Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,256 members, 7,818,876 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

Islamic Bank Plans To Rebuild North - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Islamic Bank Plans To Rebuild North (769 Views)

Abia, Ebonyi, Enugu Applied For Islamic Bank Loan, Got Senate Approval / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala With Ahmed Mohammed Ali, President Of Islamic Bank (Photos) / Buhari Borrows 2.1 Billion Dollars From World Bank To Rebuild North East (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islamic Bank Plans To Rebuild North by maximunimpact(m): 1:34am On Feb 01, 2016
The Islamic Development Bank (IDB) will develop a plan for the rebuilding of northern Nigeria, the President, Dr. Ahmad Mohamed Ali, has said.

He spoke at IDB’s headquarters in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, when he received five governors from the Northern Nigerian States Governors Forum (NGSGF).

The delegation, led by Borno State Governor Kashim Shettima, included Dr. Abdullahi Umar Ganduje of Kano State, Nasir Ahmad El-Rufa’i of Kaduna State, Umar Tanko Al-Makura of Nasarawa State and Muhammad Badaru Abubakar of Jigawa State.

Ali said: “We will work to come up with a comprehensive and constructive plan to support northern Nigeria. “We will start with education, particularly bilingual education and other areas, such as job creation.

“Before you leave Jeddah, I will like to have a list of your priorities, from education to power, agriculture and so on.”

Governor Shettima said: “In Nigeria, poverty wears a northern face.”

He said the purpose of their visit was to explore avenues to enhance development.

The governor said the region suffered joblessness, low access to education and health care, despite abundant resources.

His words: “It’s a giant with a feet of clay.”

Governor El-Rufa’i told the IDB president that the Northeast required intervention in education, electricity and poverty reduction, adding that insurgency caused poverty.

IDB’s Vice President (operations) Dr. Mansur Muhtar said IDB would look into areas of intervention, particularly in the development of infrastructure, which is a priority in the bank’s 10-year development strategy.

He thanked the delegation for visiting IDB, hoping that it will create a partnership to mobilise resources for the region’s development.

http://www.financialwatchngr.com/2016/02/01/islamic-bank-plans-to-rebuild-north/
Re: Islamic Bank Plans To Rebuild North by SUPERPACK: 1:36am On Feb 01, 2016
SAI CHANGE
Re: Islamic Bank Plans To Rebuild North by Nobody: 3:39am On Feb 01, 2016
into what? a large and gigantic zoo? an islamic caliphate? wetin them wan rebuild sef? was there any structures in place before?
they should just state the obvious, islamic bank wants to expand islam via aiding bokoharam the more
nonsense see this people o, who them wan deceive?
ok, at what expense will the north be rebuilt or will it be for free? nonsense
bubu wants to ISLAMIZE THE ZOO now you guys know that you have been scammed isn't it?
the zoo must fall i tell you, EZIOKWU CHINEKE
Re: Islamic Bank Plans To Rebuild North by Adminisher: 3:58am On Feb 01, 2016
iamkeyz:
into what? a large and gigantic zoo? an islamic caliphate? wetin them wan rebuild sef? was there any structures in place before?
they should just state the obvious, islamic bank wants to expand islam via aiding bokoharam the more
nonsense see this people o, who them wan deceive?
ok, at what expense will the north be rebuilt or will it be for free? nonsense
bubu wants to ISLAMIZE THE ZOO now you guys know that you have been scammed isn't it?
the zoo must fall i tell you, EZIOKWU CHINEKE

We need money to build the North anyway and the people are already Muslim. Maybe your Goodluck fawning brain does not realise that yet. I here better stories about the Islamic bank than satanic illuminati and all other stories I hear about western banks. Or maybe you don't want the place rebuilt , now that is very very dangerous for the south and even your phantom self deceitful and dead Biafra. If we don't do what we need to do now, you cannot stop these guys when they head south. Please take that from me.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamic Bank Plans To Rebuild North by chriskosherbal(m): 5:14am On Feb 01, 2016
Nice development. Check out below
Re: Islamic Bank Plans To Rebuild North by ckmayoca: 5:16am On Feb 01, 2016
Adminisher:

We need money to build the North anyway and the people are already Muslim. Maybe your Goodluck fawning brain does not realise that yet. I here better stories about the Islamic bank than satanic illuminati and all other stories I hear about western banks. Or maybe you don't want the place rebuilt , now that is very very dangerous for the south and even your phantom self deceitful and dead Biafra. If we don't do what we need to do now, you cannot stop these guys when they head south. Please take that from me.

A better stories you said? Like illuminati burning innocent 86 children? Like the illuminati killing citizens in cold blood? Guy always attack ppl when u have point or stay shut up sometimes. We only hear and read illuminati on webs but the other one u compared it with is experienced and heard live!
Re: Islamic Bank Plans To Rebuild North by Adminisher: 5:42am On Feb 01, 2016
ckmayoca:

A better stories you said? Like illuminati burning innocent 86 children? Like the illuminati killing citizens in cold blood? Guy always attack ppl when u have point or stay shut up sometimes. We only hear and read illuminati on webs but the other one u compared it with is experienced and heard live!

Dude I don't believe illuminati/ freemason stories as much as I don't believe the evil of Islamic banking stories. Money is money and Nigeria is broke . I was just responding to jokers saying that taking Islamic money to develop an Islamic area of Nigeria is bad. IDB loans have been taken by Nigerian state governments since the 60s. Nigeria has big things going on that area. Mambila plateau is the best agricultural zone in Nigeria that is GDP growth from farming and agro allied industries. Mambila Hydro electric will generate 5000MW of electricity. So many things but schools have to be open and people have to be resettled . The welfare of Nigeria and the black man is a more important thing than parochial, tribalistic, brain dead thinking.
Like Abuja, if that place us reconstructed and booming, the Ibos would be the first to invest even more in the place for their own growth so what are we talking about.
Re: Islamic Bank Plans To Rebuild North by Pavore9: 5:43am On Feb 01, 2016
lt is good they go source for resources from an lslamic institution to rebuild their region which has been messed up by their own interpretations of the religion.

(1) (Reply)

See Photos #FREEZAKZAKY Rally In India / 3 Important Threads That Didn't Make Front Page Today / EFCC Provides Evidence Of N225,000 Transfer From Rickey Tarfa To Justice Yunusa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.