Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,112 members, 7,835,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

Why You Should DELETE Facebook From Your Smartphone, Right NOW - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why You Should DELETE Facebook From Your Smartphone, Right NOW (2683 Views)

Things You Should Never Do While Charging Your Smartphone / Reason Why Should Delete Your Facebook App / Here's The 5 Apps You Should Remove Right Now From Your Smartphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Should DELETE Facebook From Your Smartphone, Right NOW by NewsNewsBlog: 11:36am On Feb 02, 2016
FACEBOOK'S official mobile app is slowing down smartphones and draining battery life, according to reports.

If you do one thing today, you might want to delete Facebook from your Android smartphone

If you have the Facebook app installed on your smartphone, you might want to consider deleting it.
The hugely-successful smartphone app has been hit with controversy this week after a number of reports showed the app drained battery life and slowed phones.
Tests revealed that when Facebook is installed, Android smartphones can run up to 15 per cent slower.
Facebook fans discussed the impact of the US social network's app on Reddit, with one user publishing a chart to show the drain caused by the Android app.
The user's test involved launching 15 popular apps in succession.
Each app loaded significantly faster when Facebook wasn't installed on the same smartphone.

Reddit user pbrandes_eth was so shocked by the performance issues he uninstalled Facebook, posting: "So yeah, I think that settles it for me... I am joining the browser-app camp for now."
"Messenger seems to be worse than FB," pbrandes_eth has claimed. "Both apps individually caused a slow-down of roughly 5% in the test."
In order to perform the test and measure the impact of Facebook and Facebook Messenger, the prominent Redditor used an app called DiscoMark.

CONTD. >>> http://newsnewsblog..com.ng/2016/02/why-you-should-delete-facebook-from.html#0
Re: Why You Should DELETE Facebook From Your Smartphone, Right NOW by khalidx: 11:40am On Feb 02, 2016
Datz true my m3mini lag more wen am using
Re: Why You Should DELETE Facebook From Your Smartphone, Right NOW by Nobody: 11:41am On Feb 02, 2016
True...FB Messenger can drained the batt faster specially if ur on tat app often..but I won't delete mine..I can't carry my lappy wherever I go juz to be sure I'm on my messenger..
Re: Why You Should DELETE Facebook From Your Smartphone, Right NOW by Xhaka(m): 12:07pm On Feb 02, 2016
That facebook app could update 6 times in a month, kinda frustrating sad

1 Like

Re: Why You Should DELETE Facebook From Your Smartphone, Right NOW by herboshedhe(f): 1:08pm On Feb 02, 2016
You're so on point OP

Check out my signature please

1 Like

Re: Why You Should DELETE Facebook From Your Smartphone, Right NOW by temmym4(m): 4:14pm On Feb 02, 2016
So true!
Re: Why You Should DELETE Facebook From Your Smartphone, Right NOW by Daraph(m): 5:52pm On Feb 02, 2016
Come help me delete am nah!
You better go get better battery than looking for the N200 ones
:-/

1 Like

Re: Why You Should DELETE Facebook From Your Smartphone, Right NOW by Nbote(m): 6:25pm On Feb 02, 2016
So it took u dis long to realise dat U didn't also realise it drains battery because it uses d Internet always and as such is always running and for low ram devices slows dem down. . Jus use d new opera mini for ur Facebook and activate notifications if u need to. Saves u battery, data and frees up ur ram.
Re: Why You Should DELETE Facebook From Your Smartphone, Right NOW by Nobody: 7:37pm On Feb 02, 2016
I've known about this for a very long time. . .
I can't even recall the last time I use the s*******d app.
Re: Why You Should DELETE Facebook From Your Smartphone, Right NOW by Rapsowdee01(m): 7:55pm On Feb 02, 2016
I'd advice you use Facebook Lite... It's a facebook app too but uses less data, consumes less space and it has almost all features of the real facebook app...

--> www64.zippyshare.com/v/zqsKMhGl/file.html

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should DELETE Facebook From Your Smartphone, Right NOW by biazarre(m): 11:13pm On Feb 02, 2016
Daraph:
Come help me delete am nah!

You better go get better battery than looking for the N200 ones
:-/
correct!!!
Re: Why You Should DELETE Facebook From Your Smartphone, Right NOW by Nobody: 11:55pm On Feb 02, 2016
NewsNewsBlog:
FACEBOOK'S official mobile app is slowing down smartphones and draining battery life, according to reports.

If you do one thing today, you might want to delete Facebook from your Android smartphone

If you have the Facebook app installed on your smartphone, you might want to consider deleting it.
The hugely-successful smartphone app has been hit with controversy this week after a number of reports showed the app drained battery life and slowed phones.
Tests revealed that when Facebook is installed, Android smartphones can run up to 15 per cent slower.
Facebook fans discussed the impact of the US social network's app on Reddit, with one user publishing a chart to show the drain caused by the Android app.
The user's test involved launching 15 popular apps in succession.
Each app loaded significantly faster when Facebook wasn't installed on the same smartphone.

Reddit user pbrandes_eth was so shocked by the performance issues he uninstalled Facebook, posting: "So yeah, I think that settles it for me... I am joining the browser-app camp for now."
"Messenger seems to be worse than FB," pbrandes_eth has claimed. "Both apps individually caused a slow-down of roughly 5% in the test."
In order to perform the test and measure the impact of Facebook and Facebook Messenger, the prominent Redditor used an app called DiscoMark.

CONTD. >>> http://newsnewsblog..com.ng/2016/02/why-you-should-delete-facebook-from.html#0
huh!

people still patronize Facebook!
Re: Why You Should DELETE Facebook From Your Smartphone, Right NOW by bobo65(m): 1:00am On Feb 03, 2016
Nbote:
So it took u dis long to realise dat U didn't also realise it drains battery because it uses d Internet always and as such is always running and for low ram devices slows dem down. . Jus use d new opera mini for ur Facebook and activate notifications if u need to. Saves u battery, data and frees up ur ram.

Ucweb does that too

I think I'll delete fb and leave messenger

1 Like

Re: Why You Should DELETE Facebook From Your Smartphone, Right NOW by MisterLongman(m): 1:16am On Feb 03, 2016
All I keep seeing is battery this, battery that.. blame it on electricity...
My siggy is the real deal
Re: Why You Should DELETE Facebook From Your Smartphone, Right NOW by closeup2000: 2:18am On Feb 03, 2016
well you can use the lite if the main doesn't suite you now,its just some KBS in fact when I downloaded the lite I was like "the developer of fb real app should be lied down and beaten seriously"
Re: Why You Should DELETE Facebook From Your Smartphone, Right NOW by joey150(m): 6:28am On Feb 03, 2016
closeup2000:
well you can use the lite if the main doesn't suite you now,its just some KBS in fact when I downloaded the lite I was like "the developer of fb real app should be lied down and beaten seriously"
whats the name of the lite version on play store?
Re: Why You Should DELETE Facebook From Your Smartphone, Right NOW by Nbote(m): 7:07am On Feb 03, 2016
bobo65:

Ucweb does that too

I think I'll delete fb and leave messenger

Yea including chrome but ucweb consumes much more data dan opera mini. I only use ucweb for downloads. U can get fb lite also but ur best bet is using d new operamini
Re: Why You Should DELETE Facebook From Your Smartphone, Right NOW by bobo65(m): 10:26am On Feb 03, 2016
Nbote:

Yea including chrome but ucweb consumes much more data dan opera mini. I only use ucweb for downloads. U can get fb lite also but ur best bet is using d new operamini

Does it download as fast as ucweb?
Re: Why You Should DELETE Facebook From Your Smartphone, Right NOW by closeup2000: 1:19pm On Feb 03, 2016
joey150:
whats the name of the lite version on play store?
Facebook lite,the updated one should appear..
Re: Why You Should DELETE Facebook From Your Smartphone, Right NOW by joey150(m): 1:37pm On Feb 03, 2016
closeup2000:
Facebook lite,the updated one should appear..
it says its not available inmy country ohh

(1) (Reply)

Tecno Pouvoir 3 Air VS Infinix Hot 6/7 / Access Bank Unveils Smartphone Device Financing Scheme / Nigerians React As Itel Attack Twitter User For Mocking Its Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.