Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,859 members, 7,813,937 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:04 PM

"Qt Creator" Need Solution - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / "Qt Creator" Need Solution (2939 Views)

Download SMS Portal Creator SPC3 For Free (free Licence) / A Facebook Viral App Creator Script / Qt 5 Tutorial For Absolute Beginner C++ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Qt Creator" Need Solution by bestiyke(m): 2:43pm On Feb 01, 2016
Please I someone to assist me.

I downloaded qt 5.5.1. first minGW off line installer, after installation, I run the qt creator only to see a blank window.
I taught it was not properly install. I uninstall it an reinstall, but it still repeat. Meanwhile, the qt designer, qt assistant and qt linguist are opening well. I try the online installer, the same thing happen. I downloaded and install stand alone qt creator 3.6.0. it still display a blank window.
Pls, I want to know what could be the problem and the possible solution. Thanks for the help. I know to qt. My system run on window 7
Re: "Qt Creator" Need Solution by codemarshal08(m): 5:50pm On Feb 01, 2016
bestiyke:

I downloaded qt 5.5.1. first minGW off line installer, after installation, I run the qt creator only to see a blank window.
I taught it was not properly install. I uninstall it an reinstall, but it still repeat. Meanwhile, the qt designer, qt assistant and qt linguist are opening well. I try the online installer, the same thing happen. I downloaded and install stand alone qt creator 3.6.0. it still display a blank window.
Pls, I want to know what could be the problem and the possible solution. Thanks for the help. I know to qt. My system run on window 7

Can you provide some screenshots ?
Re: "Qt Creator" Need Solution by Nobody: 6:09pm On Feb 01, 2016
codemarshal08:

And provide us with the specifications of your pc. Are you running a 32bit or 64bits etc
the binaries you downloaded, where is the source?
You need to recompile your English, I can barely understand some of the things you say.
Re: "Qt Creator" Need Solution by bestiyke(m): 8:40pm On Feb 01, 2016
codemarshal08:

These are some screen shots

Re: "Qt Creator" Need Solution by bestiyke(m): 8:45pm On Feb 01, 2016
More screen shots

Re: "Qt Creator" Need Solution by slimjolomite: 8:50pm On Feb 01, 2016
This is how you can make $500,000+ in 6 months.
Step 1. Join Four Corners Alliance Group for only a one-time payment of $18
2. Invite 4 friends
3. Help them refer 4 people
4. They duplicate process 6 times
5. You Earn $559,824

Month 1: You invite 4 people you earn $16. Your work is done
Month 2. Those 4 invite 4 people= 16 people, you earn $64
Month 3. Those 16 sign-up 4 people= 64 people, you earn $640
Month 4. Those 64 sign-up 4 people= 256 people, you earn $6,144
Month 5. Those 256 sign up 4 people= 1,024 people, you earn $61,440
Month 6. Those 1,024 sign up 4 people= 4,096 people,you earn $491,20

A total of $559,824

And all you did was pay $18 and invited only 4 people in your first month and helped them get 4 and you were done.

You also earn monthly residual income of up to 76k per month, plus 100% matching commissions from everybody you directly refer. As your 4 sign-ups earn $559,824, you get 100% matching, meaning you earn 4x559k= over 2.2 mill.

Do you know an easier, faster and more affordable way to earn over $500,000? Only having to sign up 4 people?

Create wealth for your family, never have to work again, get the whole family involved. this is an amazing opportunity. And it's so simple. Sign up 4 people and your work is done. How easy is that.

The products that 4 corners sell is a set of Financial Education Literacy which is downloadable in your back office. This is an automated system, it will sell the products for you once you invite 4 people. All you have to do is sit back and relax.

Also in your backoffice you can keep track of your earnings and view your team's growth using the genealogy. Also great Customer Support from the company and in the backoffice is where corporate post news and updates.

Why is 4 corners so successful? because every can afford $18 and everybody knows 4 people and it's simple with no work to do after signing up only 4 people and making sure youhelp them get 4 of their own.

Re: "Qt Creator" Need Solution by bestiyke(m): 9:43pm On Feb 01, 2016
dhtml18:

And provide us with the specifications of your pc. Are you running a 32bit or 64bits etc
the binaries you downloaded, where is the source?
You need to recompile your English, I can barely understand some of the things you say.

My system OS is Window 7, 64bits.
I said, I download and installed Qt SDK version 5.5.1 open source distribution from Qt official site.
I download Qt 5.5.1 for Windows 32-bit (MinGW 4.9.2, 1.0 GB) first and installed (this is offline installation). when I run the qt creator, it display a blank window form as shown by the screen shots. It uninstall the SDK and reinstalled it the second time assuming the first did not install properly. But the qt creator still display as a blank window form. I installed a fresh one online using the online file (Qt Online Installer for Windows (16 MB)). Which did the installation online following the default setting. the online installer installed Qt 5.5 for Windows 64-bit (VS 2013, 823 MB) and Qt 5.4 for Windows 64-bit (VS 2013, 823 MB) with the qt creator. But when I opened the qt creator it still show blank window form.
But the Qt designer, Qt Assistant and Qt Linguist all open with content. screen shots.

Re: "Qt Creator" Need Solution by peterincredible: 2:54am On Mar 13, 2016
bestiyke:

pls i am currently facing dat same problem 2 have u gotten solution to urs so dat u can share it here pls
Re: "Qt Creator" Need Solution by ijeezlux(m): 10:19pm On Mar 14, 2016
But I never had any issue while installing mine
Re: "Qt Creator" Need Solution by peterincredible: 8:34pm On Mar 15, 2016
ijeezlux:
But I never had any issue while installing mine
the problem is not the installation but running d software after the installation. On my former laptop it run well but dis new laptop i bought it is misbehaving but tanks to d internet sha i have found a solution to it
Re: "Qt Creator" Need Solution by peterincredible: 8:37pm On Mar 15, 2016
pls i think we need to open a thread those c++ programmers who are interested in using qt so dat ideas and learning can be fast and effective
Re: "Qt Creator" Need Solution by peterincredible: 8:44pm On Mar 15, 2016
for those of u who are interested in c++ and is comfortable with the language i think the next book to read is effective c++ by scott meyer if u read that book i swear u will have a deaper understanding of c++ and tanks to ijeezux for recommending programming in c++ this book is good for absolute beginners and it will take u down to intermediate level . Buy that book and u will tank me later
Re: "Qt Creator" Need Solution by ijeezlux(m): 2:20pm On Mar 17, 2016
peterincredible:
for those of u who are interested in c++ and is comfortable with the language i think the next book to read is effective c++ by scott meyer if u read that book i swear u will have a deaper understanding of c++ and tanks to ijeezux for recommending programming in c++ this book is good for absolute beginners and it will take u down to intermediate level . Buy that book and u will tank me later

Lol........... u are welcome
Re: "Qt Creator" Need Solution by danidee10(m): 2:39pm On Mar 17, 2016
all these programming tools are easier to install on Linux than windows, i too had several issues using windows for pyside development....just make the switch (you won't regret it)
Re: "Qt Creator" Need Solution by BlueMagnificent(m): 3:32pm On Mar 18, 2016
Quite an interesting problem cos mine ran straight from the box after installation. My system is Win7 64bit and QtCreator is my ide of choice for coding both qt and non-qt projects.
How do you start it up? Having you tried starting it up directly from the executable in the installation directory
Re: "Qt Creator" Need Solution by ijeezlux(m): 7:56pm On Mar 18, 2016
BlueMagnificent:
Quite an interesting problem cos mine ran straight from the box after installation. My system is Win7 64bit and QtCreator is my ide of choice for coding both qt and non-qt projects.
How do you start it up? Having you tried starting it up directly from the executable in the installation directory

its being a while i heard from this guy(bluemagnificient)... it was your trend you created about Qt that really made meand inspired me to switch over to c++ gui programming. in fact i first heard about Qt in one of your trend. you are too much. just wish i could chat with you on other platform. all the same kudos to you and codemarshal
Re: "Qt Creator" Need Solution by ijeezlux(m): 8:08pm On Mar 18, 2016
hello gurus i have a little issue i need you guys to help me clarify ...... it goes like this.. when writing or reading data into qdatastream object, is it a must that i set the version of the Qt am using e.g (Qdatastream stream; stream.setVersion(...); ). i also have another question. i always see a certain quint32 magic_number variable when doing data serialization with Qdatastream object. but i dont really know whats the main function of this magic_number variable. is it a must to use it? it making me confused...... thanks in advance for ur answer
Re: "Qt Creator" Need Solution by codemarshal08(m): 5:20am On Mar 19, 2016
ijeezlux:
hello gurus i have a little issue i need you guys to help me clarify ...... it goes like this.. when writing or reading data into qdatastream object, is it a must that i set the version of the Qt am using e.g (Qdatastream stream; stream.setVersion(...); ). i also have another question. i always see a certain quint32 magic_number variable when doing data serialization with Qdatastream object. but i dont really know whats the main function of this magic_number variable. is it a must to use it? it making me confused...... thanks in advance for ur answer
Bro have you read through this ?
http://doc.qt.io/qt-4.8/qdatastream.html#details
Re: "Qt Creator" Need Solution by ijeezlux(m): 9:41am On Mar 19, 2016
codemarshal08:

Bro have you read through this ?
http://doc.qt.io/qt-4.8/qdatastream.html#details
thanks my main but i still have some things disturbing me
Re: "Qt Creator" Need Solution by ijeezlux(m): 9:49am On Mar 19, 2016

QFile file("file.Bleep"wink;
file.open(QIODevice::WriteOnly);
QDataStream out(&file);

// Write a header with a "magic number" and a version
out << (quint32)0xA0B0C0D0;
out << (qint32)123;

out.setVersion(QDataStream::Qt_4_0);

// Write the data
out << lots_of_interesting_data;

Then read it in with:

QFile file("file.Bleep"wink;
file.open(QIODevice::ReadOnly);
QDataStream in(&file);

// Read and check the header
quint32 magic;
in >> magic;
if (magic != 0xA0B0C0D0)
return XXX_BAD_FILE_FORMAT;

// Read the version
qint32 version;
in >> version;
if (version < 100)
return XXX_BAD_FILE_TOO_OLD;
if (version > 123)
return XXX_BAD_FILE_TOO_NEW;

if (version <= 110)
in.setVersion(QDataStream::Qt_3_2);
else
in.setVersion(QDataStream::Qt_4_0);

// Read the data
in >> lots_of_interesting_data;
if (version >= 120)
in >> data_new_in_XXX_version_1_2;
in >> other_interesting_data;

what if the qint32 value read from the qdatastream to the qint32 version variable is not 123.... what will happen
Re: "Qt Creator" Need Solution by BlueMagnificent(m): 10:04am On Mar 19, 2016
Its so unfortunate that we are temporarily hijacking this thread grin

Quoting from the link posted by codemarshal08

When inputting or outputting complex types, it's very important to make sure that the same version of the stream (version()) is used for reading and writing

I believe from the doc it is only the storage and retrieval of complex types that might vary with version, basic datatypes are not affected by this

@bestiyke, have you been able to resolve your QtCreator issue
Re: "Qt Creator" Need Solution by ijeezlux(m): 10:17am On Mar 19, 2016
BlueMagnificent:
Its so unfortunate that we are temporarily hijacking this thread grin

Quoting from the link posted by codemarshal08

I believe from the doc it is only the storage and retrieval of complex types that might vary with version, basic datatypes are not affected by this

can you please name some of the complex data types that may vary with version
Re: "Qt Creator" Need Solution by BlueMagnificent(m): 10:38am On Mar 19, 2016
For complex types I quote from the link again

If you are producing a new binary data format, such as a file format for documents created by your application

and most probably any custom Datatype of yours like class objects, e.g, layers, filters and brush for an image editing application
Re: "Qt Creator" Need Solution by codemarshal08(m): 10:46am On Mar 19, 2016
ijeezlux:

can you please name some of the complex data types that may vary with version

Hmm, Complex types == !buitIn types
Re: "Qt Creator" Need Solution by ijeezlux(m): 6:32pm On Mar 20, 2016
Which one of the following will declare a pointer to an integer at address 0x200 in memory?
1. int *x; *x = 0x200
2. int *x = &0x200;
3. int *x = *0x200;
4. int *x = 0x200;
Re: "Qt Creator" Need Solution by BlueMagnificent(m): 8:23pm On Mar 20, 2016
ijeezlux:
Which one of the following will declare a pointer to an integer at address 0x200 in memory?
1. int *x; *x = 0x200
2. int *x = &0x200;
3. int *x = *0x200;
4. int *x = 0x200;

Number 2 and 3 are syntax errors. Number 1 assigns the value 0x200 to the int variable pointed to, while number 4 assignes the value of the pointer to be 0x200, in order words the address pointed to. So definitely number 4.

Unless you know what you are doing, it is advisable not to assign memory addresses like this
Re: "Qt Creator" Need Solution by bestiyke(m): 8:54pm On Mar 20, 2016
BlueMagnificent:

No permenent solution, but I have to run and close it many times for it to open properly. I have been using it. Thanks. If there is any solution I will appreciate.
Re: "Qt Creator" Need Solution by bestiyke(m): 9:00pm On Mar 20, 2016
peterincredible:
the problem is not the installation but running d software after the installation. On my former laptop it run well but dis new laptop i bought it is misbehaving but tanks to d internet sha i have found a solution to it
Pls can u share the solution. Thanks
Re: "Qt Creator" Need Solution by bestiyke(m): 9:21pm On Mar 20, 2016
peterincredible:
pls i think we need to open a thread those c++ programmers who are interested in using qt so dat ideas and learning can be fast and effective
This is a good Idea. Pls let the thread start. I'm interested.
Re: "Qt Creator" Need Solution by ijeezlux(m): 12:17am On Mar 21, 2016
BlueMagnificent:

Number 2 and 3 are syntax errors. Number 1 assigns the value 0x200 to the int variable pointed to, while number 4 assignes the value of the pointer to be 0x200, in order words the address pointed to. So definitely number 4.

Unless you know what you are doing, it is advisable not to assign memory addresses like this
my guy u are on point

(1) (Reply)

Php Header() Function Error / What Happened To Programming? / Ultra-light and simple Accordion With Jquery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.