Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,826 members, 7,851,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:22 AM

Adeosun Explains Nigeria’s Borrowing Plans To Fund Capital Projects - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adeosun Explains Nigeria’s Borrowing Plans To Fund Capital Projects (18453 Views)

2019: Buhari Woos South-east With Capital Projects / Omokri Reacts To The Distribution Of Capital Projects In The 2016 Budget / We Don't Have Money To Release, For Capital Projects: FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeosun Explains Nigeria’s Borrowing Plans To Fund Capital Projects by obasiken: 7:13pm On Feb 02, 2016
Tokt:

u lot are just fond of asking foolish questions. Qoute me where i said the above first and i will decide if i will choose to answer or not. By the way, if Dasuki embezzled the money why are yam eaters like Metuh, dokpesi,etc in court for money dasuki embezzled? are they also Dasuki?

One lie needs more lies to cover up. The presidency need to be definite in their statements. They cant say one thing today and contradict the same statement later.

Which is it? was the money stolen, embezelled or misappropriated? These three all mean different things . So far they have accused the past govt of all 3.
Re: Adeosun Explains Nigeria’s Borrowing Plans To Fund Capital Projects by ekolina(m): 7:24pm On Feb 02, 2016
Obiagelli:

My goodness all the borrowed money going into capital projects. How many times will i say this?

If all the borrowed money goes into capital project! what will the other revenues be used for? To get your calculation right, you cal based on % of capital projects in the budget. that is a junior school maths pls
Re: Adeosun Explains Nigeria’s Borrowing Plans To Fund Capital Projects by ekolina(m): 7:26pm On Feb 02, 2016
Obiagelli:

No the argument is losing our foriegn resever from over $40 billion in 2008 to $30 billion in 2015 despite record oil prices same goes for the ECA or SWF or whatever name we give it
Dont forget there was world economic reccession 2008
Re: Adeosun Explains Nigeria’s Borrowing Plans To Fund Capital Projects by Favor16: 7:26pm On Feb 02, 2016
luvinhubby:

Putting saved money into a wealth fund is investment.
I support your idealistic view even though eca can be shared swf cannot be scared there by making the difference clear. obiageli is not logically sound with her points
Re: Adeosun Explains Nigeria’s Borrowing Plans To Fund Capital Projects by ekolina(m): 7:30pm On Feb 02, 2016
luvinhubby:

What is the difference between deficit & borrowing in respect to budget projections, considering that projected IGR was part of the calculated income that gave rise to the deficit which will be augmented by borrowing.
In short, deficit & borrowing are one & the same in every budget.
Pls ignore her
Re: Adeosun Explains Nigeria’s Borrowing Plans To Fund Capital Projects by adconline(m): 7:50pm On Feb 02, 2016
Obiagelli:

My goodness all the borrowed money going into capital projects. How many times will i say this?

What a warped reasoning. So in 2015, the budget budget was N3.9tn with recurrent and capital budget factored in, now GMB will spend N4.2tn on recurrent expenditure and go around shopping for N1.8tn for capital project. This is like having N39k in account and you around throwing parties that would cost N42k and then you around borrowing N18k to fix leaky roofs and plumbing in ur house. " Don't tell me what you value, just show me your budget and I'll will tell you what you value" Joe Biden.
Re: Adeosun Explains Nigeria’s Borrowing Plans To Fund Capital Projects by Nobody: 8:01pm On Feb 02, 2016
adconline:

What a warped reasoning. So in 2015, the budget budget was N3.9tn with recurrent and capital budget factored in, now GMB will spend N4.2tn on recurrent expenditure and go around shopping for N1.8tn for capital project. This is like having N39k in account and you around throwing parties that would cost N42k and then you around borrowing N18k to fix leaky roofs and plumbing in ur house. " Don't tell me what you value, just show me your budget and I'll will tell you what you value" Joe Biden.

Yeah yeah paying salaries is partying.

1 Like

Re: Adeosun Explains Nigeria’s Borrowing Plans To Fund Capital Projects by Nobody: 8:07pm On Feb 02, 2016
ekolina:
If all the borrowed money goes into capital project! what will the other revenues be used for? To get your calculation right, you cal based on % of capital projects in the budget. that is a junior school maths pls
If all borrowed money goes into capital then common sense says the generated revenue go to recurrent.

There is a huge probability that we may not be able meet up with our projections and the goverment does not want capital projects to suffer hence the project tied loans
Re: Adeosun Explains Nigeria’s Borrowing Plans To Fund Capital Projects by adconline(m): 8:21pm On Feb 02, 2016
Obiagelli:

Numbers don't mean anything to u guys, but salaries are part of recurrent expenditutre and were factored in 2015 budget . So why is the govt increasing recurrent expenditure with the same workforce ??
Re: Adeosun Explains Nigeria’s Borrowing Plans To Fund Capital Projects by StOla: 8:28pm On Feb 02, 2016
Obiagelli:
Nigeria 2008
external debt: $3 billion ( corrected)
external reserve: $40 billion
Soveign wealth: $19 billion

Nigeria 2015 (4yrs of record oil prices)

external debt: $9.7 billion
external reserve: $29 billion (corrected)
Soveign wealth: $1 billion

Yet they want us to ask the same president and finance minister of the locust years for advice on how to solve problems that was created and nurtured by same folks.
Re: Adeosun Explains Nigeria’s Borrowing Plans To Fund Capital Projects by StOla: 8:28pm On Feb 02, 2016
Obiagelli:
Nigeria 2008

Yet they want us to ask the same ex president and ex finance minister of the locust years for advice on how to solve problems that was created and nurtured by same folks.
Re: Adeosun Explains Nigeria’s Borrowing Plans To Fund Capital Projects by wink2015(m): 8:33pm On Feb 02, 2016
Nigeria is paying a price for the wastefulness of our oil wealth right from the Babangida administration to the Goodluck Jonathan regime. There was so many corruption and public officer that were reigning then does so with so much impunity.
Re: Adeosun Explains Nigeria’s Borrowing Plans To Fund Capital Projects by nigerianvenom(m): 9:28pm On Feb 02, 2016
luvinhubby:

Foreign debt - $3.8 billion (approx. $4 billion)
ECA - Funds holding account.
SWF - Funds growing account

ECA accessible to sharing by RMFAC to 3 tiers of govt.
SWF invested funds that cannot be accessed by any 'bagger'.
Re: Adeosun Explains Nigeria’s Borrowing Plans To Fund Capital Projects by sinistermind(m): 9:34pm On Feb 02, 2016
Re: Adeosun Explains Nigeria’s Borrowing Plans To Fund Capital Projects by Standing5(m): 12:22am On Feb 03, 2016
Obiagelli:
Nigeria 2008

PDP should be ashamed here. They are still doing massive datashare and sending recharge cards to cyber touts in a bid to derail public perception of Nigerians' mood.
Re: Adeosun Explains Nigeria’s Borrowing Plans To Fund Capital Projects by Nobody: 12:45am On Feb 03, 2016
Obiagelli:

I have not added figures anywhere, if anything else, i have understated figures

Then you are still lying like other apc people.
Re: Adeosun Explains Nigeria’s Borrowing Plans To Fund Capital Projects by Nobody: 12:53am On Feb 03, 2016
Obiagelli:

And salaries cost N4.2tri? Did pmb increase wages? Has he employed more people? That is did he double the workforce?

Does it not look very stupid for one to spend N4 when he was earning N5 and plans to spend N6 when his income dropped to say N4?

1 Like

Re: Adeosun Explains Nigeria’s Borrowing Plans To Fund Capital Projects by Tokt: 7:27am On Feb 03, 2016
obasiken:

One lie needs more lies to cover up. The presidency need to be definite in their statements. They cant say one thing today and contradict the same statement later.

Which is it? was the money stolen, embezelled or misappropriated? These three all mean different things . So far they have accused the past govt of all 3.

u talked about the presidency saying multiple things..............good, now i challenge u to kindly present all the contradictions with verifiable facts from this same presidency. if u cant then the basis of ur post is faulty. u are the one peddling lies not the presidency.
Re: Adeosun Explains Nigeria’s Borrowing Plans To Fund Capital Projects by Tokt: 7:27am On Feb 03, 2016
ekolina:
The 1billion dollar was never a cash loan get your facts right.

Really................prove it.
Re: Adeosun Explains Nigeria’s Borrowing Plans To Fund Capital Projects by ideylaff: 7:28am On Feb 03, 2016
Sealeddeal:
Bia Obiagelli,
It is difficult defending Mrs Kemi Adeosun. She is an underdog. Alot of Financial experts in this forum is better than her and that why her statements are being punctured easily. By merely looking at the budget breakdown and funding,it is easy to know when Mrs Adeosun is talking nonsense.The loan will partly fund recurrent expenditure save if the government do not intend to fully implement the Recurrent expenditure of which imply that government is planning to owe workers salaries. I dont blame Mrs Adeosun,it is Gov. Ibekunle Amosun that set her up.

With his Dksy that she found juicy until OBJ to tried to enter the same garden AMOSUN has bn watering since her Ogun State days.

Sure Mrs AMOSUN is glad she's in the FG set up so her hubby can see she's is alive and focus on her.

Nigerian bedlitics oooooo

Shhhh I never said anything ooooo
Re: Adeosun Explains Nigeria’s Borrowing Plans To Fund Capital Projects by Tokt: 7:29am On Feb 03, 2016
asuustrike2009:

Technically they defeated boko haram yet they still attack isn't strange? Why would he refer to killing of Nigerians as soft target?

Biko, use ur brain nahhh

Tokt:

Yes he was right. He gave reasons for declaring technical defeat didnt he? TANoids and Ipob fools wont tell u that part will they?
He said they are Technically defeated because their capability and capacity to annex territories of the federal republic like they did under the leadership of the buffoon has been neutralised. Sane minds surely know that this is true.
Re: Adeosun Explains Nigeria’s Borrowing Plans To Fund Capital Projects by adconline(m): 8:30am On Feb 03, 2016
jusRadical:

And salaries cost N4.2tri? Did pmb increase wages? Has he employed more people? That is did he double the workforce?

Does it not look very stupid for one to spend N4 when he was earning N5 and plans to spend N6 when his income dropped to say N4?
Common sense means nothing to those gullible folks
Re: Adeosun Explains Nigeria’s Borrowing Plans To Fund Capital Projects by mapet: 8:46am On Feb 03, 2016
Redoil:

Obiagelli:

SWF = ECA

foriegn debt= $3 billion
borrowing by a developing nation to fund project is very deadly esp when it comes to bubu and lie mohamed.

@Redoil,
why don't you stand aside, watch and learn. This discussion is obviously beyond your comprehension
Re: Adeosun Explains Nigeria’s Borrowing Plans To Fund Capital Projects by Nobody: 11:23am On Feb 03, 2016
Tokt:

Biko, use ur brain nahhh

dey there make dos politicians dey use grammar dey deceive una. So so grammar without action
Re: Adeosun Explains Nigeria’s Borrowing Plans To Fund Capital Projects by Tokt: 10:41am On Feb 08, 2016
asuustrike2009:

dey there make dos politicians dey use grammar dey deceive una. So so grammar without action

U still haven't used ur brain.
Re: Adeosun Explains Nigeria’s Borrowing Plans To Fund Capital Projects by fyneguy: 11:08am On Feb 08, 2016
adconline:

Keep yapping and being selective in ur responses. It was around 40% under Obj without borrowing and increasing national debt.
It was 31% in 2013; 24% in 2014; 18% in 2015-all without borrowing and doubling national.
But GMB is borrowing to fund recurrent expenditure. He's increasing the already bloated FG expenditure by 70%..

What was the overhead cost under OBJ? Was the minimum wage under OBJ the same today? You guys need to use same to compare same.
Re: Adeosun Explains Nigeria’s Borrowing Plans To Fund Capital Projects by fyneguy: 11:22am On Feb 08, 2016
jusRadical:

Social Security programmes, School Pupils meal, among others, add to the figure

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari At The 4th Africa-arab Summit In Malabo (Photos) / Atiku To Tinubu: The World Knows You As A Serial Forger And Liar / Idia Ize-Iyamu's Convoy Attacked In Iyamho, Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.