Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,349 members, 7,868,007 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 08:50 AM

I Would Have Been A Structural Engineer – Popular Comedian - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Would Have Been A Structural Engineer – Popular Comedian (373 Views)

Popular Comedian Woli Agba And His Wife Welcomes A Bouncing Baby Boy / Popular Comedian Mc Ponmo Reveal The True Identity Of Some Nigeria Artist / Linda Ikeji: I Would Love To Marry A Man Who Likes Sex, Can't Marry A Poor Guy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Would Have Been A Structural Engineer – Popular Comedian by Lazyreporta(m): 12:06pm On Jan 31, 2016

Popular comedian, I Go Dye is unarguably one of the best in the act in Nigeria.

The successful comic act, whose real name is Francis Agoda, has revealed how he nearly became a Structural Engineer but spurned a scholarship to study structural engineering in University of New York.

The comedian told Saturday Punch that he won the scholarship in 1992 after building a miniature helicopter, a hovercraft, a radio transmitter and a battery-powered table fan.

While stating that he did not regret spurning the offer of scholarship, the comedian said: “Academic pursuit depends on personal interest. I am still acquiring knowledge on a daily basis.

There is no limit to educational quest.

The truth of the matter is that life is a choice. Until you do things you love, you cannot really be happy. Those things I built at the time are still part of my life today. But I chose comedy because that is where my love lies.

“I started building things at the young age of about 12. At a point, I was no longer really comfortable with that path of life.

“When I left the village and came to the city, I imagined how to make life easier for my people. At a point, I realised that my heart was in comedy and decided to tow that path.

“When I declined that scholarship, I had started becoming interested in having an impact on the lives of people. When I left the village, and got to the city, Comedy became a platform through which I could give hope to people. I am happy with the choice I made.

“I have now spent 20 years on stage. I was first featured on A Night of a Thousand Laugh in 2000 and I started doing variety shows when I was in Class Three in the secondary school.

People only know you when you become successful. They don’t really know the roads you passed through until you tell stories like this.”

Source: http://yarnvibes.com/structural-engineer-popular-comedian/

Lalasticlala

Re: I Would Have Been A Structural Engineer – Popular Comedian by Hector723(m): 12:21pm On Jan 31, 2016
Oga u no try o,wetin plenty pple dey fyn na him u "spurned".anyway dere ris God ooo(in PEJ's voice) grin
Re: I Would Have Been A Structural Engineer – Popular Comedian by cruzita(f): 12:22pm On Jan 31, 2016
wow !!!interesting to know he is not only good as a comedian but good in other things too.I know every body have multiple talents not just one its now left for the person to develop any of them.
Re: I Would Have Been A Structural Engineer – Popular Comedian by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jan 31, 2016
shocked. Wow, I never knew.
Where's all da Stuctural engineers in d house
Cc: RobinHez.
Re: I Would Have Been A Structural Engineer – Popular Comedian by RobinHez(m): 1:15pm On Jan 31, 2016
Why not get the scholarship finish your education and then go into comedy? Abi Basket mouth get 2 head? undecided

Anyways, thank God he made it. grin
Re: I Would Have Been A Structural Engineer – Popular Comedian by RobinHez(m): 1:18pm On Jan 31, 2016
Re: I Would Have Been A Structural Engineer – Popular Comedian by RobinHez(m): 1:18pm On Jan 31, 2016
Lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Harrysong Sing's Reggae Blues At Olic 2 Gold Edge / K Michelle And Seyi Sodimu On Set Of Their New Video Shoot... / Jim Ovia, Jide Omokore At War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.