Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,519 members, 7,826,955 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

Bayelsa Bombing & Water Pollution: When Did Nigerians Become This silly? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa Bombing & Water Pollution: When Did Nigerians Become This silly? (48369 Views)

Kaduna, Aba, Onitsha, Umuahia Among 20 Worst Cities Worldwide For Air Pollution / Lagos Seals 70 Churches, 20 Mosques, 11 Hotels For Noise Pollution / BREAKING NEWS:Nigerians become prayer warriors after gov Ameachi's confession (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bayelsa Bombing & Water Pollution: When Did Nigerians Become This silly? by playtheblues(f): 1:43pm On Feb 02, 2016
Stop frustrating the people.
Empower them.
Educate them.
I doubt if any graduate can do this.

Stop neglecting the people from whose land the whole nation is enriched.

How many Naija Deltas are oil well owners?

When you give the oil wells to the Danjuma, Babangida, Abachas, Abdusalamis of this world, what do you expect the Naijadelta youths to do?

Government needs to rethink!

What happened to the Naija Deltan International students who were sponsored to study overseas?

Buhari stopped the sponsorship.

Don't blame these people alone without blaming the Government.

Na condition make crayfish bend.

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Bombing & Water Pollution: When Did Nigerians Become This silly? by AfroKnight: 1:44pm On Feb 02, 2016
AwiLand:

And you are more foolish than those fools

cheesy

You must be one of the Defeated people from that area.

Keep following the sharp guy who has a British passport while you are still indigenous to the "zoo". grin
Re: Bayelsa Bombing & Water Pollution: When Did Nigerians Become This silly? by ibitzbarlow(m): 1:45pm On Feb 02, 2016
rhymaster:
I used to sympathize and pity the ND whose lands have been destroyed by oil spills for decades but it now appears I (like most other Nigerians) are wrong! The oil companies owned by foreigners are being proved right: the Nigerians of the ND do not care one hoot about their lands and even if oil destroyed the last fish or green sprout, they'd take that for a little handout of money! They bombed a multi-billion dollar infrastructure that will adds and ultimately will always add value to their cities / states, spilled oil that will destroy their environments and cost billions to clean-up, which may not happen for decades given Nigeria's record of handling issues like this, and that is smart? Well, let them just set fire to the place and burn it down completely, let us see who will suffer!

You talk without an understanding of the situation in the creeks. You condemn a people because of the actions of a renegade few. Do you think that the Niger Delta fisherman, farmer or peasant is happy about the destruction of his source of livelihood? Do you think that the Average Niger Deltan has access to these pipelines? Is it not the Government's responsibility to protect the lives and properties of her citizens as well as protect the country's source of revenue? Do you think that the sea-faring Niger Deltans , who face molestation, kidnapping and piracy in their waters everyday by these elements are happy with the situation? Go to the creeks and witness first-hand what insecurity is. I am from the creeks but can't remember when last I visited the creeks because of these hideous elements who are paid/compensated for their crimes against their people and the nation at large.
Till the right solution is proffered, we will experience incidences like this.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa Bombing & Water Pollution: When Did Nigerians Become This silly? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Feb 02, 2016
Abagworo:
Thats the mentality being sold by Nnamdi Kanu. Self destructive actions. Next is turning their homeland to war front.

**** go listen to NK's past broadcasts, he is vehemently against bombing pipelines.
You **** can now accuse him of anything.

3 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Bombing & Water Pollution: When Did Nigerians Become This silly? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Feb 02, 2016
Litmus:
With Heavy Heart I Ask When Did Nigerians Become This silly?

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/bayelsa-bomb-attack-on-oil-pipelines-cause-major-spill/

Please share your thoughts in the comment box below

Rubbish, When oil companies were destroying these places none of you, I mean not even a single Yoruba man said anything, Now the Militants are doing the same thing you are crying more than the bereaved....Its their land its their problem, when time come they will clean it, Buhari cannot pay just 5 billion Naira to clean Ogoni polluted by Shell after making billion of dollars but he budgeted 9 billion Naira for cars to be use in Aso rock with money coming from those places..... who are you fooling and deceiving with your mumuic sympathy thread when we know you are only concern about the money the FG will lose.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa Bombing & Water Pollution: When Did Nigerians Become This silly? by Opoki(m): 1:49pm On Feb 02, 2016
gists:
The height of fo0lishness
Buhari and his family are safe from the contamination of this stewpid act.
The poor fishermen, farmers and the people of the surrounding communities will bear the brunt of the contamination.
The most annoying thing is that they will still come back and ask the oil company to clean the spill while still expecting the company to be alive to its social responsibilities.
This is nothing but a height of stvpidity. Must you vent your anger on the presidency?
Re: Bayelsa Bombing & Water Pollution: When Did Nigerians Become This silly? by emerged01(m): 1:50pm On Feb 02, 2016
Let them continue...
Re: Bayelsa Bombing & Water Pollution: When Did Nigerians Become This silly? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Feb 02, 2016
AfroKnight:

cheesy

You must be one of the Defeated people from that area.

Keep following the sharp guy who has a British passport while you are still indigenous to the "zoo". grin

If he has British passport yet come this low to suffer instead of enjoying his El Dorado then there must be something special about him and i will chose him above other leaders if not for anything but for his courage and determination without fear.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Bombing & Water Pollution: When Did Nigerians Become This silly? by ideykwum: 1:51pm On Feb 02, 2016
HtwoOw:
First week of being a president

Buhari ordered the cleanup of ogoni land

These asswipes think they are hurting the economy

But in reality they are killing the economy of fishermen, farmers and other activities that'll fetch them small income from the already poor region

But oh well

HE NOR CORNSYN MEEE

8 months from then has anything been done? Enough of propaganda and grandstanding!! We had our fill under GEJ!
Re: Bayelsa Bombing & Water Pollution: When Did Nigerians Become This silly? by demobaba1(m): 1:52pm On Feb 02, 2016
This country called Nigeria is full of funny and silly events. Let the bombings of pipe lines continue in the ND and animals in the NE do same. One day our heads go correct.
Re: Bayelsa Bombing & Water Pollution: When Did Nigerians Become This silly? by menxer: 1:52pm On Feb 02, 2016
gists:
The poor fishermen, farmers and the people of the surrounding communities will bear the brunt of the contamination.
The most annoying thing is that they will still come back and ask the oil company to clean the spill while still expecting the company to be alive to its social responsibilities.

That's Niger Delta for you, cutting off their noses to spite others
Re: Bayelsa Bombing & Water Pollution: When Did Nigerians Become This silly? by doveda: 1:54pm On Feb 02, 2016
Atlantian:
Why are you complaining ? When you have oil well at your backyard and you see people pumping them to develop other cities while your village remains in shambles for decades when you will realize that it is worth setting everything ablaze.
What other cities?

Are you telling me that all the royalties and handouts the government and these companies have been given you from time immemorial are not enough to have made ND a region to be envyshocked? Just because SW and other parts of Nigeria depends on it (at the expense of their own development) does not justify any violence whatsoever.

The government is not your problem. Your people and your communities are your problems. Henceforth, please keep other Nigerian regions out of your bullcrap. We are not responsible for your issues.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa Bombing & Water Pollution: When Did Nigerians Become This silly? by kkboy(m): 1:57pm On Feb 02, 2016
It's all about "If i can't have it, Let me destroy it" The way we are going I pity the upcoming generation.
Re: Bayelsa Bombing & Water Pollution: When Did Nigerians Become This silly? by AfroKnight: 1:58pm On Feb 02, 2016
AwiLand:

If he has British passport yet come this low to suffer instead of enjoying his El Dorado then there must be something special about him and i will chose him above other leaders if not for anything but for his courage and determination without fear.

^^^ One of the most deluded things I have read all morning. cheesy Typical IPod youth. cheesy
Re: Bayelsa Bombing & Water Pollution: When Did Nigerians Become This silly? by yakubuadeiza(m): 2:02pm On Feb 02, 2016
cry
Litmus:

Eyes swollen with tears I replied,
Nigerians are becoming more stupid and silly than necessary not knowing that all their vices comes back to hunt us big time.....

BTW.......I need a job o, help the fatherless child......

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/bayelsa-bomb-attack-on-oil-pipelines-cause-major-spill/

Re: Bayelsa Bombing & Water Pollution: When Did Nigerians Become This silly? by DICKtator: 2:03pm On Feb 02, 2016
Litmus:

It is called war of attrition.

In my opinion, it remains sort of a pyrrhic victory for the landowners!!!!

grin grin grin grin
Re: Bayelsa Bombing & Water Pollution: When Did Nigerians Become This silly? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Feb 02, 2016
This is more than silly.... wait till when the government or the company wants to clean up the mess these " militants " caused. You will then see that the silly goes beyond the militants. You will hear the people affected tell the sponsors they need to go through due process. These due process involves settling some individuals in cash now, I don't mean compensation.So, what do you call that
Re: Bayelsa Bombing & Water Pollution: When Did Nigerians Become This silly? by jarofbeauty: 2:07pm On Feb 02, 2016
Caseless:
The iPod youths who are famous for supporting criminals including Boko Haram , should know that whatever you do in your community stays right there. If you pollute it , it's ur own. Those cows in ND can continue.
Receive sense in Jesus name. AMEN! What has this got ti do with IPOD. Mtchew!
Re: Bayelsa Bombing & Water Pollution: When Did Nigerians Become This silly? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Feb 02, 2016
Oil is a curse.
Re: Bayelsa Bombing & Water Pollution: When Did Nigerians Become This silly? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Feb 02, 2016
Can you really blame the oil companies?

What about the leaders of the community, the political leaders people who look the other way when things like these happen for short term gain.

The people in these areas lack hospitals roads, and basic amenities, yet their leaders own posh apartments in major cities around the globe, they hardly visit their villages.

Blame the leaders in these states cos they made atrocities like these possible. angry
Re: Bayelsa Bombing & Water Pollution: When Did Nigerians Become This silly? by Armaggedon: 2:09pm On Feb 02, 2016
valnosky:
you are a fool for making that statement,cant you just face the topic and make a reasonable comment without exposing your level of stupidity,was Nnamdi Kanu mentioned in the post?
the chronic fear of Nnamdi kanu reveberate in their minds
Re: Bayelsa Bombing & Water Pollution: When Did Nigerians Become This silly? by jarofbeauty: 2:10pm On Feb 02, 2016
OPCNAIRALAND:

Where is Chukwuka to tell these people that Government will take over their community the way he warned people of Tarkwa bay?

Ibo and long throat and hatred for Lagos.
May your hatred for the Igbos not send you to an early grave. Concentrate on the topic at hand.

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Bombing & Water Pollution: When Did Nigerians Become This silly? by nwigwemark: 2:19pm On Feb 02, 2016
I sincerely do not blame these guys for taking up the option of blowing pipelines. In Nigeria, from experience that is the only way their voice can be heared. Since that is the way to go as a country, let it be. Let the fish die and let the farm lands be distroyed, but pls ask Buhari how much Nigeria has lost as a country and pls also ask the oil companies how much they have lost as a company. VIOLENCE DOES NOT PAY. Lets listen to the cries of our Niger Delta brothers.
Re: Bayelsa Bombing & Water Pollution: When Did Nigerians Become This silly? by Funjosh(m): 2:20pm On Feb 02, 2016
Emekamex:
Crude oil discovery in Nigeria is a curse rather than a blessing.

Am telling you, it just sad sad
Re: Bayelsa Bombing & Water Pollution: When Did Nigerians Become This silly? by Saladin25(m): 2:20pm On Feb 02, 2016
I only pity the innocent. I could remember one Scottish scholar that addressed me and my colleagues in school last year. He used to be a consultant to Shell petroleum. He said those Niger Delta militant will destroy oil company facilities and put the blame on them. Na dem go suffer. Next thing is PMB should deploy soldiers to that place.
Re: Bayelsa Bombing & Water Pollution: When Did Nigerians Become This silly? by majalisa(m): 2:21pm On Feb 02, 2016
chesterlee:
How about a random Almajiri bombing his brothers up north just because of Western education...

That's the height of foolishness!
walahi kai sakare ne.
Re: Bayelsa Bombing & Water Pollution: When Did Nigerians Become This silly? by davidif: 2:33pm On Feb 02, 2016
gists:

Guy, I watched an American documentary on the issue of oil pollution in the Niger Delta and it was shocking.

At some point in the documentary, they interviewed two guys from a village who say they usually vandalize the pipeline in their own village so that they can get contract from the oil and gas company to clean it up. It was stunning.

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Bombing & Water Pollution: When Did Nigerians Become This silly? by Boss13: 2:34pm On Feb 02, 2016
We need to appreciate God for the way we actually reason because the level of ignorance in this country in really high. I have met with militants or EX-militants, or whatever name they go by these days. Those guys don't reason normally. Their thinking ability is very impaired. Hence, that is why they behave the way they do

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Bombing & Water Pollution: When Did Nigerians Become This silly? by bulletproofmonk(m): 2:34pm On Feb 02, 2016
playtheblues:
Stop frustrating the people.
Empower them.
Educate them.
I doubt if any graduate can do this.

Stop neglecting the people from whose land the whole nation is enriched.

How many Naija Deltas are oil well owners?

When you give the oil wells to the Danjuma, Babangida, Abachas, Abdusalamis of this world, what do you expect the Naijadelta youths to do?

Government needs to rethink!

What happened to the Naija Deltan International students who were sponsored to study overseas?

Buhari stopped the sponsorship.

Don't blame these people alone without blaming the Government.

Na condition make crayfish bend.

Are Oil wells just "dashed" like that?
If the oil is at their backyards, what stops them from taking their buckets to go and scoop

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Bombing & Water Pollution: When Did Nigerians Become This silly? by bakynes(m): 2:35pm On Feb 02, 2016
doveda:

What other cities?

Are you telling me that all the royalties and handouts the government and these companies have been given you from time immemorial are not enough to have made ND a region to be envyshocked? Just because SW and other parts of Nigeria depends on it (at the expense of their own development) does not justify any violence whatsoever.

The government is not your problem. Your people and your communities are your problems. Henceforth, please keep other Nigerian regions out of your bullcrap. We are not responsible for your issues.
That's the issue I have with the Niger Delta people. I keep repeating it they are their own problem not the FG or the Oil companies. The ND states collects the highest allocation. The major four states ( Rivers, Bayelsa, Delta and Akwa ibom) combined collects more Allocation than the rest of the 32 states combined. You have the Ministry of Niger Delta and the NDDC Collecting billions in allocation every month/ every year, Oil Majors pay communities where the drill and produce Royalties from time to time. Amnesty program is there what else do you want. It is your State Governments, Local Government, Chairman of NDDC, Minister of ND affairs you should hold responsible not the FG.

These militants just sitdown their ass share money, carry women and when the money is finished they start blowing up pipelines again, they don't want to work or even have a purpose for life just sitdown and share free money.

A friend once told me when I visited PH that, whenever State Government or NDDC wants to do roads they tell them to bring the money and leave the roads and they share it to drink ogogoro and carry women and you now blame the FG and oil companies.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa Bombing & Water Pollution: When Did Nigerians Become This silly? by October1960: 2:36pm On Feb 02, 2016
Typical behavior for people that elect corrupt politicians and ineffectual buffoons (GEJ)

The crooked politicians and government officials enjoy their stolen money in western countries. Their own children don't have to suffer the consequences of the pollution - cancer mostly.
Re: Bayelsa Bombing & Water Pollution: When Did Nigerians Become This silly? by EmtolalaaPRAISE(m): 2:38pm On Feb 02, 2016
rhymaster:
I used to sympathize and pity the ND whose lands have been destroyed by oil spills for decades but it now appears I (like most other Nigerians) are wrong! The oil companies owned by foreigners are being proved right: the Nigerians of the ND do not care one hoot about their lands and even if oil destroyed the last fish or green sprout, they'd take that for a little handout of money! They bombed a multi-billion dollar infrastructure that will adds and ultimately will always add value to their cities / states, spilled oil that will destroy their environments and cost billions to clean-up, which may not happen for decades given Nigeria's record of handling issues like this, and that is smart? Well, let them just set fire to the place and burn it down completely, let us see who will suffer!

Clown of the year!
Yes that's what you are! A very big fool if that's how U think then U should be shot in the head!

Do you not know or have you not learnt that it is not the people that do that but a few powerful people who are wealthy and want something? And to this day what has the Federal government done for us if not to come out to openly talk about wiping away the community! Should it happen, I will spend the whole of my life to see that this country is burnt to the ground!

Nonsense... can't believe someone is still thinking Niger Delta should be wiped off the continent! After all we have contributed to this Nigeria...

Obasanjo did it and nobody questioned him but this time, any attempt to try that rubbish! I reserve my comments!

Na then Una go knw sae Warri get I'm special kinda crase wey pass bokoharam own

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sit At Home: Man Shot In Aba (Photos) / How Sacked 16 Generals Were Eased Out Of Service Despite Malami’s Interventions / Pictures As Peter Obi Campaigns In Ekpoma, Edo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.