Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,805 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

Four Nigerian Banks Among World’s Top 500 - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Four Nigerian Banks Among World’s Top 500 (28603 Views)

First Bank, Gtbank, Others Among Top 500 Globally / Forbes Names Dangote, Putin, Trump Among World’s Most Powerful / Four Nigerian Banks Among World’s Top 500 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Four Nigerian Banks Among World’s Top 500 by ITbomb(m): 6:23am On Feb 01, 2016
lonelydora:

Meanwhile,
I prefer to do business with Wema, Keystone, Unity bank, where i will be treated like a King and not all these First, GTB, Zenith, UBA bank, where i will be treated like a palace guard.
Yeah
This is why I prefer my FCMB.

First bank and MTN customers made me understand something odd about Nigerians.
Just give them a good first impression, create a premium brand feeling, brag and publish figures, associate with the high and mighty then watch as Nigerians will flock to you even when you treat them with disdain, long queues and intolerant customer service.

2 Likes

Re: Four Nigerian Banks Among World’s Top 500 by adaweezy(m): 6:24am On Feb 01, 2016
grandstar:

It actually means a lot.

For instance there was formally British Petroleum. Now they are simply called BP. In corporate circles, its a big thing
Corporate name is different from registered name
Re: Four Nigerian Banks Among World’s Top 500 by lonelydora: 6:32am On Feb 01, 2016
grandstar:

At 306 to $1, the economy is close to being finished. Buhari snd Emefiele's case is the proverbial blind leading theblind. The economy has now entered the pit.

The naira will touch 400 before year end

Did you read through a post yesterday narrating how Emefiele is not the problem?

Please read and learn

https://www.nairaland.com/2882970/see-why-naira-may-fall
Re: Four Nigerian Banks Among World’s Top 500 by bizgai(m): 6:39am On Feb 01, 2016
Banks without benefits to ordinary customers are nothing but buffoons. # I see banks of political thiefing class in the list. Tell me i'm wrong
Re: Four Nigerian Banks Among World’s Top 500 by Nobody: 6:41am On Feb 01, 2016
Destined2win:
Less than 48 hours after joining Zenith, na so dey remove #100 without any transaction, I guess they welcomed me with that deduction.

All the same congrats to them
Zenith bank deducted 380 from my account for sms charges....
Re: Four Nigerian Banks Among World’s Top 500 by grandstar(m): 6:44am On Feb 01, 2016
lonelydora:

Did you read through a post yesterday narrating how Emefiele is not the problem?

Please read and learn

https://www.nairaland.com/2882970/see-why-naira-may-fall

He said nothing!

Norway, an oil producing country of 5m people managed its oil income best.

Their budget will balance if oil fell to $20.

Despite this super solid record, the currency lost 26% of its value with the present fall in the price of crude oil.

Nigeria with its dismal record refuses to devalue! Does it make sense to you? There is no option but to devalue further Emefiele and Buhari are guilty of mismanaging the crisis
Re: Four Nigerian Banks Among World’s Top 500 by don4real18(m): 6:51am On Feb 01, 2016
grandstar:

At 306 to $1, the economy is close to being finished. Buhari snd Emefiele's case is the proverbial blind leading theblind. The economy has now entered the pit.

The naira will touch 400 before year end
And you heap blames on the present government for the naira free fall.... SMH
Re: Four Nigerian Banks Among World’s Top 500 by bishop4life(m): 6:56am On Feb 01, 2016
grandstar:

It actually means a lot.

For instance there was formally British Petroleum. Now they are simply called BP. In corporate circles, its a big thing

Nawaaa for you oo. GTB is simply "Guarantee Trust Bank".
Re: Four Nigerian Banks Among World’s Top 500 by lonelydora: 6:57am On Feb 01, 2016
grandstar:

He said nothing!

Norway, an oil producing country of 5m people managed its oil income best.

Their budget will balance if oil fell to $20.

Despite this super solid record, the currency lost 26% of its value with the present fall in the price of crude oil.

Nigeria with its dismal record refuses to devalue! Does it make sense to you? There is no option but to devalue further Emefiele and Buhari are guilty of mismanaging the crisis

I totally agree with you, but Norway saved their SWF in excess of 1trillion dollars, while Nigeria was sharing among politicians. Devaluing naira is the best for now but how long shall we continue to devalue?
Re: Four Nigerian Banks Among World’s Top 500 by eluquenson(m): 7:00am On Feb 01, 2016
UBA for sure, the Africa's Global Bank

We are proud

1 Like

Re: Four Nigerian Banks Among World’s Top 500 by bishop4life(m): 7:01am On Feb 01, 2016
don4real18:

And you heap blames on the present government for the naira free fall.... SMH

No, we should blame Nnamdi Azikiwe and Abubarka Tafawa Belewa.
Re: Four Nigerian Banks Among World’s Top 500 by Chinoble(f): 7:13am On Feb 01, 2016
ok. They try

btw, I received two alerts from quickteller yesterday saying that
1. N3000 has been transferred into my eco account by me
2. 15,000 has been transferred into my FBN account by me
my Bro called me last week to ask if I transferred 8k to him cus he just got the alert from quickteller
I don't understand these but I'll go and check my balance through Atm today sha
please have any of you been experiencing these or just me?
Hope they are not scammers and hope they are not playing joke with my UBA account
Re: Four Nigerian Banks Among World’s Top 500 by Chukazu: 7:33am On Feb 01, 2016
IDEKEALUMONA:

Soludo's consolidation

Nigerians have so far failed to realized and acknowledge the lofty legacy Soludo bequeathed to us.
Re: Four Nigerian Banks Among World’s Top 500 by 2n2k(m): 7:44am On Feb 01, 2016
grandstar:
There is no more Guaranty Trust Bank. Its now GTB. Take note

Guaranty Trust Bank Plc is its registered name known to law. GTBank is just a trading name for its banking business. It is like Etisalat. You won't find etisalat in the list of companies registered by Corporate Affairs Commission but that is its trading name.
Re: Four Nigerian Banks Among World’s Top 500 by hasyn04(m): 7:55am On Feb 01, 2016
Where da bleep is FIDELITY BANK??
Diaryofnaija:
First Bank of Nigeria Limited, Guaranty Trust Bank Plc, Zenith Bank Plc and United Bank for Africa have been named among the world’s top 500 banks. A new study conducted by the United Kingdom-based The Banker Magazine gave this verdict.

The 2016 The Banker and Brand Finance Top 500 Banking Brands report showed that First Bank retained its number one banking brand ranking in Nigeria for the fifth consecutive year.

First Bank moved up the scale by 16 places, rising from 336th position in 2015 to 320th this year.

The ranking was published in the February edition of The Banker magazine of the Financial Times Group in conjunction with London-based Brand Finance.

While GTB moved to 389 in the world from 417 in 2015, Zenith Bank dropped from 388 in 2015 to 392 in 2016.

UBA returned to the ranking in 447, while Access Bank Plc dropped from the 2016 ranking. Access Bank was ranked 496 in 2015.

A statement by the Country Representative of The Banker magazine in Nigeria, Mr. Kunle Ogedengbe, noted that First Bank’s brand value increased to $322m in 2016 from $300m in 2015 while that of GTB also increased to $243m from $213m.

A brand value is the licensing rate that a third-party would need to pay to use the bank’s brand.

The 2016 brand value of Zenith Bank increased to $238m from $235 in 2015 while UBA that made a return to the ranking since 2012 has a brand value of $198m. UBA’s brand value in 2012 was $121m.

According to The Banker magazine, of the five countries in Africa that made the ranking, Nigeria has the highest brand value increase of $249m.

Egypt moved up by $239m; Togo gained $134m while South Africa and Morocco lost $878mn and $213m respectively.

Source - http://www.punchng.com/four-nigerian-banks-among-worlds-top-500-banks/

Cc lalasticlala
Re: Four Nigerian Banks Among World’s Top 500 by Brianpat(m): 8:00am On Feb 01, 2016
Wow glad my two banks are mentioned.....

First bank

UBA
Re: Four Nigerian Banks Among World’s Top 500 by grandstar(m): 8:05am On Feb 01, 2016
2n2k:

Guaranty Trust Bank Plc is its registered name known to law. GTBank is just a trading name for its banking business. It is like Etisalat. You won't find etisalat in the list of companies registered by Corporate Affairs Commission but that is its trading name.

Thanks
Re: Four Nigerian Banks Among World’s Top 500 by engrshakespeare: 8:21am On Feb 01, 2016
[quote author=chronique post=42509553]Good development for them. Been banking with First Bank for 16 years now and FCMB,for about 2 years. Apart from the crowd issue at first bank and their occasional network problem,I think they're good to go. At least,you can put your little coins there and be rest assured that the bank won't fold up. FCMB on the other hand,allows me transfer funds with a flat rate of 100 Naira,as compared to First bank's 3000 Naira per every 1million. That's pretty attractive. #team First bank Nigeria and First city monument bank.

Do you mean transfer outside d country
Re: Four Nigerian Banks Among World’s Top 500 by Julietcutie(f): 8:21am On Feb 01, 2016
lonelydora:
PMB is working through Emefiele. PMB must reset this country by fire by force, whether wailers want it or not.

Meanwhile,

I prefer to do business with Wema, Keystone, Unity bank, where i will be treated like a King and not all these First, GTB, Zenith, UBA bank, where i will be treated like a palace guard.
lol

1 Like

Re: Four Nigerian Banks Among World’s Top 500 by engrshakespeare: 8:28am On Feb 01, 2016
Re: Four Nigerian Banks Among World’s Top 500 by chronique(m): 8:37am On Feb 01, 2016
No. Within. Current account. Noticed it 2 yrs back when I did a transaction and I inquired from the dude at the counter and he said they charge 3k per every 1m. That was what even propmted me to open the FCMB account. [quote author=engrshakespeare post=42512320][/quote]
Re: Four Nigerian Banks Among World’s Top 500 by lonelydora: 9:14am On Feb 01, 2016
Julietcutie:

lol

If to say I never marry, maka Chukwu, I for marry you. You look like those Caribbean girls I usually see in Dominique's Island. wink

1 Like

Re: Four Nigerian Banks Among World’s Top 500 by MrEverest(m): 9:16am On Feb 01, 2016
Jerrosky1986:
sha No Ecobank. I talk am. Ecobank with ancient computers and workers
Ecobank is not listed in Nigeria, it is headquartered at Lome in Togo as Ecobank transnational corporation, it is the reason why Togo appeared on the list along with Nigeria, SA, Egypt & Morocco. It was originaly owned by ecowas but bulk of its revenue comes from their Nigerian operations.
Re: Four Nigerian Banks Among World’s Top 500 by Nobody: 9:16am On Feb 01, 2016
How the hell did UBA get there undecided

1 Like

Re: Four Nigerian Banks Among World’s Top 500 by Nobody: 9:19am On Feb 01, 2016
Destined2win:
Less than 48 hours after joining Zenith, na so dey remove #100 without any transaction, I guess they welcomed me with that deduction.

All the same congrats to them
was it #100 or #1000 coz if it was #1000 then it was 4 ur atm card. I wasn't debited #100 when I opened an account with them.
Re: Four Nigerian Banks Among World’s Top 500 by Nobody: 9:22am On Feb 01, 2016
Speechless3:
I still hate UBA
I wonder how that ancient of days bank made the list.
Re: Four Nigerian Banks Among World’s Top 500 by Nobody: 9:24am On Feb 01, 2016
I remember when a certain bank called Oceanic bank lead the pack on this list but dat woman Cecilia Ibru allowed her greed to get hold of her. Shame!
Re: Four Nigerian Banks Among World’s Top 500 by Nobody: 9:29am On Feb 01, 2016
Weselion:
Zenith bank deducted 380 from my account for sms charges....

Bros no be today e start. when they always send d same sms twice to one's phone why won't d sms charge be that high?

1 Like

Re: Four Nigerian Banks Among World’s Top 500 by wiseoneking: 9:33am On Feb 01, 2016
GEJ works still speaks.
Re: Four Nigerian Banks Among World’s Top 500 by Nobody: 9:51am On Feb 01, 2016
dumo1:

I wonder how that ancient of days bank made the list.
My bro i wonder too o
Re: Four Nigerian Banks Among World’s Top 500 by Ezenwa11(m): 10:26am On Feb 01, 2016
Jerrosky1986:
sha No Ecobank. I talk am. Ecobank with ancient computers and workers
grin ECOBANK IS ONE THE WORST BANKS IN AFRICA, NO INTERNET BANKING, YOU CAN'T TRANSFER WITH THEIR ATM CARDS, MOBILE BANKING ZERO, CUSTOMER CARE ZERO, BANK LOAN ZERO, MOBILE BANKING APPS NIL, INDISCRIMINATE CHARGES 100%, SECURITY NIL. I PITY FOR THAT ANCIENT BANK WITH ANCIENT MANAGERS.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Customs Impounds Dangote Truck With N47 Million Contraband Poultry (Photos) / Abdul Samad Rabiu: BUA Petroleum Refinery Ready In 2024 / Merchants Dump POS, Inactive Terminals Hit 131,201

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.