Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,183 members, 7,811,464 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:09 PM

My Iphone Isn't Updating - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Iphone Isn't Updating (765 Views)

Whats The Advantage And Disavantages Of Updating An Andriod Phone / My Phone Call Log Is Not Updating & Missed Calls Are Not Showing, Pls Help / Is There Any Adverse Effect Of Updating Phones? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Iphone Isn't Updating by olaolulazio(m): 11:10am On Jan 31, 2016
Hello, for days now av been having this issue issue of software update on my iphone5s.
Please, how do I go about it Cus it only prepares itself for update and still won't update. Thanks.
Re: My Iphone Isn't Updating by giftedben: 1:22pm On Jan 31, 2016
Try these fix.

I finally fixed this on my iPhone! I found out that I needed to agree to the new terms of service before it would complete any downloads, but for some reason those new terms of service weren't showing up on my phone. I was getting stuck in a loop where I would try to install a new app, it would ask for my password, then ask for my fingerprint three times before canceling the download. It wouldn't get out of this loop.
Here is what I did to fix it:

1. Go to Settings > iTunes & App Store
2. Select your Apple ID and tap "Sign Out"
3. Open the App Store app
4. Select any app on the Featured page and try to download it

The new terms of service should pop op
Tap "Accept" on the new terms of service
Your download should start!

This should fix the problem for those with this issue
Re: My Iphone Isn't Updating by icedondaniel(m): 5:35pm On Jan 31, 2016
After preparing,it should start installation if you are connected to the internet......
Re: My Iphone Isn't Updating by olaolulazio(m): 8:37pm On Jan 31, 2016
icedondaniel:
After preparing,it should start installation if you are connected to the internet......
Am connected to internet but d preparing stuff will booth to d middle and remain there.
Re: My Iphone Isn't Updating by icedondaniel(m): 12:26am On Feb 01, 2016
olaolulazio:

Am connected to internet but d preparing stuff will booth to d middle and remain there.

Did you download the firmware(mirror) and try updating it using Itunes?
Re: My Iphone Isn't Updating by olaolulazio(m): 7:26am On Feb 01, 2016
icedondaniel:

Did you download the firmware(mirror) and try updating it using Itunes?
Nope
Re: My Iphone Isn't Updating by mosjames: 1:49pm On Feb 04, 2016
I think its about 1.5G, it is advisable to use a fast internet to avoid any frustration

(1) (Reply)

DEDICATED THREAD; Wish Specs And Price For The Next Infinix Smartphone. / What Happened To Mtn bbmidid For Simple Server? / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.