Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,566 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

Between; Burial And Cremation. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Between; Burial And Cremation. (1152 Views)

Poll: Would like to be buried or cremated??

Buried: 50% (3 votes)
Cremated: 50% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

Suleman To El-Rufai: “You Are Dead Already, Ask For Date Of Your Burial" (video) / Church Performing Cremation (Burning a Dead Body): Scriptural? / Catholic Church Blasts Lagos Lawmakers Over Cremation Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between; Burial And Cremation. by Okijajuju1(m): 12:14am On Jun 30, 2009
I was confused as to the right section in which to post this, so I just went with Religion as I think most of the responses I would get would be founded based on religious idealogies.

Now between burial and cremation, is there really a right and wrong??  Please give me reasonable reasons for your answers.

For the christians and those who believe in the second coming, resurrection and rapture, I was wondering if cremation would affect the resurrection??
Re: Between; Burial And Cremation. by tomiade1(m): 2:21am On Jun 30, 2009
my man!!, always wanting to create controversy!!, rock on, !
Re: Between; Burial And Cremation. by folami86: 3:54am On Jun 30, 2009
@poster:

Personally, none really matters because after we are dead the body is of no real importance. Be it burial or cremation, that body is worthless. Just make sure your soul is right with God.

Stay focus.
Re: Between; Burial And Cremation. by Image123(m): 12:59am On Jul 01, 2009
@okija
wonder no more mr. The One who's able to give a body to dust, and a body to what they call zygote is still alive and well. Infact alive forever more. Let me explain to you in the way you'll understand. He's going to give a heavenly body to his saints and a hellish body(built for pain and sorrow) to sinners. This bodies will be available to everyone, whether what remains of your present body is ashes or full alive body. Prepare for that day.
Re: Between; Burial And Cremation. by Okijajuju1(m): 11:33pm On Jul 02, 2009
Image123:

@okija
wonder no more mr. The One who's able to give a body to dust, and a body to what they call zygote is still alive and well. Infact alive forever more. Let me explain to you in the way you'll understand. He's going to give a heavenly body to his saints and a hellish body(built for pain and sorrow) to sinners. This bodies will be available to everyone, whether what remains of your present body is ashes or full alive body. Prepare for that day.

Is this from the bible?
Re: Between; Burial And Cremation. by Image123(m): 7:58pm On Jul 03, 2009
@okija
Yes, it's from the Bible, but the chief question would be 'will you believe it even if I quoted the text to you
Re: Between; Burial And Cremation. by Okijajuju1(m): 11:43pm On Jul 03, 2009
Atleast it would prove to me that it is not just your personal opinion. If I believe it or not is secondary.
Re: Between; Burial And Cremation. by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jul 03, 2009
why is this in the religion section save to generate unecessary controversy?

Burial or cremation . . . its your choice. You dont need religious quotes to help you . . . you dont believe in God so why are you bothered about what He thinks on burial methods?
Re: Between; Burial And Cremation. by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jul 03, 2009
davidylan:

Burial or cremation . . . its your choice. You dont need religious quotes to help you . . . you dont believe in God so why are you bothered about what He thinks on burial methods?

It wouldn't be too nice to see a decomposed David. I suggest cremation. tongue grin
Re: Between; Burial And Cremation. by Okijajuju1(m): 11:58pm On Jul 03, 2009
michelin89:

It wouldn't be too nice to see a decomposed David. I suggest cremation. tongue grin

I totally agree with you. grin

davidylan:

Now David, I put this here cos I was wondering if religions have stipulated rule for burial. Like I know the muslims wrap theirs in mats and dump them in the ground. So does christianity/islam/e.t.c have any rule as regarding burial.
Re: Between; Burial And Cremation. by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jul 03, 2009
Okija_juju:

Now David, I put this here cos I was wondering if religions have stipulated rule for burial. Like I know the muslims wrap theirs in mats and dump them in the ground. So does christianity/islam/e.t.c have any rule as regarding burial.

Even if such rules existed of what use would they be to you?

why are atheists overly interested in the rules of a God they fall over themselves to declare not to exist?
Re: Between; Burial And Cremation. by Nobody: 12:03am On Jul 04, 2009
@ David

Why are you so harsh? He is interested. Tell him. grin

Peace and Love
Re: Between; Burial And Cremation. by Okijajuju1(m): 12:07am On Jul 04, 2009
davidylan:

Even if such rules existed of what use would they be to you?

why are atheists overly interested in the rules of a God they fall over themselves to declare not to exist?

Cos some christians might just be opting for a particular burial style oblivious to the fact that it might just be a sin. So if you have the answer, you would not only be enducating moi, but also enlightening your kind.
Re: Between; Burial And Cremation. by Nobody: 12:09am On Jul 04, 2009
michelin89:

@ David

Why are you so harsh? He is interested. Tell him. grin

Peace and Love

he is not interested . . . kapish. Just another time-wasting "poking fun at the bible" thread.

Okija_juju:

Cos some christians might just be opting for a particular burial style oblivious to the fact that it might just be a sin. So if you have the answer, you would not only be enducating moi, but also enlightening your kind.

If such christians opt for a burial style of their choice how does that affect you? christianity is a spiritual relationship that has nothing to do with how you bury your dead or wear your sneakers or eat your yam.

I think you shld buy a bible and read it instead of boring us with silly threads like this that are obviously not meant to educate.
Re: Between; Burial And Cremation. by Okijajuju1(m): 12:30am On Jul 04, 2009
Apparently you have no idea.
Re: Between; Burial And Cremation. by Nobody: 12:34am On Jul 04, 2009
Okija_juju:

Apparently you have no idea.

Luke 9:59 And he said unto another, Follow me. But he said, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father.

60 Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God.

1. the bible has no interest in how you bury your dead . . . that has no impact on your eternity.

2. Why dont you ask your fellow atheists . . . i have no idea why you're interested in a God-centric answer to the problems of a godless soul.
Re: Between; Burial And Cremation. by Chrisbenogor(m): 10:15am On Jul 04, 2009
HEHEHEHEHEHE  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Me I will cremate myself, em just incase I am wrong about religion then there will be no body to resurrect  grin grin grin grin grin
Smartest dude in the world grin grin grin grin
Re: Between; Burial And Cremation. by Okijajuju1(m): 1:02pm On Jul 04, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

HEHEHEHEHEHE  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Me I will cremate myself, em just incase I am wrong about religion then there will be no body to resurrect  grin grin grin grin grin
Smartest dude in the world grin grin grin grin

You can say that again!!

I'd like to see Jesus ressurect my ashes from all over the Pacific.
Re: Between; Burial And Cremation. by Alaby(m): 1:13pm On Jul 04, 2009
may i know more of u mister juju cool
Re: Between; Burial And Cremation. by Okijajuju1(m): 1:18am On Jul 05, 2009
Google Okija and be enlightened!! cool
Re: Between; Burial And Cremation. by Alainuy(m): 12:46pm On Dec 17, 2011
Cremation is better option than burial, , and cheaper too,

(1) (Reply)

The Power Of The Baby Jesus And The Flight Into Egypt / Destiny? Is There Anything Like It? / Husbands On The Way — Adefarasin Tells Church’s Spinsters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.