Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,470 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:08 AM

Nikon D90 With Two Prime Lenses - Should I Buy? - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Nikon D90 With Two Prime Lenses - Should I Buy? (2031 Views)

Where To Buy Old Slr Cameras And Lenses In Nigeria / Owerri Residence: Battery For Camera D90 / RENT FILM-MAKING EQUIPMENT, CAMERA, LENSES, LIGHT, CRANE, PROJECTORS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nikon D90 With Two Prime Lenses - Should I Buy? by deturla: 4:48am On Feb 01, 2016
Hi Guys, I just started my photography classes and in need of a camera to buy. After telling a couple of my friends, someone told me to buy a Nikon D90 with two prime lenses.

Please is it advisable that I buy? I was considering Canon 7D before but I could not afford it.

Please I would appreciate advice from experts in the house. Thanks
Re: Nikon D90 With Two Prime Lenses - Should I Buy? by deturla: 7:33pm On Feb 01, 2016
deturla:
Hi Guys, I just started my photography classes and in need of a camera to buy. After telling a couple of my friends, someone told me to buy a Nikon D90 with two prime lenses.

Please is it advisable that I buy? I was considering Canon 7D before but I could not afford it.

Can anyone advise pls?
Re: Nikon D90 With Two Prime Lenses - Should I Buy? by lordmario(m): 10:38pm On Feb 01, 2016
deturla:

Yes D90 is good but are the lenses still good? You have to have that into consideration. Its not about the number of lenses but how good they are. Good luck bro
Re: Nikon D90 With Two Prime Lenses - Should I Buy? by deturla: 10:43pm On Feb 01, 2016
lordmario:

Yes D90 is good but are the lenses still good? You have to have that into consideration. Its not about the number of lenses but how good they are. Good luck bro

Thank God, since 4am that i posted this....lol..thanks alot bro. But please what budget cam can i get for between 100-150k with prime lns?

You advise would be appreciated.
Re: Nikon D90 With Two Prime Lenses - Should I Buy? by xzibukz(m): 3:25am On Feb 02, 2016
deturla:

Thank God, since 4am that i posted this....lol..thanks alot bro. But please what budget cam can i get for between 100-150k with prime lns?

#150k should get you:
*nikon d5200 body
*50mm f1.8 G
*Yn 565ex speedlight

1 Like

Re: Nikon D90 With Two Prime Lenses - Should I Buy? by lordmario(m): 8:30am On Feb 02, 2016
deturla:

I think with 180k you should be able to get Nikon D7000 and it will come with a kit lens. Prime lense Nikkor 50mm 1.8 will cost u additional 30k. You can also get Canon 600D for 100k and buy 50mm 1.8 prime for 30k. Hope this helps

1 Like

Re: Nikon D90 With Two Prime Lenses - Should I Buy? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Feb 06, 2016
As the poster above suggested, i think you should go for a Canon EOS 600D instead of a D90 which was released 2008. @ deturla
Re: Nikon D90 With Two Prime Lenses - Should I Buy? by deturla: 4:40am On Feb 07, 2016
Thavybe:
As the poster above suggested, i think you should go for a Canon EOS 600D instead of a D90 which was released 2008. @ deturla

Thanks a lot guys. I settled for Canon EoS 7D eventually with a lens of 18-135mm. It was really nice.

Do u know more about the canon 7d. You can give me heads up based on ur experience. Thanks
Re: Nikon D90 With Two Prime Lenses - Should I Buy? by VillageBoi(m): 8:14am On Feb 10, 2016
deturla:

Thanks a lot guys. I settled for Canon EoS 7D eventually with a lens of 18-135mm. It was really nice.

Do u know more about the canon 7d. You can give me heads up based on ur experience. Thanks

The 7D is a good camera and it was a wise choice to go with the zoom lens for starters as you have a much wider focal range. One of the commenters mentioned getting a flash - you probably will need one as 'stock' zooms are not fast. As time goes on you can look at getting a 50mm f1.8 or preferably the f1.4 for low-light shooting. 50mm on a 7D which has a crop factor of 1.6 is 'sort of' like using an 85mm on a 'full-frame' camera such as the Canon 5D versions and is considered a very good 'portrait' lens.
Best of luck with everything.
Re: Nikon D90 With Two Prime Lenses - Should I Buy? by deturla: 3:03pm On Feb 10, 2016
VillageBoi:

The 7D is a good camera and it was a wise choice to go with the zoom lens for starters as you have a much wider focal range. One of the commenters mentioned getting a flash - you probably will need one as 'stock' zooms are not fast. As time goes on you can look at getting a 50mm f1.8 or preferably the f1.4 for low-light shooting. 50mm on a 7D which has a crop factor of 1.6 is 'sort of' like using an 85mm on a 'full-frame' camera such as the Canon 5D versions and is considered a very good 'portrait' lens.
Best of luck with everything.

Thanks a lot bro.....i appreciate, I'm actually thinking of going for a 70-200mm lens later on! What do u think?
Re: Nikon D90 With Two Prime Lenses - Should I Buy? by VillageBoi(m): 7:02pm On Feb 10, 2016
deturla:

Thanks a lot bro.....i appreciate, I'm actually thinking of going for a 70-200mm lens later on! What do u think?

Depends, what sort of photography are you interested in and focusing on? That is a highly telephoto lens on a 7D... an equivalent look of 112-320mm so a wider telephoto would probably be more useful... still depends what sort of photography you'll be doing.
Re: Nikon D90 With Two Prime Lenses - Should I Buy? by deturla: 6:54pm On Apr 23, 2016
VillageBoi:

Depends, what sort of photography are you interested in and focusing on? That is a highly telephoto lens on a 7D... an equivalent look of 112-320mm so a wider telephoto would probably be more useful... still depends what sort of photography you'll be doing.

Hey bro, many thanks for this. I went for a Canon 7D eventually with my lens 18-135 mm. It is an amazing gear! I tell you...I call her Electra, cos it is classy, elegant and electric. It practically follows me everywhere!

Re: Nikon D90 With Two Prime Lenses - Should I Buy? by VillageBoi(m): 9:17pm On Apr 26, 2016
deturla:

Hey bro, many thanks for this. I went for a Canon 7D eventually with my lens 18-135 mm. It is an amazing gear! I tell you...I call her Electra, cos it is classy, elegant and electric. It practically follows me everywhere!

Nice! Lol @ 'Electra' wink

(1) (Reply)

Mobile Movies For Ur Phone (full) / P2 Panasonic Hvx200 Profesional Camera 4 Sale / Clean UK Used Apple Macbook Pro 13" Core I5 Retina Display, 1.5GB Graphics Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.