Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,733 members, 7,824,066 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

Lagos Bars Okada From Highways - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Bars Okada From Highways (4955 Views)

Army Re-opens Borno Highways Three Years After Closure / Withdrawal Of Officers From Vips: Police Deploy Men To Airports, Highways To... / Police To Begin Stop And Search On Roads And Highways Nationwide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Bars Okada From Highways by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jul 01, 2009
My aboki maigard called Maina (my daughter calls him Mannah! grin) was able to put aside 60k and one morning around 8am, he went to Oyingbo with his friend to purchased a Bajaj motorcycle.

He has never ride okada before all his life, but his friend taught him from 11am till 3pm, and before you say okada, he has entered the road and started carrying passengers as an okada rider. (That is a suicide killer on the loose shocked)

A lot of these aboki guys are in lagos to do okada business especially around apapa and ikeja and more often, they hardly knows the Lagos roads well enough. Thatz why they don't mention any price until they have taken you to your destination.
Re: Lagos Bars Okada From Highways by sley4life(m): 5:16pm On Jul 01, 2009
i hope the okada riders will obey the directive. The okader riders like competing with car drivers. U will see okada plying lagos- ibadan express. They wan turn van damme over night
Re: Lagos Bars Okada From Highways by chipass(m): 7:34pm On Jul 01, 2009
That Okada is banned on highways is fine. Nobody can fault that. I live and work in Lagos but I have a problem identifying the 'major highways' that are affected by the ban. I wonder how an okada man will figure out which highways not to ply.

I think the government should embark on an enlightenment campaign (especially on the radio using pidgin english) listing all the highways affected. If this is not done, what the governor has done is to give the police and LASMA officials a meal ticket.
Re: Lagos Bars Okada From Highways by omobadubaioloye(m): 9:00pm On Jul 01, 2009
Thank u sir our good governor.This is long over due and we all welcome it.OKADA plying KETU to OJOTAand vice versa una don hear oooooooooooooooooo.
Re: Lagos Bars Okada From Highways by tayoast(m): 10:58pm On Jul 01, 2009
I personally think its smth worthy of discussion in the National Assembly.

At times, when i see the okadas on the highway, i ask myself, what is he doing on the highway?

Personally, i'd never climb any okada on the highway, it's suicidal!
Re: Lagos Bars Okada From Highways by arogbowei: 11:26pm On Jul 01, 2009
Very well supported. if you visit our orthopedic hospital in Igbobi, you'll call for outright ban. Let them limit their trade to the inner roads, the carnage is too much, i barely escaped a crash late last year.

Meanwhile, adequate info on what roads constitute high ways should be made available to the various okada unions operating in the state.

Very well supported.
Re: Lagos Bars Okada From Highways by desgiezd(m): 9:08am On Jul 02, 2009
What I have noticed lately is that these okada riders stay at the middle of the road abandoning the road side and when you blow your horn for them to give way, both the okada man and the passengers rain curses on you.
Re: Lagos Bars Okada From Highways by Nezan(m): 10:10am On Jul 02, 2009
more Okada=more traffic/security concerns
Re: Lagos Bars Okada From Highways by Nobody: 11:04am On Jul 02, 2009
As far as im concerned,d only set of okada rider's dat shld be taken of d highways of las gidi are d hausa one's.d aboki's are d most careless set of bike riders ive ever come across.dey drive as though they are blind.sometime last year 1 of dem nearly got me killed.wen in other 2 beat d lekki traffic i had to take a bike 4rm d palms 2 ajah.i had a serious injury on my shoulder and thigh dat took 2 mnths to heal, and funny enof na 4 island dem aboki okada riders pack put sef, but 1 tin is dat we cant do witout dem in lagos, it cld work in another state but nt lagos, its really workin 4 dem in enugu.now wen im on a bike i pray 2 God,i dont miss dat!!
Re: Lagos Bars Okada From Highways by kalmebad(f): 11:17am On Jul 02, 2009
Okada riders are a menace to our major highways and they must be ban

Coming later than expected though,

The loss is more than the gain, and 90% of d riders are very reckless

SOmetimes its hard on which to avoid,cars on highway,abi okada's.

People will obviously get use to it, come to think of it, what of when there was no okada

Uncle Fash, biko ban them without thinking twice
Re: Lagos Bars Okada From Highways by dnex(m): 11:39am On Jul 02, 2009
I think it is wrong for the Lagos state government to embark on enlightenment campaign on what a highway is. If someone is plying a vehicle on public roads and doesn't know what a highway is, they should be arrested immediately. Abeg make LASTMA jeun soke.

All the same though, What happens to those bike riders for courier companies. To an extent, they are bikes used for commercial purposes, though they ride carefully.

Unless the government will say no more passenger bikes on highways but right this second, I just remembered those that have power bikes and drive them to work or for fun. This thing has to be phrased properly so it doesn't sound like segregating the poor.

Truth is though, at the end of the day, poor people should leave Lagos: beggars, okada riders, cart pushers, hawkers, roadside sellers, touts, molue drivers, prostitutes and roadside mechanics.
Re: Lagos Bars Okada From Highways by oyinda3(f): 10:55pm On Jul 02, 2009
ilugunboy:

My aboki maigard called Maina (my daughter calls him Mannah! grin) was able to put aside 60k and one morning around 8am, he went to Oyingbo with his friend to purchased a Bajaj motorcycle.

He has never ride okada before all his life, but his friend taught him from 11am till 3pm, and before you say okada, he has entered the road and started carrying passengers as an okada rider. (That is a suicide killer on the loose shocked)

A lot of these aboki guys are in lagos to do okada business especially around apapa and ikeja and more often, they hardly knows the Lagos roads well enough. Thatz why they don't mention any price until they have taken you to your destination.

funniest post on this topic so far. lol
Re: Lagos Bars Okada From Highways by lastpage: 4:55am On Jul 03, 2009
@dnex
Truth is though, at the end of the day, poor people should leave Lagos: beggars, okada riders, cart pushers, hawkers, roadside sellers, touts, molue drivers, prostitutes and roadside mechanics.

Haaba, wetin sef?
Wetin be your beef with poor people sef?
Is it poor people that ruined this country or the rich ones (after embezzling our treasury)?
Is it poor people that swear and do all those Okija, Ijebu-ode, Cliford Orji, "Baba sleep with son's wife" stunts we read about in the papers?
Is it poor people that evade tax in Lagos?
Is it poor people that slap Policemen on the road?
Is poor people that blow siren and run other poor people off the road?
Is it poor people that do all those owambe party(s), spraying naira (and Dolapo) notes like its tissue paper?

When your car breaks down in the rain at Apogbon, who do you call to push it: Poor People
When you buy a truckload of groceries at the market and you need carriage to your car, Hey, poor people oooo
When you have a flat tire and you need o do a change who does the sweating?: Poor people
Who sells you that fine Beans that you call "Ewa-Agoin"? , Poor people
You need to clear your drain and clean windows, You begin halla to poor people!
When you need to cause Mayhem after loosing an election, who do you recruit? , Poor people
When you want to build your fine houses at Lekki and you need laborers, which people will answer your call?, Poor people
Is it poor people that, look, mind ya self O!

Can all the poor people in the house supply all other things we do for this "ingrates" of a rich people?

Infact, lets go on a strike and lets see how the Rich people will survive without us grin

Lagos is nothing, l repeat, "NUFHIN" without its poor people!, and we ain't going no-where! tongue

, and remember, the day you decide to set your house on fire and Firebrigade comes with empty truck!,
its we poor people that will be running around to save your neck and properties, with a miserable buckets of water, shouting:
"Aaaahhh,, fire-fire, omi daa? Wataaahh,, Eeeeeh, dis fine house must not burn finish! cry cry cry

Fashola, oya, drive us out and lets see who will vote for you! (abi u tink say it is "reesh" people that stand in the rain/sun on election day?)
I dey come, all poor people, come make we start we meeting, abegi o!!
Even sef, "Poor Peoples Party" (P.P.P.) go win Fashola in 2011 elections shocked tongue
, and we will relocate and confine "him" and other "reesh" people to "reserved GRA's" like Makoko, Bariga, Iwaya, Ijora, e.t.c!

Nonsense "reesh" people, arrogant and unfriendly lot!

Lastpage.
Re: Lagos Bars Okada From Highways by oyinda3(f): 6:21am On Jul 03, 2009
dnex:

the rich man has spoken cheesy cheesy
poor people should be mass murdered sef. don't u agree??
Re: Lagos Bars Okada From Highways by Kobojunkie: 6:24am On Jul 03, 2009
Nigerian pasttime . . . . Our number one solution to most all our problems . . . Banning !!!

Ban ! Ban!! Ban!!! Ban, Bannity . . . . . Bannity ooo!!! grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Lagos Bars Okada From Highways by oyinda3(f): 6:26am On Jul 03, 2009
kobojunkie u're banned sef angry
Re: Lagos Bars Okada From Highways by Nezan(m): 11:08am On Jul 03, 2009
oyinda.:

the rich man has spoken cheesy cheesy
poor people should be mass murdered sef. don't u agree??
How?
Re: Lagos Bars Okada From Highways by Fhemmmy: 3:37pm On Jul 03, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Nigerian pasttime . . . . Our number one solution to most all our problems . . . Banning !!!

Ban ! Ban!! Ban!!! Ban, Bannity . . . . . Bannity ooo!!! grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy

Lol grin
Re: Lagos Bars Okada From Highways by ehisianya(m): 12:30pm On Jul 05, 2009

Haaba, wetin sef?
Wetin be your beef with poor people sef?
Is it poor people that ruined this country or the rich ones (after embezzling our treasury)?
Is it poor people that swear and do all those Okija, Ijebu-ode, Cliford Orji, "Baba sleep with son's wife" stunts we read about in the papers?
Is it poor people that evade tax in Lagos?
Is it poor people that slap Policemen on the road?
Is poor people that blow siren and run other poor people off the road?
Is it poor people that do all those owambe party(s), spraying naira (and Dolapo) notes like its tissue paper?

When your car breaks down in the rain at Apogbon, who do you call to push it: Poor People
When you buy a truckload of groceries at the market and you need carriage to your car, Hey, poor people oooo
When you have a flat tire and you need o do a change who does the sweating?: Poor people
Who sells you that fine Beans that you call "Ewa-Agoin"? , Poor people
You need to clear your drain and clean windows, You begin halla to poor people!
When you need to cause Mayhem after loosing an election, who do you recruit? , Poor people
When you want to build your fine houses at Lekki and you need laborers, which people will answer your call?, Poor people
Is it poor people that, look, mind ya self O!

Can all the poor people in the house supply all other things we do for this "ingrates" of a rich people?

Infact, lets go on a strike and lets see how the Rich people will survive without us

Lagos is nothing, l repeat, "NUFHIN" without its poor people!, and we ain't going no-where!

, and remember, the day you decide to set your house on fire and Firebrigade comes with empty truck!,
its we poor people that will be running around to save your neck and properties, with a miserable buckets of water, shouting:
"Aaaahhh,, fire-fire, omi daa? Wataaahh,, Eeeeeh, dis fine house must not burn finish!
[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000] shocked

A little sleep and a little slumber, POVERTY will come knocking.

A poor Man is a Man who cannot convert innate potientials in measurable performance indices.

POVERTY,a twin brother to AIDS.

IS only in the Dictionary that the word PLEASURE comes b/4 works.

We are where we are 2day b/c we have decided to do the same thing every day and expect different result.

POOR MAN , an achitect of his misfortune : wives, children, etc.

Can u immagine am the FIRST GRADUATE in my town age 26. No body may come b/4 in the nearest future.

Went home to contribute my quota, and nearly loose my head if not for GOD. wHO WANTS TO KILL ME POOR MAN.

I STRONGLY HOPE SOME ARE DESTINED.

MAY GOD HELP.
Re: Lagos Bars Okada From Highways by lastpage: 1:18am On Jul 06, 2009
Ehisianya!
Firt village graduate @26yrs!! grin

Now, some old lady won the equivalent of about #2.4 Billion naira (about 10,million Pounds!) from the Lottery, not too long ago.
Now, she is rich beyond comprehension (for an "about to depart"!  grin)

Going by your definition (or Poem!) of poverty, do you think that lady is rich because of HARDWORK?

One very poor man has just one child from his only darling of a wife; Abiola has ? (how many wives and children sef?)
but he died (was murdered!) a Multi-Billionaire, even some of his children will die Multi-Millionaire (he did some fixed, million-naira deposit for them at birth!)

Now, between the single-child, single-wife man and M.K.O. Abiola, if "number of wives and children" is an indicator for poverty, who is supposed to be poorer?  grin

Now, l think l know why "you went home and nearly lost that your coconut head"!,
Your co-villagers tell me you were saying too much "RUBBISH"!  shocked grin (lol)

Have you heard of "being at the right place at the right time" before?
Some call it Luck, some say its Destiny, others in my "church" call it MIRACLE!
Somebody shout Haaalelooooooooo, 

There is a word call "OPPORTUNITY", it knocks on doors but not everyone's door!
It can be inherited,, if your parents are "sharp",, nothing to do with your hardwork!
It can differentiate between poverty and Riches.

How you "manage it" afterwards, is another kettle of fish
!

Hardwork is good but it is not enough neither is it a "pre-requisite"
Had that not been the case, the "Alabarus" (load carriers) and peasant farmers, should have been the richest but are they?

Now that you're the "first graduate" in your village, may you not be the last.
May you assist other younger ones to follow in your footstep.

Finally, learn to WORK SMART, EVEN IF YOU INSIST ON WORKING HARD!

cheers,
Lastpage.

BTW: if you want to "repeat" what someone posted, pls use the "quotation marks" "***"
Re: Lagos Bars Okada From Highways by babapupa: 3:39am On Jul 06, 2009
see as den make okada the scape goat.

wetin open ditch dey do for ground to start with? abi na okada dig ditch put for ground?

if na yankee, the dead victims (RIP) families don enter money be that, den go sue the state abi local government and collect serious money for living the ditch open.
Re: Lagos Bars Okada From Highways by modobo: 8:09am On Jul 06, 2009
tongue So far the law has not worked or maybe they are still cooking it. You cannot train an okada, many of them have bad eye sight and they cannot afford glasses. They also don't have a fast thinking faculty and they operate mainly on instinct.

The okada is a very dangerous animal that ruins life. If you go out walking in Lagos and you get back home without being run over or maimed by an okada, you should give thanks and glory.
Re: Lagos Bars Okada From Highways by soulamanne(m): 9:37am On Jul 06, 2009
long overdue!but i think outright banning will do.truth is they ve found a way to integrate into our lives but they ve caused more harms than good.yes we will miss them somehow(i use the a lot)but we will always find a way out.better to get to ur appointment late than dead!

they are just a fallout of a decayed transprt system
Re: Lagos Bars Okada From Highways by kdanc(m): 9:26pm On Jul 08, 2009
its for the welfare
of all Nigerian.

good work
Re: Lagos Bars Okada From Highways by Fhemmmy: 9:42pm On Jul 08, 2009
modobo:

tongue So far the law has not worked or maybe they are still cooking it. You cannot train an okada, many of them have bad eye sight and they cannot afford glasses. They also don't have a fast thinking faculty and they operate mainly on instinct.

The okada is a very dangerous animal that ruins life. If you go out walking in Lagos and you get back home without being run over or maimed by an okada, you should give thanks and glory.

show me any law in Nigeria that works.
i will show you what is not really a law, or something that only the sharia wants
Re: Lagos Bars Okada From Highways by MrCrackles(m): 9:43pm On Jul 08, 2009
Wetin Okada men dey find for highways sef angry
Re: Lagos Bars Okada From Highways by Fhemmmy: 9:44pm On Jul 08, 2009
MrCrackles:

Wetin Okada men dey find for highways sef angry

I wonder too, and i pity the people dem dey carry, people dont seems to value their own life at all
Re: Lagos Bars Okada From Highways by modobo: 1:34am On Jul 09, 2009
Not that people don't value their own life, its just that its late only when its too late then they realise that it has always been a risk they took.
Oh it cant happen to me! cheesy Oh it cant happen to me! grin Oh it cant happen to me! shocked Oh it just did!! cry Too late.
Re: Lagos Bars Okada From Highways by Akindamola(m): 11:52am On Jul 10, 2009
Ain sad cryt fair
Re: Lagos Bars Okada From Highways by wale4x35(m): 4:03pm On Jun 24, 2010
Should this guy be banned from plying ONLY highways with these 4 kids or should be banned 4eva?

In my own opinion, okada riders MUST be outrightly BANNED angry angry angry

Re: Lagos Bars Okada From Highways by mensdept: 3:56am On Jun 25, 2010
They are very wreckless on one hand but convenient on another.

As for highways, they have absolutely no business there. You can't even get to your destination in Lagos within 2 hrs because of this madness.

Anyway, pls Fashola, give those people jobs o'
Re: Lagos Bars Okada From Highways by iwindow: 12:22pm On Nov 19, 2012
monkey dey carry monkey climb palm tree

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See The Lady That Renounced Her Nationality As A Nigerian ( Pic) / Igbo Bag's Billions Of ₦aira From Our Monetary System Failure? / What Udom Emmanuel Has Turned Akwa Ibom Road Into (before/now)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.