Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:55 AM

Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? (9801 Views)

Dear Christians, Why Are Developed/educated Countries Leaving Religion? / Christians, Why Do You Hate Richard Dawkins this much? / I Am Shocked Beyond Words! Christians Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? by Nobody: 11:13am On Feb 01, 2016
I mean I find it so hard to believe in this God. Too much inconsistencies in the Bible. Too deep a silence from God since the biblical era.

How do you do it? How can you live through all these absurdities and inconsistencies in the Bible without asking questions or without harbouring questions. And how are you so sure about the bible being the dictates of God, especially considering the fact that is filled with scientific inaccuracies and absurdities? How do I get this type of faith that makes me start accepting stuffs that I ordinarily would reject without qualms?

I am sincerely baffled. Can anyone really "save" me?

1 Like

Re: Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? by Destined2win: 11:14am On Feb 01, 2016
Because He is more than a story; He is real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? by Nobody: 11:16am On Feb 01, 2016
Destined2win:
Because He is more than a story; He is real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Has he appeared to you or ever spoken to you? I find it hard to believe, no matter how much I try, that he is real.

2 Likes

Re: Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? by squarelead(m): 11:17am On Feb 01, 2016
Sin against the Holy spirit cannot be forgiven
Re: Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? by Destined2win: 11:18am On Feb 01, 2016
folksync:

Has he appeared to you or ever spoken to you? I find it hard to believe, no matter how much I try, that he is real.

Ask Him personally in your own language to reveal Himself to you in a way you will understand that He is the one, If He doesn't, anywhere you see the moniker Destined2win, never take him serious

1 Like

Re: Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? by Hero10001: 11:34am On Feb 01, 2016
Because HE is Lord God Almighty, the creator of the universe.
Re: Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? by Nobody: 11:36am On Feb 01, 2016
folksync:
I mean I find it so hard to believe in this God. Too much inconsistencies in the Bible. Too deep a silence from God since the biblical era.

How do you do it? How can you live through all these absurdities and inconsistencies in the Bible without asking questions or without harbouring questions. And how are you so sure about the bible being the dictates of God, especially considering the fact that is filled with scientific inaccuracies and absurdities? How do I get this type of faith that makes me start accepting stuffs that I ordinarily would reject without qualms?

There are no inconsistencies in the bible. It is our human perception of the writeup that points out seeming çontradictions, but to the creator, His word is clear and harmonous. Bt many of such perceived inconsistencies has even been solved by some xtens.

Which is really ur problem?

2. No human can save you, only God.

3. No matter the effort of science there are questions they can't answer about existence. The existence of a supernatural cause makes sense as the bible shows.

1 Like

Re: Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? by betterpikin28(f): 11:55am On Feb 01, 2016
Because when I look around me...I see his wondrous work by perfecting the world just in six days.

Also when I look at my life...I knw no man,animal or thing has made me gone this far.

Lastly because when I call he answers me.
Re: Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? by stzy(m): 11:55am On Feb 01, 2016
Pascal's Wager... It's better to believe in God n die 2 c him than not believing n when u die u find him starring at u.... The bible said that we who believes has been giving the power 2 know the mistery bt 2 ppl. Like u its just fairytale... But I pray 2day that you'll b among the ppl he said he will. Bring into his fold... Amen... I have been where u are. Nw guy n its hard 2 believe especially when u have read Richard Dawkins' magic of reality n selfish gene... For me. Being a. Chemist made it harder dues to studies of molecular concepts n what things are really made of
Re: Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? by Tallesty1(m): 11:58am On Feb 01, 2016
If you search the bible for inconsistencies, you will find them plenty.

If you search for the true nature of God, it is there.

If your reason is to build a better relationship with, my brother, you will find it asaply.

So it all depends on why and what you search.

Your mindset, which is that he's not real is the reason you see the inconsistencies.

Jeremiah 33:3 Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.

Call Unto Him Now and He Will Explain The Inconsistencies To You.

4 Likes

Re: Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Feb 01, 2016
Hero10001:
Because HE is Lord God Almighty, the creator of the universe.
Is God white or black?

1 Like

Re: Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Feb 01, 2016
betterpikin28:
Because when I look around me...I see his wondrous work by perfecting the world just in six days.

Also when I look at my life...I knw no man,animal or thing has made me gone this far.

Lastly because when I call he answers me.
6 day huh?, He created the sun on the 4th day so how did 3days pass?

1 Like

Re: Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Feb 01, 2016
Op I find it unintelligentable to believing in God or the bible because these are works of primitive men who in their adventure to discovering the world, came up with these assumptions and claims.

But upon the enlightenment era, especially, the beginning of the industrial revolution, man began civilization and came to realize God/god/bible and all were all fallacies and don't exist in the real world but it was unfortunate that the misconception of God already gone viral and to combat that mentality, it only takes studying, learning facts and truth to discover yourself. Ofcourse brave men seized the opportunity to enslave his fellow man that's why you have churches of different denominations these days.

For example, The colonial masters who colonized Nigeria gave Nigeria the God they worshipping today and the bible. Now the question to ask yourself is.

Can a slave and a master worship the same God?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Feb 01, 2016
folksync:

Belief/faith is a spiritual gift. It doesn't come by human reason. It's why people don't get saved just because they lost an argument about the non existence of God. It has to come from the heart.

1 Like

Re: Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? by betterpikin28(f): 5:33pm On Feb 01, 2016
aaronson:
6 day huh?, He created the sun on the 4th day so how did 3days pass?

Please get a bible and read the book of Genesis chapter 1and 2

And yes,six days because he blessed the seventh day and rested on that same day.
Re: Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:01pm On Feb 01, 2016
folksync:

Scientific absurdities in the bible ? New flash bro , the big bang happened twice grin - according to new "research". I mean some "scientists" conspicuously ran outta jokes grin

Anyway , God is real . A creator is real .

If you believe there is no God can you explain the existence of nature and natural processes and how nature derived the propensity to establish the MR. NIGER D characteristics of life forms
Re: Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:06pm On Feb 01, 2016
aaronson:
Op I find it unintelligentable to believing in God or the bible because these are works of primitive men who in their adventure to discovering the world, came up with these assumptions and claims.

But upon the enlightenment era, especially, the beginning of the industrial revolution, man began civilization and came to realize God/god/bible and all were all fallacies and don't exist in the real world but it was unfortunate that the misconception of God already gone viral and to combat that mentality, it only takes studying, learning facts and truth to discover yourself. Ofcourse brave men seized the opportunity to enslave his fellow man that's why you have churches of different denominations these days.

For example, The colonial masters who colonized Nigeria gave Nigeria the God they worshipping today and the bible. Now the question to ask yourself is.

Can a slave and a master worship the same God?

Please start with the rudiments of this arguments . Why is man intelligent ?
Re: Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? by dalaman: 6:12pm On Feb 01, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Scientific absurdities in the bible ? New flash bro , the big bang happened twice grin - according to new "research". I mean some "scientists" conspicuously ran outta jokes grin

Anyway , God is real . A creator is real .

If you believe there is no God can you explain the existence of nature and natural processes and how nature derived the propensity to establish the MR. NIGER D characteristics of life forms

God remains an idea. Nature is real and you are a part of it. God is real and the only evidence you have for it and the words you speak? If God is real then how can it be tested and verified objectively? Why do you keep making bald and empty assertions? God is not real. You only believe that the God idea is real because you were indoctrinated into believing one out of the many God ideas.

2 Likes

Re: Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:15pm On Feb 01, 2016
dalaman:

God remains an idea. Nature is real and you are a part of it. God is real and the only evidence you have for it and the words you speak? If God is real then how can it be tested and verified objectively? Why do you keep making bald and empty assertions? God is not real. You only believe that the God idea is real because you were indoctrinated into believing one out of the many God ideas.

How did nature come about ? And how did nature derive the propensity to establish the characteristics of life forms MR NIGER D

You can wish to answer the question or shut up

Thanks smiley
Re: Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Feb 01, 2016
betterpikin28:

And yes,six days because he blessed the seventh day and rested on that same day.
Another contradiction, how did the herbs and grass grow in chapter 11 without the sun in chapter 14.
Re: Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Feb 01, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Please start with the rudiments of this arguments . Why is man intelligent ?
seriously, is this a question? So invalid a question? You could be using your instinct like the animals for asking that question because it doesn't show intelligence.
Re: Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:36pm On Feb 01, 2016
dalaman:

If God is real then how can it be tested and verified objectively?

Atheism limits open mindedness . Free thinking for atheists stops when a creator figure sets a standard for morality . That's why bro Johnydon22 opened a thread explaining what he understands by forgiveness and subjecting the "concept" to derision . And off course 19 other shallow thinkers made me waste my time going through it to actually understand the "points" made .

Someone -an atheist- (cant remember he username ) said some supernatural experiences involve the tuning of one's brain frequency or some shi.t . At least he's trying to extricate himself from shallowness atheistic free thinking elicits .

True adherents of Christ teachings can "tune their brains into high frequencies" to objectively test and verify the reality of God's existence . To experience God in His fullness is not for all

"many are called but few are chosen"
"knock and it shall be opened unto you"
"seek and you shall find"
" Come near to God and he will come near to you " and so many

These are hidden recondite messages in the bible though clear to the naked eye - conspicuous - but are for the chosen lot to experience the fullness of his glory.
Re: Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:58pm On Feb 01, 2016
aaronson:
seriously, is this a question? So invalid a question? You could be using your instinct like the animals for asking that question because it doesn't show intelligence.

Exactly that's the point . You have the ability to discern right or wrong , foolishness and wisdom , intelligence and vacuousness . Those are properties of an eternal figure passed unto you .

Saying believing in an eternal creator makes no sense is below shallow - you hit rock bottom dude .

Believing in an eternal God - as the bible puts it - is the most rational thing to do

1. His eternal existence means he has no beginning and end - precluding infinite regression : automated processes manufacture goods , robots orchestrate automated processes , man made robots but no one made God . Makes sense right ?

2. Faith : The bible made it clear we believe in God's existence and creation of the universe through faith . We all did not witness it but through faith we believe He did it by His power . Faith - the assurance , the certainty He did it . Cool right ? Hold on ...

Now atheist scientists try to rule out God but since their works have been futile . Atheists have place their faith in science . How ? Science through it has its limitations will provide all the answers to the pertinent questions concerning the universe . Wait ?! Since scientists have made it clear that they know little about the universe but why are these free thinking atheists so certain and assured that science one day though the universe is incomprehensibly vast and no one witnessed it will provide all the answers ? Faith ! Now its cool !

I mean both sides have shown faith but the Christians are seen as delusional and the atheists are seen as the rational ones . Not cool right ? Yeah , we know undecided sad

1 Like

Re: Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Feb 01, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Exactly that's the point . You have the ability to discern right or wrong , foolishness and wisdom , intelligence and vacuousness . Those are properties of an eternal figure passed unto you .

Saying believing in an eternal creator makes no sense is below shallow - you hit rock bottom dude .

Believing in an eternal God - as the bible puts it - is the most rational thing to do

1. His eternal existence means he has no beginning and end - precluding infinite regression : automated processes manufacture goods , robots orchestrate automated processes , man made robots but no one made God . Makes sense right ?

2. Faith : The bible made it clear we believe in God's existence and creation of the universe through faith . We all did not witness it but through faith we believe He did it by His power . Faith - the assurance , the certainty He did it . Cool right ? Hold on ...

Now atheist scientists try to rule out God but since their works have been futile . Atheists have place their faith in science . How ? Science through it has its limitations will provide all the answers to the pertinent questions concerning the universe . Wait ?! Since scientists have made it clear that they know little about the universe but why are these free thinking atheists so certain and assured that science one day though the universe is incomprehensibly vast and no one witnessed it will provide all the answers ? Faith ! Now its cool !

I mean both sides have shown faith but the Christians are seen as delusional and the atheists are seen as the rational ones . Not cool right ? Yeah , we know undecided sad
Now first off, I'm glad I made you answer your question about intelligence yourself.

Secondly, Give me the name of the atheist scientist who said that crap?
Re: Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? by xerxesII: 7:22pm On Feb 01, 2016
betterpikin28:

You mean he took a day off? grin
He got exhausted? grin

1 Like

Re: Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:25pm On Feb 01, 2016
aaronson:
Now first off, I'm glad I made you answer your question about intelligence yourself.

Secondly, Give me the name of the atheist scientist who said that crap?

What crap ?

Bro your sig says :

“If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent Him” – Voltaire

Can you explain in details what you meant ?

1 Like

Re: Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? by betterpikin28(f): 7:32pm On Feb 01, 2016
aaronson:
Another contradiction, how did the herbs and grass grow in chapter 11 without the sun in chapter 14.

The book of john chapter 1 verse 1 sed " In the beginging was the word and the word was with God and the word was God".
What am trying to drive is that God is the word and in the word there is strenght and power.
God has this power to make whatever he wants to come to pass.
That is why he said "let there be" grass and there was grass.he doesn't need photosythesis process to make grass grow.
He does things beyond human thinking
Re: Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:34pm On Feb 01, 2016
xerxesII:

You mean he took a day off? grin

He got exhausted? grin

It does not mean He was exhausted . He just stopped creating on the seventh day .

Psalm 121:1- 4

1. I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come?
2 My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth.
3 He will not let your foot be moved; he who keeps you will not slumber.
4 Behold, he who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.

God never sleeps or slumbers , so why does He need rest ? Is he a human or a biological life form ?

The writer just described the end of creation as a rest

1 Like

Re: Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? by Ishilove: 7:36pm On Feb 01, 2016
If you ask me, na who I go ask cheesy
Re: Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:43pm On Feb 01, 2016
dalaman:

Nature is real and you are a part of it.

Dalaman please can you provide a video of nature making itself outta nothing . Since life has no creator , according to you , I need a video as evidence or its lies .

By faith , I believe God created the world - an idea which you repudiated , now can you provide a video which objectively tests and verifies your claim that God did not create the universe .

I'll like to watch this video with winner01 . #DalamanWhereIsTheGodlessCreationVideo

We still await JackBizzle to provide the video of him being discriminated against or its all lies #JackBizzleProvideThatVideo
Re: Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:44pm On Feb 01, 2016
Ishilove:
If you ask me, na who I go ask cheesy

you eh grin

wink
Re: Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Feb 01, 2016
betterpikin28:

The book of john chapter 1 verse 1 sed " In the beginging was the word and the word was with God and the word was God".
What am trying to drive is that God is the word and in the word there is strenght and power.
God has this power to make whatever he wants to come to pass.
That is why he said "let there be" grass and there was grass.he doesn't need photosythesis process to make grass grow.
He does things beyond human thinking
Still didn't answer my question but overshadowed it with a bible verse which am about using to put you in a position.

God is the word and the word is God.

The same bible says, God created man in his own image.

Question is, you intending to reply the question, are you a word or you human? If human then what word is God? And If Word why reply my question as human?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Christians: Does God's Word Allow Divorce or Not? / What If My Mother Is Really A Witch / Prelate Akpanika Emerged Through Transparent Process - Presbyterian Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.