Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Heard About The New Online Fraud Called Kongapay? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Heard About The New Online Fraud Called Kongapay? (2757 Views)

Have You Heard About Qunqun? Learn How To Make Money / Have You Heard About Sport Trading? / Hear About The New Online Fraud Called Kongapay? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Heard About The New Online Fraud Called Kongapay? by shevon: 6:35am On Feb 02, 2016
This is not to bring down any business but to bring to the notice of whoever cares about their money and buy things online, especially from Konga. I will still buy things from them but I will NEVER pay before my order gets to me and I'm sure of what they are delivering (except, of course, if I'm paying for my DSTV subscription)
Anyways, let me proceed to tell you what happened.
The first case, I bought a phone for my brother that was returning to school, paid for it using Konga Pay and it was not recognizing any SIM out of the box, I called and I was asked to take it somewhere on Awolowo Road at Ikeja where they told me it will take up to 2weeks before I can get it back. Since I used Konga Pay, of which they committed to give a refund or replacement if you have any issues with orders paid for through Konga Pay, I was told there was nothing they could do since the item is under manufacturers warranty. Was that stated on your site or did you, at any point mention these to your numerous customers? The only thing I got wad that they are sorry and that the only thing they can do was to take the phone themselves to the manufacturer, meaning I will still have to wait for it to be fixed.
As if that had taught me nothing, I placed another order last 2 weeks for a pouch and when I got notification that the seller had notified Konga of the shipment, I noticed the image of the item in the shipment notification was different from what I placed order for. I immediately sent an email and also called Konga to inform them that I will not accept it (before then, I called the seller severally but the person was not picking calls) and I was promised that the item will be checked and if my claim was found to be true, they will return the item and give me back my money - because I was covered by the Konga Pay protection. I still went ahead to cancel the order because the option was open. Last week I got notification for the refund only to realize that they refunded money for the item and not the money for shipping. I called to lodge a complaint and the person I spoke to told me that is the policy: the question again is, where was this stated?
Come to think of it, so we are buying things without assurance that what is being delivered will be acceptable and if it is not, we will be charged for them bringing rubbish. That is the policy of a reputable company in this country? I asked what if I had opted for pay on delivery, will they still ask me to pay for the shipping if I don't like the item and the response I got is "We are sorry for your experience"
Anyways, I intend to explore my options and I will get back my money. I just want to put people on notice that if you buy and use Konga Pay just bear it in mind that if you don't like what they bring to you, you will not get the cost of shipping the item back.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Heard About The New Online Fraud Called Kongapay? by feldido(m): 6:40am On Feb 02, 2016
Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
Re: Heard About The New Online Fraud Called Kongapay? by shevon: 6:58am On Feb 02, 2016
feldido:
Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
It can be so annoying the way business are ran in this country. I even buy things from the US, UK and China and when they bring it and I'm not comfortable with the order, I get my full refund and sometimes get to even keep the item. But these thieves here are telling me that their policy is to keep the shipping cost because they shipped what I did not order for. Imagine!
Re: Heard About The New Online Fraud Called Kongapay? by shevon: 7:00am On Feb 02, 2016
Biko, can any of the MODs help delete the precious post regarding the same topic? https://www.nairaland.com/2906651/hear-new-online-fraud-called
It was posted while your servers were overwhelmed and I didn't see it before posting this one.
Re: Heard About The New Online Fraud Called Kongapay? by feldido(m): 7:04am On Feb 02, 2016
shevon:

It can be so annoying the way business are ran in this country. I even buy things from the US, UK and China and when they bring it and I'm not comfortable with the order, I get my full refund and sometimes get to even keep the item. But these thieves here are telling me that their policy is to keep the shipping cost because they shipped what I did not order for. Imagine!

What pains me most is that, I'll order for 3 items together and they will charge shipping fee for all 3.
Re: Heard About The New Online Fraud Called Kongapay? by shevon: 7:41am On Feb 02, 2016
feldido:

What pains me most is that, I'll order for 3 items together and they will charge shipping fee for all 3.
Imagine using KongaPay and everything they deliver to you is not what you ordered for and they tell you that you'll forfeit the money you paid for shipping. Is that not what the law tagged OBT? Everybody can as well start an online business. All you have to do is advertise one thing, tell the person you will ship something else, get them say no and keep the shipping fee. Oh, I forgot to add that it will be pay before delivery only.
Re: Heard About The New Online Fraud Called Kongapay? by feldido(m): 7:46am On Feb 02, 2016
shevon:

Imagine using KongaPay and everything they deliver to you is not what you ordered for and they tell you that you'll forfeit the money you paid for shipping. Is that not what the law tagged OBT? Everybody can as well start an online business. All you have to do is advertise one thing, tell the person you will ship something else, get them say no and keep the shipping fee. Oh, I forgot to add that it will be pay before delivery only.

We have no consumer rights in this country at all.
Re: Heard About The New Online Fraud Called Kongapay? by shevon: 4:51pm On Feb 02, 2016
Na wah o.
I guess someone drew Konga's attention to this post and they just credited my wallet with the shipping cost they initially said was their policy, now they are calling to ask me to pull this post from the web. Not even in my wildest dreams will I do that, except if they will pay a MOD to do the work for them.
This is the same Konga that I ordered for a 4k dumbell and they delivered a magnetic bike worth over 30k yet I called them to return the item; now they are putting me through stress over an amount that is less than 1k. Ingrates.
It is this kind of post that exposes the fraudulent nature of business in Nigeria that will never make FP. Even as it did not, I sha still have gotten my money back and my lawyer asked to stay action. I swear Konga wouldn't have known what hit it.
By the way, whoever pointed them to this thread did me a world of good. The person should also go and tell them that I'm waiting for them not to deliver the order I have already paid for that got to PHC since last week which they are yet to even attempt delivery. They should be ready for another set of revelation of how they intend to use this their yeye KongaPay to defraud unsuspecting public with unknown clauses which they never make known to the public till you have given them your money.
Patiently waiting to see if we have any compromised MOD who will ban me or delete this thread.

PS: Oga Seun Osewa, in case anybody reports this post, I have all the related evidence to back up my claims.

1 Like

Re: Heard About The New Online Fraud Called Kongapay? by shevon: 5:21pm On Feb 02, 2016
feldido:

We have no consumer rights in this country at all.
Consumer wetin? Keep dreaming. This kind of case in a country that cares about the service it's citizens get from service providers will see the likes of Konga regretting trying this trash in the first place. Since the business owners are now aware that people have access to social media platform to air their matter, I guess this (and the court for those that can afford it) is the best consumer protection we have for now.
Re: Heard About The New Online Fraud Called Kongapay? by Freelancer007(m): 5:25pm On Feb 02, 2016
Hmnn... This is so sad. Konga Nigeria should compensate you for this, of they really take customer service seriously.
Re: Heard About The New Online Fraud Called Kongapay? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Feb 02, 2016
Maybe you did not read their terms and conditions carefully. I dont find any problem with KongaPay.

Besides, you have been credited with your refund! So why keep the post? @puskin your attention is needed.

1 Like

Re: Heard About The New Online Fraud Called Kongapay? by shevon: 9:06pm On Feb 02, 2016
coolsix:
Maybe you did not read their terms and conditions carefully. I dont find any problem with KongaPay.

Besides, you have been credited with your refund! So why keep the post? @puskin your attention is needed.

My brother, if there is anything I don't do while dealing with any company that offers a contract, it is not reading terms and conditions. More so, I have asked them to confirm where on there terms and conditions where what they told me on the two case were written and all I got as a response was "We are sorry, that's our policy"
By the way, they have been calling and asking me to do exactly what you are also asking me to, pull the thread from NL. If what they did is right, why ask me to pull the thread? Why are they afraid of the truth? And why must it be after I have posted it here that they decided to realize the fact and act on it?
What ever we are doing and we don't want other people to find out is obviously not the right thing. You haven't experienced it because you've not found yourself in my shoes and I pray you don't because it is very frustrating and annoying.

1 Like

Re: Heard About The New Online Fraud Called Kongapay? by Pidggin(f): 9:49pm On Feb 02, 2016
You have made your point, they quickly addressed it, this says a lot. Pull down the thread.

1 Like

Re: Heard About The New Online Fraud Called Kongapay? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Feb 02, 2016
why should he? If he had not done this they would not address it... people should know!

This is one of the reasons why I would never register for KongaPay... first of all they are asking for my BVN to register... hell no I am not giving them my BVN.

Now this... Nigerian companies and their dishonest tricks to make more money.

I would always do pay on delivery.

Pidggin:
You have made your point, they quickly addressed it, this says a lot. Pull down the thread.

1 Like

Re: Heard About The New Online Fraud Called Kongapay? by shevon: 11:09pm On Feb 02, 2016
Pidggin:
You call what they did 'quickly'? Really? I'm stuck with a 20k phone that I have absolutely no need for since December and they are not saying anything about it (not that I want them to anyways, I chose just to ignore them) Later they tried to obtain me, they were bold enough to tell me to my hearing and also wrote me via email that it is their policy to keep shipping fee for an item that I pointed to them was wrong even before the seller dropped it off and decided not to do anything about it till I posted this thread and you say they 'quickly addressed' the issue?
Nne, let's call a spade a spade. What they did is wrong and since they won't tell that to unsuspecting customers, it is only fair for people to know what they are getting into before they do. I am not going to pull the thread.
Re: Heard About The New Online Fraud Called Kongapay? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Feb 03, 2016
I am sure you must be a seller or staff of Konga

Pidggin:

1 Like

Re: Heard About The New Online Fraud Called Kongapay? by Rusa(f): 9:08pm On Oct 10, 2016
Pidggin:
Pull down fire!!! This thread just save me. I can not come and go and dash konga my money, even if it is N1.
Re: Heard About The New Online Fraud Called Kongapay? by pinkyruledworld(m): 9:35pm On Oct 10, 2016
@shevon thanks for the info.

I have been discouraged by this things since the day my friend bought 2 fake stuffs from jumia at exorbitant prices. Its very stupid to say u wanna keep shipping fee for something i did not order for, the funny thing is that these so called people cant even take this things, now they saying u should pull this down. Why do they have to wait for you to vent your anger to d public before taking action. They know they will be loosing lots of customers bkos of this post yet dey dont wanna do the right thin.

coolsix:

This is no longer about him, its about others not getting trapped in this, who knows; someone close too you may fall into this shii, or if na u how would u feel? So many peeps would have wished they had seen this post earlier.

Pidggin:
would u do the same if u were in his shoes?
well, me s just havin this feelin you are one way or the other attached to konga.

1 Like

Re: Heard About The New Online Fraud Called Kongapay? by Tosman12(m): 5:30pm On Aug 29, 2017
does anyone have a recent experience with kongapay... i still dont trust them but considering the post is abit old, can anyone with a recent experience share if Kongapay service delivery have improved?

(1) (Reply)

Kilishi Supply In Lagos. Your Opinion Please. / do you have black and white tv in ibadan / Starfiview | Nationwide Starlink Reseller & Installation Services (MAIN THREAD)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.