Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,363 members, 7,853,625 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 08:17 PM

How I forgot the names of the 1st man and woman God created in Church - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / How I forgot the names of the 1st man and woman God created in Church (634 Views)

Ruth Kadiri Begs Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde To Meet Her For The 1st Time / Alex & Leo Meet For The 1st Time Since The Bbnaija Show Ended (photos) / View Pics Of The 1st Man Who Give Birth To Baby See How It Happen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How I forgot the names of the 1st man and woman God created in Church by winkmart: 11:37pm On Jan 31, 2016
It was absolute disaster in Church today as I made a serious fool of myself right in the presence of the whole congregation. It was as if the ground should open and swallow me up as the kind of goof i made was so uncalled for and I am not so sure I will be attending that church again in my life as I really and totally disgraced myself, even young kids were laughing at me. It only took the grace of God that I stayed for the rest of the service after my major blunder.

As the service was going on before I messed up. I could recollect that it was kinda boring to me as the choir themselves didn’t make matter so well from the onset. The music was so on a low key today and that really got me so bored. I had initially made up my mind not to engage with my phone, but I just couldn’t help the situation and before I knew it, I was on Facebook, I late moved on to www.lagos.life to read about some of my previous stories as well as other authors on the blog, then I proceeded to Nairaland and so on.

There was this particular post of the forum that so much caught my attention and to make matters worse, a particular guy made a comment and I had totally forgotten I was in the church, I burst out in full laughter and that got the attention of every one in the church. The pastor was already giving the sermon at that moment, he paused and looked in my direction.

I knew the Lord would beat me to hell today as I didn’t even know what next was the plan of the pastor. He stared sternly at me and the whole church was so silent. Everyone anticipating what the Reverend would do to Mr Duke and it was so obvious I was going to be the scape goat as the notice has been on for long that worshipers should do away with any form of phone distraction during any church service.

The pastor asked me to walk to the alter. This I did reluctantly and everyone in the church noticed my legs were shaking vigorously. In-fact I had to support myself with the seats row by row as I was moving towards the alter.

I got to the alter and what happened next would be something I would never forget in my life. If a little child had made this mistake, I would be the 1st person to dash him a gift of slap, but as I made the mistake, I didn’t even know what punishment I deserved as the whole church just opened their mouth in great awe, and as I would be fortunate to some extent, non of my family members was in the church.

The pastor simply asked me, what was the name of the first set of people that God created and my response was as stupid as myself was at that moment. Not that I wouldn’t know what the answer was or is, but my state of mind just made me totally a fool and I responded to the pastor saying[b] “The early men were the 1st set of people that God created”[/b]

Am highly depressed as I write as the whole church just Aweeed!!!!!!

http://lagos.life/i-made-a-fool-of-myself-in-church-today/

lalasticlala

Re: How I forgot the names of the 1st man and woman God created in Church by tripplephi: 12:05am On Feb 01, 2016
winkmart:
It was absolute disaster in Church today as I made a serious fool of myself right in the presence of the whole congregation. It was as if the ground should open and swallow me up as the kind of goof i made was so uncalled for and I am not so sure I will be attending that church again in my life as I really and totally disgraced myself, even young kids were laughing at me. It only took the grace of God that I stayed for the rest of the service after my major blunder.

As the service was going on before I messed up. I could recollect that it was kinda boring to me as the choir themselves didn’t make matter so well from the onset. The music was so on a low key today and that really got me so bored. I had initially made up my mind not to engage with my phone, but I just couldn’t help the situation and before I knew it, I was on Facebook, I late moved on to www.lagos.life to read about some of my previous stories as well as other authors on the blog, then I proceeded to Nairaland and so on.

There was this particular post of the forum that so much caught my attention and to make matters worse, a particular guy made a comment and I had totally forgotten I was in the church, I burst out in full laughter and that got the attention of every one in the church. The pastor was already giving the sermon at that moment, he paused and looked in my direction.

I knew the Lord would beat me to hell today as I didn’t even know what next was the plan of the pastor. He stared sternly at me and the whole church was so silent. Everyone anticipating what the Reverend would do to Mr Duke and it was so obvious I was going to be the scape goat as the notice has been on for long that worshipers should do away with any form of phone distraction during any church service.

The pastor asked me to walk to the alter. This I did reluctantly and everyone in the church noticed my legs were shaking vigorously. In-fact I had to support myself with the seats row by row as I was moving towards the alter.

I got to the alter and what happened next would be something I would never forget in my life. If a little child had made this mistake, I would be the 1st person to dash him a gift of slap, but as I made the mistake, I didn’t even know what punishment I deserved as the whole church just opened their mouth in great awe, and as I would be fortunate to some extent, non of my family members was in the church.

The pastor simply asked me, what was the name of the first set of people that God created and my response was as stupid as myself was at that moment. Not that I wouldn’t know what the answer was or is, but my state of mind just made me totally a fool and I responded to the pastor saying[b] “The early men were the 1st set of people that God created”[/b]

Am highly depressed as I write as the whole church just Aweeed!!!!!!

http://lagos.life/i-made-a-fool-of-myself-in-church-today/

ALL THIS TO ADVERTISE YOUR SITE? YOU TRY

(1) (Reply)

How Olumofin Brothers Were Chased Out Of Toolz Wedding / Shocking:didi Arrested For The Murder Of Tupac Sharkur(video) / Unbelievable'''two Secondary School Students Deeply In Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.