is my good sister. they see our silence as weakness.but we will tell them we never loose any war.

Pls where you base inform our people that is time for action, we cant have lagos and our people are going to libya just for surviver

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Is My Father - Oba Of Lagos by ZorGBUooeh: 6:33am On Dec 13, 2017
Dis news go give some ewedu cone head land grabbers head ache dis morning oo

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Is My Father - Oba Of Lagos by okway: 6:34am On Dec 13, 2017
chiagozien:
Everybody knows lagos belong to we benins and was invaded by the fallen demon who now claim the ownership it.

But what surprises me is how this people drag ownership of lagos why their territory kwara has been taken away.

I call on all the people of good will to help us send this people out of our territory.

Flat head, yesterday you claimed Lagos.

We’re not surprised at your cluelessness embarassed
Re: Oba Of Benin Is My Father - Oba Of Lagos by Nobody: 6:38am On Dec 13, 2017
So Benin developed Lagos grin

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Is My Father - Oba Of Lagos by chiagozien(m): 6:38am On Dec 13, 2017
okway:

Flat head, yesterday you claimed Lagos.

We’re not surprised at your cluelessness embarassed
why shouting flat head,so because am saying the truth am now flat head,very soon you also call me ipod.
why are you people always against the truth.
Re: Oba Of Benin Is My Father - Oba Of Lagos by Bari22: 6:39am On Dec 13, 2017
Enough Oba
Re: Oba Of Benin Is My Father - Oba Of Lagos by xreal: 6:40am On Dec 13, 2017
I wonder the kind of history books posters above me are reading.

What oba of lagos said is actually what some other yoruba monarchs will say about oba of benin - which is virtually out of respect to the heirachy.

Imagine someone saying oba of lagos and the true lagosians migrated from kwara.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Is My Father - Oba Of Lagos by channel801(f): 6:42am On Dec 13, 2017
You are reposting what was allegedly said in October as if it is a new development. Even, after the man denied yesterday saying he has never said that Benin owned Lagos? Something must be wrong with your head and your family's. Carry Lagos for head and stop developing your land. Eediot

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-west/252183-i-never-said-benin-owned-lagos-oba-akiolu.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Is My Father - Oba Of Lagos by ZorGBUooeh: 6:44am On Dec 13, 2017
Keneking:
So Benin developed Lagos grin
Yes of course.Bini colonized ad brought civilization to yoruba land.

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Is My Father - Oba Of Lagos by okway: 7:16am On Dec 13, 2017
chiagozien:
why shouting flat head,so because am saying the truth am now flat head,very soon you also call me ipod.
why are you people always against the truth.

Keep making noise flat head.

Re: Oba Of Benin Is My Father - Oba Of Lagos by onlinetomola(m): 7:56am On Dec 13, 2017
All these Benin people ranting on social Media that they own Lagos tho....Where una dey before Uncle Akinolu start to dey miss yarn ? Since d day cassala don burst between him and Ooni of Ife, him don dey give irrelevant stories. Benin people come dey get liver dey claim say Lagos naa dem own abi.
Re: Oba Of Benin Is My Father - Oba Of Lagos by columbus007(m): 8:15am On Dec 13, 2017
The one time police officer turn oba will soon come out to disclaim it that he didn't say it. angry

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Church Denominations In Igboland / Spiritual Impact Of Wearing Dreadlocks - Culled From Spiritual Science / Ohunse Ati Owo Yato Si Ara Won

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.